• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVDRobo

Not entirely sure what's up with my luck today, but I decided to just throw my last 9 orbs in the wishing well and got a 5* Catria out of it on top of the 5* Ephraim I got earlier.

I'm mainly focusing on blues to try and get a Hinoka, so this resetting my chances isn't great. Still, 2 5 star units out of 14 orbs isn't a bad trade.

Blue-kun

Haven't played in the last few weeks, ever since they killed me by making Seliph super trash tier, but how's Eldigan holding up?

I need a FE4 representative other than Yuria...

Event is not very well designed. The amount of highly uneven matchup are high. Nobody should end up with 2 flyers they did not pick against Takumi and another bow user. Same for 3 of the same color against 3 of the advantaged color.

Roman

Haven't played in the last few weeks, ever since they killed me by making Seliph super trash tier, but how's Eldigan holding up?

I need a FE4 representative other than Yuria...

Seliph is not that bad and now available as a 4* drop. Eldigan has really high base stats due to Fury, but has to compete with other swords like Lucina.

They have added Olwen and Reinhardt from Jugdral to be fair.

Fireblend

Banned
This was a huge mistake.

Screenshot_20170307-105116.png

PMS341

Just pulled 4* Lilina and Camilla, not too bad. Really wish I would pull another 5*, but I suppose it is a matter of luck.

Not really sure where to pull from. The princes banner doesn't seem so hot and I already have Lucina (no bane/boon) which I'm pretty happy with.

Is it worth going with the sibling banner? I've got Sanaki out of it already

IMO Eirika's value is mostly in her ability to buff friendlies, not how well she stands toe to toe with others. So if you replaced your Camilla then she might make your other three guys really strong, while still being able to be serviceable in a fight if it comes to that.

It might be a solid team. Robin + Effie would form the spearhead of your team, with Eirika and Roy to take care of any greens who threaten them. Roy can also push Effie around for added mobility.

Yea it seems like it may work out. Feels wrong not to cover the triangle with a green, but when I think about my time using Camilla she basically kites around avoiding getting wrecked by all the red lords and Takumi.

Last question, with Eirika there to buff speed and attack would it be worthwhile to unequip triangle adept on Roy to maybe avoid getting one shotted by blues or will that happen regardless?

toneroni

had about 50 orbs, did one full pull and got jack.
Only pulled reds and backed out after every time.
Got a lot of CorrinM's but kep trying.
Ended up getting Eirika and Lucina on different pulls.

Not sure how I should set up my team.
Have Seliph, Camilla, Tak, Lyn, Roy, Linde (and like to use 4* Olivia occasionally)

Should I still upgrade 4* Nowi to 5? or wait a bit - only have 24k feathers and not sure where I'd use her.

Mupod

Event is not very well designed. The amount of highly uneven matchup are high. Nobody should end up with 2 flyers they did not pick against Takumi and another bow user. Same for 3 of the same color against 3 of the advantaged color.

it seems very advantageous to go in with a low level as your lead. My level 20 Lucina has been carried by my friend's level 40 - I seem to get the same friend character every time, possibly because he's at the top of my list. I still get the same points for a win as everyone else, and it's impossible to lose.

Blue-kun

Seliph is not that bad and now available as a 4* drop. Eldigan has really high base stats due to Fury, but has to compete with other swords like Lucina.

They have added Olwen and Reinhardt from Jugdral to be fair.

Oh, I do have Seliph as a 5*, it's just... yeah. I don't think the skill they gave him really makes up for the terrible speed stat.

Good to know about Olwen and Reinhardt though. Might have to give it a go again~

Any idea?

Fae seems like she is not worth the investment at this point. And Tiki is not winning any speed battles even with +spd so would probably take the +Atk.

Edit: Reinhardt is pretty crazy. Just got him on my team in the voting gauntlet and he one shot all three characters.

I have both but on separate accounts. The account I have Reinhardt on is really fun as I have Eldigan and Gunter and Goad Calvary is a really cool passive skill to play around with.

It really depends on how deadly Takumi is to those other characters of yours as Robin can solo him and offer himself to him as bait. Reinhardt can't. Maybe your Hector solves that problem for you though? The upside to Reinhardt is that he actually has OHKO potential with double attack and AOE trigger. Both attacks happen prior to the enemy's action as well. His downside is that he has the lowest speed in the game meaning he is going to get doubled on defense a lot, so placement matters a lot.

So if you have a Takumi counter outside of Robin I'd say go with Reinhardt to increase your one shot capabilities.
Thanks for the answer. I think I'm keeping Reinhard. Like you said, ohko potential and he's a ton of fun:)

Alkez

When you fuse units that have already had units fused into them, do the + values transfer?

As in if I have Robin +2, and I fuse him into Robin +1, will I get Robin +3 (or is it 4 lol)? Or will those + values be lost?

Anyone know the answer to this? I rolled a couple of dupes and I'm unsure if I can fuse them now or if I should wait till I ones with better IVs and then fuse them all into that one.

Pejo

Did a pull on the Prince banner since I'm sitting at 20 orbs and pulling is the only engaging mechanic for me in this game at the moment.

Got 4 3* dupes in a row, followed by a new 5* Ephraim. Not bad.

Didn't check his nature yet, but I dig it.

Squarehard

Anyone know the answer to this? I rolled a couple of dupes and I'm unsure if I can fuse them now or if I should wait till I ones with better IVs and then fuse them all into that one.

No, the merge bonuses don't transfer over. It acts as a single bonus, just as if it didn't have any + on the hero you use to fuse.

kswiston

I go in with a level 6 Eirika. This forces the matchmaking to choose low opponents. My friend unit can usually solo the map.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Yea it seems like it may work out. Feels wrong not to cover the triangle with a green, but when I think about my time using Camilla she basically kites around avoiding getting wrecked by all the red lords and Takumi.

Last question, with Eirika there to buff speed and attack would it be worthwhile to unequip triangle adept on Roy to maybe avoid getting one shotted by blues or will that happen regardless?
I'm pretty sure triangle adept only affects how much damage you do and not how much you take. I could be wrong though.

Draxal

Kl thanks. Guess I'll wait till I get favourable IVs then.

He's actually wrong, I think he got confused with switching from four stars to five stars.

But if I were to feed my plus one five star Eirika into a brand new five star Eirika, the new Eirika would be plus two.

I'm pretty sure triangle adept only affects how much damage you do and not how much you take. I could be wrong though.

Oh it definitely works both ways. Roy with triangle adept wrecks greens and gets OHKO'd by blues. That's why I am contemplating the idea of unequipping it and letting Eirika buff him instead or equip a lower version of it.

Durden77

Literally my very first summon from the banner. Haha. Pretty much the character I wanted the most in the game. Sweet!

He's..

HP 22
ATK 25
SPD 6
DEF 6
RES 4

Is that good?

Also I got 4* Camilla in the same summon. Her little into to her summon was hype. Is she good?

Kuga

I'm tempted to spend some of the ~200 orbs I've accumulated over the past couple banners and events on the new Princesses banner.

The problem is that I already have Eirika and Lucina. They don't have great IVs (Eirika is +HP / -RES and Lucina is +DEF / -HP) though, and I thought it might be a good opportunity to try and pull for better IVs and get bonus stats via merging to boot.

He's..

HP 22
ATK 25
SPD 6
DEF 6
RES 4

Is that good?
Looks like +HP / -DEF. That's pretty average.

Also I got 4* Camilla in the same summon. Her little into to her summon was hype. Is she good?

Camilla is good at 5* if she has a +atk boon/IV. However, in Arena she isn't used because (1) Arena is full of red sword lords and (2) Brave weapon users have lower stat totals than normal (to compensate for attacking twice or four times), meaning that she will provide a lower arena score than non-brave green units.

Kenai

Spent like 30 orbs fishing for Lucina. Didn't get her, but got a 4+ MCorrin, two Roys, Olivia and Tharja. Pretty happy about Tharja since i didn't have her *and* I really wanted her, and there's some buildup on the banner for a 5*. I'll have to check her nature later before I decide to commit though.

I might start saving for more blue/green favorable banners. My blue spread isn;t too bad (only Eiphraim at 5* but several viable 4s), but my only good green unit is Fae, and while I think she's good the meta does not favor her. After 5* reset though.

TetsujinZ

Got very lucky on the princess banner and pulled Eirika, Roy, and Lucina in about 40 orbs.

Lucina is -SPD +ATK tho... is this bad or decent/viable? Most comments I've seen indicate that speed boon is best for her.

Draxal

Got very lucky on the princess banner and pulled Eirika, Roy, and Lucina in about 40 orbs.

Lucina is -SPD +ATK tho... is this bad or decent/viable? Most comments I've seen indicate that speed boon is best for her.

In most cases plus speed is the best with ATK being behind it. It can change if a character is closer to being an ohko char such as a buffed Nino. Lucina is not one of those cases and a plus speed will make it so she's almost never doubled.

As a result the worst banes are SPD and ATT. However, a minus SPD Lucina ain't the end of the world.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Bonus characters changed today.

Shit, the bonus characters matter that much?! I had no idea.

Edit: The fact that they don't include the names of units in the arena bonus screen is just stupid. I don't know any of these people are. Yes, I will look them up, but still!

Zafir

Yeah, I did two tries earlier today.

First time I got three reds against 2 blues that we just couldn't do shit against.

Second time I got two Takumis and a Red. Against a ridiculously strong Robin, a Nino, and I think another ranged unit, on the island map which made it difficult for me to even get my Red unit in range to attack them. Safe to say I lost. The Robin alone could have probably just done the trick really!

I stopped playing there. I'll give it another shot I'm sure, but it just seems really poorly designed in terms of balanced teams.

Mupod

I still gotta grind up Lucina and Sully before I can jump into arena. It's kind of nice having Lucina at low level for the event, but my -atk Lyn has been dragging me down long enough.

TetsujinZ

In most cases plus speed is the best with ATK being behind it. It can change if a character is closer to being an ohko char such as a buffed Nino. Lucina is not one of those cases and a plus speed will make it so she's almost never doubled.

As a result the worst banes are SPD and ATT. However, a minus SPD Lucina ain't the end of the world.

Cool, thanks. To be honest I am just stoked to have a Lucina, regardless of the IV.

Mupod

a -spd lucina is still faster and way better than most characters, honestly.

I'm happy mine came out +hp -res, I keep a spreadsheet of my character natures and SO many of mine are -atk or -spd I swear I'm cursed.

Out of this banner pull, the only notable pulls were:
2x 5* Erika
1x 4* Erika
1x 5* Chrom
1x 5* Marth (ironically he was from the Princess pull)

...and a bunch of other 3* & 4*s.

Weebos

Banned
Does Female Robin not have a nature?

Trying to figure out mine for the new Arena, but even at 4 star there seems to be no indication.

Wichu

Wasted far too many orbs on the new banners today and bought an orb pack for the first time. Only one 5* from over 160 orbs (I stopped when my 5* chance reset) :(

I guess this evens out the luck I had at the beginning (four 5*s in my first 40 orbs). Hopefully I'll be luckier on the next one.

EDIT: +Def -HP. Could've been worse, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom