• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's a godlike Effie, I'd love for one like that. One of the only characters that -spd works on due to Wary Fighter and her attack is already insane.

Yea that was the way I was leaning. She hits like a truck and Roy can push her around for a little extra mobility, and she can launch others to close the distance on magic users.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Did a single 20 pull on one of my alts and got a 5* Lilina (this account already has a 5* Lucina (-ATK, +DEF tho...) and 5* Marth) and a 4* Robin.

Lilina is -SPD, +HP (is that a total non-starter?) and Robin is -ATK, +DEF (the def isn't bad, but that attack though... also a non-starter?)

Mupod

Sharena is kind of a double-edged sword because there's currently no way to merge her.

this keeps nagging at me then I realize that in like 300 orbs I've only found 3 5* units and I'm being silly.

If we're talking extreme long term then yeah it'd be nice for them to let us get dupes to dump millions of feathers on one day.

kswiston

How much does +10 provide?

+4 to each stack. However, how are you supposed to get 11 of the same character without spending hundreds to thousands of dollars on the game?

I have received a single double 5-star (Hawkeye...) and a few double 4-stars. 4-stars require 20k feathers to promote, so that is less feasible than just rolling 5-star doubles.

Skii

Is there any viable way to get feathers? I'm stuck at 17k and I have an Eireka, Robin, Catria and Cordelia to upgrade... It's just not possible to do it.

lt519

Physic is kind of situational because it's the only 2 range heal. Makes it good for people who are diving in or are deep into chokes, but otherwise it's not so good.

Might also be useful for positions where you want people with buffs standing next to someone in particular.

Worth using Mend instead and the bonus that gives +10hp on a heal? Haven't used a healer yet and I'm intrigued by some of the possibilities in the Arena after winning like 50 straight Advanced matches with a Level 31 Odin just sitting in the corner.

Mupod

Is there any viable way to get feathers? I'm stuck at 17k and I have an Eireka, Robin, Catria and Cordelia to upgrade... It's just not possible to do it.

2543595-0836186284-Jeff..gif

Skii

1.6k for 3001 offense score or above, 500 for even one decent defense and another 1000 for just ranking in the top 50.000. That's over 3000 per week without much effort.

I barely get more than 1k score. How do I get higher? I dont really know the arena meta but justifying getting so little feathers with needing to know an arena meta is absolutely terrible game design.

Mupod

I barely get more than 1k score. How do I get higher? I dont really know the arena meta but justifying getting so little feathers with needing to know an arena meta is absolutely terrible game design.

3000 is easy. You NEED to bring a bonus unit as they double your score - if you don't have one or missed Narcian, you're shit out of luck until the next set of bonus units.

But you can get 3000 without even doing Advanced or using 5* units. I got around 4200 with a 3* Narcian and a 4* Olivia on my team.

General rules for getting higher are to use teams with the highest stat total you can (you can sort your allies by rating on the edit team page) and making sure as few people as possible die during the 7 battles. And of course win 7 in a row.

Skii

3000 is easy. You NEED to bring a bonus unit as they double your score - if you don't have one or missed Narcian, you're shit out of luck until the next set of bonus units.

But you can get 3000 without even doing Advanced or using 5* units. I got around 4200 with a 3* Narcian and a 4* Olivia on my team.

General rules for getting higher are to use teams with the highest stat total you can (you can sort your allies by rating on the edit team page) and making sure as few people as possible die during the 7 battles. And of course win 7 in a row.

So the arena is based on your best 7 battles?

It's great I can come to gaf and you can tell me this but it's really poor design for casual players who won't know this stuff. They'll never upgrade a 4 star lol.

Xetherion

First off, make sure you always include one of the season's bonus heroes on your team, doing so doubles your points.

Next, do Advanced matches if you can, as they award the most points.

Third, try not to let any of your units die during a match, as you get less points for every unit that dies even if you win the match.

There's been a lot of threads on reddit about arena if you want to look deeper into arena strategy. A big part of it is knowing how the predictable AI works and baiting it into doing what you want.

Also level your Arena team to Lvl. 40 to increase their stats as higher stats = higher score (yes this is dumb, we all agree and hope the devs change it soon).

Edit: Another tip i forgot to add. If you're struggling to win Advanced matches you can put a Lvl. 1 unit on your team. This lowers your team's stat rating and matches you with weaker opponents. This will lower the possible points you can get, but makes it easy to get 7-win streaks if you're struggling.

Wichu

It's great I can come to gaf and you can tell me this but it's really poor design for casual players who won't know this stuff. They'll never upgrade a 4 star lol.

I thought it was fairly self-explanatory - if you win multiple battles in a row you get a chain bonus, which just happens to be the total score of your previous battles in the chain.

You can get high scores even without 5*s if you use the featured heroes.

Roman

It has to be seven in a row, which accumulates the shown chain bonus.

If you need any further help there's reddit and multiple discord servers dedicated to arena meta discussion, including reddit's, FE Heroes Wiki's and GAF's own.

Did another full pull. Got Three 5 Stars my luckiest pull yet. I got the brother/sister combo of Reinhardt and Olwen, with Ogma as my third. I also pulled an Eliwood but he was just 3 stars.

This banner has absolutely killed my pulls. Didn't get a single good one and lots of lower star dups.

Tempted to just wait for the next one now.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Worth using Mend instead and the bonus that gives +10hp on a heal? Haven't used a healer yet and I'm intrigued by some of the possibilities in the Arena after winning like 50 straight Advanced matches with a Level 31 Odin just sitting in the corner.
I'd probably just go with Mend. Physic's range is useful, but too situational imo. It's also counterproductive if your healer has any adjacent buffs that you want to give to someone as well (unless those buffs work diagonally?).

I pretty much only pick Physic when I'm leveling up a character and want to surround that character with adjacent buffers all the time.

I'm still not convinced a healer would be that useful in arena unless your characters are good at tanking and countering, but my Advanced matches have been getting increasingly spotty lately, so I might just have no idea what I'm talking about lol.

Quixzlizx

I really don't want to waste 2k feathers on FRobin, but damn.

26 atk, 21 spd at level 30.

Edit: Yeah, her 4* stats are terrible, too.

Ilvocare

regarding the upcoming event

I'm probably gonna be rolling Ephraim, my boy hasn't failed me yet

after all my brain and my hype belong to him

but my heart secretly belongs to alfonse and I hope deep in my dankest depths of my heart chrom gets fucking crushed

redcrayon

What are people's wish lists for pulls?

I'd love to have Azura, Ryoma, Hector or Effie, but I'll settle for getting one of them at some point.

/RNGesus takes notes and hides them from me forever

Effie is a BEAST!!! She is only level 21 but she already beat enemies above her level with ease

Yea she's crazy. Can't wait to get a few more thousand feathers and bump her to 5*.

Really liking Eldigan on my alt account. Him and Reinhardt make a great combo (goad calvary is awesome). Now if I can just get Nino to fill a green slot on the next banner, then I can use the Lissa from today's hero battle as a healer and be set. I am literally only pulling green next banner.

Mupod

I'd love to have Azura, Ryoma, Hector or Effie, but I'll settle for getting one of them at some point.

Either a better Lyn (mine is -atk, barf) or any good red sword. If I had to pick one it'd be Eirika, as I would then promote my +atk -res Nino and go to town. Draw Back and Drag Back would be fun too. Ryoma would also fit my team well as I rely heavily on Robin and someone who can wreck green mages would be great.

Azura would be awesome as I really like running a dancer, Olivia is fine but I'm not putting 20k feathers into her. Would also synergize with Eirika and Nino if those ever happen.

Whizkid7

regarding the upcoming event

I'm probably gonna be rolling Ephraim, my boy hasn't failed me yet

after all my brain and my hype belong to him

but my heart secretly belongs to alfonse and I hope deep in my dankest depths of my heart chrom gets fucking crushed

I kinda wanna roll with him too just because of all the Lucina talk around here and he'd just laugh in her face.

But then I'd be leaving his poor sister out to dry and I'd feel bad ignoring poor Eirika...

Decisions, decisions...

Pejo

Azura on a banner would be nice. She's really the only unit I still want. Maybe a Nowi or Hinoka. I've been pretty much only pulling blue lately, but I usually get shit like duplicate 3* Donnels or about 100 M Robins.

Akuun

Ideally, I want a Linde, Azura, or Kagero.

Barring those, I want a strong caster of some sort. I lack good ranged damage.

gaiages

Banned

I'd personally like a good dragon killer, either a good Falchion user or Julia. Preferably a red unit though because I already have Hector and don't really need another green with all the reds running around. The only good red sword I've pulled is Eirika but she ended up being -atk :<

Azura would be great too, I need a good blue unit in general and she has both Dance and when I fight her in Arena she hits pretty damn hard.

Out of my favorites, Sully, Hinoka, Chrom, Leo, or Niles. For usefulness, I think Lucina would fit in with my main arena team a bit better than Lyn.

Really, I'm just enjoying being introduced to so many characters from Fire Emblem's history.

redcrayon

Seems like Azura is popular! I suppose blue lancers counter all the red swords, she's fairly strong and can sing too, so an good all-rounder when combined with strong red and green units.

I've pushed Olivia all the way up to 4* and she's pretty good, but doubles up with my Lucina for the red Sword spot, that's why I'd like Azura.

In terms of series favourites that aren't there yet, I'd like to see Cormag, Harr, Innes, Seth, Titania, Soren, Tanith and Elincia. Zihark too.

The game is pretty much a celebration of the series for me. A bit like FF Theatrhythm really, it's nice to dip into for a few minutes and be reminded of all the cool characters I've spent dozens of hours fighting battles with.

I wonder if we'll see stuff like the Hoshido Kinshi knights (flying archers).

Akuun

Seems like Azura is popular! I suppose blue lancers counter all the red swords, she's fairly strong and can sing too, so an good all-rounder when combined with strong red and green units.

I've pushed Olivia all the way up to 4* and she's pretty good, but doubles up with my Lucina for the red Sword spot, that's why I'd like Azura.

In terms of series favourites that aren't there yet, I'd like to see Cormag, Harr, Innes, Seth, Titania, Soren and Elincia. Zihark too.
I think the difference is that Azura is a legitimately strong blue lancer in a fight. Olivia can do *some* damage to greens, but isn't anywhere near as viable in a fight. Olivia most likely won't one-turn a green the way Azura can one-turn a red.

redcrayon

I think the difference is that Azura is a legitimately strong blue lancer in a fight. Olivia can do *some* damage to greens, but isn't anywhere near as viable in a fight. Olivia most likely won't one-turn a green the way Azura can one-turn a red.
Yeah, fair point. I've always been surprised at how hard she hits, I think I'm just too used to dancers being squishy in FE.

Ilvocare

Yeah, fair point. I've always been surprised at how hard she hits, I think I'm just too used to dancers being squishy in FE.

to be fair her strength growth in Fates is fucking nutty

probably why she's so strong here

as for wishlist pulls, uh...

like I already managed to get Ephraim as my first 5* despite all odds so I'm pretty much good

also having a wishlist like that for an F2P player like me is poisonous to my self-control

redcrayon

to be fair her strength growth in Fates is fucking nutty

probably why she's so strong here

as for wishlist pulls, uh...

like I already managed to get Ephraim as my first 5* despite all odds so I'm pretty much good

also having a wishlist like that for an F2P player like me is poisonous to my self-control
I know the feeling :) I'm just sitting on my stockpile of orbs, waiting for a good banner to go ballistic on. It's hard to resist temptation but I've found it quite therapeutic levelling everyone up to 4*, there's something about the FE 'level up' jingle that always makes me smile. Considering that I've got characters that have now levelled up 80+ times, that has to count for something, even if I know stat growth is all pre-ordained rather than percentage chances in Heroes!

Oersted

Super stupid question, but how do you give them a defense

From top to bottom, there is attack, defense, special power. Defense is always empty

From top to bottom, there is attack, defense, special power. Defense is always empty
A defensive skill? Not all characters have them.

If they do have an applicable skill, you set it like any other type of ability.

Roman

Actually the blue shield denotes activated skills that use up the unit's turn, like Sharena's Rally Attack or Olivia's Dance.

Defensive triggered skills like what Hours Left described would also be purple, like Abel's Aegis or Sheena's Escutcheon.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

People keep saying that... but they aren't THAT different. Azura has a Sapphire Lance though, which is nice for Reds. Azura has a little bit more Res + SPD where Olivia has a ton more DEF. I think this common misconception comes from the fact that Azura only comes as a 5*, whereas Olivia never comes as a 5* (you have to upgrade her).

Azura
33/36/40 40/43/46 33/36/39 18/21/24 24/28/31

Olivia
33/36/40 39/43/46 30/33/36 -/27/30 22/26/29

Someone: Goddamnit, I ran into a 40+10 team

Me: Lol, as if that even happens

Also Me:
So... should I find it odd that my Takumi nearly has the same attack as your Takumi+10 lol? (he's 49 thanks +ATK, but still...). That DEF seems really high though, and that RES is super low.

OK, I pulled Sanaki a few days ago after spending just 40 Orbs. I have one with a neutral nature, and I got her to level 38.

I played arena runs to test her power, and she does crazy amounts of damage to Green units. From my calculations, level 40 Sanaki deals 71 damage to Green units with 51 ATK. She gets a clean KO on (standard) Hector and all variants of Camilla as long she's not ATK gimped! +ATK Sanaki KOs all variants of Hector. This is obviously not considering buffs.

I'm totally out of Orbs, and I don't have much to do in this game right now. I wish you guys luck from this banner.

EDIT: I decided to go through the actual Green list, so Sheena, Hawkeye, Julia, and Fae are the ones who can survive a hit from 51 ATK Sanaki. Standard Julia gets KOed by +ATK Sanaki, and Hawkeye gets doubled by +SPD Sanaki. Still a great showing for Sanaki!

Sanaki hector cordelia and effie.

I already got a 4* cordelia so upgrading her is an option. But I want sanaki to have my nuclear trio with Robin and Julia.

MANUELF

Banned
Yea she's crazy. Can't wait to get a few more thousand feathers and bump her to 5*.

Really liking Eldigan on my alt account. Him and Reinhardt make a great combo (goad calvary is awesome). Now if I can just get Nino to fill a green slot on the next banner, then I can use the Lissa from today's hero battle as a healer and be set. I am literally only pulling green next banner.

I believe I will upgrade my Kagero, her new weapon is insane, 3 more might and a even stronger debuff if they survive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom