• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Happy to see new quests for orbs, but I don't know any of these guys.

I guess I'll save my orbs for the next banner.

Gotchaye

It's a shame there's not much hype for these banner units despite some of them, Lachesis and Eltshan especially, are super cool from a character perspective. It just goes to show if you don't design characters with the saber archetype people won't spend money on them lol

I mean, nobody who speaks English knows who any of them are except for Sanaki. And then because total stats are so important for the only end-game content we've got, mounted and ranged heroes have to be really impressive to get a look, and healers are both not that useful and hard to differentiate. The new Brave Tome users are paying an absolutely massive stat penalty, for example.

Eldigan's the only one that looks particularly appealing absent a prior attachment from an earlier FE game, mostly because he's got a Killer weapon with the Mt of a Silver+ weapon, but even then I'm not sure his kit is that great, although I think he's the red with the highest stats right now.

That's why you have to balance it with higher rated units.

If it's possible to get 4* versions of these characters after the banner like with Eirika and Seliph then, over time these units will be better for Arena when you merge them to get their rating higher.

I know at the moment armoured units, lords and dragons are the way to go to get your team rating high in arena but, in a years time no one is going to keep using those same units when they are getting beaten hard by mages, daggers and archers at level 50.

Why wouldn't you just use level 50 armored and dragons instead? I understand that there's a score cap somewhere but realistically something's got to change with the way Arena works to make it so that most people aren't better off just trying to put together a huge bundle of stats.

Dragner

I will be rocking Eindhard with his potato stats when he becomes a bonus unit. Road to sub 4k arena score!.

Sadly because I like Eindhart quite a lot but arena is terribly designed.

Zafir

I've finally got enough feathers to promote a 4* to 5*.

The question is what.

I have 2 Effies, but both her IV's are a bit meh. +SPD -RES, -ATK +DEF. On the other hand I have a 5* Sakura she could pair up with, but then again not sure how much its worth using healers really.

Some other options -

Nowi +ATK -DEF

Kagero +SPD -RES

Corrin F -DEF +RES, -HP +ATK

Course I could just save them.

Cerium

I've finally got enough feathers to promote a 4* to 5*.

The question is what.

I have 2 Effies, but both her IV's are a bit meh. +SPD -RES, -ATK +DEF. On the other hand I have a 5* Sakura she could pair up with, but then again not sure how much its worth using healers really.

Some other options -

Nowi +ATK -DEF

Kagero +SPD -RES

Corrin F -DEF +RES, -HP +ATK

Course I could just save them.
Kagero has the best nature of those.

With no green focus characters, is this the best chance at pulling Hector so far? I don't really get how the percentages work when a focus color is missing.

On how percentages work when pulling non-Focus: The leading theory is that RNG generates the unit first then spawns the appropriate-colored orb as opposed to the other way around. This avoids the "How's the 3% Focus spread if I'm picking non-Focus color" problem and also explains why red is the most common color. The whales can help confirm red is pretty darn common.

To give you an idea of how it's spread, assuming I can count...

3% Focus 5* spread across 2 red, 2 blue, 2 gray, 6 total
3% non-Focus 5* spread across 16 red, 10 blue, 9 green, 7 gray, 42 total
36% 4* spread across 26 red, 18 blue, 15 green, 18 gray, 77 total
58% 3* spread across 15 red, 12 blue, 9 green, 13 gray, 49 total

Now, with Hector being a non-Focus 5* green, the chances of merely spawning him are a pretty abysmal 0.07%. As you aren't forced to pick blindly and can discard unwanted colors, your odds of actually getting him are a little better.

Assuming my math isn't bad...(Some rounding involved, so actual numbers are a little higher)

3%*9/42 chance of spawning non-Focus 5* green
36%*15/77 chance of spawning 4* green
58%*9/49 chance of spawning 3* green

OR 18.3% of spawning a green orb

Hector has a 0.07% chance of spawning at all, but that's 0.07% of 18.3%, effectively giving him a 0.38% chance of being pullable from a green orb.

On "Is this the best time to pull Hector?": Actually, the best time was at launch, not that the odds were good in the first place! As others have said, you'll just have to pray he becomes a banner character now 'cause it only gets worse from here. :p

Syrus

Banned
Goddambit. 33 orbs , all i got is 4 star roy and another 4 catria.

Fuckin sucks lol

I just want a good blue and neutral

Akuun

Who are some good ranged characters these days? Are Linde, Nino, Julia, MRobin, and Kagero still the most favored ones?

I'm mostly looking for glass cannons because the rest of my team is kind of short on damage. I have a 4* MRobin but he seems to really lack damage?

ggx2ac

Why wouldn't you just use level 50 armored and dragons instead? I understand that there's a score cap somewhere but realistically something's got to change with the way Arena works to make it so that most people aren't better off just trying to put together a huge bundle of stats.

I have the chance of getting a level 50 Female Corrin so I may do that.

Just unlikely to do that with armoured units, I don't like their mobility. You'd still have to balance them with units that can move them around with support skills like Reposition.

Add this with how difficult Hector is to get, I really wouldn't want to see how many orbs it would take to get him a few times.

Edit: Maybe I misread what you said.

Pulled once, got a bunch of 3 star crap along with 5 star Minerva. Not terrible, but I really want Olwen :/

Uh, hm. Was expecting a more dignified art for Lachesis than what we got... I always figured she was more... Strong willed and less moe.

Lol for real. Her artwork doesn't match her speech patterns whatsoever. Not really digging Eldigan's art either.

Draxal

I mean, nobody who speaks English knows who any of them are except for Sanaki. And then because total stats are so important for the only end-game content we've got, mounted and ranged heroes have to be really impressive to get a look, and healers are both not that useful and hard to differentiate. The new Brave Tome users are paying an absolutely massive stat penalty, for example.

Eldigan's the only one that looks particularly appealing absent a prior attachment from an earlier FE game, mostly because he's got a Killer weapon with the Mt of a Silver+ weapon, but even then I'm not sure his kit is that great, although I think he's the red with the highest stats right now.

TBH, Reinhardt and a dancer is 400 feathers every week.

Mupod

Who are some good ranged characters these days? Are Linde, Nino, Julia, MRobin, and Kagero still the most favored ones?

I'm mostly looking for glass cannons because the rest of my team is kind of short on damage. I have a 4* MRobin but he seems to really lack damage?

Tharja has a tome similar to Nino that gets stronger with buffs. People seem to be waking up to how strong that is and both shot up on the tier lists.

Robin doesn't hit the hardest but he's got good defense and advantage over colorless. So he murders the 87 bazillion Takumis in arena.

Dangit game, I'm trying to Red focus here for Sanaki

I get child Tiki on my last orb pull.

Like...I can't complain since child Tiki is good but it's not Sanaki...

Theosmeo

4* to 5* Always get a big damage buff due to 5* superior weapons, I'd make him your next feather target unless you pull someone from your list or Takumi at 5*, also if you want to see meta ranged fighters here's a tier list.
http://i.imgur.com/vW3LHO9.png

If you've got orbs stocked you could wait till nino next week also

Venfayth

Apparently I'm just clumsy but I cannot count the number of times I have misplayed in this game and cost myself a unit. Does anyone think having a one turn undo (just one action of your own, while still your own turn) would be gamebreaking?

Ninferno

Uh, hm. Was expecting a more dignified art for Lachesis than what we got... I always figured she was more... Strong willed and less moe.

This. In FE4, she might be stubborn but never stupid; she is strong and determined. In Heroes, her portrait and dialogue make her look and sound like a spoiled loli instead....

They'd better not screw up next time with Nanna, or else there will be riot.

impirius

Apparently I'm just clumsy but I cannot count the number of times I have misplayed in this game and cost myself a unit. Does anyone think having a one turn undo (just one action of your own, while still your own turn) would be gamebreaking?
Maybe if it allows you to undo an action where your unit does nothing but move. I get that fairly often.

NO KAGERO WHY ARE YOU GREY NOW

Wilsongt

This. In FE4, she might be stubborn but never stupid. She is strong and determined. In heroes, her portrait and dialogue make her look and sound like a spoiled loli; that sucks.

They better don't screw up next time with Nanna, or else there will be riot.

Is it just me, or is the translation team ratcheting up the underlying incest motive for some of these siblings... Maybe it's just me.

Theosmeo

This. In FE4, she might be stubborn but never stupid. She is strong and determined. In heroes, her portrait and dialogue make her look and sound like a spoiled loli; that sucks.

They better don't screw up next time with Nanna, or else there will be riot.
I'm mostly mad they made her a staff healer, they screwed up a chance to have a sword unit that could heal. That's like the point of master knight.

Is it just me, or is the translation team ratcheting up the underlying incest motive for some of these siblings... Maybe it's just me.
Definitely not for Lachesis, a lot of what was interesting about her was that while she understood the limits of her princess power, she used that and her good looks to sleep with her brother, Beowolf, and Finn cuz she just likes having sex. Surprisingly rare in Japanese storytelling as well

Pejo

Made a quick 5 pull last night and got the new banner healer. Her skillset seems "meh" at best, I'd rather rank up Sakura or Clarine. That said, ranking up healers seems silly in this game so far, 4* seem to be able to do just fine, so I'm not even sure I'd use this new girl.

Ah well, at least I got the pulling out of my system early.

woopWOOP

Alright, new characters new chances, 40 orbs for 10 new units

and 5 of them are dupes. I don't even summon that much! So lame. I guess they might end up useful with that future skill inheritance update, however that works

I'm alright with the 5 non-dupes tho, buncha 3/4-star average joes, including a 4-star Eirika. Too bad her attack buff is hidden behind a 20.000 feather upgrade, wah

Mupod

Is it worth upgrading Olivia to 5*?

Her dance is very useful but it's pretty much all there is to it...

The only thing she gets from being 5* is a slightly stronger weapon and more stats.

I've thought about just promoting all the low level Olivias I have and fusing them into the 4* version. I wonder if a 4* +10 Olivia would be siginficantly better than a single 5*. Feather cost would end up the same and she doesn't drop as a 5*. Also I never want to have to level her to 40 ever again.

After I use my 20k feathers on somebody, probably Sharena, I'm gonna have to drop Olivia for the sake of arena stats. But she's so important to how I play the game it's gonna suck to do so.

Firemind

Is it worth upgrading Olivia to 5*?

Her dance is very useful but it's pretty much all there is to it...
Hone Attack scores critical OHKOs that otherwise wouldn't OHKO, but she gets Hone Attack 3 at *4.

I position my units around her buff to get maximum value. Kagero and Effie especially can score OHKOs with a +4 atk buff.

-DEF/+RES child tiki...

Given how most of the things that kill her are sword users I guess -DEF helps cause def is pretty useless in that scenario anyways...

Weebos

Banned
Alright, new characters new chances, 40 orbs for 10 new units

and 5 of them are dupes. I don't even summon that much! So lame. I guess they might end up useful with that future skill inheritance update, however that works

I'm alright with the 5 non-dupes tho, buncha 3/4-star average joes, including a 4-star Eirika. Too bad her attack buff is hidden behind a 20.000 feather upgrade, wah

Oooh, I didn't realize Eirika could be 4 star now. I'm tempted just to play the odds.

gaiages

Banned

Yeah, I didn't even recognize her from the banner art until I looked up who was in it. She looks like she's like 12

I'm mostly mad they made her a staff healer, they screwed up a chance to have a sword unit that could heal. That's like the point of master knight.

Definitely not for Lachesis, a lot of what was interesting about her was that while she understood the limits of her princess power, she used that and her good looks to sleep with her brother, Beowolf, and Finn cuz she just likes having sex. Surprisingly rare in Japanese storytelling as well

Okay admittedly I haven't played all of FE4 but she really had sex with her brother? I thought was just a rumor.

vctor182

Used my 20 orbs saved up and got 4* Tiki and 5* Sanaki, not bad. Sanaki's weapon gives +4 attack to adjacent allies through next turn and also has Hone attack that gives +4 attack through next turn... I don't think they will stack because it will be terribly broken to give +8 attack so what's the point??

Yeah, I didn't even recognize her from the banner art until I looked up who was in it. She looks like she's like 12

Okay admittedly I haven't played all of FE4 but she really had sex with her brother? I thought was just a rumor.
In the game she is rumored to have strong romantic feelings for her brother, but in the manga it is clear that they are in a romantic relationship. But nowhere is it actually stated that they had sex. Finn technically is the official pairing since Nanna the child of Lachesis calls Finn her father.

fek

Got lucky with the gacha this time, Young Tiki and Reinhardt in 40 orbs. Is there anywhere I can check Reinhardt IVs already?

OVDRobo

I think they kinda just jumped straight into it headfirst with this game.

The first major event is practically the incest event where all the potential incest of the series has a giant spotlight shone on it.

At this rate, the next event will probably be the 1000 year-old dragons event.

gaiages

Banned
In the game she is rumored to have strong romantic feelings for her brother, but in the manga it is clear that they are in a romantic relationship. But nowhere is it actually stated that they had sex. Finn technically is the official pairing since Nanna the child of Lachesis calls Finn her father.

Ah I see, interesting. Thanks :D

Akuun

Thanks, I guess I'll save my orbs and see if my Robin has a good nature. F2P builds up orbs so slowly that it probably makes sense to save for a week or two until I find a banner I like.

On an unrelated note, I'm also getting a bit weirded out by the whole incest theme in these events. This isn't fucking Game of Thrones here.

But the sad thing is that in this new story, all the dialogue full of siblings endlessly gushing over each other is still somehow less annoying than the dialogue in the previous set.

Mupod

The appearance rates resetting with new banners sucks ass. lol

pretty much. I ended up spending money trying to get SOME use out of the 5.5% I had built up on Legendary Heroes because the massive number of orbs wasted would've been too tragic otherwise. At least the +spd/-res Robin I found was worth it.

I wonder if they would ever bring back old banners, and if so would you keep your appearance rate? Doubt it, but just a thought.

Wilsongt

I think they kinda just jumped straight into it headfirst with this game.

The first major event is practically the incest event where all the potential incest of the series has a giant spotlight shone on it.

At this rate, the next event will probably be the 1000 year-old dragons event.

Seriously. Scared Stones seemed like it tried to downplay the twincest just a little, but this game just decided to beat you across the face with it...

I'm surprised they didn't try it more with Seliph and Julia.

Wilsongt

Thanks, I guess I'll save my orbs and see if my Robin has a good nature. F2P builds up orbs so slowly that it probably makes sense to save for a week or two until I find a banner I like.

On an unrelated note, I'm also getting a bit weirded out by the whole incest theme in these events. This isn't fucking Game of Thrones here.

But the sad thing is that in this new story, all the dialogue full of siblings endlessly gushing over each other is still somehow less annoying than the dialogue in the previous set.

Fire Emblem 4 predates the first TSOIAF book. It did the incest first. :D

elty

Reinhardt has 18 native speed (13 after the weapon). Is this a record low?

Mine is a + DEF - RES one. I wish I have a + ATK - SPD.

StAidan

Decided to try a pull on the new banner and ended up with my second 5* so far, Hinoka. Not a great unit based on the current tier list, and of course my other 5* is Ephraim so two blues don't help me that much anyway.

Sigh..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom