• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azusa

from reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/5x3eva/bans_have_started_to_roll_out/ said:
Hackers are reporting that some of them have received punishment via some sort of shadow ban preventing them from adding friends.

v2O4Bo0.jpg

Toezilla

Neo Member
Has anyone tested out Gordon at 5*s? I'm seriously contemplating upgrading him, but don't want to waste the feathers if he's going to suck... His kit seems decent enough on paper.

My other considerations are Camilla, Nino, or Effie, but I'm hesitant on Nino and Effie because I already have 5* Cecilia and 4 other 5* blues.

Roman

The fact that many people (like the unfortunate me) do not have Lucina? You will enjoy a boost in "Voting Power" if the you leader unit (the unit you bring into the battle) is the same as the prince/princess you are joining.

It doesn't say how substantial that boost is. I don't have any of these heroes except for the starters so I'm going to join the Lucina team regardless and put someone green in front to support them.

Ninferno

You will be joined with one of your friend's leader in those voting gauntlet battles, which should mean that "friends" are required for the event? It seems likely that all events in the future will require "community functionality".

Sölf

So, for the Event, I will be either #TeamChrom #TeamElise #Team Sharena or #Team Ephraim. Of those, I don't have Chrom. Since we still know nearly nothing about Sharena, it will probably be Ephraim or Elise. Elise has Twintails, so that's a bonus.

Aside from that, I currently have 17,5k feathers thanks to the gifted ones. So after the Arena (unless I don't get a successfull defense) I could upgrade a character. Not completely sure which one, even though Nino may be the hottest contender. Possible characters to choose from:

- Camilla
- Nino
- Kagero
- FCorrin
- Sharena

Current 5* are:

Ephraim, Julia, Young Tiki, Lucina, Lyn, Elise and Seliph.

Any suggestions? I would prefer Nino, since I am using her in the arena, but since I pulled Julia yesterday I do have a 5* mage (and also a green one) now.

Cerium

Sölf;231400727 said:
- Nino
- Kagero
- FCorrin
- Sharena

Current 5* are:

Ephraim, Julia, Young Tiki, Lucina, Lyn, Elise and Seliph.

Any suggestions? I would prefer Nino, since I am using her in the arena, but since I pulled Julia yesterday I do have a 5* mage (and also a green one) now.
Hmmm...

It looks to me that the one thing you don't already have at 5* is a good colorless. Elise is not really what you want to be using. Kagero is top tier and really useful. Maybe go with

Kagero, Ephraim, Julia, Lucina.

Sölf

Hmmm...

It looks to me that the one thing you don't already have at 5* is a good colorless. Elise is not really what you want to be using. Kagero is top tier and really useful. Maybe go with

Kagero, Ephraim, Julia, Lucina.

My current Arena team is Young Tiki, Elise, Ephraim, Nino. That mostly works, but yeah, one heal is often not enough from Elise.

I also don't have any good flying unit, which is why Camilla may also be a good choice.

Cerium

Sölf;231400965 said:
My current Arena team is Young Tiki, Elise, Ephraim, Nino. That mostly works, but yeah, one heal is often not enough from Elise.

I also don't have any good flying unit, which is why Camilla may also be a good choice.

Camilla is not worth it. She's weak to too many things that are too prevalent in the meta right now.

Still trying for a Sanaki...

I get a 4* Olivia and a 5* Chrom

GAME STOP DENYING ME OF MY SANAKI!

edit: A -res/+spd Chrom... and I just learned that my 5* Julia is a -HP/+Def

Azusa

I'm very close to 20k feathers and dont know who to rankup.

Possible heroes:
tharja atk+ res-
robin def+ spd-
lilina hp+ spd-
chrom spd+ def-
nino is atk+ def-
lon'qu spd+ def-

I have 5star Sharena, Julia, Takumi, Camilla, Leo and Lachesis.

Mupod

I'm very close to 20k feathers and dont know who to rankup.

Possible heroes:
tharja atk+ res-
robin def+ spd-
lilina hp+ spd-
chrom spd+ def-
nino is atk+ def-
lon'qu spd+ def-

I have 5star Sharena, Julia, Takumi, Camilla, Leo and Lachesis.

Tharja seems like the no-brainer there since you have Sharena (her weapon gets stronger with buffs) and need a good red.

redcrayon

Tharja seems like the no-brainer there since you have Sharena (her weapon gets stronger with buffs) and need a good red.
Tharja was my first thought too. Lon'qu with+speed could be a monster but I don't know, there's lots of good red swords out there.

Mupod

Just skimming the event rules I hope the bonus you get from having the same unit as the army you joined is not significant in terms of gaining rewards. I don't have any of the units featured (except Sharena of course) despite dropping 200 orbs into Legendary Heroes when it was out.

Azusa

I keep in my your suggestion and will consider to rankup Tharja. I need to wait for a few days until this arena season is over to get the last feathers.

Also there is a more detailed post on reddit what friend banned means:
Details about what being "friend banned" results in:
  • If you had any friends on your friend list before being friend banned, all those friends are removed from your friend list.
  • No matter how much arena points you have, you remain "unranked" and will therefore not receive any arena ranking rewards.
  • If you are friend banned, you cannot add any new friends as well.
  • Due to being "friend banned" and therefore not having any friends, you cannot participate in events that require friends, like the new event.

So I was reading this event and - if the last member of the team is going to be randomely drawn from our barracks it's going to suck - since it's much more likely it will be one of 3-4* fodders instead of one of our trained ones.

Now there's still some time so we could get 4* to lvl 40 but I've got stuff like 2* Olivias etc :(

Azusa

Is it?

Someone else from the same army

What is the army? They never called your heroes in inventory an army. And the 4 man party we are using in every mode is a 'team'.

Once you've joined one Hero's army, you won't be able to change to another one unless the army you joined loses
Also, you'll get a voting boost if your leader is the same character as the Hero whose army you joined.

Could it be that the 3rd character is a random leader from another player in the same army?

Ninferno

What I understand from the event description is, each time your event battle team will consist of:
Your leader (the first unit of your first team aka the defense team).
One of your "friend"'s leader.
One of your "army" comrade(aka those guys who choose to join the same camp as you)'s leader.

I think those random characters are other people's leaders, not just some random 2* lv1 characters, unless their owners purposely do so.

Mupod

I wonder if the fact that everybody has a Sharena will matter against the Lucina zerg. Lucina is easily the most common character I see in Arena not to mention just how stupidly popular she is.

I was gonna get Sharena up to 5 anyways so I might as well get that done. My friend's been talking up his Lucina since day 1 so recruiting her should be fun.

Also if you get bonuses depending on the lead unit matching the character, and it only picks the lead units from friends/army allies, won't characters with a weapon disadvantage get destroyed? I know you could just run one character and then say switch out Lucina for Hector when you aren't playing, but most players won't do that.

StAidan

Well, I used the Switch feathers to finally get my first 5* promotion, Tharja. Unfortunately that means she's level 26 now instead of 40, lol. Used all my available shards/crystals, so I guess I'll have to grind the rest.

Mupod

After re-reading the poorly worded and vague description of the event it seems like you won't be able to pick your team composition at all, and it will just draw from the lead units in your character's army and your friends list. Looks like I'll be culling the people who haven't logged in for a while. Should be more fun to have GAF and my own friends than random folks anyways.

Wow they cant add friends. Sure hackers will learn the lesson now xD.

I believe it also locks them out of arena rankings.

I wonder if the fact that everybody has a Sharena will matter against the Lucina zerg. Lucina is easily the most common character I see in Arena not to mention just how stupidly popular she is.

I was gonna get Sharena up to 5 anyways so I might as well get that done. My friend's been talking up his Lucina since day 1 so recruiting her should be fun.

Also if you get bonuses depending on the lead unit matching the character, and it only picks the lead units from friends/army allies, won't characters with a weapon disadvantage get destroyed? I know you could just run one character and then say switch out Lucina for Hector when you aren't playing, but most players won't do that.

I'm gonna assume the game will try to select appropriate opponents to compensate so that you don't end up fighting against team of 5* Lv. 40 Sharenas with a team of 2* Lv. 1 Alfonses, though I figure this may affect how many points you can earn much like the arena.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
So I now have 20K feathers. Suggestions on which of these characters to upgrade to 5*?

Currently my team is:
5* Takumi (+ATK, -RES)
4* Olivia (+ATK, -RES)
4* Abel / 4* Sharena (both are neutral)
4* Gunter (-HP, +RES) / 4* Cecilia (+ATK, -DEF)

I also have these characters as 4*
Anna
Marth (+HP, -DEF)
that I was thinking of potentially upgrading.

I was thinking Sharena, Anna, Marth or Abel. Thoughts?

Dragner

So I now have 20K feathers. Suggestions on which of these characters to upgrade to 5*?

Currently my team is:
5* Takumi (+ATK, -RES)
4* Olivia (+ATK, -RES)
4* Abel / 4* Sharena (both are neutral)
4* Gunter (-HP, +RES) / 4* Cecilia (+ATK, -DEF)

I also have these characters as 4*
Anna
Marth (+HP, -DEF)
that I was thinking of potentially upgrading.

I was thinking Sharena, Anna, Marth or Abel. Thoughts?

Sharena is the better option. She is a great spear with amazing skillset and stats.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I find that mass-ranged teams really fuck me up in Arena. Those tight maps like the stupid lava or the two bridges maps also really mess with my melee-heavy team, and even 1-2 ranged people are trouble there because I can't oneshot them.

I ran into Young Tiki + Linde + Takumi + MRobin on a forest map. I got fucking wrecked.

I can't wait for the new banner. My ranged options are so limited. I did a lot of blue/grey only pulls in my attempts to get Linde or MRobin, and now I have three 4* Effies that I don't know what to do with.

I have no prince or princess outside of Aflonse and Sharena who are still 3* units for me so I guess I can't really partake in this event without getting lucky.

redcrayon

I find that mass-ranged teams really fuck me up in Arena. Those tight maps like the stupid lava or the two bridges maps also really mess with my melee-heavy team, and even 1-2 ranged people are trouble there because I can't oneshot them.

I ran into Young Tiki + Linde + Takumi + MRobin on a forest map. I got fucking wrecked.

I can't wait for the new banner. My ranged options are so limited. I did a lot of blue/grey only pulls in my attempts to get Linde or MRobin, and now I have three 4* Effies that I don't know what to do with.
The only archer I've got is a 2* Virion from the special maps, while my various flyers seem to have to dodge Takumi, Jeorge, Setsuna, Gordin and the others all over the place.

I've put together a nice little stockpile of 80 orbs now though, just waiting on a new banner too. I'm surprised they only have one up at the moment, you'd think that they'd rather offer more ways to spend orbs than have people hoard them.

redcrayon

I have no prince or princess outside of Aflonse and Sharena who are still 3* units for me so I guess I can't really partake in this event without getting lucky.
You can still take part, you just miss out on a bonus for fielding one of the 8 listed characters, don't you?

Maybe it's because I'm not a top tier team but I don't see Lucina that much, I see far more Marth/Roy and shedloads of Takumi. Quite a few Ephraim at the moment. Also the dragons, but I think that's because I struggle to tell some of them apart and perhaps I notice them more due to Falchion flagging them up for me!

Mupod

well, you don't need those units to play in the event. You apparently just get bonus votes if you use, say, Lucina while supporting her army in the event. The question is if this will affect the rewards similarly to bonus units in the arena. In which case yeah, anyone who doesn't own a Lucina is probably going to get fucked over.

Mupod

Sharena or Effie (+Atk/-spd) to 5*?

My other 5* are Roy, MRobin, and Camilla. Crossing my fingers I can pull Nino to replace Camilla.

that's a godlike Effie, I'd love for one like that. One of the only characters that -spd works on due to Wary Fighter and her attack is already insane.

sense

Have the option to upgrade one 4* unit to 5*. Any suggestions? Need a good green unit since Camilla is pretty weak

Raven
Hawkeye
Cecilia
Fae

Have 5* young tiki, takumi, Camilla, nowi, ephraim, catria so far

Have the option to upgrade one 4* unit to 5*. Any suggestions? Need a good green unit since Camilla is pretty weak

Raven
Hawkeye
Cecilia
Fae

I second this. I've been trying to get Hector but he's eluded me so far. Need a strong green unit to replace with Camilia, who feels very situational. I'm trying to stay away from tome because Linde is the staple of my current team.

Raven
Hawkeye
Cecilia
Fae

I second this. I've been trying to get Hector but he's eluded me so far. Need a strong green unit to replace with Camilia, who feels very situational. I'm trying to stay away from tome because Linde is the staple of my current team.

None of those really seem that much better than Camilla, who at least can ignore terrain. Hoard your orbs and go for broke on green during the Nino banner, that's what I am doing to replace mine.

Alright, so I have enough feathers to upgrade one 4* Unit and three 3* units. Here's who I got for potential candidates.

4* to 5*

Cordelia (+HP -Def)
Frederick (+Att -Res)
Nino (+Att -HP)
Female Corrin (+Att -HP)
Anna (Neutral)

There are several other 4* units that I have over level 30 such as Oboro, Serra, Eliwood and Laslow but I don't want to promote them.

And for 3* to 4*

Narcian (neutral)
Female Robin (Also neutral)
Olivia (+HP -Def)
Shanna (+res -HP, I think)
Jagen (+Res -Def)
Florina (The unfortunate +res -Att)
Niles (+speed -Res)

These are the 3* units I have that are currently over level 20 that I'm considering promoting. There are a few more 3* units under level 20 ATM that could also be promoted (Sharena Alfonse and Setsuna are currently the closest 3* to level 20)

Any suggestions of who to promote are welcome.

Akuun

Olivia at 4* might be good because she gets her +4 atk buff at 4*. She's not going to be tanking anything anyway, so maybe the -def isn't such a big deal.

Olivia at 4* might be good because she gets her +4 atk buff at 4*. She's not going to be tanking anything anyway, so maybe the -def isn't such a big deal.

And the best part is that you don't really have to upgrade her past 4* since the only thing you get is more Atk on her weapon.

Akuun

Just pulled Lachesis, my first 5* healer. She any good and worth using? Psychic seems weak only healing 8HP.
Physic is kind of situational because it's the only 2 range heal. Makes it good for people who are diving in or are deep into chokes, but otherwise it's not so good.

Might also be useful for positions where you want people with buffs standing next to someone in particular.

Did another full pull. Got Three 5 Stars my luckiest pull yet. I got the brother/sister combo of Reinhardt and Olwen, with Ogma as my third. I also pulled an Eliwood but he was just 3 stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom