• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SumGamer

May Gasha god watch over me, just pulled 5* Takumi today.

Time to level him up to join Hector in my Defense team. Combining them with Healer(s) and Reindhart should be pretty solid for defense.

May Gasha god watch over me, just pulled 5* Takumi today.

Time to level him up to join Hector in my Defense team. Combining them with Healer(s) and Reindhart should be pretty solid for defense.
Hector is awful for defense. Everyone leave him behind. When I replaced Hector with Olivia my defense went from 1 to 10. My square is takumi, Robin and Young Tiki.

Gotchaye

I'm not noticing a huge difference in Arena ranking after the supposed hacker bans. With 4580 I was at rank ~1200 this morning. I just finished up a slightly better 4588 run and now am rank 989.

I'll probably pull a bunch of blues when the next banner goes up to try to get something with higher stats than Catria. It's either that or wait another week for Sharena.

Upgraded my Robin and got him to 40. Suck a lemon Takumis. Put Robin in their faces and watch them kill themselves as he barely gets tickled.

I managed to pull Sanaki which was my first 5 star in a good 3 weeks. She seems pretty bad. She laughs at any and all greens but her defense and health is so low anything kills her if they get in. Slow too so even in neutral match ups she loses from getting doubled. Guessing I might have to use her for next banner though

Ninferno

One more day to go and still ZERO defense win; now you are getting me worried, game.

I had three last week, and seven the week before. And to make matters worse, it looks like now my offense score of 4502 might not even be enough to help me stay in top 10k any more. Guess people are really getting good...

I mean, I know my defense team of Marth, Nino, Nowi, and Takumi isn't particularly stellar, but still, not even causing people to make some mistakes and losing a unit or two that leads to surrender? Not even once?

Well, what should I do? I don't have any good cavalry unit to materialize a "cavalry shock" team. Maybe I should substitute in my Olivia (only 3* lv20 though) in hope of getting at least a lucky win? What do you guys think?

Any of these 4 worth getting to 5 star over Kagero?

8b436DR.jpg

I do need a green.

I don't know about Seliph or Fae, but Ogma and Laslow definitely not. Kagero's my only 4 to 5 star promotion so far and I have zero regrets.

Edit:
One more day to go and still ZERO defense win; now you are getting me worried, game.
I don't have any either. I don't know what's going on.

Gotchaye

I had three last week, and seven the week before. And to make matters worse, it looks like now my offense score of 4502 might not even be enough to help me stay in top 10k any more. Guess people are really getting good...

I mean, I know my defense team of Marth, Nino, Nowi, and Takumi isn't particularly stellar, but still, not even causing people to make some mistake and losing a unit or two that leads to surrender? Not even once?

Well, what should I do? I don't have any good cavalry units to materialize a "cavalry shock" team. Maybe I should substitute in my Olivia (only 3* lv20 though) in hope of getting at least a lucky win? What do you guys think?

This happened to me too. No defense wins for a few days and just got my first one yesterday. I usually get most of my defense wins in the last couple days of a season, presumably because that's when people use crests to try to improve their score, but still I usually have more than 1 by now. It's possible people are just getting better at manipulating the AI. It's also possible that people are completing games even when they lose a hero because they want to hurry through the monthly quests.

Honestly your defense team seems pretty solid. I do think that the best defense teams are unbalanced, though. Like, everyone is going to be able to deal with two reds, one green, and one blue - that's what you have in mind when you put together an offense team. What some teams just won't be able to handle is a team of 4 blues. Your team is good because you have two ranged and one melee that can counterattack at ranged, but I think it'd probably be better if you replaced Marth with a blue or green. Olivia is probably a good addition too; she works really well with mages like Nino.

Ninferno

This happened to me too. No defense wins for a few days and just got my first one yesterday. I usually get most of my defense wins in the last couple days of a season, presumably because that's when people use crests to try to improve their score, but still I usually have more than 1 by now. It's possible people are just getting better at manipulating the AI. It's also possible that people are completing games even when they lose a hero because they want to hurry through the monthly quests.

Honestly your defense team seems pretty solid. I do think that the best defense teams are unbalanced, though. Like, everyone is going to be able to deal with two reds, one green, and one blue - that's what you have in mind when you put together an offense team. What some teams just won't be able to handle is a team of 4 blues. Your team is good because you have two ranged and one melee that can counterattack at ranged, but I think it'd probably be better if you replaced Marth with a blue or green. Olivia is probably a good addition too; she works really well with mages like Nino.

Thanks Gotchaye, great analysis as always.

Yeah, I think I will substitute in Olivia to see if I can get a cheap win. Nino and Nowi are my only good green and blue units respectively (and that's why I'm so going to dump all my orbs when the Battling Ursula, aka Effie and Nino banner hits) so my options are quite limited.

MrDaravon

Haven't played in a while (just been logging in for daily orbs), just did a pull on the new banner and got:

5* Ephraim
4* Effie
4* Gordin
4* Niles
3* Olivia

My only 5* was a Julia so I'm pretty happy to get another one! I already had a 4* Niles and IIRC he's pretty garbage, but how are Ephraim/Effie/Gordin? Alternatively does anyone have a link to a good tier list or something similar I can just look at instead. Having not played the game much skimming the thread it's a lot of really character specific questions/setups and I don't know who most of these characters are so it's a bit over my head at times :(

I reallllly need to sit down and spend some time with the game and clear everything (I haven't finished all the story content or touched Arena even) so I can just play the game on maintenance mode without it being a huge time commitment >_>. Every time I sit down and play the game at all it just kinda makes me want to play Fates since I still haven't touched that yet.

Roman

Haven't played in a while (just been logging in for daily orbs), just did a pull on the new banner and got:

5* Ephraim
4* Effie
4* Gordin
4* Niles
3* Olivia

My only 5* was a Julia so I'm pretty happy to get another one! I already had a 4* Niles and IIRC he's pretty garbage, but how are Ephraim/Effie/Gordin? Alternatively does anyone have a link to a good tier list or something similar I can just look at instead. Having not played the game much skimming the thread it's a lot of really character specific questions/setups and I don't know who most of these characters are so it's a bit over my head at times :(

I reallllly need to sit down and spend some time with the game and clear everything (I haven't finished all the story content or touched Arena even) so I can just play the game on maintenance mode without it being a huge time commitment >_>. Every time I sit down and play the game at all it just kinda makes me want to play Fates since I still haven't touched that yet.

This one is pretty solid and updated regularly. Ephraim is good but a 5* Effie would give you a higher arena score due to higher total base stats. Gordin is not really worth using in the arena.

If you have any more specific questions, the OP has a link to our FE GAF Discord server.

MrDaravon

This one is pretty solid and updated regularly. Ephraim is good but a 5* Effie would give you a higher arena score due to higher total base stats. Gordin is not really worth using in the arena.

If you have any more specific questions, the OP has a link to our FE GAF Discord server.

That link is fantastic and exactly what I was looking for, thank you! Surprised to see Selena so low (relatively), she does goddamn work for me lol. I'll hop on the discord later, I have a few questions about how to progress a bit and my team. Thanks!

I still have a hard time articulating why I haven't been all over this game more. Like I just burnt through all my Stamina for the first time in probably like two weeks, got my Castle maxed out and knocked out some of the special event maps out (none of which I had touched) and had a great time while actually playing. But I have the hardest time finding motivation to actually sit down and play until I actually do. Maybe it's something with how the Stamina works in this game? I dunno, it's weird.

Roman

That link is fantastic and exactly what I was looking for, thank you! Surprised to see Selena so low (relatively), she does goddamn work for me lol. I'll hop on the discord later, I have a few questions about how to progress a bit and my team. Thanks!

I still have a hard time articulating why I haven't been all over this game more. Like I just burnt through all my Stamina for the first time in probably like two weeks, got my Castle maxed out and knocked out some of the special event maps out (none of which I had touched) and had a great time while actually playing. But I have the hardest time finding motivation to actually sit down and play until I actually do. Maybe it's something with how the Stamina works in this game? I dunno, it's weird.

Sword users just have to face the heaviest competition. She is good at taking care of green units, especially armors, but outside of Hector that doesn't really help in the arena.

Maybe it would help if you discussed the game more actively with the community? Playing by yourself can be tiresome if the gameplay remains similar for too long, and no challenge maps are available.

When's the new content ? Only played the three new maps these last 2 weeks because there is litterally nothing to do for me. When's Ike.........

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Finally got a perfect run and my best arena score yet of 4226! Hopefully that pushes me up the ranking somewhat (was at rank 60,201 with 4076). Anyways, I can't get any farther up without leveling up 3* Narcian from lvl 22 (my other 3 are lvl 40, 5* Takumi, 5* Sharena, 4* Olivia).

Finally got a perfect run and my best arena score yet of 4226! Hopefully that pushes me up the ranking somewhat (was at rank 60,201 with 4076). Anyways, I can't get any farther up without leveling up 3* Narcian from lvl 22 (my other 3 are lvl 40, 5* Takumi, 5* Sharena, 4* Olivia).
Should put you in be high 30k's. you need 4,600+ to get up top 5k. Still that's impressive to do that with seemingly an inactive team member.

I am screwed if the next arena is based on sibling bonds. Maybe they will throw F Robin in there (I should level her up)

Quixzlizx

I think I'm getting a little screwed by the arena matchmaking. Last week when Nino was 4*, I got 4358 and 4370 perfect runs. I upgraded Nino to 5* this week, so I was thinking 14 (her additional stats at 5*) x 7 = 98 more points.

But I ended up with a high of 4422. That's not even close.

I am really wondering if it's worth 5 star m robin. My team is Hector, Takumi and Young Tiki. Don't have manu other options to 5 star but I am hoarding about 100 stones.

fester

Banned
When's the new content ? Only played the three new maps these last 2 weeks because there is litterally nothing to do for me. When's Ike.........

I was just thinking the same thing as I logged in, collected some free shit, and then struggled to find something to do. I've been strictly F2P and I can't imagine having spent any money on this with the current quantity of content.

I am really wondering if it's worth 5 star m robin. My team is Hector, Takumi and Young Tiki. Don't have manu other options to 5 star but I am hoarding about 100 stones.

To me he is worth it as he single handedly counters Takumi and any other potential colorless that rises up, and can smack a red pretty good while keeping distance. The major down side is that he gets melted by green mages and he cannot one shot anyone because of his speed.

That said Robin has won me many matches, and it will take a lot to replace him in my lineup.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Should put you in be high 30k's. you need 4,600+ to get up top 5k. Still that's impressive to do that with seemingly an inactive team member.

I am screwed if the next arena is based on sibling bonds. Maybe they will throw F Robin in there (I should level her up)

Thanks! Got me to 40,608. Hopefully I stay above 50K...

Ekid

Should put you in be high 30k's. you need 4,600+ to get up top 5k.

Seems exaggerate as with 4542 I'm currently ranked 3862 and it dropped less than 500 in the last two days.

I blowed 65 orbs on this banner and the only 5* I got was a dupe Eirika :/
I really wanted Eldigan, I loved him in FE4 and he got two of the best music in the entire serie, Disturbance of Agustria and Lion King Eltshan.

Guess I'm back on hoarding, I only pull when I have enough orbs to take advantage of the pity counter, being stuck with a >9% chance just before the end of a banner is a sure way to end up putting some $$ in the game.

Seems exaggerate as with 4542 I'm currently ranked 3862 and it dropped less than 500 in the last two days.

I blowed 65 orbs on this banner and the only 5* I got was a dupe Eirika :/
I really wanted Eldigan, I loved him in FE4 and he got two of the best music in the entire serie, Disturbance of Agustria and Lion King Eltshan.

Guess I'm back on hoarding, I only pull when I have enough orbs to take advantage of the pity counter, being stuck with a >9% chance just before the end of a banner is a sure way to end up putting some $$ in the game.

I was just assuming as I got to nearly 4400 Last arena and was not in the top 10,000.

I have Eldigan and Reinhardt on my alternate account and he is legit I think. Makes me want to use Gunther and run a Calvary team. Reinhard and Hunther bonuses would give Eldigan a plus 10atk and spd. Putting his attack over 60 and speed at 37.

Got a 100 orbs on that account so I am going to be pulling a lot of green to get a better Gunter or maybe a Hector or Julia or Nino.

redcrayon

There should be a new special launch map tomorrow, and the voting tournament thingy starts on Tuesday.

I hope they add some fresh characters to the daily rotation too, or more of those grand hero battles, they've been some of the more interesting content due to the tough victory conditions.

To me he is worth it as he single handedly counters Takumi and any other potential colorless that rises up, and can smack a red pretty good while keeping distance. The major down side is that he gets melted by green mages and he cannot one shot anyone because of his speed.

That said Robin has won me many matches, and it will take a lot to replace him in my lineup.
Knowing my team make up (Hector, Takumi, Young Tiki is there anyone else who can deal with what robin deals with? The only thing like you said is he is basically a Takumi killer.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Btw, I've got to wonder, why is MCorrin considered a better character than he's ranked?

MCorrin
38/42/45 45/48/51 29/32/35 27/31/34 21/24/28 if defending
38/42/45 45/48/51 33/36/39 27/31/34 21/24/28 if attacking (+4 Spd when attacking)

Marth
37/41/44 44/47/50 31/34/37 25/29/32 20/23/26

Lucina
40/43/46 47/50/53 33/36/39 22/25/29 16/19/22

MCorrin seems like basically a tankier Lucina without the dragon-advantage when attacking, and a bit worse when defending?

PK Gaming

Btw, I've got to wonder, why is MCorrin considered a better character than he's ranked?

MCorrin
38/42/45 45/48/51 33/36/39 27/31/34 21/24/28 if attacking (+4 Spd when attacking)

Marth

Lucina

MCorrin seems like basically a tankier Lucina without the dragon-advantage when attacking, and a bit worse when defending?

Male Corrin is absolutely underrated and will likely rise at some point. That said, dragon slaying is a pretty important utility, Lucina has Luna on top of that, and the healing Marth/Lucina get isn't too shabby. His Speed on enemy phase is also pretty concerning.

Quixzlizx

MCorrin

Marth

Lucina

His skills stink compared to Lucina's. In my opinion, the maps are too small and cramped for Obstruct to usually have an effect on the battle.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Male Corrin is absolutely underrated and will likely rise at some point. That said, dragon slaying is a pretty important utility, Lucina has Luna on top of that, and the healing Marth/Lucina get isn't too shabby. His Speed on enemy phase is also pretty concerning.

His skills stink compared to Lucina's. In my opinion, the maps are too small and cramped for Obstruct to usually have an effect on the battle.

Sure, I'm not saying he's better than Lucina, but right now he's on the same tier as Seliph (with Chrom above him)... He's arguably a bit worse than Marth because he's missing the Falchion skills and the slightly lower speed when defending (but is faster when attacking).

Any opinions of Eirika?

I have a +def / speed one, and she is really good. Her stats - 42/42/32/30/28

Surprisingly tanky with a +def nature , and even with -speed she won't get doubled by much. Excellent buffs and pivot make her pretty mobile, and make it easy to stay with a partner and get in front to take a hit (Nino/Tharja love her). She won't hold up well against blues, but she can eat greens well, and holds up against other reds.Draw back is really nice for separating enemies and re positioning as well. Once skill inheritence comes in, she will have a free A slot, which is pretty rare, so keep that in mind.

PK Gaming

I have a +def / speed one, and she is really good. Her stats - 42/42/32/30/28

Surprisingly tanky with a +def nature , and even with -speed she won't get doubled by much. Excellent buffs and pivot make her pretty mobile, and make it easy to stay with a partner and get in front to take a hit (Nino/Tharja love her). She won't hold up well against blues, but she can eat greens well, and holds up against other reds.Draw back is really nice for separating enemies and re positioning as well. Once skill inheritence comes in, she will have a free A slot, which is pretty rare, so keep that in mind.

Quick aside: are we sure that inheritance will only allow a unit to obtain one skill?

And yeah, Eirika is v. good

I believe so, that way at least you dont end with every unit having the same skillset

I could totally see IS just passing all of the skills over that can be. If Fates/Awakening is anything to go by, they don't seem to concerned with limiting how much a player can break a game. Honestly though, I'm assuming they will let you pass down a skill of your choice, at the level you have it currently. There are lots of units who could use a different skill in one of their slots thanks to their nature. I know my + speed/ - attack Lucina would really like to have defiant attach over defiant speed.

Some people on Reddit seem to think it will only be open slots, which is possible too. Still, I feel like IS wanted us to be able to customize units, so I'm expecting more leeway on what we can do. Can't really customize units with only one skill slot, especially if that open slot is on the C slot (which is basically a support slot as of now). Multiple skills in each slot would also make the whole equipping a skill thing make sense.

Farming Tacos for Close Counter sounds like a pain.

I don't know if Close Counter or similar skills will be inheritable. The error messages that were data mined had errors for unique skills (can't be transferred because it is a unique skill). The current thought is any skill with a white border is probably unique. Stuff like Hone Flyers, Close Counter and Distant Counter may all be unique skills. I mean, I hope they aren't transferable. Its already a pain to deal with Takumi, and he'll probably get Vantage once skill transfer comes out thanks to Gorden. Thankfull, my Nino Erika combo should be able to oneshot All Takumis (if I bother to promote Nino to 5*).

Quixzlizx

I don't know if Close Counter or similar skills will be inheritable. The error messages that were data mined had errors for unique skills (can't be transferred because it is a unique skill). The current thought is any skill with a white border is probably unique. Stuff like Hone Flyers, Close Counter and Distant Counter may all be unique skills. I mean, I hope they aren't transferable. Its already a pain to deal with Takumi, and he'll probably get Vantage once skill transfer comes out thanks to Gorden. Thankfull, my Nino Erika combo should be able to oneshot All Takumis (if I bother to promote Nino to 5*).

If I had two Takumis, I'd put Vantage on my defense team, and Bowbreaker on my offense team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom