• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninferno

Are you referring to 1.1.0 or is this something new? App store is still saying 1.1.0 is the most recent version.

I think he's referring to 1.1.0. Yes, it was out a few days ago but before today it wasn't required. Today if you log in with 1.0.2 you will be presented with a message asking you to update to 1.1.0 (you won't be able to proceed until you do).

Etria

Are you referring to 1.1.0 or is this something new? App store is still saying 1.1.0 is the most recent version.

I think he's referring to 1.1.0. Yes, it was out a few days ago but before today it wasn't required. Today if you log in with 1.0.2 you will be presented with a message asking you to update to 1.1.0 (you won't be able to proceed until you do).

Ah, right. That should be the one. I got the prompt because my phone didn't have enough space to automatically download it, so I thought it was an update that had just been pushed out.

Roman

The new celebration map is up. It's really problematic that I can auto-battle through new bi-weekly content in less than two minutes.

Ninferno

Yes, the fact that celebration maps remained at the 5/15 lv. difficulty for all 5 weeks is rather perplexing. Why not 5/15 for the first week or two, and then steadily increases to 35/40 or something? Maybe they think "celebration" means easy orbs. Well, I can't really blame them in that aspect. If they make it difficult it could be discouraging to new comers.

The celebration maps will disappear in 7 days by the way, so guys, make sure you grab them while you can. Maybe once celebration's over, we will have weekly challenge maps or something in that vein? It will help if it has wider range of lv. requirements such as 10/20/30/40.

Also, a new announcement titled "Addressing Improper Use" is released to the notice board. Well, let's hope they actually implement something robust.

Trunx28

Got my first over 4000 arena points. Not bad considering that I'm still with only one 5*. But Klein (5*) and Olivia are a power-pack, killing nearly anything in range, even a Team with 2 5* Takumis. Catria is great against red heroes and Zelcher has a really great attack (though really bad resistance).

So at most like ten minutes to kill with a max-level team every two weeks.
Not if you don't have the right characters/strategy. I missed out on 3* Narcian because I just didn't have any other options available other than "pray Hector tanks everything." I kept on trying until the very end, but no dice. Robin was much easier though.

doraemoe

OK gaf, I need help. Now I have enough resources to upgrade one unit to 5*, who is the best choice? Here is my opinion:
K9Cqy6P.jpg

Mupod

damn I got up expecting there to be a new set of focus characters then I remembered that the Hawkeye/Fir one came in later in the week.

You know what'd be nice? A surprise banner for the event with some of the featured characters, for those of us who never landed a Lucina before and want some chance at winning the event. They're going to have to put out an update before the event so anything could happen.

I've got Sharena sitting at 4* level 20 waiting for more details. I have a Chrom too but he's -atk and sucks.

Mupod

I still advise checking stats before dropping 20,000 feathers on somebody. You might regret promoting a -spd or -atk unit later on.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Somehow I'm finding Camilla's becoming useful again, thanks to all the blues in the arena. She's better against Robin and Takumi than my other units because she brings good burst. If she's buffed for atk or against a softened Takumi, she can avoid the counterhit more easily than other characters. She can oneshot Linde too, which is a very big deal because casters scare me. Jakob baiting or attacking Takumi first for debuff > send in Camilla works pretty well.

Her dive is still often sacrificial, but it's better to win with 3 units alive than lose while trying to get a clean sweep (which happens to me a lot).

redcrayon

Haven't played in two weeks, but have they added any meaningful content yet? Love a lot about the game.
Not really, but it's worth storming through all the launch celebration special maps for the orbs (5 maps x 2 difficulties x 3 orbs) as they are on a time limit.

Not really, but it's worth storming through all the launch celebration special maps for the orbs (5 maps x 2 difficulties x 3 orbs) as they are on a time limit.

And the March quests if you have the characters to complete them will give you 9 orbs (10 if you do the sibling bond quest as well)

Akuun

I really hope they bring in a new summoning banner tomorrow. I'm tired of waiting for the Team Incest banner to go away.

Pejo

I really hope they bring in a new summoning banner tomorrow. I'm tired of waiting for the Team Incest banner to go away.

Wouldn't mind either an Azura banner or Ike to finally make his way into the game.

I have 3 teams I'm leveling at the same time right now, which has really helped my success rate. If I see my mid 30's team is up against unfavorable elements, I look at my mid 20's team's options. If they're still not good, I look at my level 15 team options. There's bound to be one configuration across those 3 ranges that doesn't guarantee a loss for me, which has been really nice. Definitely beats trying to brute force a team through even the worst enemy configurations (looking at you cavalry mages).

redcrayon

Wouldn't mind either an Azura banner or Ike to finally make his way into the game.

I have 3 teams I'm leveling at the same time right now, which has really helped my success rate. If I see my mid 30's team is up against unfavorable elements, I look at my mid 20's team's options. If they're still not good, I look at my level 15 team options. There's bound to be one configuration across those 3 ranges that doesn't guarantee a loss for me, which has been really nice. Definitely beats trying to brute force a team through even the worst enemy configurations (looking at you cavalry mages).
I do this, I've usually got a late-30s team looking to hit level 40 for when I don't have much time to play, a 20-30 team and a very low level team for when I feel like stretching the stamina out a bit. I've got around 20 high level 4* characters now which really helps in matching teams to missions.

redcrayon

The daily launch promotion where you get two orbs for logging in runs until March 14- I wonder if they'll offer something else as a daily log-in incentive after that? It's been the main source of orbs for me.

Yeah, me too. I've got 90+ orbs stockpiled waiting for a banner with some characters I'm interested in. Even if I don't get what I want, the side effect will still be a huge influx of new low-level characters to play with.

ccbfan

The game really needs a better sense of progression.

All I do right now is log in collect login bonuses and fight my 3 arena battles.

Out of all the gacha games I've play this is easily the worse. The fire emblem whore in me is the only reason I haven't deleted this game yet.

In the early days of Puzzles and Dragons, you had farmables that you want to level, evolve and skill up that were capable end game characters. Evolving them didn't cost and arm and a leg. I tried to level up and evolve all my good farmables and there was well over 10 of them. You work towards and objective. You can create good teams without using Gacha once.

This game? There's nothing to do but level characters. When all you're 5* are 40 (Takes like a week unless you got really lucky rolls)? Then you have nothing to do. You're not gonna waste those precious feathers to willy nilly ranked up any character, they're just too rare. Unless they complete change the ranking system, you have a higher chance of getting a 5* from rolling with the bonus orbs you receive during the time it take to rank up a character from 3 star to 5.

MANUELF

Banned

All I do right now is log in collect login bonuses and fight my 3 arena battles.

Out of all the gacha games I've play this is easily the worse. The fire emblem whore in me is the only reason I haven't deleted this game yet.

In the early days of Puzzles and Dragons, you had farmables that you want to level, evolve and skill up that were capable end game characters. Evolving them didn't cost and arm and a leg. I tried to level up and evolve all my good farmables and there was well over 10 of them. You work towards and objective. You can create good teams without using Gacha once.

This game? There's nothing to do but level characters. When all you're 5* are 40 (Takes like a week unless you got really lucky rolls)? Then you have nothing to do. You're not gonna waste those precious feathers to willy nilly ranked up any character, they're just too rare. Unless they complete change the ranking system, you have a higher chance of getting a 5* from rolling with the bonus orbs you receive during the time it take to rank up a character from 3 star to 5.
Thats the game problem, there is nothing to farm, the game needs a loot and a upgrade system

Draxal

It really does. You get characters to max level just to sit.

If they just made it so badges were tradable for feathers or one upping characters or resetting natures of a character. You would at least have something to do.

It's a shame as the engine is nice.

redcrayon

I agree that 20,000 feathers to upgrade from 4* to 5* is too high- most players will only have been able to do it once even if they've been playing every day since launch, and even then that's down to the extra 13k feathers given away in bonuses. I can see why they wanted to start out with harsh costs though- it's better to lower them later or as promotions than to raise them if you realise it's unbalanced after launch. Even so, I find the 5 feathers given for comms to be such a low amount to be almost insulting, and my friends list was full after a couple of days. I've been declining friends ever since, so that is pretty much broken too.

Agree with all your points regarding lack of content too, but not that it isn't worth raising characters that aren't 5*. I've promoted a dozen or so characters from 3* to 4* rather than just promote one from 4* to 5*, and feel that my force is much more well-rounded for it to face the variety of monthly objectives and the hero battles. Depends whether that interests you more than just having a single strong arena team I suppose.

I think they probably didn't realise that people expected the same level of content as Granblue/PVZ, which I find completely bizarre from a professional mobile games company combined with an industry giant. As a piece of digital marketing for the upcoming three Fire Emblem games rather than a monetised game it's doing its job in raising awareness, but it could easily be both. If they can't triple the content available people will drift away long before the first of those even launches in May.

redcrayon

It really does. You get characters to max level just to sit.

If they just made it so badges were tradable for feathers or one upping characters or resetting natures of a character. You would at least have something to do.

It's a shame as the engine is nice.
That's a good idea, I've got over a hundred each of the big ones and several hundred of the small ones now. Far more than I'll ever need considering how many feathers are required to upgrade- why does it take at least two months-worth of feathers for the upgrade from 4* to 5*, but only a couple of days worth of badges. Completely out of sync, being able to trade any of the currencies for another at the appropriate rate (or even slightly less) would really help, because at the moment the rewards for completing missions, outside of the XP, are now worthless to me- I've already got more badges than I'll ever need even if I played the game for several years.

ccbfan

Yeah, the biggest issue is feathers. Decrease the feather requirement, make it more farmable, or make it more sensible (Not take over a month of time to upgrade a rank 4 to 5 and that's with 13K+ free feathers from launch bonuses, we don't know if those are coming back).

That would fix a lot of the issues.

It would make me take all my 2 star characters and go through the game again and again to get them 4 or 5 stars. Its would make me care about the free 1 and 2 star character you get. It would make the game have a sense of farmables and progression. Not just did I get lucky with rolls?

I agree with you guys. I think that is a good idea to create a trade in mechanic, where you can farm badges in he training towers and then turn hose in for feathers. Make the regular badges worth 1 and the great 5? At least then your level 40 team has something to do in the in the high stratums, and the characters you are training can get a little something as well.

I guess Nintendo's concern there would be it would de-incentives pulling. But orbs are about to be way less common and the character pool is only going to get more diluted.

Akuun

Maybe raise the feathers received from sending units home, too. Right now it's just not worth selling units at all.

I want to form a team with Lucina, Hector, Eirika and either Robin (m) or Rheinhard. Robin is 4*, rest is 5*. Who's better? Rheinhard for being 5* or Robin for being Robin. Whats best for this group?

I want to form a team with Lucina, Hector, Eirika and either Robin (m) or Rheinhard. Robin is 4*, rest is 5*. Who's better? Rheinhard for being 5* or Robin for being Robin. Whats best for this group?

I have both but on separate accounts. The account I have Reinhardt on is really fun as I have Eldigan and Gunter and Goad Calvary is a really cool passive skill to play around with.

It really depends on how deadly Takumi is to those other characters of yours as Robin can solo him and offer himself to him as bait. Reinhardt can't. Maybe your Hector solves that problem for you though? The upside to Reinhardt is that he actually has OHKO potential with double attack and AOE trigger. Both attacks happen prior to the enemy's action as well. His downside is that he has the lowest speed in the game meaning he is going to get doubled on defense a lot, so placement matters a lot.

So if you have a Takumi counter outside of Robin I'd say go with Reinhardt to increase your one shot capabilities.

Shinypogs

I've got enough feathers to make my 4* fem Corrin a 5* but she's already capable of destroying 5* units even the Falchion users and I'm not sure I want to grind her up again. I'm still running fem corrin, olivia, merric, 4* Marth ( he's -atk + speed so he's not getting upgraded) and for the most part this team has little trouble dealing with most anything. I also have a 5* - def,+ speed Effie I'm raising for the rare maps and challenges where she's going to be preferable over my otherwise highly mobile team.

I keep forgetting to log in regularly but have amassed 80 orbs again and am waiting for a banner which features units I actually need/ want to use.

Ok. Right now the two main staples for my team is robin and Julia.

My problem now is that in my quest for sanaki I ended up getting a lot of reds.

Seliph
Eirika
Chrom
Child tiki

I've reached the point where I'm gonna abandon my sanaki goal and just do a regular full 20 pull and hope for the best

Ok. Right now the two main staples for my team is robin and Julia.

My problem now is that in my quest for sanaki I ended up getting a lot of reds.

Seliph
Eirika
Chrom
Child tiki

I've reached the point where I'm gonna abandon my sanaki goal and just do a regular full 20 pull and hope for the best

At least Eirika would make a good complement to your mages, boosting their attack and speed and pivoting in front of them and dragging enemies towards them.

spiritfox

I feel like there should be an endless mode that's more interesting than the training tower. Maybe a set of hard maps that lead to a boss map or something.

Golnei

"Boss" stages should have had multiple parts from the outset, but a mode that incorporated continuous battles would be just as welcome - with the game's format, it'd be one of the few ways to disincentivise unit sacrifice.

Reinforcements should be worked into future regular stages as well - along with providing an additional element to work around strategically, there's a reason most mobile games structure battles in waves.

Ninferno

There is a new announcement in the notice board mentioning a weird bug of "you lose your arena streak bonus score if you exit the game amid an arena battle and resume it later" in version 1.1.0. I have never encountered this myself but it does sound nasty so take note if exiting the game amid arena battles is your thing.

Anyway, Nintendo, that's a terrible bug that has never occurred to me! Where's you apology? How about 10K feathers to everyone to show you are sorry:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom