• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxal

I wonder what's the best skill to replace resistance +3 on Nino is. Close Counter is the same slot but I don't think she can take hits anyway and it might not be transferrable.

Edit: Maybe Life and Death, she's already so squishy lol.

Fury is the best skill for almost every unit.

Gotchaye

This is the first week that I haven't had a 5* bonus unit. I got a terrible -Atk 4* Sully up to level 37 and it's painful. She's blue with swordbreaker and she still can't take on a red lord.

let's see if I translate this right... too sleepy atm
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/839373457896792064
-can transfer up to 3 skills from 1 hero simultaneously
-skill transferred comes unlearned
-need 1.5 SP required for the transferred skills
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/839373711534772224
-special weapon like falchion cannot be transferred
-some limitation might applied depending on character movement/weapon type

Ready. :|
WWvAwEx.png

Wonder if I can give Glacies or Vengeance to a healer. Already planning on Hone Cavalry and Fury if possible for some FURIOUS HEALS. lol

Mupod

Team Elise here. Only benefit of being at the bottom is that it's easy to rank high in the points rank without doing anything.

yeah, the Lucina zerg is burning its flags like crazy. I used 100 early on so I'm around 12,500 points but at this rate I'm still going to fall into the 100k rank. Just gonna save the rest of mine for the final.

Ninferno

on that subject, if skill inheritance carries over the star level requirements, then Hinata is gonna become one of the most wanted characters for infusion. He learns Fury 3 at 4*.

Holly shit. Just realized that too; now I regret sending the numerous 3* Hinatas home.... I should have gotten Fury 3 on all of my 4 mains:(

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
But the folks that picked Lucina are going to have a very hard time getting ranked at all right? It's all about the feathers :).

Hate to sound like a broken record but I'm at 20k as well and I'm itching for that 5*. Sharena seems like the obvious pick but I also have a pretty beast FemCorrin that's been holding it down against the many reds of arena. Team is the 4 up top in the link. I also have a 4* Kagero and Nowi as well.

Sharena: +SPD -res
Corrin: +res -spd
Nowi: +SPD -res
Kagero: +HP - atk(sadly)

http://imgur.com/a/ZGa2i

Sharena is always neutral btw. It depends on your team btw. Without that info, honestly Sharena, Nowi or Corrin may be good picks. I think Corrin's -Spd might hurt her in the long run though, so probably one of the other 2.

Ekid

This is the first week that I haven't had a 5* bonus unit. I got a terrible -Atk 4* Sully up to level 37 and it's painful. She's blue with swordbreaker and she still can't take on a red lord.
I privileged my 3*Jagen over my 4*Sully and he is so bad I can't level him up in the tower correctly. He can only kill red mage and healer basically.

Mupod

I've noticed that the 'friend' unit it gives me is almost always the same. I have only ever manually added two people, my friend who got me into the game (curse him) and one person from this thread. So I wonder if it's prioritizing them. It's definitely giving me my friend's Lucina, we checked the stats. The other unit I tend to get is a Julia who has come in handy many times. Maybe it's just picking who is at the top of the friends list?

This week is rough for me as well. On my more mature account the only bonus character I have is F Robin who can't kill anything even with Eirika buffing her. So I'm over here playing four dimensional chess maneuvering everyone seeing where I can sneak hits in while the AI is playing checkers.

On my other account I have good bonus characters, but I am still trying to level people up.

Gotchaye

But the folks that picked Lucina are going to have a very hard time getting ranked at all right? It's all about the feathers :).

Assuming that every hero's army is using flags in more-or-less the same way, it appears that about 1/3 of people are on Team Lucina right now. I say this because I'm rank 15k in that team and rank 46k overall. It's true that you get fewer feathers when you're on a more popular team, but you also win more rounds. The average team other than Lucina's will have about 30% as many people as hers. The average winning team in the first round will have somewhat more than that. I'm not sure if there's a round 1 match where both heroes are significantly less popular than the average non-Lucina. Possibly Ephraim vs Leo?

Someone with my score on Team Alphonse would presumably be something like top 5k. But note that I get 500 extra feathers for Lucina beating Sharena. So my top 30k position is still getting me 100 feathers more in total, and only 100 less even if that score is sufficient for top 1k on Team Alphonse. If you're not competing for top 1k or 5k on whatever loser team you're on then you're definitely better off on Team Lucina.

The feather-maximizing strategy was probably to go with the most popular hero on the left side of the bracket, so that you pocket 1000 feathers from round wins before getting crushed in the final. Chrom, I assume, though maybe Japanese people like Ephraim. That gives you three rounds on a somewhat less popular team to make up the 500 feather loss in the finals. You probably do okay picking someone who's going to get knocked out in the semis - you can just switch to Lucina for the final anyway.

Also note that it will get harder and harder to get a good in-army rank as the rounds go on, because with fewer heroes there will be more people per hero. Let's say that your rank is multiplied by 1.5 each round, figuring that 1/3 of people sided with losing heroes. This makes it very hard to place in later rounds, and since the difference between a 10k-30k finish and a >100k finish is only 400 feathers, being on the winning team after round 1 is huge. Lucina needs to have 10x as many people as the other hero in the finals in order for the typical person on the other team to compete in feathers.

Edit: I've just talked myself into spending more than a proportional share of flags on round 1 to try to get top 10k, since it's going to be a lot harder to place well in later rounds.

Bovine

Neo Member
I had 40 orbs, and got myself all hyped up to try to get Eirika or Lucina. I ended up pulling a 5 star Leo. Wrong banner -_-. I guess now all I need is a 5 star Xander (whenever he becomes available) and I would have the full Nohr sibling 5 star collection. Don't hype yourself up guys.

Assuming that every hero's army is using flags in more-or-less the same way, it appears that about 1/3 of people are on Team Lucina right now. I say this because I'm rank 15k in that team and rank 46k overall. It's true that you get fewer feathers when you're on a more popular team, but you also win more rounds. The average team other than Lucina's will have about 30% as many people as hers. The average winning team in the first round will have somewhat more than that. I'm not sure if there's a round 1 match where both heroes are significantly less popular than the average non-Lucina. Possibly Ephraim vs Leo?

Someone with my score on Team Alphonse would presumably be something like top 5k. But note that I get 500 extra feathers for Lucina beating Sharena. So my top 30k position is still getting me 100 feathers more in total, and only 100 less even if that score is sufficient for top 1k on Team Alphonse. If you're not competing for top 1k or 5k on whatever loser team you're on then you're definitely better off on Team Lucina.

The feather-maximizing strategy was probably to go with the most popular hero on the left side of the bracket, so that you pocket 1000 feathers from round wins before getting crushed in the final. Chrom, I assume, though maybe Japanese people like Ephraim. That gives you three rounds on a somewhat less popular team to make up the 500 feather loss in the finals. You probably do okay picking someone who's going to get knocked out in the semis - you can just switch to Lucina for the final anyway.

Also note that it will get harder and harder to get a good in-army rank as the rounds go on, because with fewer heroes there will be more people per hero. Let's say that your rank is multiplied by 1.5 each round, figuring that 1/3 of people sided with losing heroes. This makes it very hard to place in later rounds, and since the difference between a 10k-30k finish and a >100k finish is only 400 feathers, being on the winning team after round 1 is huge. Lucina needs to have 10x as many people as the other hero in the finals in order for the typical person on the other team to compete in feathers.

Edit: I've just talked myself into spending more than a proportional share of flags on round 1 to try to get top 10k, since it's going to be a lot harder to place well in later rounds.

See, what complicates your analysis is that people might have burned through too many flags and/or are saving them for the final, meaning the semis might actually be the best opportunity.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
How good is merging heroes? I got a dupe Lucina and I think she has a poor IV, though I don't remember exactly what she has.

Is it worth merging her into my totally neutral IV Lucina, or should I keep the dupe in case I ever want to do some sort of silly double Lucina team?

ccbfan

Is it better to rank up a level 20 character or fully level the character to 40 and then rank them.

My main concern is skills points, will I have less skill points if I rank up at 20 than at 40.

Gotchaye

See, what complicates your analysis is that people might have burned through too many flags and/or are saving them for the final, meaning the semis might actually be the best opportunity.

Mainly I figure that some people are doing each of these things. An important consideration for the ranking systems in this game is that Nintendo was clearly not expecting as many players as they got. There are many more than 100k players on Team Lucina alone. A relatively small number of people who hold their feathers for the final make it basically impossible to place well in the final unless you do the same thing, so competing for placement in the final is probably a mistake. It's true that possibly some people got overexcited and used a lot of flags in the first round. But by the same token it's possible that people will burn extra flags in the semis because that's when they'll notice that it's much harder to place than it was in the first round because suddenly they're on teams with many more people. So I suspect it's basically a wash. My current plan is to spend about half of my flags in each of the first two rounds.

Akuun

Is it better to rank up a level 20 character or fully level the character to 40 and then rank them.

My main concern is skills points, will I have less skill points if I rank up at 20 than at 40.
It's not really a big deal because you always end up with more skill points than you need, even if you don't level to 40 before ranking up. I've never seen a case where I hit 40 before maxing out all of a unit's skills.

Your character continues to get SP on kills even after hitting level 40 too, so even if you do hit 40 before buying everything, you should be able to afford everything eventually.

Mupod

It's not really a big deal because you always end up with more skill points than you need, even if you don't level to 40 before ranking up. I've never seen a case where I hit 40 before maxing out all of a unit's skills.

Your character continues to get SP on kills even after hitting level 40 too, so even if you do hit 40 before buying everything, you should be able to afford everything eventually.

some of my 5* units needed more SP after maxing. Lucina and Lyn both have 500SP skills, specifically. But I don't think I even want Aether, it takes 5 turns and the healing would rarely be more useful than simply being able to do that big hit more often.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

Shouldn't be a problem for the vast majority of characters. Plus even if you're short on SP when at lvl 40 5*, you get SP for killing enemies (like 3 or so per enemy) in the worst case. I have plenty of characters with tons of leftover SP.

Akuun

some of my 5* units needed more SP after maxing. Lucina and Lyn both have 500SP skills, specifically. But I don't think I even want Aether, it takes 5 turns and the healing would rarely be more useful than simply being able to do that big hit more often.
Oh. But you were able to get SP after hitting 40 just from kills, right?

And you're right about Aether. I bought Aether on my Lucina, but eventually swapped back to her 3-turn ability because most matches are over before she fights 5 times anyway.

If I wanted healing, I can usually just stall and let Falchion regen her.

ccbfan

Thanks.

Didn't know about gaining SP even after 40 (Probably because SP currently is not an issue at all since you can easily buy every skill with the SP).

Speaking of which I have 0 blue characters or magic characters and about to rank up M Robin. Is he worth it?

Mupod

Oh. But you were able to get SP after hitting 40 just from kills, right?

And you're right about Aether. I bought Aether on my Lucina, but eventually swapped back to her 3-turn ability because most matches are over before she fights 5 times anyway.

If I wanted healing, I can usually just stall and let Falchion regen her.

of course. I have units with thousands of SP from kills and nothing to use it on yet. Robin will probably get my first skill inheritance because he's rolling in SP due to carrying me through every single arena match.

Pejo

Sorry to be late to this party, but can someone link me a description of this event and what I have to do? I just see memes everywhere about beating Lucina but I'm not even sure how any of it works.

PK Gaming

Skill inheritance is going to turn arena into chaos

It's even worse than I thought, lol. Since even weapons will be inheritable, the rich get richer and bad characters stay losing. There already wasn't much of a reason to use Odin, but now he's just total fodder for characters like Linde.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
How's a +Spd, -Res Linde btw?
Also -Atk, +Def Eirika? Looks like Eirika would get a whopping 30 DEF o_O.... so she becomes a tanky support unit? 39 ATK is kind of crappy though.

My alt accounts have a lot of luck. My main account has like none lol (haven't pulled a single 5* since +Att Takumi in my starting roll).

Also I think this account needs some more red swords right?
</sarcasm>
Seriously though what does this account need? I presume a good green or colorless right? Would Anna work?

Ninferno

I assume losing team people get to re-pick in the next round. I wouldn't be suprised if everyone repicked every round.

It is said in the event description that You can join other winnings team if your team has lost; you can't if your team has won. Makes perfect sense though.

kewlmyc

So Arena is just going to turn into "Lets see how many broken skills combinations we can put on Takumi, Lucina, and Lyn" isn't it?

Wish I managed to get some with a counter or vantage. Maybe I'll just train my 3* Hinata to get Fury off of him.

Mupod

I'm definitely holding on to my feathers until we know more about inheritance.

Also i just pictured a -spd +atk Effie with a Brave Lance. Jesus christ how horrifying.

Ninferno

My alt accounts have a lot of luck. My main account has like none lol (haven't pulled a single 5* since +Att Takumi in my starting roll).

</sarcasm>

Seriously though what does this account need? I presume a good green or colorless right? Would Anna work?

That Linde is really good. +Atk - Res is probably the best but +Spd -Res could be a close second just to make sure she ORKO even the faster red lords.

That Eirika isn't ideal like you have said but she's likely just a buff bot for you anyway (given that you already have Lucina who is way superior combat wise) so you might as well enjoy her improved survivability for perfect arena runs.

You just need Nino to make you life complete.

Akuun

Also -Atk, +Def Eirika? Looks like Eirika would get a whopping 30 DEF o_O.... so she becomes a tanky support unit? 39 ATK is kind of crappy though.

</sarcasm>

I imagine Linde would be great with +Spd since she already has high speed to begin with. She'll probably double everyone and other people would struggle to double her.

Not sure about Eirika, but she's probably still useful since her main value is in her buffing other units rather than fighting herself.

I really want a Linde :(

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Really good. +Atk - Res is probably the best but +Spd -Res could be a close second just to make sure she ORKO even the faster red lords.

I imagine Linde would be great with +Spd since she already has high speed to begin with. She'll probably double everyone and other people would struggle to double her.

Not sure about Eirika, but she's probably still useful since her main value is in her buffing other units rather than fighting herself.

I really want a Linde :(

Thanks folks! Hopefully you'll get one Akuun!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So Arena is just going to turn into "Lets see how many broken skills combinations we can put on Takumi, Lucina, and Lyn" isn't it?

Wish I managed to get some with a counter or vantage. Maybe I'll just train my 3* Hinata to get Fury off of him.

I haven't been following inheritance stuff - can we gift certain skills to other characters, e.g., can I gave Lucinda Hector's range counter-attack? That would be... pretty crazy.

Ninferno

I privileged my 3*Jagen over my 4*Sully and he is so bad I can't level him up in the tower correctly. He can only kill red mage and healer basically.

I've actually upgraded my Jagen to 4* just for the arena. Arena bonus characters are there to stay for 2 weeks, and the stats differences between 3* and 4* Jagen is quite significant (he gets Furry 2 at 4*). With 3* Jagen my perfect run score would be just below 4500, there's a really dangerous place to be if you want to break the top 10K rank. With 4* Jagen I should be safe to stay within top 10K. That's 500 difference in feathers rewards. For 2 weeks that adds up to 1000. So I basically recoup 50% of my investment right away. Plus I will probably upgrade him to 5* in the future anyway just to inherit Furry 3.

Yes, he's not easy to train, mostly feeding on red mages and healers like you said (he can also take on red swords though, if you have a healer to babysit him during tower training). However, I find his Fortify Res 2 also quite valuable to my Nino during arena battles so I actually will not complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom