• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggx2ac

Let me tell you about frustration. I wanted today's banner that popped up to be the last that I would spend money on more than 20 orbs because I've got three main characters to use for arena with two of them having plenty of spares for merging up to level 50.

All I wanted was two 5* Ninos and that would be good enough.

First roll, one green orb: 5* Julia.

Oh wow I finally got her but she wasn't what I wanted.

Next 5* roll: Sheena.

Oh come on I didn't want her.

Next 5* roll: Minerva.

I've already got her, I didn't want another.

Again!?

Next 5* roll: Setsuna.

Well that's neat but I had no choice because there were no green orbs.

Next 5* roll: Effie.

That's great but I don't really want to use her in arena and, had no green orbs to choose.

And that's it, I got one more roll when I get 5 free orbs over the weekend login bonus and maybe on the last day of the banner a couple of more rolls but this is ridiculous.

I do have 4 spare 3* Ninos but having gotten a couple of 5* Ninos would have been convenient for me raising her rating much quicker.

redcrayon

Let me tell you about frustration. I wanted today's banner that popped up to be the last that I would spend money on more than 20 orbs because I've got three main characters to use for arena with two of them having plenty of spares for merging up to level 50.

All I wanted was two 5* Ninos and that would be good enough.

First roll, one green orb: 5* Julia.

Oh wow I finally got her but she wasn't what I wanted.

Oh come on I didn't want her.

Next 5* roll: Minerva.

I've already got her, I didn't want another.

Again!?

Next 5* roll: Setsuna.

Well that's neat but I had no choice because there were no green orbs.

Next 5* roll: Effie.

That's great but I don't really want to use her in arena and, had no green orbs to choose.

And that's it, I got one more roll when I get 5 free orbs over the weekend login bonus and maybe on the last day of the banner a couple of more rolls but this is ridiculous.

I do have 4 spare 3* Ninos but having gotten a couple of 5* Ninos would have been convenient for me raising her rating much quicker.
Considering that the odds of getting each focus character are so small even when choosing their colour orb on their banner, I think aiming to get two or even one Nino from so few pulls was perhaps a touch optimistic! That's why I refuse to put any money in at all, I burnt through 110 orbs on the last banner hoping for any of the focus characters and didn't get a thing.

redcrayon

That 4 star challenge is BS
Yeah. That's... not easy. They do like their choke points!

I've been experimenting with setups and am finding Cecelia a good pick for this as she's a green Mage (good vs Ursula), and has weapon advantage vs neutral, so both Ninja too. Magic also being good vs armour means she can hurt all five of them.

Still haven't beaten it yet though.

Theosmeo

Yeah. That's... not easy. They do like their choke points!

I've been experimenting with setups and am finding Cecelia a good pick for this as she's a green Mage and has weapon advantage vs neutral, so both Ninja too. Magic also being good vs armour means she can hurt all five of them.

Still haven't beaten it yet though.

how does she do against the cav?

redcrayon

how does she do against the cav?
The Red cav instantly kills her, unfortunately, but she wins the first turn attack against the nearest ninja, inflicting heavy damage while taking none back for me.

Sorry, meant that she's good against four of them, not that plucky red cavalryman.

Theosmeo

I'll try again as soon as my stamina is restored. It's meant for 5* units and my Cecelia is only a 4* unit (most of my 5* units are red swords) which makes things more difficult.

same deal yeah, my narcian can tank the ninjas face but thats it, i cant 1hko them or anyone for that matter :( already used 4 stamina potions

redcrayon

Nearly had it, but that green foot knight teleported to the other side of the injured Ninja to kill one of my party, so close and yet so far!

champloo

My 3* lv40 F-Robin turned out quite useful on this map.. with a spur attack from Hector she killed Ursula on the bait. Then with her special charged up she finished the armored dude when Hector has some trouble fighting him. wouldn't be able to finish the map without her

PK Gaming

My 3* lv40 F-Robin turned out quite useful on this map.. with a spur attack from Hector she killed Ursula on the bait. Then with her special charged up she finished the armored dude when Hector has some trouble fighting him. wouldn't be able to finish the map without her

So you're saying I need to raise her up to level 40

:x

ggx2ac

The Setsuna and Julia I got both have attack down which sucks because I would have liked to level them up.

I got 20k feathers and used it to 5* my Female Corrin with speed up/Res down so next I'll get to fuse my other 5* F Corrin to her.

Sölf

Hm, Nino and Elise both instantly die to a Ninja. I have to try something different. But I really have no idea how to beat that. Maybe I can use Stahl, he is bulkier than Elise, but he isn't 40 yet. And Ursula will wreck any mounted unit. But as soon as I get in range of her the Ninjas will kill me. >_>

mikemandey

First try...

mZ6Hj16.jpg

OVDRobo

My incredibly strange main team composition of Lucina/MRobin/Raven/Beruka (5*) got me the 3* version of Ursula. 5* Beruka is incredibly tanky, to the point that she survived the entire enemy team attacking mostly her for two full turns and completely nullified the Dagger units due to neither being infantry nor having low defense. She was also single-handedly responsible for killing Ursula who was the only enemy capable of dealing double-digit damage to her, and only when she was affected by debuffs.

A bit of clean-up by Robin and Lucina while Raven sat in the back and did nothing and the map was done, albeit with Beruka having something like 5 health remaining.

I'm not even going to bother with the 4* version because frankly I don't like Ursula and she's not worth the effort.

I've said it before, but I'll reiterate that making a forced chokepoint and a requirement that all units survive isn't strategic or tactical so much as it is just a check that the player has the right unit to survive. I know it's tough to make anything seem tactical in a game as simplified as this, but every one of the Grand Hero Battles so far has been the same shoddy idea taken further and it wasn't a good one to begin with.

HAHAHA! After umpteen tries/stamina potions, a crazy amount of move strategies, and most importantly, with zero orbs spent on new units, I finally beat the 4* Ursula map with this team!

No Armored units, no crazy powerful Mages (just a Lv. 37 3* F-Robin, who only attacked once in the whole fight), and not a single character with range indifferent counter attack! That was soooooooooooooooo satisfying.

Frederick took out the last two units, the pair of Ninjas, with only 1 HP left! They couldn't even scratch him!

I should have done that F Robin map. I can't figure out a way to initiate on this map other than sticking Robin out and he can't handle more than one of these insane ninjas

Samstrike

Pulled on the new banner for an Effie and got her on my very first pull. Nice! My first armored unit so I can do that achivement now... And she is -Spd/+Hp. Doesn't seem that great but I guess it could be worse?

ty_hot

I have a Oneplus 3T and the playstore says my phone is not compatible with the game
seriously
everytime they update the game I need to find an apk somewhere... anyway to avoid this?

Ninferno

155 BST for Ursula seems consistent with mounted mages. Her kit doesn't look too impressive but yeah, what else can you expect for a free unit...

I'm happy as long as it's a free 4* unit for arena bonus so can't complain, that is, if I can beat that 4* map... I can't only try until I get home, but judging from the look of it, I might be out of luck. I don't have Hector, nor do I have Camilla or trained FemRobin. This is going to cause so much headache....

I whipped up a visual guide for my 4* Ursula map strategy. It uses two "free" units (3* Olivia & 3* Female Robin), 5* Frederick and 5* Ephraim. (Eph isn't strictly necessary, just need a sturdy Blue melee unit.) I think this is fairly workable for consistent players, and hopefully can help anyone who might be having trouble.

http://imgur.com/a/gH7TT

Mupod

my usual team had trouble with the regular 3* map, geez. I might need to train something else up. MRobin couldn't one-round the ninjas even with +8 attack, he easily took on Ursula but that won't fly with higher levels.

Trunx28

Depends on the rest of the team, but probably either Nino or Kagero. Kagero does a ton of damage to most units because anyone on foot counts as infantry, which includes dragons (!). She's a glass cannon.

Nino is good if you have other units to stat buff her tome, plus her draw back skill is really useful.

Olivia shouldn't be promoted because she has all her support skills at 4*. The only thing she gets at 5* is a better sword, and she rarely fights anyway.

thanks for all your input. My current top-team is a 5* Klein, Olivia, Catria and Cherche (all 4*), which works quite well in the arena (even 2xTakumi teams are no problem anymore thanks to Klein).

I would probably ditch Cherche in favor for Nino, as my Cherche has the worst resistance (11!) of all my level 40 units.

Zafir

Yeah I did about 50 orbs worth of pulls on the banner hoping for some Nino's. Mostly just selected greens outside of two blues which I chose just incase I got a decent natured effie.

0 Effie's and just one 3* Nino with +RES nature. X.x

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
These special maps where everybody needs to survive and the enemy has:

5 units
counters to everything
you cornered in a chokepoint

can fuck right off. So sick of this game.

Loco4Coco

Its crazy how I read that so many people get 5* pulls in here. I've got 2 but its ok I got plenty of 3* Hana and Stahl for days.
salt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom