• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxal

I haven't been following inheritance stuff - can we gift certain skills to other characters, e.g., can I gave Lucinda Hector's range counter-attack? That would be... pretty crazy.

You could give it to her, but ranged counter works so well for hector because he's a giant stat stick.

By giving Lucina fury +3 to all stats except for HP and lose six health you turn Lucina into a stat stick.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Ryoma is pretty much that, isn't he?

Well I'm just trying to understand how it works in general (and yeah, Ryoma has ranged counter as a red sword). I'm asking if we can gift Hector's "Distant Counter" skill to someone else. I'm guessing yes, since it is not tied to a weapon.

Shinypogs

Hmm I wonder if swordbreaker will be locked to lance users or if I could get it on my fem corrin assuming it's not in the same slot as seal resistance. I'm never gonna be a high end player so I may as well have fun messing around with my main team instead of trying to make the gods the meta says is best.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Well I'm just trying to understand how it works in general (and yeah, Ryoma has ranged counter as a red sword). I'm asking if we can gift Hector's "Distant Counter" skill to someone else. I'm guessing yes, since it is not tied to a weapon.
Ah, okay. Sorry if I sounded confrontational. I just got a Ryoma and he honestly feels like Lucina with Distant Counter to me so far.

I think you're right about the skills. It would make sense that passing skills would work but weapons won't, since most people have their own signature weapons.

Whizkid7

You know, Hana seems like another decent choice for skill transfer - Life & Death 3 (but at 5*) and for tanks Obstruct seems like it could be useful too. I've probably got a bunch of her too...

C6aiyJYXQAYHEd-.jpg

Team Eirika can we at least have our pride? Lighten up a bit...

So in checking these IVs out, I got a +HP - Def Linde, +Res -HP Lucina, +HP - Atk Takumi (ugh), and a + Atk - Def Camilla. Also have a +Def -Atk Seliph, a +Spd -Atk Eirika, and a +Res -Def Tiki(Y) as all of my 5*.

What do I need? I feel like I have a lot of -Atk.

kewlmyc

It's depressing really. Damn you to hell, cyan hair colored incest siblings.

I'm definitely holding on to my feathers until we know more about inheritance.

Also i just pictured a -spd +atk Effie with a Brave Lance. Jesus christ how horrifying.

YOOOOO. I decided that's what I'm doing. I don't use my 5* Cordelia anyway

I like how having a level 10 Narcian was allowing me to fight teams that were allowing me to place around 48 000 in rank. My level 30 Jagen is useless and now I am put against teams that my own have no answer to, again and again. Always the same kind of team, always with a huge advantage over mine. For the first time I can't reach a 7 win streak. I dislike how their algorithm does not make too much sense and sometimes it will advantage your current team greatly and sometimes it will fuck you over.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

It's depressing really. Damn you to hell, cyan hair colored incest siblings.
I hate they made them so incestuous in this game T_T... I liked them a lot in Sacred Stones, and both of the character's artwork is actually good in this game.

Lol, you say that when Lucina is leading Sharena 3B to 1.3B.... They're probably competing in the rankings for feathers. If you just stop, your ranking will drop.

kewlmyc

I hate they made them so incestuous in this game T_T... I liked them a lot in Sacred Stones, and both of the character's artwork is actually good in this game.

Lol, you say that when Lucina is leading Sharena 3B to 1.3B.... They're probably competing in the rankings for feathers. If you just stop, your ranking will drop.

If we're allowed to pick another team after our gets knocked out, I'm going Team Lucina just for the free 500 feathers.

Wiseblade

After team Sharena is nobly defeated, I'm going to find the worst team and pick them. Getting a top 1000 rank on a losing team is worth more feathers than being contributor 150,000 on a winning team.

kewlmyc

I think everyone will be team Lucina. Don't see how she can lose tbh.

Spite from the other side if people are allowed to switch sides after they lose. I can see Eirika getting smashed, then everyone on her team moving over to her brother's team out of spite for the finals.

Lucina will still win since Japan adores her.

Mupod

spite is one thing but people are just going to switch in order to get guaranteed rewards. The Lucina zerg is just going to keep snowballing.

Weebos

Banned
They're not anymore incestuous here than they were in FE8 (which is to say, not very)

Yeah, I have Ephraim, and aside from that joke in the paralogue I don't think they're leaning into incest with these two.

That said, I don't have Eirika, maybe her dialog is more in that direction.

Roman

Current standings (2 hours ago):

#1 Lucina 3,503,623,688
#2 Sharena 1,338,515,813
#3 Eirika 1,321,266,782
#4 Ephraim 1,232,088,744
#5 Chrom 968,876,948
#6 Leo 960,663,377
#7 Elise 489,131,339
#8 Alfonse 255,544,885
Total 10,069,711,576

I hope they double the stretch goal again since we've still reached the highest one in round one.

Toezilla

Neo Member
Ok, I need some help! I don't know if I missed something or if I'm experiencing some sort of bug, but since the latest arena reset my potential point totals have been reduced significantly.

I'm getting 320 points for a flawless win with all level 40 5* characters in advanced matches .... Last week I was getting about 644 with the same team.

What the heck is going on?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Those numbers explain why Alfonse is getting wrecked by Chrom right now. I didn't know that Alfonse was in last place.

As for the arena stuff, I think the game changed their pool of bonus characters. So if your team had a bonus character last week, that character isn't giving you a bonus anymore.

Roman

Ok, I need some help! I don't know if I missed something or if I'm experiencing some sort of bug, but since the latest arena reset my potential point totals have been reduced significantly.

I'm getting 320 points for a flawless win with all level 40 5* characters in advanced matches .... Last week I was getting about 644 with the same team.

Are you using any of the new bonus heroes?

this_weeks_bonus_heroes.png

Meier

Another 5 pull with no 5* heroes. So frustrating. I did get Kagero though and she is serious waifu material. Wow.

Olivia too which is nice. Love that extra move ability.

Ekid

I decided to simply use all my flags in this round, as I don't want to check my phone every 30m at work for 4 more days.
After using them all I'm currently ranked #3 on Eirika team and #150 overall. I will lose 500 feathers when Lucina will roll over Eirika but since I don't have her I may have not been abler to enter top 1000 without the 10% bonus.

kewlmyc

They're not anymore incestuous here than they were in FE8 (which is to say, not very)

My only interaction with them have been in the Paralogues in FEH, and the first thought that popped into my head after finishing their paralogues is "They wanna fuck don't they?".

Mostly playing it up for humor, but it felt that their entire characters revolved around "oh dear sibling" and nearly every other line had them mentioning their sibling. Seliph and Julia's dialogue came off as much more natural, or at least compared to Ephraim and Eirika.

My only interaction with them have been in the Paralogues in FEH, and the first thought that popped into my head after finishing their paralogues is "They wanna fuck don't they?".

Mostly playing it up for humor, but it felt that their entire characters revolved around "oh dear sibling" and nearly every other line had them mentioning their sibling. Seliph and Julia's dialogue came off as much more natural, or at least compared to Ephraim and Eirika.

Minor Genealogy spoilers?

Seliph and Julia are only half-siblings and only just met during the start of Gen 2 of Genealogy. Canonically, they have feelings at first, but they die down when they realise they're related.

Meanwhile Eirika and Ephraim have been close since childhood and I'm pretty sure their "closer than normal" relationship is a big in-joke, even with the devs.

You need to use one of the seasons bonus heroes. It doubles your points. If you don't have one of them... well, you're out of luck.

kswiston

You need to use one of the seasons bonus heroes. It doubles your points. If you don't have one of them... well, you're out of luck.

They usually include a few that are easy to get. It's better to take a weak bonus character and lose 1-2 units a round than it is to get flawless victories without the bonus.

I think a 1 character left standing victory at double points is worth more than a flawless victory without the bonus.

Achtius

I don't really want Lucina, but with the skill inheritance, I feel like I need her to be competitive. Lucina with vantage D:

Draxal

Was talking on discord about this, but I really like this event.

I honestly like three versus three in these small maps more then four and four.

Gotchaye

I don't really want Lucina, but with the skill inheritance, I feel like I need her to be competitive. Lucina with vantage D:

I'm not sure. Does this really get you more flawless Arena wins? She's in the odd position of being really fragile but also rarely able to one-shot things. It's true that she'll often have Luna ready after a round of combat, but I don't feel like my Lucina is often in a situation where Vantage would do a lot for me. My sense is that the more valuable B skills for a hero like her are: the offensive Desperation, which triggers after you've let something attack into her to open the fight; Drag Back, which gives you distance from the rest of their team after you kill one; and maybe even Renewal, which means you're getting +10 HP at the start of turns 3, 4, and 5, and +20 on turn 7 if it stacks with Falchion (this pairs especially well with Fury).

Granted, Lucina with Vantage is much harder for a human-controlled red lord to beat, since the usual strategy with a hero who can survive one round is to let her attack first. On the other hand Drag Back is also going to be worth a ton of defense wins. That said I have a ton of Lon'qus so I'll probably be experimenting with Vantage on a bunch of heroes.

Edit: Okay, actually a situation that comes up from time to time is that Lucina can kill something but if she does she'll be hurt and in range of a dragon that she could kill in one shot (Tikis, or maybe Nowi with Luna up). Vantage would help with this.

Achtius

I'm not sure. Does this really get you more flawless Arena wins? She's in the odd position of being really fragile but also rarely able to one-shot things. It's true that she'll often have Luna ready after a round of combat, but I don't feel like my Lucina is often in a situation where Vantage would do a lot for me. My sense is that the more valuable B skills for a hero like her are: the offensive Desperation, which triggers after you've let something attack into her to open the fight; Drag Back, which gives you distance from the rest of their team after you kill one; and maybe even Renewal, which means you're getting +10 HP at the start of turns 3, 4, and 5, and +20 on turn 7 if it stacks with Falchion (this pairs especially well with Fury).

Granted, Lucina with Vantage is much harder for a human-controlled red lord to beat, since the usual strategy with a hero who can survive one round is to let her attack first. On the other hand Drag Back is also going to be worth a ton of defense wins. That said I have a ton of Lon'qus so I'll probably be experimenting with Vantage on a bunch of heroes.

Not sure what's the limitation with skill inheritance but imagine drag back AND vantage :p

But with Vantage, you can attack first and finish them off when they attack you. And due to her high attack, vantage should finish off any green or red.

I am probably going to save my orbs for Ike tho.

edit: i feel with vantage you can be more proactive in making the first move, and desperation she becomes a killing machine after her hp is below the threshold.

mikemandey

Linde vs Nino. Which is better in arena?

What I heard, with buffer(s) in the team, Nino is better? Never used her before but since I have Eirika I'm weighing between those two.

Draxal

Edit: Okay, actually a situation that comes up from time to time is that Lucina can kill something but if she does she'll be hurt and in range of a dragon that she could kill in one shot (Tikis, or maybe Nowi with Luna up). Vantage would help with this.

It helps a ton with mirror matches.

Usually a lucy will two hit each other but they each only have one attack each due to speed being the same.

So what you normally do is let the other lucy engage first then kill them on your turn. This tactic won't work anymore due to vantage.

Gotchaye

It helps a ton with mirror matches.

Usually a lucy will two hit each other but they each only have one attack each due to speed being the same.

So what you normally do is let the other lucy engage first then kill them on your turn. This tactic won't work anymore due to vantage.

I agree, which is why I said this too. This is only a consideration when you're defending, though, and like I said I expect that Drag Back is a similarly huge pain to deal with.

Now, something that Vantage lets you do on offense is pull off a fighting retreat. You can let them initiate on you and then back away so that they charge into you again. I was expecting this to be more useful than it has turned out to be with Anna; I just don't find it an appealing option most of the time, and anyway you get some of the same effect with Drag Back.

PK Gaming

Yeah, I have Ephraim, and aside from that joke in the paralogue I don't think they're leaning into incest with these two.

That said, I don't have Eirika, maybe her dialog is more in that direction.

Her's are about the same. There's a bit of her referencing her brother, but her character is more or less in line with how she was in FE8.

That's a bit of a stretch. Ephraim is really gung ho about their bond, and Eirika chides him for it, but that's pretty much their entire character in the paralogues. At no point does Eirika remotely imply she wants to smash her brother, and Ephraim is just over the top in showing off how close they are (again, the "disgusting" line was added in the localization). He doesn't even mention her in his level 40 dialogue.

I also wouldn't say that Seliph and Julia have a more natural relationship either, since they're going for something different. They're not as intimate with each other due to circumstance, and it shows.

For arena offense, why not give Lucina Quick Riposte instead? Gels a bit better with Falchion's innate Renewal 2, I think, and changes her 2RKOs into ORKOs.

champloo

For arena offense, why not give Lucina Quick Riposte instead? Gels a bit better with Falchion's innate Renewal 2, I think, and changes her 2RKOs into ORKOs.

Quick Riposte is a great skill on many units, it let's you kill on the bait, part of the reason why Hector is so good.. with skill inheritance there are so many possibilities, I also like Desperation on her, it works well with Defiant Speed.

Nintendo wasn't satisfied with your sacrifice.

Give more!

I wish I could whale.

But I feel like gambling when I don't have a super reliable income is the best choice, so I'll have to leave my offerings at $40.

I'll give them more when the Gaiden remake comes out.

EDIT: In other news, half my units are red now.

fester

Banned
Same here.

It's a marathon, not a sprint. Use those flags wisely!

Feeling stupid here, even after reading the wiki entry on this event and a number of comments..what is the mechanic that I'm missing here? When is the optimal time to be spending flags?

Quick Riposte is a great skill on many units, it let's you kill on the bait, part of the reason why Hector is so good.. with skill inheritance there are so many possibilities, I also like Desperation on her, it works well with Defiant Speed.

Poor Lyn would get beat at her own thing if Lucina got Desperation. lol Suppose you could give Lyn Escape Route for some warp shenanigans though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom