• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxal

Quick Riposte is a great skill on many units, it let's you kill on the bait, part of the reason why Hector is so good.. with skill inheritance there are so many possibilities, I also like Desperation on her, it works well with Defiant Speed.

TBH, Defiant Speed is the first thing I would chuck on Lucina.

I agree, which is why I said this too. This is only a consideration when you're defending, though, and like I said I expect that Drag Back is a similarly huge pain to deal with.

Now, something that Vantage lets you do on offense is pull off a fighting retreat. You can let them initiate on you and then back away so that they charge into you again. I was expecting this to be more useful than it has turned out to be with Anna; I just don't find it an appealing option most of the time, and anyway you get some of the same effect with Drag Back.

I think being offensive would better tbh, just for board space. I find drag back to fuck with my positioning too much.

Ilvocare

hoo mama I think I may have balanced my score and flag usage JUST right to get into top 10k in Ephraim's army

please god I pray that 52,877 votes is past the cutoff

lt519

I didn't make the cut off at 50600 for overall, I was at like 80k rank overall going into the last half hour. They or they haven't tallied the overall yet.

I got 1,100 + 500 feathers for Marth though.

MANUELF

Banned
I can 5* any character from this pic, any suggestion?
LVMdUhr.png

ggx2ac

Nino with Drag Back from skill inheritance, I hadn't even thought of that.

That would probably be good because I can't really think of any other B skill to use on her.

There's Vantage and Desperation but they require her not dying which could be possible but difficult.

Drag Back would mean attacking from range and moving back more easily compared to Eirika to get away from being targeted. Since it also creates a space if the opponent is still alive, it makes it easier to send someone else in to either kill or block.

Edit: Also, I've been using Eldigan who is really good in arena but I unequipped his Lunge because I hate using it.

Cerium

In between Zelda sessions I'm working on leveling and promoting this team.

r3CL3kI.png

The Eirika and Nino are both +Spd. I call it the Buff Team of Death. Eirika and Sharena's buffs stack on Nino who gets extra pwnage from buffs; when I get her promoted she'll be doing absolutely ridiculous damage and doubling like crazy from her natural speed and Eirika's Hone Speed.

Is there any good character with Hone Attack? I think it would stack with Sieglinde and Rally Attack. I want to see what kind of stupid numbers I can get out of Nino.

spiritfox

r3CL3kI.png

The Eirika and Nino are both +Spd. I call it the Buff Team of Death. Eirika and Sharena's buffs stack on Nino who gets extra pwnage from buffs; when I get her promoted she'll be doing absolutely ridiculous damage and doubling like crazy from her natural speed and Eirika's hone speed.

That's my team lol. I just need a Nino with better stats.

ggx2ac

r3CL3kI.png

The Eirika and Nino are both +Spd. I call it the Buff Team of Death. Eirika and Sharena's buffs stack on Nino who gets extra pwnage from buffs; when I get her promoted she'll be doing absolutely ridiculous damage and doubling like crazy from her natural speed and Eirika's Hone Speed.

Is there any good character with Hone Attack? I think it would stack with Sieglinde and Rally Attack. I want to see what kind of stupid numbers I can get out of Nino.

So the same as my Eirika and Nino which are both Speed Up. Although I've taken to using Female Corrin rather than Sharena even though Sharena is pretty good and fast as well.

Hone attack doesn't stack with Sieglinde, they're the same type of buff, as well as Rally Attack assuming you use that with Sharena, all it will do is use the highest attack buff, no stacking.

You need Spur Attack to increase attack further by stacking, that's because Spur Attack works during combat while Hone Attack is a whole turn buff.

Inheritance. We have little idea how the system works but it will probably be a big deal. Could shake up the current meta even

Weapon breakers everywhere could destroy the meta. Maybe.

Ninferno

r3CL3kI.png

Is there any good character with Hone Attack?

(Of course You means besides Nino:) Olivia. Easiest to get (two for free) and dance to give you another chance to nuke some more.

FemCorrin is good as well in terms of both synergy and unit's own combat competency. But you already have Sharena so there could be a bit of overlapping but still, magic damage.

Edit: Just noticed you have Eirika already, don't know why I thought it was Lucina... Damn, I have 5*ed Nino and been pulling from the princess banner so hard for Eirika to no avail...

Cerium

So the same as my Eirika and Nino which are both Speed Up. Although I've taken to using Female Corrin rather than Sharena even though Sharena is pretty good and fast as well.

Hone attack doesn't stack with Sieglinde, they're the same type of buff, as well as Rally Attack assuming you use that with Sharena, all it will do is use the highest attack buff, no stacking.

You need Spur Attack to increase attack further by stacking, that's because Spur Attack works during combat while Hone Attack is a whole turn buff.

Interesting, thanks for the clarifications.

I might replace Sharena if this is the case.

Who's got Spur Attack?

Edit: Just noticed you have Eirika already, don't know why I thought it was Lucina... Damn, I have 5*ed Nino and been pulling from the princess banner so hard for Eirika to no avail...

Yeah I pulled only reds off the princess banner and got Eirika on the third try. Was pleased.

spiritfox

Interesting, thanks for the clarifications.

I might replace Sharena if this is the case.

Who's got Spur Attack?

Yeah I pulled only reds off the princess banner and got Eirika on the third try. Was pleased.

Lucina has Spur Attack, but I rather have a Blue than another Red to help clear the way for Nino.

Ninferno

Wow, 5 orbs "special log in" rewards. Thanks Ninty, I can now pull some more from the princess banner for more Stahls.

Edit: Just read the announcement, these 5 orbs are the apology for the weird "exit amid arena battle and lose your bonus" bug. Not bad. Hope they patch it up soon.

Trunx28

used the 5 free orbs to pull again. Oh, great, animation starts playing! ... YEAH Roy! ... 4* ... come on!

Also: What's happening, I'm winning every match for March and Ephraim is still in the lead. What are you guys doing, fight!

Kenai

Weapon breakers everywhere could destroy the meta. Maybe.

Just gotta pass my -Speed Effie a Brave Lance and Buckler and she will channel the power of various deities.

I'm not expecting them to let characters have breaker skills against weapons they are naturally weak to or anything, but for now I will be happy just filling in the "empty" skill slots on the characters I use now with something gud. Give Marth Luna so i don't have to worry about pulling Lucina, a passive Aura for Elise, ect would be great.

Westlo

Did first princess banner pull, saw one red said fuck it I'll pull from this and exit... got eirika!

Sölf

Leveled my Julia to 40, now it's Kagero's turn to get leveled.

I think I will just spent most flags this round and the remaining ones in the final round. I joined Ephraim now, I like him more than Lucina anyways.

Also finished my first arena run this season. 4222. >_>
Not that the next is any better. Already lost 3 dudes on the second battle. Blergh.

Ninferno

Megaton: Ursula Grand Hero Battle hits tomorrow and will feature 4* hero reward for the first time! This should basically solve everybody's arena bonus hero problem for those two weeks:)

Wonder how difficult the 4* battle will be though.

kewlmyc

That's a bit of a stretch. Ephraim is really gung ho about their bond, and Eirika chides him for it, but that's pretty much their entire character in the paralogues. At no point does Eirika remotely imply she wants to smash her brother, and Ephraim is just over the top in showing off how close they are (again, the "disgusting" line was added in the localization). He doesn't even mention her in his level 40 dialogue.

I also wouldn't say that Seliph and Julia have a more natural relationship either, since they're going for something different. They're not as intimate with each other due to circumstance, and it shows.

Like I said, I was mostly exaggerating for humor. Yeah she doesn't imply anything of the sort, it is a Nintendo game after all, but comparing their bond to say, actual siblings, makes their whole closeness come off as awkward. Like, I can't think of a pair of siblings that go on and on about how close they are like that (non-fictional siblings that is). The entire point of the paralogue was to show off the major siblings of FE, so I get why they played up the dialogue to points of parody of their original characters. It's just that out of the entire paralogue, Ephraim and Eirika were the only ones to kinda creep me out.

ggx2ac

I knew this would happen.

Eirika had a huge score over Elise, this was why I wanted to save up banners because it was obvious fighting Lucina would be more difficult. It looks like too many people spent all their banners.

Now that that has happened, Eirika is losing to Lucina.

I knew it would happen but I didn't get to change teams.

spiritfox

Megaton: Ursula Grand Hero Battle hits tomorrow and will feature 4* hero reward for the first time! This should basically solve everybody's arena bonus hero problem for those two weeks:)

Oh shit I hope the banner is coming tomorrow too.

I knew this would happen.

Eirika had a huge score over Elise, this was why I wanted to save up banners because it was obvious fighting Lucina would be more difficult. It looks like too many people spent all their banners.

Now that that has happened, Eirika is losing to Lucina.

I knew it would happen but I didn't get to change teams.

Err Eirika had around the same number of points as Sharena the previous round, what did you expect.

Sölf

RIP us mortals. Prepare for lunatic map version with 9-5 stats and you can't use the thingy to revive.

Mupod

still gonna sit on my flags until the final round. I so rarely get colorless allies on my team I'm gonna need to do a few battles with a level 1 Virion or something though.

edit: lol, it put me against 3 level 1s with a level 40 ally.

I have really bad feeling about arena and skill inheritance.

My score this week is going to suck because I only have 4* fRobin and then we will probably start seeing stuff like Takumi loaded with skills increasing his attack or speed or whatever other sick combinations people can invent.

I tried the calculator with my effie using the preview of unlock potential, but I can't find the same attack value. They start from like 27 and mine is 23.
Same with camilla, but mine is higher than the options available. What I'm doing wrong?

I tried the calculator with my effie using the preview of unlock potential, but I can't find the same attack value. They start from like 27 and mine is 23.
Same with camilla, but mine is higher than the options available. What I'm doing wrong?
You need to calculate weapon power too. Does she have a stronger one you haven't unlocked yet?

fek

Great! I was wondering when they would start dropping 4* units and that's faster than expected. Last time I was using Narcian as an arena bonus character and ended up making him level 40 as 3*..

I have really bad feeling about arena and skill inheritance.

My score this week is going to suck because I only have 4* fRobin and then we will probably start seeing stuff like Takumi loaded with skills increasing his attack or speed or whatever other sick combinations people can invent.

Takumi with Vantage or some shit will be the stupidest thing ever. Flying units will be literally worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom