• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilvocare

I know the feeling :) I'm just sitting on my stockpile of orbs, waiting for a good banner to go ballistic on. It's hard to resist temptation but I've found it quite therapeutic levelling everyone up to 4*, there's something about the FE 'level up' jingle that always makes me smile. Considering that I've got characters that have now levelled up 80+ times, that has to count for something, even if I know stat growth is all pre-ordained rather than percentage chances in Heroes!

I really should level up more peeps but I don't wanna level my 3*s past 20. And the number of 4*s I have are... limited. I mean, I have Cherche, Anna, Ogma, Laslow, Tharja... maybe Sully and Shanna? And some healers, too. I GUESS I could spend my stam better. But I have plenty of lunatic maps left unfinished and I broke 100 in the number of hoarded orbs I got so I think I'll be fine!

EDIT: I only have 11k feathers and I wanna spend them on 5*ing a red hero considering I have Ephraim and Tak already.
it's probably gonna be alfonse because I really don't have much of anyone else who synergizes as universally as he does with my team atm

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
So I've been leveling the Sharena I upgraded to 5* this morning and already have her at level 33 with 150 stamina... that's fast. She also already has better stats than my lvl 40 4* Abel lol.

Left behind a MRobin, Takumi, Fem Corrin,and Leo account. Rerolled. Spent close to $500 bucks and not a single decent red lord outside of 4* chrom. Rerolling until I get Lucina and another 5*. Not spending a single god damn dollar on this game anymore. All current content cleared, all orbs spent and not a god damn red worth a thing.

Left behind a MRobin, Takumi, Fem Corrin,and Leo account. Rerolled. Spent close to $500 bucks and not a single decent red lord outside of 4* chrom. Rerolling until I get Lucina and another 5*. Not spending a single god damn dollar on this game anymore. All current content cleared, all orbs spent and not a god damn red worth a thing.

How funny. My case is just the inverse. A lot of red 5* pulls but nothing decent on other color. My team get destroyed if I encounter a Effie or Nowi.

MANUELF

Banned
Bamboo 竹;231448281 said:
The lack of armored unit in my pulls makes me totally unable to complete March quests :(

Which armored units exist? I just know Effie and Hector.

Gwendolyn and Draug are the other 2

I don't get it. You spend $500 across multiple accounts? If you spent that money on one account, there is no way you should have trouble getting Red units.

It's not so easy to get Lucina and Lyn anymore, but you can still get Eirika, Roy, and Marth without much trouble. Provide they have a good stat spread, each of them are very worthy of being upgraded to 5*.

Gwendolyn is the only one I've summoned. I actually have 3 of them!

Draug seems pretty bad!

I can actually believe this. I've spent close to 100 and only pulled one 5* Chiki other than my original quest to reroll for Lyn. Granted.....500.00 >>>> 100.00 lol

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Bamboo 竹;231448281 said:
The lack of armored unit in my pulls makes me totally unable to complete March quests :(

Which armored units exist? I just know Effie and Hector.

The armor units currently available are:
Red: Draug
Blue: Effie and Gwendolyn
Green: Hector and Sheena.

Edit: Uh... I just had an AI Takumi pass through my Ephraim to attack a weak unit of mine, and he doesn't (and can't?) have Pass or any ability like that... so what the heck happened? o_O...

Ninferno

Edit: Uh... I just had an AI Takumi pass through my Ephraim to attack a weak unit of mine, and he doesn't (and can't?) have Pass or any ability like that... so what the heck happened? o_O...

That's his weapon, Fujin Yumi's ability.

Dealing with Takumi 101: You either one shot him or you lure him into attacking you first to soften him a bit then finish him off on your turn. DO NOT leave him at injured state before ending your turn. An injured Takumi is the most dangerous kind of Takumi, due to vengeance and pass.

spiritfox

Fujin Yumi has the Pass skill.

That's his weapon, Fujin Yumi's ability.

Dealing with Takumi 101: You either one shot him or you lure him into attacking you first to soften him a bit then finish him off on your turn. DO NOT leave him at injured state before ending your turn. An injured Takumi is the most dangerous kind of Takumi, due to vengeance and pass.

So happy I have Robin.

I was about to 5 star my Robin but then I went to check his bane/boon. At level 1 he's gonna have 14 attack which looks to be under the minimum of 17. What's up with that? Should I wait for another Robin?

chrono01

I basically log in daily for my free orbs and that's about it. This game really needs some more substance to it.

What I was thinking, and I know it goes against the Fire Emblem formula a bit, is equipment. They could release maps which offers different materials (depending on the day) that you can grind out to craft weapons/armor/accessories/etc. that you can equip to your characters to improve their stats. Have them in differing rarities, with maybe the higher-tier ones offering a different selection of abilities you can use while having that particular item equipped to your hero.

Give me something to spend my energy on! :(

Seik

Banned
Got Camilla and Marth in my last pull...4* though. D:

L16R0gs.jpg

At least it gives me future candidates for unlocking potential.

Kenai

Is a -HP +Att Erika good? I have been disappointed with the Bane/Boon of several of the units I have been getting (my Eldigan and Lilina are -Attack and my Sanaki is +HP) but that one didn't seem bad at first glance.

SumGamer

Finally got my 20k. Can anyone suggest which 4* I should upgrade? My friend reckon Roy is the best one here but I dont like him that much since people tend to have a nice blue hero against me.

StJYM6t.jpg

Wichu

Finally got my 20k. Can anyone suggest which 4* I should upgrade? My friend reckon Roy is the best one here but I dont like him that much since people tend to have a nice blue hero against me.

StJYM6t.jpg

I'd much rather upgrade Chrom over Roy if you're looking for a sword user. Chrom gets the Falchion at 5*, which is super useful in Arena.

But I would actually prefer to hold on to the feathers in case you pull a better red 4* later, such as Marth or Tiki.

Roman

There's been a lot of people asking about who to upgrade in the last couple of days.

I think I would rather recommend in most cases to wait till we know who the next arena bonus heroes will be.

I've only spent 40 and have a 5* Lucina, Linde, Camilla, Eirika, Takumi, Seliph, and Tiki. I'm starting to realize how lucky this roll was.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Fujin Yumi has the Pass skill.

Wait WHAT??? I totally wasn't aware of this and I use Takumi myself T_T.... Good to know. I was wondering what the skill for the Fujin was... I thought it would be like in Fates where he doesn't get slowed down by terrain, but that's not the case.

OK that makes sense. Looks like he's -HP +Res. Should I go for it?

I also have another Robin that's 3 star atm which is -Def +Res

Seems decent to me. The +RES is not super useful (since Robin's RES isn't that great), but at least he won't get slaughtered by mages. Not sure how he fares against Takumi though, but I think he should be fine?

SumGamer

I'd much rather upgrade Chrom over Roy if you're looking for a sword user. Chrom gets the Falchion at 5*, which is super useful in Arena.

But I would actually prefer to hold on to the feathers in case you pull a better red 4* later, such as Marth or Tiki.

What about Eliwood? I find Cav unit quite helpful in positioning.

Mupod

I run into Takumi so often I can't imagine not running Robin. But I guess I'd see him less if I had characters with high stat totals, which is not happening for a while.

It's crazy that I run things like a 4* Olivia and a 3* Narcian but I still run into full 5* teams. I saw one with TWO Takumis yesterday. I beat them with no losses but still, wtf is this matchmaking.

Roman

I've seen people talk about joning teams on reddit so I thought you could already do that.

They are just making their affiliations known. The same is happening in the FE Heroes wiki discord server. Formally however the event doesn't begin until the 7th.

Anyone else have a Reinhardt-Eldigan combo? I get each alone may not be great, but together they seem really legit. Both get AOE attacks and Reinhardt gives Eldigan +4spd/atk so long as he is within two space, which can prevent getting doubled in many cases and in some cases enables him to double someone he is attacking.

Reinhardt is stupid slow but he gets double attack no matter what and has vantage. Which works well with triggering his special. My problem with Robin in some cases is that he almost always just gets a single attack and doesn't OHKO nearly anyone, Reinhardt can thanks to guaranteed double attacks.

If I can get Nino on the next banner I should be looking really good.

Edit: Eldigan got bumped up to A+ with Chrom and Lyn.

Roman

Aren't they the same bonus characters as last week?

I'm still running Marth, Takumi, M Robin, and Kagero on defense.

They are but team composition adapted to the list could be getting better over time.

However, that's a solid team. Maybe put a dancer over Kagero? In my experience she's never particularly threatening when controlled by the AI, whereas Takumi/Robin+dancing can be devastating.

Hmm whats everyone's opionion on running Reinhardt, Eldigan, Gunter? Gunter was free today and he has hone Calvary which I think would stack with Goad Calvary as the latter is in effect so long as the action occurs within two spaces of Reinhardt. That would be +10 Atk and Spd buff to Eldigan, bringing his speed to Lucina levels.

May tinker with it depending on how this next banner goes.

I've been leveling Olwen, she is absolutely beastly. Being a mounted unit with a brave tome makes her a great initiator, especially with Azura or Olivia to support her, and she has decent attack (I don't know my IV though). Her only downside is her buff skills just boost RES which honestly isn't too helpful because ideally you should be killing before they can counterattack.

Also the voting tournament seems to be coming up. You guys are voting Ephraim right? RIGHT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom