• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxal

Maintenance in arena is for validating hack scores.

All the big ranking scoring gacha games have a mtn period just for that.

Dragner

Another arena run ruined by +10 Julia, +9 Ephraim, +9 Takumi, +8 Lucina. Its official, I cant do anything, cant play pve because nothing to do, cant play arena because all is whales or hackers with my arena rating. Tired of this.

Vena

I can only say I have seen images like this one floating around:

Keep in mind this doesn't inform in any way how quickly Nintendo takes care of it but I personally don't have much confidence in them judging by how they manage the rest of this app.

On an equally souring note, my 4* Nino just had to be +HP/-Spd. I hate natures.

I mean, absurd hacking scores will be caught by the first wave of sanity tests when the Arena closes and checks are run. It will then re-adjust remaining scores if any (such as that one, if real) are removed from the system for being obviously impossible.

The bigger issue comes in the real-time checks when hackers just have teams to fuck with people.

Another arena run ruined by +10 Julia, +9 Ephraim, +9 Takumi, +8 Lucina. Its official, I cant do anything, cant play pve because nothing to do, cant play arena because all is whales or hackers with my arena rating. Tired of this.

You must have a damn good team to be running into whales at that rate, I have never seen more than +3.

Draxal

I had to drop Tiki from my team in the second week as I was running into teams with plus six Marths and Lucinas.

Dropping score inflaters sucks, but sometimes you have to do it.

Vena

I mean, my team is garbage so its likely that my time in Arena is considerably less toxic than the higher echelon. I mean, I have:
5* Tiki-loli
4* Canon Robin
5* Frederick
4* Catria
And I generally end up in the 20k range with perfect streaks and I am not really seeing +X Marths or Lucinas all that much though I have seen a +3 or something Takumi.

Fishious

I've finally got enough feathers to upgrade some units and I'm looking for advice. I'm mainly trying to up my arena score. I'm currently using:

Abel 4* (+RES/-ATK)
Lucina 5* (+HP/-RES)
Olivia 3* (???)
Julia 5* (+DEF/-RES)

This team has been working pretty well for me despite the non five star characters, but of course it means even on a perfect advance run I've got a cap around 4,200. My first instinct was to raise Abel to 5* and Olivia to 4* which should up my cap a bit by raising their stats, but I'm starting to doubt Abel, despite his effectiveness due to being -ATK. Would any of the following be a better choice? I haven't raised most of the others enough to know their IVs yet.

Blue Units
Effie *4 (+SPD/-DEF)
Donnel *4 (???)
Jagen *4 (???)
Est *4 (???)
Sharena *3 (???)
FCorrin *3 (???)

Others
Eldigan *5 (Dunno. I'm not sure if the IV calculator is accurate)
Lachesis *5 (+ATK/-SPD)
Jakob *5 (+RES/-SPD)

I'd like to stick with a well rounded team so if not Abel, then another blue seems the way to go. Effie would probably be my next pick easy if her IVs weren't what's probably the worst combo. So, any advice?

Dragner

You must have a damn good team to be running into whales at that rate, I have never seen more than +3.

Hector, Sharena, Eirika and Linde all +0. I think is reasonable enough to not face hackers and whales all the time. I know hector has amazing stats by Im already paying the prize because limited movement I dont think I deserve to face also that teams.

I really hope they add in IV changers.

I don't see it happening any time soon, but I'd really love it if we could use a term other than IVs.

I mean, it's not even similar to Pokemon IVs, but Natures.

Even then, we already have terms for these in Fire Emblem, i.e Asset/Flaw and Boon/Bane.

But I guess Pokemon is huge and IV is easier to type. So I dunno.

Gotchaye

It's annoying that the fix for Arena is pretty easy, too. You just matchmake and do points based on total level instead of total stats. Higher rarities count as bonus levels -- 5*s are probably worth about 3 levels more than 4*s. Merge levels should probably count as more like 2/3 of a level.

Hazu

I really hope they raise the level cap and add harder levels in this game (and bigger maps as well).

I mean, I'm having a hard time enjoying the new paralogues maps if I can just auto battle with my main team in lunatic difficulty.

muu

Hector, Sharena, Eirika and Linde all +0. I think is reasonable enough to not face hackers and whales all the time. I know hector has amazing stats by Im already paying the prize because limited movement I dont think I deserve to face also that teams.

Complain and hope IS revamps matchmaking, I guess? Hacked or not as long as matchmaking is determined by stat total of your party you're going to match up with 40+x teams that have similar stat totals. I do find it amusing that a team like my Kagero + Olivia + 2 Lords has no problem dispatching anything w/ a little bit of effort isolating and the lords occasionally tanking a hit but won't ever run into whale teams due to low stat totals, while people like you trying to max arena scores are consistently being troubled by them.

It's annoying that the fix for Arena is pretty easy, too. You just matchmake and do points based on total level instead of total stats. Higher rarities count as bonus levels -- 5*s are probably worth about 3 levels more than 4*s. Merge levels should probably count as more like 2/3 of a level.

Each successful win should also make the next match more difficult. They could and should make the arena much more challenging, IMO.

Ninferno

That's pretty fucked up... but at least all of those were banner units so it kinda make it slightly more believable that it could be a legitimate whale?

Anyway, feel your pain but on the other hand it could also mean your team's really good, your ranking is really high (whether or not that's a factor in match making) so that you are matched up with that kind of team all the time? I don't know. The total stats dictation in scoring still sucks though.

Ninferno

I really love the voice acting for the Jugdral characters.

It's really nice to see old characters given life.

I like Seliph's VA quite a bit, and Eldigan's and Julia's work fine I guess. Lachesis' is not to my liking though, and her overly lolified portrait certainly doesn't help.

Ninferno

I think my Lucina is +speed -Res , is that good?

Also Lyn or Roy??

Quite usable. Lucina might not desperately need that extra speed, but it's still good to be sure to double most foes. -Res hurts her survivability hard so stay away from Linde and check twice before attacking Tiki and Nowi. Your Falchion is powerful, but not that powerful. Anyway, a Lucina is a Lucina and she's a top red.

On Lyn and Roy, when you have Lucina, you really do not need Lyn or Roy but if you must have one more red sword, I would say Roy because of his moderate tankiness. Whatever Lyn can do, Lucina does it better.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Am I crazy or are the final few story stages in Chapter 9 on Lunatic impossible? The armor guys are unkillable even by a mage with a favorable color matchup...

Kenai

Used most of my stones but pulled Sanaki. Don't even know if she's good, but idc. Love love love me some Tellius characters, finally.

champloo

Used most of my stones but pulled Sanaki. Don't even know if she's good, but idc. Love love love me some Tellius characters, finally.

She one shots Hectors and spreads +atk buff. Maybe not as good as Tharja as a red caster, but is still very strong imo. I pulled her as well, mine is -atk +spd lol

Is it worth it to make Hector 5 stars? Or should I hope to pull a 5 star green?

I'm set for blue and red. I have a 4-star Kargero I'm planning to promote.

Should I promote Hector to 5 star before Kagero at 4 star?

I need to get feathers.

Mupod

Is it worth it to make Hector 5 stars? Or should I hope to pull a 5 star green?

I'm set for blue and red. I have a 4-star Kargero I'm planning to promote.

Should I promote Hector to 5 star before Kagero at 4 star?

I need to get feathers.

considering that it's impossible to find Hector under 5 stars...what?

champloo

Just pulled 5* Caeda with HP 17, SPD 8, DEF 6 and RES 10. Is she good?

I had her on my alt account. She is a good buffer, team up with Sharena they provide buffs for all 4 stats. works well with Nino/Tharja I guess. Besides that she is pretty lacking unfortunately.. being a red sword doesn't help either.

Managed to get Sanaki earlier today. She makes for a great glass cannon and will nicely fill the red mage niche I previously lacked until now.

"KO Foes w/ Armored"

:/

I don't have an Armored unit. There's only 5 in the whole game. And the rest of the monthly quests are gated behind this task. This is dumb.

They need to change up the hero quest units and include an Armored unit. Or release the Zephiel Grand Hero Battle this month.

J-Tier

I just discovered the button to claim rewards in the quest window. How the heck did I never click on that? Got 10 free orbs out of it.

Roman

"KO Foes w/ Armored"

:/

I don't have an Armored unit. There's only 5 in the whole game. And the rest of the monthly quests are gated behind this task. This is dumb.

They need to change up the hero quest units and include an Armored unit. Or release the Zephiel Grand Hero Battle this month.

Roll only blue on the upcoming Nino banner for a comparatively high chance to get the best current non-Hector armor in the game. ;)

Roll only blue on the upcoming Nino banner for a comparatively high chance to get the best current non-Hector armor in the game. ;)
I don't want Effie, and I'm not planning on rolling on that banner at all.

This is frustrating. If they want to continue the "use insert unit type" quests, they should at least give away one of each type away for free via Hero Battles or whatever.

Roman

I don't want Effie, and I'm not planning on rolling on that banner at all.

This is frustrating. If they want to continue the "use insert unit type" quests, they should at least give away one of each type away for free via Hero Battles or whatever.

It's unfortunate no armor is included in the rotation (I had to use Subaki for the flier quest back then) but you do have a whole month for this.

It's unfortunate no armor is included in the rotation (I had to use Subaki for the flier quest back then) but you do have a whole month for this.
I'm hoping Zephiel is the next Grand Hero battle, or that Draug is added to the daily rotation.

I won't be spending any orbs until a new, post Effie banner goes live so that's gonna cut down opportunities for me, and I assume many others considering the scarcity of Armored units.

Roman

I'm hoping Zephiel is the next Grand Hero battle, or that Draug is added to the daily rotation.

I won't be spending any orbs until a new, post Effie banner goes live so that's gonna cut down opportunities for me, and I assume many others considering the scarcity of Armored units.

The next one is going to be Ursula. After that, maybe.

ggx2ac

These March quests suck. I did forget it probably unlocks the hard and Lunatic quests after but that's all? lol

I guess they wait until two weeks later to throw more quests in for the month.

Anyway, I just got my 5* (Klein, Takumi, Kagero) to level 40 so now I can try to think up a mean defense team.

This is Klein's stats by the way.

C50SogqXMAQwXKW.jpg

Edit: 149 rating... That is even lower than Kagero.

And it is attack up, HP down.

ggx2ac

Got 4552 offense points in arena. Only ranked 721.

Haha the bar still keeps getting higher.

Currently at Tier 5 - Lanceritter

kewlmyc

Got 4552 offense points in arena. Only ranked 721.

Haha the bar still keeps getting higher.

Currently at Tier 5 - Lanceritter
How the hell did you get that many points? Using a team full of bonus characters?

Also, I'm part of the problem, but damn, Azura on a team is scary. A Julia/Azura team just wiped my whole party. So that's what it feels like to face my Robin/Azura. :/

Is it normal that I can't play today?
I get a message that the contract of my Nintendo account was updated.

When I say next to accept it I only get a message with access denied

Roman

How the hell did you get that many points? Using a team full of bonus characters?

Also, I'm part of the problem, but damn, Azura on a team is scary. A Julia/Azura team just wiped my whole party. So that's what it feels like to face my Robin/Azura. :/

Using more than one bonus hero doesn't help. It's either 0 bonus heroes (score x 1) or 1+ bonus heroes (score x 2).

His high score is predicated on the fact that his heroes have high total base stats, which means he fights other heroes with high total base stats.

Feeling really good about my current Arena team of Frederick, Ryoma, Ephraim, and Takumi. They've lead me to my best score to date, in the 4,300s, and not a single dollar spent.

The only unit that really messes me up is Female Corrin. (Adult Tiki a bit too, but I very rarely encounter her.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom