• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
YES!

I decided to throw caution to the wind and hunt red orbs on the Princess banner a few times.

My very first pull was Lucina.

She's +Def/-Spd which is pretty bad for her, but my Marth is even worse at +Res/-Att. Bye Marth.

Rize_21

:O

Spent my last 40 free orbs expecting Lucina but nope, RnGesus was kind enough to add Elise to my f2p gang.
Here are my main 5* bullies:
svfvrZ5.png
also, feel free to add me to your friendlist, my ID is 7112728228.

_Legacy_

Man, I've struggled to get a flawless run this season. Keep losing a single unit in 2-3 battles and I can't seem to crack above 4.3k.

I just need luckier match-ups, I'm facing several double teams (Takumi, Lucina, etc.) already. My squad of Olwen, Robin(M), Lucina and Takumi have rolled over a lot of teams but it's the flawless wins I need to improve on.

I'll keep trying I guess.

kewlmyc

Sölf;231624005 said:
#TeamElise

Loosing miserably against #TeamEirika. :(

BUT I WILL FIGHT! FOR BEST IMOUTO! AND I AM NOT ALONE!

kgFMhmE.gif

Bring it in fam.

ABERgqr.gif

Voted Elise. I'm surprised to see she has 1/3rd of Eirika's votes. Guess I'll go level up my new 5* Kagero, Hinoka, Eirika, and Lucina instead.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Now I'm not sure what I want to upgrade to 5*. I'm thinking either MRobin (-def +atk) or Effie (-def +atk).

The rest of the 5* roster is Lucina, Ryoma, Roy, Nowi, Ephriam, Camilla, Jakob, and Elise. I also have a 4* Olivia available.

I'm leaning towards MRobin for the ranged option, but I'm also tempted by the sheer destruction a +atk Effie could cause.

OVDRobo

Not all that impressed with the new event. Needing to check in every 30 minutes for 2 minutes to optimise my gains is irritating and It was obvious Lucina was the victor before it even started. Outside of everyone from other teams banding together against her in the finals, I can't see her losing. Suits me just fine since I've been on Team Lucina since the beginning, but it's a dumb idea.

The new story addition is laughable. To paraphrase:
'Sometimes I hear a voice. It tells me to kill, then I want to'
Give it up for the writers of this game, people. They might have ascended to second-grade writing level.

On the bright side, I decided to do a pull on the princes banner and my first and only blue orb on the field got me an Ephraim. Not my favourite by any means, but he's a solid unit and I'm lacking a good blue Lancer. Not testing my luck anymore, though. I'll save my 9 whole remaining orbs.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I pulled on the banner about 8 more times trying to hunt Eirika. And I did get her at 4*. And then, because I figured I might as well use my last five orbs at this point, I pulled one last time.

+Att/-HP is way fucking better. I merged the first Lucina into the new one right after this screenshot and she added +1 to HP & Spd. She is definitely gonna be the new star of my team.

I still need a Lyn replacement, preferably a good (de)buffer. Eirika is a good candidate, but I'm hoping for someone other than a sword unit. I've got Saizo, but he hasn't jumped out to me yet. I need to actually comb through my unit list later today. Also, I'm still torn between Nowi and F!Corrin. I need to get Nowi up to 40 since I forgot what her +/- stats were.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure I just used up all my good luck for at least the rest of March.

Akuun

The new story addition is laughable. To paraphrase:
'Sometimes I hear a voice. It tells me to kill, then I want to'
Give it up for the writers of this game, people. They might have ascended to second-grade writing level.

On the bright side, I decided to do a pull on the princes banner and my first and only blue orb on the field got me an Ephraim. Not my favourite by any means, but he's a solid unit and I'm lacking a good blue Lancer. Not testing my luck anymore, though. I'll save my 9 whole remaining orbs.
I didn't like Ephriam at first either, but he's grown on me. He's pretty support with his attack buff and -def threaten skills, and he hits pretty hard on his own while being tanky enough to not get oneshotted by most things.

I agree about the writing being hilariously bad.

"I don't feel like I'm being controlled. But sometimes I hear a voice that tells me to kill, and then I want to."

AND YOU DON'T THINK YOU'RE BEING CONTROLLED? OKAY.

...It's still a step up from the past few weeks of siblings endlessly jerking off to each other.

ccbfan

I have over 100 saved orbs. Is the princess banner any good?

Very red swordsman heavy and my 2nd best character is Roy (Takuma #1)

kswiston

I picked Eirika and that is currently 215M to 71M in her favour. Sorry Elise fans. No cinnamon buns in the finale.

I wonder how uneven the voting is between the guys and girls.

ggx2ac

Funny, I picked Eirika for the gauntlet. Didn't know using her gives more points to my score.

Guys, the real megaton is right here.

I am going to be pissed if this means losing my bonus levels to bring a 5* character to 6*.

This would be spitting on the face of every person that spent hundreds of dollars to get multiple 5* characters to merge and make them stronger.

Akuun

I picked Eirika and that is currently 215M to 71M in her favour. Sorry Elise fans. No cinnamon buns in the finale.

I wonder how uneven the voting is between the guys and girls.
I picked Chrom (I figured Lucina had enough fans) and he was wrecking Alphonse. I think Chrom was at like 71M this morning, and Alphonse had some way smaller number.

If Elise is LOSING at 71M then it's not even going to be close when the guys and girls meet. They don't call this Waifu Emblem for nothing, unless the Chrom fangirls fight back.

kswiston

I have too many terrible friends. So many people have terrible leaders up that aren't even max level.

Add me if you still have room: 5017680012

I currently have a Lv 40 M Robin up, but I could throw another unit in the leadership role if that would be more useful. I have lv 40 Marth, Chrom, Takumi, Camilla, Robin, and Seliph. I am working up Lyn and Sanaki currently. I also have 5-star Lachesis and Hawkeye, but I doubt those would be good picks for this event.

Funny, I picked Eirika for the gauntlet. Didn't know using her gives more points to my score.

I am going to be pissed if this means losing my bonus levels to bring a 5* character to 6*.

This would be spitting on the face of every person that spent hundreds of dollars to get multiple 5* characters to merge and make them stronger.

There's just no way they'd do a 6*. Besides spurning just about everybody who spent so much as a dime on the game, can you imagine the feather costs?

_Legacy_

Whales are gonna whale, if people are crazy enough to drop hundreds for this game, surely they'll have no problem doing it again to stay ahead.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Can't say I understand this event at all. How do I get a higher rank? Higher multiplier?

Edit: Did pull a Lucina though. Woot.

kswiston

I pulled my 37 saved orbs on reds under the princess banner hoping for Eirika or Lucina. I ended up getting Eirika on my last pull, but she is the 4 star version.... I guess she goes on the list with Sharena and F Corrin as units I need to save up 20k feathers for.

PMS341

So I finally hit 20,000 feathers, and am ready to upgrade someone to 5*. My choices are Marth, Fae, or Male Robin in terms of good 4* characters/those I may want on my main team. The only current 5* I have is Takumi. Who should it be?

kswiston

So I finally hit 20,000 feathers, and am ready to upgrade someone to 5*. My choices are Marth, Fae, or Male Robin in terms of good 4* characters/those I may want on my main team. The only current 5* I have is Takumi. Who should it be?

Post a screenshot of your 4-star roster. I would go with Marth or Robin. I don't think that Fae is all that useful currently. Her low HP, dragon weakness, and the fact that she's green means that there are a bunch of common arena characters who can one-shot her.

ggx2ac

There's just no way they'd do a 6*. Besides spurning just about everybody who spent so much as a dime on the game, can you imagine the feather costs?

I quoted a picture that said that 5* units or higher can learn this skill. That pretty much confirms 6* units.

I even checked in-game and that's what the description says now for 4* units that haven't got their 5* weapon yet.

It'd probably take too long to get 200k feathers if that's what will be required for a 6* unit.

Whales are gonna whale, if people are crazy enough to drop hundreds for this game, surely they'll have no problem doing it again to stay ahead.

I'd prefer to not continue being exploited like that.

Can't say I understand this event at all. How do I get a higher rank? Higher multiplier?

Your score accumulates every time you win a match. There's no win streak to get like Arena. You get to do a match every 30 minutes.

If you spend banners, it increases your score. The higher score you get, the higher your rank which can earn you more feathers.

I'm saving my banners for the moment. I spent 120 already but realised Eirika is already going to win over Elise.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Spent 34 orbs or so on the princesses banner. Got a 4* Eirika, but she's -SPD, +RES T_T.... No 5*s at all either, since this account hates me as usual (still only the initial Takumi and my promoted Sharena). Oh well, going to save the rest for the Nino/Effie banner only to be disappointed.

emag

Spent the full stash of 100+ orbs hunting reds on the princess banner in the hopes of Lucina. Got a bunch of 3/4 star dupes (many Raigh and Henry), one 4* Tiki and one 5* Eirika. She's no Lucina, but she's definitely better than Eliwood and Laslow, my previous "best" reds.

Not sure which round of the event to spend all my flags on, though.

Level with me guys does -atk/+hp 5* Eirika fit into or replace anyone in my lineup.,,

5* Roy +spd/-res
5* Camilla +def/-spd
5* M Robin +Atk/-res
4* Effie +Atk/-spd can promote to 5*by the end of this event.

Is it worth dropping Camilla to go two red two blue? Or does Eirika's low Atk hurt her viability too much?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Not to sound cliche, but Sharena was my first promotion and I use her on every single team.

kswiston

Not to sound cliche, but Sharena was my first promotion and I use her on every single team.

I did M Robin first, but I think that she will be next. Her and Anna are 4* units, so I just need to save another 9.4k feathers to get Sharena to 5*

I am hoping that I can manage to do better in the arena going forward than the last two weeks. Last week I didn't even get a defense win (despite getting 5-10+ in the weeks before).

PMS341

Post a screenshot of your 4-star roster. I would go with Marth or Robin. I don't think that Fae is all that useful currently. Her low HP, dragon weakness, and the fact that she's green means that there are a bunch of common arena characters who can one-shot her.

Sure thing:

2qn8IZ2.jpg

Robin still needs a bit of training, but Marth is ready to go, so either or seems like a safe bet.

YES! Finally got Lucina! Drew a 5 star. I forgot to look at her stats before I leveled her up, but who cares. Now my team is

Robin 5* +sp -HP
Lucina 5*
Catria 4*
Camilla 4*

Next up, I'm on the lookout for Asura to replace Catria, and maybe I'll switch out Cammy at some point.

kswiston

Why are people suggesting to hold onto the flags? Aren't the rankings independent of who wins? It seems like you only get 500 feathers if your girl or guy win the battle. Most of the feathers are tied to ranking.

I'd say Marth so you can one shot some things. He will cut down most greens and will also be deadly to any dragons. That's a lot of flexibility.

He can also self-heal, which is useful for taking an extra hit or two on maps where can kite the enemy around obstacles.

I agree that Marth would be a good choice given that line up. Catria is pretty good at 4*. She is vulnerable to Takumi, but I think that she has fewer downsides than a 3-star F Corrin in Arena if that is the team that you have been using.

Mupod

The way flags work is weird. They are limited almost entirely by quest rewards so you need to try and figure out what the majority is going to do. Do I let everybody burn all their flags in round 1 and save them for the end? Or will the herd have figured that out by then? I guess the safe bet is to wait until near the end of the round then use them as necessary.

I'm still sitting on my feathers but she's still the frontrunner for my first promotion. If I hadn't drawn Lucina last night my only choices for this event would be her or Chrom. Thing is right now the only spot on my 4 man arena team is reserved for the bonus unit I need, so I'm in no rush to get another 5*.

Akuun

Level with me guys does -atk/+hp 5* Eirika fit into or replace anyone in my lineup.,,

5* Roy +spd/-res
5* Camilla +def/-spd
5* M Robin +Atk/-res
4* Effie +Atk/-spd can promote to 5*by the end of this event.

Is it worth dropping Camilla to go two red two blue? Or does Eirika's low Atk hurt her viability too much?
IMO Eirika's value is mostly in her ability to buff friendlies, not how well she stands toe to toe with others. So if you replaced your Camilla then she might make your other three guys really strong, while still being able to be serviceable in a fight if it comes to that.

It might be a solid team. Robin + Effie would form the spearhead of your team, with Eirika and Roy to take care of any greens who threaten them. Roy can also push Effie around for added mobility.

So I pulled a 5* Ephraim since I needed a good spear user badly...how good/trash is he?
He's pretty decent imo. He rarely doubles people due to low speed, but he hits reds pretty hard, and is usually survivable enough to not get oneshotted. I have a -atk Ephriam, and he still put in pretty good work in arena last week.

His friendly +atk buffs and enemy -def auras are pretty good too.

Bovine

Neo Member
I blew 100 orbs on the new banner and all I have to show for it is a new 5* Elise. Figured my luck was up after pulling 4 5* in 60 orbs prior. I was hoping for a better Lucina (mines -Atk +Def) or Eirika, but I can probably use my Lyn or Seliph as a sword, or promote my Marth.
I need to learn not blow through orbs that quickly...

I quoted a picture that said that 5* units or higher can learn this skill. That pretty much confirms 6* units.

I even checked in-game and that's what the description says now for 4* units that haven't got their 5* weapon yet.

It'd probably take too long to get 200k feathers if that's what will be required for a 6* unit.

I'm aware of what you quoted, but it reads like a cut-and-paste (See: "3* or higher", "4* or higher") and hesitate to take it as confirmation because of it. The backlash would be enormous if it actually happened.

kswiston

I'm still sitting on my feathers but she's still the frontrunner for my first promotion. If I hadn't drawn Lucina last night my only choices for this event would be her or Chrom. Thing is right now the only spot on my 4 man arena team is reserved for the bonus unit I need, so I'm in no rush to get another 5*.

You can pick whoever you want for the princes and princesses event.

Akuun

MRobin or Effie for 5* promotion? Both are +atk -def.

Rest of my team is mostly melee. Notables are Lucina and Nowi.

Miracle

I am with Lucina in the Gautlet and I'm wondering if there is a point in using my flags at the moment?

Is it possible that I can save them up for the next round or so?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom