• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got trolled again with a 3 star MRobin.

Got a 4 stars Olivia so yay I guess?

You guys are so lucky with your rolls

Well, considering that there are no more 5* Robin(M) at the moment, 3* isn't a bad pull. I upgraded mine all the way to 5* and he's paying out beautifully. Just a lot of feathers involved in the process haha.

Nista

Great, so I'm going to be stuck on the normal quests for most of March unless they introduce an armored character quest. I've rolled exactly 0 so far. Really poor PVE content design there.

Mupod

Four armored allies :|

There are only five in the game, obviously you can use dupes, but this is silly.

well, I only have two armored characters, but the reward is mostly meaningless and it'd be a fun challenge. Not opposed to this kind of thing as long as the important rewards are not gated behind character requirements. The single armored ally requirement to finish normal quests is more of a problem IMO.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Well, considering that there are no more 5* Robin(M) at the moment, 3* isn't a bad pull. I upgraded mine all the way to 5* and he's paying out beautifully. Just a lot of feathers involved in the process haha.

I think Robin is my next 5 star... maybe Nino.

StAidan

You must be in high BST tiers. I still see Takumi all the time.

I still see them daily, myself. I faced two level 40 Takumis simultaneously in the arena just this morning, lol. Had to sacrifice my Tharja on them to keep the rest of my team alive.

Mupod

I don't mind being in Takumi hell because my +spd/-res Robin eats em for lunch. But I'm not gonna be leaving until I drop Olivia and 3* Narcian. Latter's still pulling his weight somehow.

Quixzlizx

I think Robin is my next 5 star... maybe Nino.

Depending on their IVs, Nino is better than Robin in my opinion. She obliterates him in the head-to-head, and there aren't too many red mages in the meta right now (although that may change this week). She also has Hone Attack if you don't have an attack buffer in your party.

Edit: I also have my own Takumi, though. If you're facing a ton of archers, Robin could still be better.

Cerium

Depending on their IVs, Nino is better than Robin in my opinion. She obliterates him in the head-to-head, and there aren't too many red mages in the meta right now (although that may change this week). She also has Hone Attack if you don't have an attack buffer in your party.

I've seen the power of a buffed up Nino and I agree. Robin causes a lot of problems for anyone without a green, but you let Nino get a hit on you and it's goodnight.

Definitely going to pull for her on the upcoming banner.

kewlmyc

What other guy said earlier. You don't get more bonus points for having more than one bonus character.

The points you earn is determined by your team rating average, mine is only at 172.5 at the moment.

How do you find the team average rating, or did you do the math yourself?

Edit: I also have my own Takumi, though. If you're facing a ton of archers, Robin could still be better.

Imho any mage without insane speed is average at best - someone like Julia who is still glass canon can only one shot few selected enemies.
Meanwhile Linde/Tharja/Nino will double attack killing almost everything that isn't opposing element.

But seriously I can't belive they took arena quests away.

ggx2ac

Yesssssssss

C53m1xiWQAEVXFI.jpg

C53m4DvUoAAcQSU.jpg

But I don't have Reinhardt to compliment her Cavalry buff. I do have Eldigan for other cavalry units.

That is my 2nd Klein, going to check his nature to see whether I should merge him.

Edit: This Klein is HP Up, Speed down. I'll just merge him.

How do you find the team average rating, or did you do the math yourself?

Myself.

Sort your characters by rating like with rarity in the filter.

Add up the ratings of each character in your team, divide it by 4.

Xetherion

I don't mind being in Takumi hell because my +spd/-res Robin eats em for lunch. But I'm not gonna be leaving until I drop Olivia and 3* Narcian. Latter's still pulling his weight somehow.

Narcian is actually amazing at killing Lances thanks to Emerald Axe and Lance Breaker.

My main offense team is 4* Adult Tiki, 4* Kagero, and 4* Olivia, and non-infantry Blues were my biggest problem (other than multiple Takumi teams, fuck people who run those) until I realized what a baller Blue-killer Narcian is. I'm actually going to promote him eventually unless i pull a better Green at some point.

Gotta promote Kagero to 5* first though. At 4*, even with being +ATK -DEF and Hone ATK from Olivia, she can't quite 1-shot Lvl.40 Takumi unless it's -HP or DEF (and not + in the other).

I have to use Tiki to bait/counter those Takumis, but then she's left with like 8 HP.

Imho any mage without insane speed is average at best - someone like Julia who is still glass canon can only one shot few selected enemies.
Meanwhile Linde/Tharja/Nino will double attack killing almost everything that isn't opposing element.
Problem with that is that without any boosts on either side Julia can survive getting double shotted by Linde and Tharja and kill them when it's her turn :p
I feel people forget that while Julia is a 'glass cannon' in terms of physical damage she's the 2nd tankiest character in the game in terms of Res, only beat out by Felicia.

So GAF, assuming that skill trading works for all non-class-specific/character-specific skills/passives/supports.

What would be the best set up for Navarre? I know he's not the best red sword, but his art is too good, so I am OBLIGATED to use him.

I was thinking +Atk -Res would be best (although -anything that isn't Atk/Spd would be fine, I think).

Then, since he has a pretty low attack stat (even with Atk as his boon), Luna would be a good skill. He would proc it often with Desperation + Killing Edge.

I was wondering between Death Blow, Defiant Attack, and Life and Death for his A skill. I like Life and Death the most, but I'm not exactly sure how optimal that would be.

Desperation would probably be the best B skill, although Vantage could be useful, as well.

And the best C skill would probably be either Threaten Atk/Spd/Def.

Hm. In any case, I just want my perfect Scarlet Swordsman.

Okamid3n

Went back to playing Fates' dlc story since feheroes doesn't want me to play it (no armor knight).

It's so weird to have big maps and movement again!

ggx2ac

I like Olwen but oh man, I hope she doesn't have attack down because her attack is low.

I checked tier lists and she has 148 rating at level 40, just one point less than Klein.

I could definitely make her better with skill inheritance using glacies or iceberg with vantage.

Plus her Reposition skill is good for slow moving units.

Portrait shot:

While on the other hand, I am leveling up Eldigan and he is going to be insanely strong thanks to Fury. According to tier lists he will have 182 rating, that's 4 points higher than Seliph.

explodet

Went back to playing Fates' dlc story since feheroes doesn't want me to play it (no armor knight).

It's so weird to have big maps and movement again!
I'm playing Path of Radiance to show someone all the characters that may come along for the ride when Ike eventually hits.

Man, what a bunch of thickies the Greil Mercs are sometimes.

ggx2ac

Oh damn it. My Olwen is attack down, Res up.

That explains why she can barely kill anything.

What a pain...

Edit: But my Eldigan will have Def Up, Res down which gives 40 Def at level 40.

He will be tankier than Seliph which is nuts.

Ward Cavalry from Olwen would boost it further by +4 when he is in combat.

champloo

Oh damn it. My Olwen is attack down, Res up.

That explains why she can barely kill anything.

What a pain...

Edit: But my Eldigan will have Def Up, Res down which gives 40 Def at level 40.

He will be tankier than Seliph which is nuts.

Ward Cavalry from Olwen would boost it further by +4 when he is in combat.

It seems Reinhardt is more aggressive and Olwen leaning towards more supportive.. I don't know where does 148 total come from, but feheroes.wiki has her at 154.

kewlmyc

Weird, I'm being prompted to download a 429.8 MB file. I wonder if my phone deleted and redownloaded the app at some point. It only has 79 MB space taken up on my phone right now.

ggx2ac

Weird, I'm being prompted to download a 429.8 MB file. I wonder if my phone deleted and redownloaded the app at some point. It only has 79 MB space taken up on my phone right now.

It's apparently a problem with iOS phones when they have low storage space remaining.

I don't know the whole details, I don't own an iPhone.

Toezilla

Neo Member
WOOT! Finally got my first perfect run! I almost got whaled on the final match, too. My heart sunk when i realized that I was up against Takumi +1, Young Tiki +2, Hector and Cordelia. I'm not ashamed to admit that my hands were sweating a bit as I closed it out.

Toezilla said:

Couldn't quite crack 4500 though due to Kagero and Cecelia having low stats :(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It's a bit dumb, but I'm training up 3 of my Gwendolyns at once. I just have Roy shoving them around to get them to the enemies faster (And to mop up any green units). Can't wait till I can get Drag Back on all of them.

Problem with that is that without any boosts on either side Julia can survive getting double shotted by Linde and Tharja and kill them when it's her turn :p
I feel people forget that while Julia is a 'glass cannon' in terms of physical damage she's the 2nd tankiest character in the game in terms of Res, only beat out by Felicia.

Which is not so important against AI because you can kill her with other team members and since she doesn't one shot things she usually ends in position where she is vulnerable to counter attack.

Translated interview with the developers about the game:

https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2017...-interview-nintendo-dream-vol-276-translated/

Main points...

-Content is already planned out through the end of the year. (The first batch of main story chapters is "Season One".)
-Paralogues every other week or so.
-More original characters are coming.
-Tokyo Mirage Sessions characters are not being considered for inclusion at this time.
-They want to include character from across the entire series initially, instead of focusing on certain games.
-Poll Results: Lyn is popular across the board, Ike is more popular in the West, while Lucina is more popular in Japan.
-Poll Surprises: Lyn's overall popularity, Awakening Tiki over original Tiki, Marth's "low" placement, Donnel's rank, which they still don't understand.
-Outside events with things like Cipher are being considered, but it seems no definite plans at the moment.

I have a +HP/-Spd one and I'm honestly considering rolling just for green on her banner. This is probably literally the worst nature for her. I still hate natures.

Yea I am hoarding for the next banner. Then I am going to go in, and get a bunch of 3*. I'd be ok with getting a 5*effie as well though.

Azuran

Banned
And, for whatever reason, Donnel had a ton of votes from the USA as well –for reasons we are still unsure of.

And here I was thinking the US couldn't become even more of a laughing stock these days.

Americans shouldn't be allowed to vote for anything anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom