• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

So what are everyone's favorite character portraits added to Heroes? Do you think any are particularly good (re)interpretations of characters, or just look cool in general? I know lots of them get hate and some are very questionable: Eliwood is undoubtedly a travesty. But what do you think are the good ones?

I quite like Sully's art, and I'm not even really a fan of her in Awakening. I actually prefer the new art for Catria, Eirika, and Ephraim compared to their original sprites. Lucina and Odin are also good IMO. And Takumi is good too.

Eirika, Ephraim, Minerva, Lucina, Hinoka, Young Tiki, Hawkeye, Jeorge, and Seliph are some of the great ones

Catria's thighs are headache inducing is very good

Julia's is God tier

Effie looks hilarious

Durden77

Well there is also character natures. where it's much more likely to pull a unit with perfect IV of 3* or 4*, which could end up being better than a base 5*. but yeah, hopefully there will be a mode where we can exchange these abundant stamina for feathers.

I think it could definitely be alleviated somewhat but giving you feathers, even very small amounts, at a constant rate. Like 5 for every victory in every mode or something.

Also is there some sort of IV calculator or something like Pokemon to know if your character has the best IVs?

So what are everyone's favorite character portraits added to Heroes? Do you think any are particularly good (re)interpretations of characters, or just look cool in general? I know lots of them get hate and some are very questionable: Eliwood is undoubtedly a travesty. But what do you think are the good ones?

I quite like Sully's art, and I'm not even really a fan of her in Awakening. I actually prefer the new art for Catria, Eirika, and Ephraim compared to their original sprites. Lucina and Odin are also good IMO. And Takumi is good too.
Ryoma, Frederick, Barst, Hawkeye, Saizo, Abel, Camus, and The Masked Man are my favorites so far.

champloo

I think it could definitely be alleviated somewhat but giving you feathers, even very small amounts, at a constant rate. Like 5 for every victory in every mode or something.

Also is there some sort of IV calculator or something like Pokemon to know if your character has the best IVs?

There are sites that provides stats of units with different IVs. I use https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/ and http://feheroes.wiki/Main_Page
Best IVs are subjective though, since they don't affect stats total.

Golnei

I like it that they are letting different artist doing the portraits. makes the cast feel diverse. My favorite is Gunter's & Zephiel's, so badass.

I hope they'll bring Yamada back for a few more characters later - I don't really mind who, since there's quite a few who would be well suited to his style.

They've toned down the absurd hair characteristic of so many portraits in the earlier FE titles, which is a good thing, IMO.

This is the only Lachesis I acknowledge.

FireEmblem-SeisennoKeifuJTEng594.png

1upsuper

Eirika, Ephraim, Minerva, Lucina, Hinoka, Young Tiki, Hawkeye, Jeorge, and Seliph are some of the great ones

Catria's thighs are headache inducing is very good

Julia's is God tier

Effie looks hilarious

Agreed. You reminded me of a lot of good ones that just slipped my mind completely. Catria's art seems divisive but I think she's cute in Heroes. And I love Julia's expression and the colors the artist used. I like Effie's art but it seems like a total mismatch with her English VA.

Ryoma, Frederick, Barst, Hawkeye, Saizo, Abel, Camus, and The Masked Man are my favorites so far.

Hawkeye and Ryoma look badass, IMO. Barst has been ruined by too many pulls though...

1upsuper

I don't even have one Barst. :(

I don't care how he fits into the meta, I just really want him for my team/collection.

Sorry. :( Across my accounts I have more Bartres and Barsts than I know what to do with. I'm also the same way - I care more about collecting my favorite characters than anything else, though keeping up with the meta at the same time would be nice...

I hope they'll bring Yamada back for a few more characters later - I don't really mind who, since there's quite a few who would be well suited to his style.

This is the only Lachesis I acknowledge.

FireEmblem-SeisennoKeifuJTEng594.png
The entire second generation of Genealogy of the Holy War belongs in a hair metal band.

Sorry. :( Across my accounts I have more Bartres and Barsts than I know what to do with. I'm also the same way - I care more about collecting my favorite characters than anything else, though keeping up with the meta at the same time would be nice...
Well, I've also been super frugal with my orbs, so I haven't done many pulls, but Green units are always scarce when I do.

I'm just worried that once another huge glut of common characters are added, he'll be even harder to get. I'm hoping that the daily Hero quests will be changed soon and he (along with Saizo) will be among the new batch.

Three pulls early yesterday:

I don't think there was anything worthwhile.

What I really need is a very good 5 star green unit.

Should I spend the feathers and get Hector up to 5 stars? Or just wait to pull a good 4/5 star green hero?

Cerium

Indefinitely or just for that post? I went back and spoilered the image in my post. I'm sorry if I spoiled something you didn't want to see.

Indefinitely because posters like the one you quoted have made it pretty clear they don't intend to stop. There's only two or three who are really relentless about it, but people keep quoting them so the list keeps getting longer.

I appreciate your consideration.

1upsuper

Indefinitely because posters like the one you quoted have made it pretty clear they don't intend to stop. There's only two or three who are really relentless about it, but people keep quoting them so the list keeps getting longer.

I appreciate your consideration.

OK, I see. I will be more careful in the future.

casiopao

Banner is a lie.

Banner is a lie.

Banner is a lie.

after 40 orb pull of nothingness, another 20 pull give me Caeda 5 star and 5 star Seliph.

Wuuuuuuuu.T_T

PK Gaming

Agreed. You reminded me of a lot of good ones that just slipped my mind completely. Catria's art seems divisive but I think she's cute in Heroes. And I love Julia's expression and the colors the artist used. I like Effie's art but it seems like a total mismatch with her English VA.

Hawkeye and Ryoma look badass, IMO. Barst has been ruined by too many pulls though...

She does the boobs and butts pose, which is pretty pervy, but I honestly think it works in spite of that. Idk, I can't really put it into words, but I like it. As for Effie, I think her english VA is fantastic. The original Effie was pretty shallow, going for the standard "strong, quiet beauty" (which is reflected in her art). The english version completely throws that away, instead going for a bodybuilder gal who says ridiculously cheesy things and it contrasts heavily with her design. It's great.

ggx2ac

Banner is a lie.

Banner is a lie.

Banner is a lie.

after 40 orb pull of nothingness, another 20 pull give me Caeda 5 star and 5 star Seliph.

Wuuuuuuuu.T_T

I've already complained about it through Feedback.

I'm not willing to spend more money on orbs after all it took for me to get Klein.

They need to change the system so that appearance rates don't reset until you get a 5* Focus unit. Now, they can have regular 5* rates reset if you get one, I don't care about them.

What's annoying is that it's becoming unsustainable to keep rolling for focus units every two weeks. I wouldn't care about having to get them if it wasn't for the fact that you need a 5* Focus unit for arena which is always from the current banner.

Edit: Just to add, I can't be satisfied with just having one of a particular focus unit due to the random IV natures and that you have to fuse up to 11 of them to get them to their max level for competitiveness in arena.

redcrayon

I like Eirika and Ephraim, also Ryoma. My favourite so far is Hinoka, she really stands out from the other Pegasus knights, but that might just be her bob haircut and pose. Still, she looks cute. Not so sure about Catria- she seems a bit awkwardly twisted. I quite like Saizo and Gunter too. It's cool there are different art styles when there are going to be hundreds of units with lots of them looking fairly similar.

Really not sure why so many cavalry units in Fire Emblem refuse to wear anything more than the skimpiest of underwear when riding flying creatures, it looks incredibly painful during combat and landing to me! I suppose a sensible pair of riding trousers wouldn't let them show off their thighs or something. At least Beruka looks like she takes fighting people from the back of a wyvern (or on foot. Or murdering them in their sleep) seriously.

casiopao

I've already complained about it through Feedback.

I'm not willing to spend more money on orbs after all it took for me to get Klein.

They need to change the system so that appearance rates don't reset until you get a 5* Focus unit. Now, they can have regular 5* rates reset if you get one, I don't care about them.

What's annoying is that it's becoming unsustainable to keep rolling for focus units every two weeks. I wouldn't care about having to get them if it wasn't for the fact that you need a 5* Focus unit for arena which is always from the current banner.

Totally agree. I roll for banner unit so that i will have advantage for the upcoming Arena.

If this is the way they are doing it, i am not going to be happy at all as i had been missing all banner unit when they give me 5 Star i don't wanted.

While i likey Caeda, i want all that Banner unit and without that, i am sure that i am going to have hard time for this week arena.T_T

Time to just stop pulling and just wait for some improvement coming soon or i will just wait for the Choose your own Hero type thingy like other gacha game to come and then i will spam my orb again.T_T

Golnei

Really not sure why so many cavalry units in Fire Emblem refuse to wear anything more than the skimpiest of underwear when riding flying creatures, it looks incredibly painful during combat and landing to me! I suppose a sensible pair of riding trousers wouldn't let them show off their thighs or something.

It's been a recurring motif from the beginning, but I wish they had a few more exceptions - even if it were just leather leggings with cutouts to show copious amounts of skin like Cherche's. Or alternatively, perhaps they should have made Tsubaki and Shigure go without pants.

1upsuper

I like Eirika and Ephraim, also Ryoma. My favourite so far is Hinoka, she really stands out from the other Pegasus knights, but that might just be her bob haircut and pose. Still, she looks cute. Not so sure about Catria- she seems a bit awkwardly twisted. I quite like Saizo and Gunter too. It's cool there are different art styles when there are going to be hundreds of units with lots of them looking fairly similar.

Really not sure why so many cavalry units in Fire Emblem refuse to wear anything more than the skimpiest of underwear when riding flying creatures, it looks incredibly painful during combat and landing to me! I suppose a sensible pair of riding trousers wouldn't let them show off their thighs or something. At least Beruka looks like she takes fighting people from the back of a wyvern (or on foot. Or murdering them in their sleep) seriously.

She does the boobs and butts pose, which is pretty pervy, but I honestly think it works in spite of that. Idk, I can't really put it into words, but I like it. As for Effie, I think her english VA is fantastic. The original Effie was pretty shallow, going for the standard "strong, quiet beauty" (which is reflected in her art). The english version completely throws that away, instead going for a bodybuilder gal who says ridiculously cheesy things and it contrasts heavily with her design. It's great.

Yeah, the pose and pants are definitely questionable/sexual at the expense of anatomy/practicality with some of these designs. I didn't even realize Camilla doesn't even wear pants for ages. WTF. I just think Catria looks cute despite the pose. Her original design is, like a lot of earlier FE designs (IMO), very unremarkable.

And yeah, the juxtaposition going in with Effie is cool due to how striking it is.

ggx2ac

They actually put in the same bonus heroes as last week, even though this time they got the new banner out before the arena season ended.

SYNTAX182

They actually put in the same bonus heroes as last week, even though this time they got the new banner out before the arena season ended.

Terrible. At least add in the lords. Being forced to use Seliph is torture. Welp, sent them more feedback. =/

In other news, I finally got 20k feathers. Nino +atk -hp is who I am leaning towards to promote. Also got Robin(m) +def -res. And Marth, can't remember his nature but I know it's not -spd. My team comp. is usually Sharena, Lyn, Nino, Olivia. I think Nino is most worthy. Robin as anti-Takumi is tempting. Takumi is the most that gives me trouble but Nino 5* might be good enough. Any suggestions?

sense

Got a bad roll this time. Still need backup red and green 5* units for young tiki and Camilla. May have to use up my feathers to upgrade raven from 4 to 5 stars since Camilla is not reliable for arena defense.

ggx2ac

This is my Nino before the banner with Nino comes out next week. Maybe I'll get to add two more levels which would put Nino at 171 rating.

Well, lets hope Seliph can save my balls here.T_T

How good is Seliph in arena?

All I use him for is to boost my team rating average since he has 178 rating, beating Hector easily and acting like a meat shield at times.

ty_hot

Havent been playing much in the last days, played a little just to get some orbs and roll 5 characters:

Virion 3
Wrys 4
Gordin 3
Palla 3
Hana 3

shit roll. not playing more today lol

ggx2ac

It's only been an hour and my defense team has already beaten two people. lol

I haven't even set up the mean defense team I wanted, oh well.

I'll save my dueling crests for tomorrow because I assume the March quests will appear so then I'll spend do extra matches for feathers.

champloo

Is it even worth using Narcian? My 5* Anna's higher stats might be enough to compensate. How many points do you get from bonus heroes anyway?

Using bonus characters doubles the score. So yeah, you are stuck with Narcian. at least he's not as useless as 3* Odin.

Ninferno

This is actually consistent... The family bond banner characters were also only added to the bonus set one week after their introduction. If you change them now they would have only been there for a week, as opposed to the banner's two week cycle. I don't know why IS did this, why didn't they just make the two transitions align with each other as opposed to what is happening right now, a weird one week offset. But still, it is not the family bond that is at fault, it is the original legendary hero and deep devotion banners staying in bonus set for one more week that caused this weird situation.

redcrayon

I wouldn't mind it if it so much if was for another class, RD probably has the only sensible design for actually riding pegasi.
I wonder if we'll see Elincia. She's a bit of a weird class though, healer on Pegasus with rapier. I suppose they could have her sword as her weapon (rather than assault/pain) and a healing ability as her support?

Having said that I like the Tellius Pegasus knights- Sigrun, the Begnion Pegasus captain, was great fun. Her ability to call on a squadron of three npc Pegasus knights as reinforcements was certainly useful for drawing ballista fire :D

Ninferno

I wonder if we'll see Elincia. She's a bit of a weird class though, healer on Pegasus with rapier. I suppose they could have her sword as her weapon (rather than assault/pain) and a healing ability as her support?

Having said that I like the Tellius Pegasus knights- Sigrun, the Begnion Pegasus captain, was great fun. Her ability to call on a squadron of three npc Pegasus knights as reinforcements was certainly useful for drawing ballista fire :D

You are actually referring to Tanith, the deputy commander. And yes, she's pretty awesome; I like her character and design a lot.

McNum

Imagine being stuck with 3* Narcian.
...I don't have to imagine.

I'm just going to aim for 3000 points, no need to try and be competitive this week or the last. Such an awful set of bonus units. Narcian is the anti-fun of the game.

And I've stopped rolling for new units, because after spending every single free orb the game could provide, I've gotten no five star unit at all. So I don't summon anymore. And I'm certainly not going to pay to be disappointed some more. Current plan is building up free orbs until I can summon 125 units in a row. Then I'll get a 5-star unit. Or until I lose interest in the game. Whichever comes first.

Golnei

Going by Lachesis, I think it's more likely that she'll become a staff-only character.

casiopao

Is it wrong that I like the short skirts on Pegasus Knights

Nope.

There is a huge reason why i am going to waste 20k feather for my Palla here even when i had other 4 star chara to level up.^^

After Palla, Est is my to go 5 star chara lol.^^

With that, i will complete my triangle like the god i am am.

Catria, Palla, Caeda and Est 5 star baby.^^

All I use him for is to boost my team rating average since he has 178 rating, beating Hector easily and acting like a meat shield at times.

I usually use Chrom to compensate for red Sword user.

Can Seliph beat Takumi here? I love using CHrom and his regenerating trait to tank and run lol.

redcrayon

You are actually referring to Tanith, the deputy commander. And yes, she's pretty awesome; I like her character and design a lot.
Ah, thanks, yeah it's been a while :D

Going by Lachesis, I think it's more likely that she'll become a staff-only character.
Fair point, true enough. I much prefer the RD character designs, they tend to be taller and go in for surcoats much more for the cavalry/knightly characters, which looks elegant and high-status when combined with armour rather than strapping on a breastplate over a jumper which is what a lot of the older designs looked like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom