• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
March calendars
C5vau4SUoAAyzxy.jpg:orig
C5vav1cVAAAPgUa.jpg:orig
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/836503020863012864
I thought they're going to do both characters in same calendar lol

Dee Dee

Okay, first of all, where's my March wallpaper?

Edit: Aw yes, finally!!

Three pulls early yesterday:

I don't think there was anything worthwhile.

What I really need is a very good 5 star green unit.

Should I spend the feathers and get Hector up to 5 stars? Or just wait to pull a good 4/5 star green hero?

What is this humble brag? Yes, get your Hector up to 5* and obliterate everyone in arena.
Unless you are mistaking the Draug you pulled for Hector, then no, trash that sword tank.
Is this a joke I am missing?

So what are everyone's favorite character portraits added to Heroes? Do you think any are particularly good (re)interpretations of characters, or just look cool in general? I know lots of them get hate and some are very questionable: Eliwood is undoubtedly a travesty. But what do you think are the good ones?

I quite like Sully's art, and I'm not even really a fan of her in Awakening. I actually prefer the new art for Catria, Eirika, and Ephraim compared to their original sprites. Lucina and Odin are also good IMO. And Takumi is good too.

The person that did the art for the "old men" is amazing, I love them all: Gunter, Jagen and Ogma are who I own. The one that looks kinda pencil drawn.
The colorful and nice soft style for Kagero and Saizo is beautiful too. There's an artist named ZaZa who I find hit and miss, the art really works for Lissa, but poor Florina is a horrible Moe blob now.

The Codename:Steam artist AKIRA really stands out to me, Raven is probably my favorite character portrait that I have seen up close. Arthur looks great in their style too, it's a perfect fit. I don't like Olivia, but there's only so much you can do with an outfit made of cutouts held together by see through shawls.

zohar

Neo Member
Is there any difference to a character when summoning a 5 star one or upgrading a one to 5 star?
There is not. But each character rolls different stats no matter the star rating.

If you roll +Atk/-Def on two of the same character, but one is 4-star and the other is 5-star, they will both be the same after leveling up the 4-star.

Moonlight

Banned
To go back to the topic of adding support conversations and such to the game, fwiw, both of the mobile games I regularly play (that is, GBF and Idolm@ster Starlight Stage) offer for basically every character in the game at least three events associated with them that can pretty fairly be compared to support conversations in terms of amount of writing. Granblue even has quests tied to them to unlock character skills. A lot of this stuff is voiced too. Out of any demand to make out of IntSys, asking for more three conversations to unlock per character is not only not unreasonable, it has tons of precedent. And while I don't play FG/O, I'm pretty sure it has a lot of character-specific content to read too.

While asking for supports in the traditional FE sense of connecting various characters together is too much to ask for, I certainly think they could be doing a lot more to reward building up a character than the level 40 conversation. Which is nice but like... IntSys is not exactly going out of their way with those.

March calendars

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/836503020863012864
I thought they're going to do both characters in same calendar lol
There's a clean, high res render of Kozaki's Lyn out there and I need it.

ggx2ac

Finally got a Speed up, Res down Female Corrin so I guess I'll be making her my next 5* when I get to 20k feathers again and merge my current 5* Female Corrin to her.

I guess current Wyrmslayers not named Julia aren't really a problem for her. In one arena, I buffed her with enough speed to beat Takumi in one round and then she beat Lucina the next turn in one hit because of Draconic Aura so Corrin's weakened state didn't matter. lol

Moonlight

Banned
Also, favourite character art: Anna and Sharena of course have to get a mention here as a Kozaki enthusiast, and I just really like how it manages to ride the line between style and function while embodying a pretty clear visual motif. Fae and Nino both look cute and I love their respective artists. The artist behind Serra and Setsuna also did really great work, imo and it makes me a little upset it doesn't seem they have a Twitter or anything I can track their work on.

Is there any way for me to get some 3 stars or 4 stars i wanted here.T_T I want Est soo bad.T_T
Est might show up as a special map character eventually if you never pull her.

Sölf

Finished the current arena twice now. Used a few duel swords though. First I lost in round 4 due to an Eirika jumping around the map like nothing. Then I had 2 battle where I lost 3 units each, netting me a whopping 4k score. Then I tried again, still lost a few units, but I think only 3 or so over the whole arena thing. Current score is 4334, which is enough for now.

Wings of Mercy is such an underrated skill. Perfect for picking off units you can't one shot reliably, while usually providing extra cover too.

Ehh I started to wonder if I want to continue playing. This game has some really nice characters and artworks but the gameplay is getting tedious and I have a feeling there's nothing to achieve here.

Golnei

Also, favourite character art: Anna and Sharena of course have to get a mention here as a Kozaki enthusiast, and I just really like how it manages to ride the line between style and function while embodying a pretty clear visual motif.

As a whole, the original characters aren't bad, visually - Anna and Sharena do stand out most, but I quite like Veronica as well. It's a shame that Alfonse is such a bland design; as the "lead", he kind of sours the entire cast. Zach is pretty mediocre as well - he's only ever spoken of favourably when his costume is half-removed, which isn't exactly a resounding commendation of the complete ensemble.

It's also a shame that the characters that accompany those designs are complete non-entities...

To go back to the topic of adding support conversations and such to the game, fwiw, both of the mobile games I regularly play (that is, GBF and Idolm@ster Starlight Stage) offer for basically every character in the game at least three events associated with them that can pretty fairly be compared to support conversations in terms of amount of writing. Granblue even has quests tied to them to unlock character skills. A lot of this stuff is voiced too. Out of any demand to make out of IntSys, asking for more three conversations to unlock per character is not only not unreasonable, it has tons of precedent. And while I don't play FG/O, I'm pretty sure it has a lot of character-specific content to read too.

While asking for supports in the traditional FE sense of connecting various characters together is too much to ask for, I certainly think they could be doing a lot more to reward building up a character than the level 40 conversation. Which is nice but like... IntSys is not exactly going out of their way with those.

In the context of other games' efforts in similar areas, they definitely aren't doing all they could. Four-level, gameplay-affecting support conversations with 15+ partners per character would absolutely be an unrealistic expectation, but as I said earlier, around three single supports per character would barely be more work than the existing level 40 conversations. Especially since the story is so sparse, the lack of any character interaction outside of it (and the direction they've taken the paralogues in) is even more noticeable.

ggx2ac

Ehh I started to wonder if I want to continue playing. This game has some really nice characters and artworks but the gameplay is getting tedious and I have a feeling there's nothing to achieve here.

It's understandable.

It's been one month and they still haven't put in new story chapters. I'm starting to wonder if they are going to update the main story once a month.

OceanBlue

Sölf;231172651 said:
Finished the current arena twice now. Used a few duel swords though. First I lost in round 4 due to an Eirika jumping around the map like nothing. Then I had 2 battle where I lost 3 units each, netting me a whopping 4k score. Then I tried again, still lost a few units, but I think only 3 or so over the whole arena thing. Current score is 4334, which is enough for now.

I'm probably going to do a lot of arena matches tomorrow as well. Need to wait for the current arena quests to rotate.

Sölf;231172651 said:

Wait till new month starts. It will likele have new arena quests.

Sölf

I'm probably going to do a lot of arena matches tomorrow as well. Need to wait for the current arena quests to rotate.

Wait till new month starts. It will likele have new arena quests.

Well, I could still do ~20 matches for the 40 win lunatic quest. But I doubt I will do that. I finished the 20 wins for the 10 duel swords today, but I think I can wait one more week in the end for those 1k feathers.

Mupod

Imagine being stuck with 3* Narcian.

hi, that's me. Got 30,000 ranking with him last time, looks like I get to do it again. I finally found a 5* green too, although it's just Merric.

Narcian is actually quite useful even at 3* and I got him to 40 already. But between Robin and Olivia my stats are already pretty low (Lyn is my fourth). The question is do I raise up Sharena right now and use her in place of Olivia, or do I bet on Effie in the next banner. I badly lack a tanky and hard hitting character, but Sharena could partly fix those problems with her buffs.

I also badly need to replace this Lyn as her -atk is a huge downer. She hits like a wet noodle.

Anastasis

My -SPD +DEF Takumi seems like such a liability in arena. Any tips for playing him or should I switch him out for Olivia?

I guess I could try to use him to tank a bit more and bait the AI, especially flyers.

NawtKool

Neo Member
98a5obD.png

My best run yet!
Hey, almost hitting 4500 is huge for me
Decided to gamble a bit by playing Setsuna+Camilla over Nino/Olivia, but I can't argue results.
I know it probably won't hold up to be within top 10k, but I'm pretty happy about it.

So what are everyone's favorite character portraits added to Heroes?

I kind of like the sharply outlined style from AKIRA for the likes of chiseled Arthur and yes, Olivia. I see that HAKO appeals to me based on Felicia and Caeda. Don't know who did Kagero (not in roster) but that one was a hit the moment I saw her.

I don't like how Setsuna and Henry turned out, so seeing that those were done by the same individual was predictable. Mind, I like both characters in their games proper.

But I'd still rather this variety of approaches to keep things interesting.

I kind of like the sharply outlined style from AKIRA for the likes of chiseled Arthur and yes, Olivia. I see that HAKO appeals to me based on Felicia and Caeda. Don't know who did Kagero (not in roster) but that one was a hit the moment I saw her.

I don't like how Setsuna and Henry turned out, so seeing that those were done by the same individual was predictable. Mind, I like both characters in their games proper.

But I'd still rather this variety of approaches to keep things interesting.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Henry's design. Shame, because I quite liked it in Awakening.

WHERE IS HIS NOSE?!

Dragner

Ill quit in 2 weeks max if IS doesnt fo something with the game. Arena is unplayable for me because Im being paired constantly vs whale accounts. I can win flawless 7 matches, is impossible.

Also lack of content, nothing to do, nothing to grind. I will giveaway my accouny in 2 weeks if nothing changes. Is absurd I have to feel rage just because matchmaking of a game because is so unfair I feel frustrated. So yeah I will giveaway my account if nothing changes.

Also hacks rampaging the game wont help make me stay.

Ill stay until inheritance announcement, if its somehing for whales only then fuck this game.

kewlmyc

She does the boobs and butts pose, which is pretty pervy, but I honestly think it works in spite of that. Idk, I can't really put it into words, but I like it. As for Effie, I think her english VA is fantastic. The original Effie was pretty shallow, going for the standard "strong, quiet beauty" (which is reflected in her art). The english version completely throws that away, instead going for a bodybuilder gal who says ridiculously cheesy things and it contrasts heavily with her design. It's great.

It's super jarring though, to the point that I consider it a negative. I appreciate that they improved on what would have been a boring character in Fates, but here, its just weird having a body builder voice and personality coming out of what looks like a Disney princess in armor.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Pulled another 5* Marth, what's the idea here? Better to keep or merge?

If you need 2 5* reds keep em to work through the story/quests.

If not figure out which has the better stats and merge. Although I guess your firts one has loads of SP compared.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
The art is really all over the place, but some people really shine. I like Lucina and Chrom - their art looks super detailed and polished. Actually, most of the lords like Roy, Lyn, etc all look good. There was definitely extra effort put into these characters, and it shows.

The default cast of Anna, Alfonse and co. look good, as expected.

Most of the Birthright? characters look good too, like Hinoka, Sakura and Effie. I like the soft, rounded sort of style they have going with those characters. Good detail on them.

I like most of the pegasus knights, though imo the production values on their art are a little below the ones I listed. Palla is one of the better looking ones. Catria definitely feels a bit pervy but not thaaat bad I guess. I might be biased.

Some of the art is a miss though. I don't like the thick black lines + flat shaded colors of some of the characters, like Olivia, Raigh and that blonde axe guy. It looks super jarring after looking at the smooth gradients or careful shading of some of the other art styles.

Mupod

Gunter and Jeigan have badass art and VA. I wish they were more useful.

Also the conga line of Lucina defenses has already begun, had a 267 when I checked at like 5AM when I got up. Olivia/Robin ruining everybody's runs.

Akuun

Do you guys get a lot of successful defenses? I usually only get like 5 per season with Olivia/Nowi/Robin/Lucina.

I guess everyone is cutting through them or something.

Dragner

Do you guys get a lot of successful defenses? I usually only get like 5 per season with Olivia/Nowi/Robin/Lucina.

I guess everyone is cutting through them or something.

I get like 1 or 2. Because matchmaking and probably they are concede because I kill someone.

Chucker

If you need 2 5* reds keep em to work through the story/quests.

If not figure out which has the better stats and merge. Although I guess your firts one has loads of SP compared.

Yeah, I have. 5* Cain also, so that's 2 5* Reds.
Honestly the only thing I don't have a 5* in is Uncolored.
Have 2 5*s for everything else. Marth x2, Cain. Julia and Camilla. Peri and Olwen.

Only worthwhile 4* grays are Maria, Kagero, Niles, Clarine, Setsuna and Matthew.

Is there some sort of penalty or negative to leveling a character up with crystals instead of through fighting? I just leveled up a 5 star Tharja to level 10 using crystals and she only has like 56 SP, I feel like the characters I leveled up normally had well over 100 after lvl 10. I don't know if her stat upgrades were worse than expected as well.

I hope I didn't potentially screw up a 5 star character

Akuun

Sakura also has Physic!

So I took a look at the IVs of my ranged guys, and most of them are undesirable. Things like -atk on Jeorge, MRobin with -def, and so on.

Bleh. I'll wait for the next banner before trying to pull another ranged guy.

I just hope I don't fumble my screen and accidentally blow my 20k feathers on someone while viewing their rank up screen.

Is there some sort of penalty or negative to leveling a character up with crystals instead of through fighting? I just leveled up a 5 star Tharja to level 10 using crystals and she only has like 56 SP, I feel like the characters I leveled up normally had well over 100 after lvl 10. I don't know if her stat upgrades were worse than expected as well.

I hope I didn't potentially screw up a 5 star character

Nah, it's 100% the same, but if you battle you gain SP, which explains why your other characters have more.

BTW, you can continue to gain SP when you're at max Level. So you don't really need to worry about missing out on SP.

Sushen

Another 5 straight 3*. I can't believe some have so many 5* while rest of us get crops, and even worse, running out of orbs. I don't know how I'm supposed to beat those high level lunatic levels with my mediocre team.

Sakura also has Physic!

So I took a look at the IVs of my ranged guys, and most of them are undesirable. Things like -atk on Jeorge, MRobin with -def, and so on.

Bleh. I'll wait for the next banner before trying to pull another ranged guy.

I just hope I don't fumble my screen and accidentally blow my 20k feathers on someone while viewing their rank up screen.

The fact that banes and boons aren't shown for the character is ridiculous. I have no idea if my MRobin was "good" or not. I think he was +SPD, but I can't tell, because the system is idiotically opaque. I just wanted a 5* blue, and it's taken weeks to level this guy. If it weren't for the free 10k feathers, it would've been another month and a half.

Another 5 straight 3*. I can't believe some have so many 5* while rest of us get crops, and even worse, running out of orbs. I don't know how I'm supposed to beat those high level lunatic levels with my mediocre team.

Sorry to hear. I've been struggling on those levels with a full 5-star team, so I can't even imagine.

I think the sad truth is that you'll have to start over or fork out cash. The latter option might not even help since you could still get junk.

Meier

This is honestly not as bad as other gacha games. This is hardly the worst offender. If anything this game is super generous.

I have really only played FFRK in earnest outside of this and got a TON of 5* weapons in it. I think they (Nintendo) have been fairly generous with providing orbs, but the results from them have been horrible from my experience.

This game is fairly generous in terms of orbs, but the Stamina bar is baaaaad.

The other gacha game I played, Metal Slug Attack, probably had an hour or two worth of gameplay before you hit the "spend currency to continue" wall. And after that you could play PvP for as long as you wanted. Whereas here you can play, like, five missions at higher levels before Stamina runs out, and then do three Arena matches, and that's it.

98a5obD.png

My best run yet!
Hey, almost hitting 4500 is huge for me
Decided to gamble a bit by playing Setsuna+Camilla over Nino/Olivia, but I can't argue results.
I know it probably won't hold up to be within top 10k, but I'm pretty happy about it.

Actually, it looks like you have a very good chance of making the top 10k. I was ranked 8717 last season with 4472 Offense and 269 Defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom