• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

Thanks guys, did as you said, and saw my Nino is -SPD +DEF =/

Probably not going to evolve her. My Fae is +SPD -RES, seems a waste since she's not exactly a speedy character anyways.

Guess I'll just hold the feathers.

Mupod

every time anybody else posts a picture of their roster I die a little more inside. Either I'm the unluckiest person alive or everyone else is secretly blowing thousands on the game.

So my MRobin is -def, which means he gets oneshotted trying to fight Takumi.

RIP

that can't be right. Mine only takes around 8 damage and he's normal defense. You sure you have his upgraded weapon for color advantage? There's ways around it as well, like maybe run someone with a defense buff. For example with +spd Robin I can double some Takumis if I position Lyn next to Robin.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Well, he's a 4* Robin vs a 5* Takumi. That probably made a big difference. Takumi just double attacked him.

redcrayon

every time anybody else posts a picture of their roster I die a little more inside. Either I'm the unluckiest person alive or everyone else is secretly blowing thousands on the game.

that can't be right. Mine only takes around 8 damage and he's normal defense. You sure you have his upgraded weapon for color advantage? There's ways around it as well, like maybe run someone with a defense buff. For example with +spd Robin I can double some Takumis if I position Lyn next to Robin.
I've been playing from launch without paying, and still only have three 5* characters. One of those I upgraded myself and another I barely use.

What I do have is about 15 level 40 4* characters, who are strong enough to help with the missions for hunting level 40 enemies. I feel like my roster is pretty rounded now even if I don't have a strong arena team, I'm still getting 2,000+ feathers a week from the arena so I'll get there in the end!

I'm quite enjoying chipping away at it levelling up teams of weaker characters, it's also got me back into FE Fates: Revelations. The maps feel wide open now, and without so much pressure on team building. Quite refreshing really, although the streetpass stuff is dead now here.

muu

Gacha games thrive on the salt generated by observing the few that get lucky pulls. Don't worry, you're far from the only one that doesn't have a vast army of 5*s to choose from.

Mupod

I've been playing from launch without paying, and still only have three 5* characters. One of those I upgraded myself and another I barely use.

What I do have is about 15 level 40 4* characters, who are strong enough to help with the missions for hunting level 40 enemies. I feel like my roster is pretty rounded now even if I don't have a strong arena team, I'm still getting 2,000+ feathers a week from the arena so I'll get there in the end!

I'm quite enjoying chipping away at it levelling up teams of weaker characters, it's also got me back into FE Fates: Revelations. The maps feel wide open now, and without so much pressure on team building. Quite refreshing really, although the streetpass stuff is dead now here.

I'm in a similar situation, although I've put a bit of money in and I have 3 5*. I'm about to get Stahl and Abel up to 40 to add to my army. I've been focusing on things that aren't necessarily top tier arena material but have defined roles that could make the difference in a tough map.

This game got me in a FE mood so I went back to Fates too, I got 75% through Birthright when the game was new and dropped it even though I had the SE with all paths. I'm halfway through Conquest now and it's so much better. I need based Benny in this game now.

Sushen

How's 4* Nowi -sp +def? Should I bother leveling her up? I've got movies for Marth and Robin for 3* and 4*. The game trolls me...

lt519

Ugh, capping out at 4200 with my Level 31 Odin on my team ):

I haven't lost an Advanced match in forever with Robin, Odin, Nino, and Roy but Odin is weighing me down and I typically finish with 2 or 3 deaths in 7 matches total. I'm not sure I'd ever lose anyone if I had Hinoka in there. I had a nice run last time with only one death going into the last round and ran into a Camilla, Linde, Azura, and Lucina team. Survived with only Nino and 1 HP when Linde snuck in due to a sing and took out Roy and then I had no defense against Camilla and she promptly took out Odin and then Robin while Nino cleaned up.

TakeYourHeart

Neo Member
Odin definitely brings the team down, and I think this is going to be a trend with Arenas from now on. I personally just try to settle for a minimum of 3001 in Offense now (whereas I did strive for rank before). The win streak format annoys me beyond measure that I have to do this to avoid dropping this game.

Sushen

So my main team is Linde, Lucina, Camilia, and Takumi all 5 star. Linde is my best weapon. What type and weapon should I focus my feathers on?
How do you have so many great 5* units? Marth is only worthy 5* I have with the rest are B tiers, which frustrates me.

evangd007

Saving up 120 orbs after I cashed in my streakbreak on the devotion banner, I said that I'd pull on the new banner until I got a 5*. On my first 5 pull I got one. Maria. How disappointing. I rage pulled another 5. Another 5*! Eldigan!

Cerium

I have 184 orbs saved up. Is this banner worth a shot at one of the units?

Also what units are considered an armored ally?

It's early but I can picture some use for at least Sanaki. The banner next week has some proven high tier units in Nino and Effie though.

Armored units are the ones who have slow single space movement. If you tap their portrait you'll see a red armor helmet icon next to their level.

Miracle

It's early but I can picture some use for at least Sanaki. The banner next week has some proven high tier units in Nino and Effie though.

Armored units are the ones who have slow single space movement. If you tap their portrait you'll see a red armor helmet icon next to their level.

I got something to look forward too next week then. :D

Gotcha. Which means i have zero armored people. :(

lupin23rd

How accurate is that IV calculator?

I have two 4* Cecilia units and I'm thinking of promoting one of them, however when I plug the numbers for their level 1 stats at 5* they both seem to have one high stat and two low and medium stats. Is that possible?

Ninferno

How accurate is that IV calculator?

I have two 4* Cecilia units and I'm thinking of promoting one of them, however when I plug the numbers for their level 1 stats at 5* they both seem to have one high stat and two low and medium stats. Is that possible?

For launch characters like Cecilia, they should be pretty accurate already since there are abundance of data. Have you taken into account the weapon upgrade?

lupin23rd

For launch characters like Cecilia, they should be pretty accurate already since there are abundance of data. Have you taken into account the weapon upgrade?

Both of my units have 17 ATK. and the first calculator I came across said 17 was low. I guess with this one you don't need to subtract anything? (https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/fire-emblem-heroes-iv-calculator)

However just found another calculator that says a value of 8 is average, and then mentions to subtract the weapon and any stat attribute changes, so if I subtract the currently equipped weapon (7 Mt) and the ATK+2 attribute she has, that adds up to 17. So 17 would be average? (http://feheroes.wiki/Stats_Calculator)

alcheim

Does the nature of a hero from 4 transfer to 5? So a Robin +HP/-Def will be the same if I feather him?

I wish there was a way to change the nature of a hero without having to summon them again. Maybe add in a promote option that lets you pick the IV after you've reached level 40.

toneroni

Ugh was hunting armored units and got 2 garbage 5 pulls on a row. Only 5* I got was Camilla which I already had...
Gonna save up for next banner I guess!

Ninferno

Cool. More freebies are always welcome:) Here's hoping lucky players who manage to get their hands on the Switch do not ditch FE:H immediately:)

Dragner

Freebie swords mean jack shit if my run is destroyed by a cheater with a +10 cherche, +10 shanna +10 Caeda and a +10 elise. Tired of this.

Ninferno

This Voting Gauntlet thingy sounds like it could be fun. Let's hope they step up their currently non-existent security measures, add in data validation or something in this 1.1 update so that we can have some genuine voting battles in this seemingly fun grand event.

GenG3000

Advice for upgrading to 5 stars? My best 4* characters right now are Robin, Jeorge and Anna. Rest of the team is Lucina and Cordelia.

champloo

Advice for upgrading to 5 stars? My best 4* characters right now are Robin, Jeorge and Anna. Rest of the team is Lucina and Cordelia.

I'll suggest holding on to those feathers until we know how the Skill Inheritance system work. Depends on how they implement it, the system could possibly make more units viable.

Roman

This voting thing sounds fun but what's stopping people from just joining Lucina and winning? Clearly there are five subpar to bad choices here (anyone who isn't her or one of the Sacred Stones siblings).

Ninferno

This voting thing sounds fun but what's stopping people from just joining Lucina and winning? Clearly there are five subpar to bad choices here (anyone who isn't her or one of the Sacred Stones siblings).

The fact that many people (like the unfortunate me) do not have Lucina? You will enjoy a boost in "Voting Power" if the you leader unit (the unit you bring into the battle) is the same as the prince/princess you are joining.

Also, your rank in the "army" you joined matters for rewards. If one thinks Lucina will be popular, that might mean the competition for internal rank is fierce so that there's an incentive to join other armies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom