• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
every week until now I've had tons of successful defenses, hell last week I had some not even an hour after the reset. But now I even have a better red unit (Lucina vs my -atk Lyn) and nothing yet. Don't really have much I could switch out that I think would perform better, I assumed my Robin/Olivia combination was getting me defenses before.

Strangely enough I usually have my 10 defensive wins by now myself. But I only have 1 as of now. I think it's because people don't have the arena units leveled up so they care less about getting a perfect run. That's my theory anyway. I don't think the meta changed that much but maybe it did.

kswiston

Team Eirika Pals: Do we spend most of our flags in this round to try and place high in the Eirika Army rankings, while accepting defeat to the Lucina Legions? I figure a ton of players will be holding onto their flags until the end, but by then Team Lucina will have hundreds of thousands of players, and getting a decent rank may be impossible.

I also don't have a Lucina, so there's that to consider too I guess. I'm sure that 10% bonus will add up later. Every 10% bonus on 100 flags is the same as playing 10 rounds at the default 0 flags.

emag

Strangely enough I usually have my 10 defensive wins by now myself. But I only have 1 as of now. I think it's because people don't have the arena units leveled up so they care less about getting a perfect run. That's my theory anyway. I don't think the meta changed that much but maybe it did.

I'm seeing something similar, but I moved Robin to the first spot of my lineup to give friends a hand (even though they're all apparently on Team Lucina). That may make my team a less tempting arena pick than when that spot was occupied by Laslow. ;)

Qurupeke

Cool that they addressed the issues with Arena because I was trying to figure out what I was doing wrong and I wasn't getting enough points.

Mupod

I'm seeing something similar, but I moved Robin to the first spot of my lineup to give friends a hand (even though they're all apparently on Team Lucina). That may make my team a less tempting arena pick than when that spot was occupied by Laslow. ;)

I had Merric up front for that reason and I don't think he's intimidating, lol.

ggx2ac

This is my highest level character with a rating of 180.

C6gOrDxU8AAF1_D.jpg

Qwark

I need some tips, I keep getting destroyed by Takumi. That short range counter is so brutally unfair. Even my medium armor guys, he's able to take out in 1-2 hits.

I need some tips, I keep getting destroyed by Takumi. That short range counter is so brutally unfair. Even my medium armor guys, he's able to take out in 1-2 hits.
You'll either need a M Robin, a mage that can one shot him, or a unit that has counterattack AND good defense. He's a character you have to include a counter for in your lineup. I personally like Reinhardt and Robin as they can pull double duty and take out red units.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I find that attacking into him first is a bad idea because of the counter. I've gotten much better results by putting a ranged guy at Takumi's max range so that he attacks into you first, then gets counterattacked himself, which hopefully softens him up. Then you send in someone strong to finish him off, hopefully in 1 hit so that Takumi doesn't get to use his close counter.

You need a ranged unit for baiting/tanking duty. This person needs to be able to tank at least one hit with him and deal some decent damage in response. While MRobin is best, I find Jakob works for this too because he has decent defense, regenerates the damage, and also debuffs Takumi for whoever you're sending in to do the followup/kill during your turn. Possibly other dagger users can do the same thing, as long as they can survive that first hit from Takumi.

Of course, this is all easier said than done if he has nearby units backing him up.

Mupod

the best thing about Robin vs Takumi is that not only does Takumi get owned in the matchup, he's very easy to bait out of the enemy pack of units for a safe first kill.

I need to work a speed buff into my lineup now that I've dropped Lyn though. +spd robin could double some of them with it.

Damn, Chrom and Ephriam are pretty close. And by "close" I mean they're around 30 million points apart from each other out of like ~300 million on each side. The game is saying "same" for both of them.

One advantage of this popularity contest thing though is that you get to try out units that you don't have. It looks like some of my friends run Linde, which is a unit I really want but don't have. But thanks to these duels, I get to play with her every now and then.

She really wrecks face. It's great.

Yeah I got Hector when I faced 3x Sharena team in first round :D Otherwise I'd be toast with 2 Lucinas.

Mikhal

Anyone with Klein, Sanaki, Eldigan, Lachesis, Reinhardt, or Olwen as their leader want to be friends? I never got a single character required for the Sibling Bonds missions and I want to try to complete them by using the Voting Gauntlet battles if possible.

My friend ID is 7058918211

Mupod

bah I wish I could have left Lucina at level 1 for this event but I need her in my main team. It's much harder to win when you're 40. It's usually fine but I just had 3 Lucinas vs an azura/takumi bullshit team. I don't care about points this round but for the final round when I burn all my flags I hope I don't run into that much.

Anyone with Klein, Sanaki, Eldigan, Lachesis, Reinhardt, or Olwen as their leader want to be friends? I never got a single character required for the Sibling Bonds missions and I want to try to complete them by using the Voting Gauntlet battles if possible.

My friend ID is 7058918211

Just sent you a friend request. I have both Reinhardt and eldigan. My nickname on there is Obsolete. Do you have an armored unit I can use?

Be warned Reinhardt in 3v3 is pretty broken, and may make you want to whale on sibling bonds.

Qwark

You'll either need a M Robin, a mage that can one shot him, or a unit that has counterattack AND good defense. He's a character you have to include a counter for in your lineup. I personally like Reinhardt and Robin as they can pull double duty and take out red units.

Thanks for the tips guys. The only one I have of those listed is Reinhardt, so I guess I'll work on training him up as a Takumi counter.

Mikhal

Just sent you a friend request. I have both Reinhardt and eldigan. My nickname on there is Obsolete. Do you have an armored unit I can use?

Be warned Reinhardt in 3v3 is pretty broken, and may make you want to whale on sibling bonds.

Awesome! I accepted your friend request. I don't have an armored unit either, unfortunately. :(

Awesome! I accepted your friend request. I don't have an armored unit either, unfortunately. :(

All good. Hoping that when I pull on the Effie and Nino banner I can get one. Can't get to the next March quests without one.

Thanks for the tips guys. The only one I have of those listed is Reinhardt, so I guess I'll work on training him up as a Takumi counter.

Nice. I like him a lot. And if you have anyone that buffs attack he will be a force for you by getting in a guaranteed double attack before an enemy can respond and many times they are dead. Also because of him getting a double attack his special triggers pretty quick and that for sure will guarantee a one shot against nearly any blue, red, or colorless. His downside is that you don't want to leave him in a spot to get attacked because his speed is so low nearly everyone can double him.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I have 130 stones and I'm holding out for an Azura banner. I think she would compliment my team beautifully.

She would be amazing on every time probably. I can't see them ever including her in a banner. Though, I thought the same about Lucina so who knows.

She would be amazing on every time probably. I can't see them ever including her in a banner. Though, I thought the same about Lucina so who knows.

I use Olivia and pair her with takumi right now to go around destroying stuff. Then I have Hector and Young Tiki to go around countering generally everything else. Azura would fit that blue spot much better than my 4* Robin that i am not very crazy about.

kewlmyc

I have 130 stones and I'm holding out for an Azura banner. I think she would compliment my team beautifully.
Azura complements any team beautifully. I use her constantly to excellent effect. Having her teamed up with a heavy hitting tome user is especially devastating.

Might be hypocritical of me, but every time I see an Azura on an enemy's team, I figure I'm going to lose at least one unit. Having her part of a banner would make every Arena battle very tense.

Whizkid7

Team Ephraim took back the lead (5.5M). This is the first interesting gauntlet thus far!

Damn right we did! Go #TeamIncestBro - wait...

Seriously though, the fact that it's close makes me more excited to participate in it. Glad I rolled with Eph instead of his sister...Feel sorry for her right about now...

Enjoy it for now, I guess. Won't be like that next round.

I don't care if it's a losing battle, I will gladly stand against that fake-ass female Marth until the end of time! DEATH TO THE POSER!!!!

Xetherion

Which Tiki (Adult) is "better"? +SPD/-ATK or +RES/-HP

+RES/-HP. Adult Tiki is so slow that +SPD doesn't do anything for her, she still gets doubled by Lucina, Marth, Takumi, Kagero, and just about anyone else that matters. The only popular unit that would no longer double her is MRobin.

So just found out my 4* Kagero is a +Atk, -Spd. Is it worth it to upgrade to 5? Over say an Olivia who has medium stats across the board apparently?

I want to replace my Camillia and playing around with options. Running a Linde, Lucina, and Takumi currently. Holding out for a Hector cause it seems like Axe users are getting stiffed again in Fire Emblem.

Shinypogs

Since Erika has no chance this round and was stomping all over Elise I'm saving my flags to root for whomever faces off against Lucina. You got seen in your mandatory chapters and then benched when you came back, you are not important to me Lucina and I do not care for you. I know whomever faces her will likely lose but * shrugs* it;s the principal of the thing not the prizes that count.

I do feel bad for team Elise, I like Elise as a healer and in her supports, not so much in cutscenes where she rivals Takumi for obnoxiousness.

Also these multi Takumi teams are just fucking dying to my fem corrin. They aren't fast enough to double, they don't do enough damage to more than scratch her and her debuffs means my random teammates are guaranteed to perform decently assuming I need to use them. Reinhardt is one of my fav random teammates, he's slower than ice melting but he makes real good use of any enemy whose had their resistance sealed with his brave tome.

Xetherion

So just found out my 4* Kagero is a +Atk, -Spd. Is it worth it to upgrade to 5? Over say an Olivia who has medium stats across the board apparently?

I want to replace my Camillia and playing around with options. Running a Linde, Lucina, and Takumi currently. Holding out for a Hector cause it seems like Axe users are getting stiffed again in Fire Emblem.

My 5* +ATK/-DEF Kagero one-shots almost everybody with the Hone Atk buff from Olivia. This includes Takumi (maybe not if he's +DEF, but haven't run into one yet to test it). And by one-shot I mean she kills him with one attack, so she does not get counterattacked.

Definitely worth the feathers.

Btw, anyone who needs a friend with an Armor unit for the March quest, I changed my leader to my 4* 40 Gwendolyn, friend code is 6560179624.

It's the first character in your defense team.

No matter if the character that shows up in on my name "card" or whatever in friends?

Thanks

Btw, anyone who needs a friend with an Armor unit for the March quest, I changed my leader to my 4* 40 Gwendolyn, friend code is 6560179624.

And thanks. I was just inviting my account with Effie to the one that doesn't have any armored units. So having two armored units will help.

MrDaravon

If this is what I've got unit-wise currently should I pull again on one of the current banners or hold off?

I'm still working on leveling folks (Most all of my 4/5* units are in the 20-25 range) so any super obvious gaps in my team aren't really that apparent yet. I will say it's kind of frustrating to bring a team into Training but then get wrecked only because I didn't bring someone who is good against armor AND is the right color or a similar situation. The 4 character count + no prep phase + small maps (some of which have chokepoints I don't care for) is start to definitely chafe a bit.

Wichu

Why the need for the armored friends?

There's a March quest that requires defeating enemies with an armoured unit - some people haven't pulled any armoured units, so can't get it themselves. Having armoured friends lets those people borrow armoured units in the voting gauntlet, so they can still work towards the quest.

MANUELF

Banned
There's a March quest that requires defeating enemies with an armoured unit - some people haven't pulled any armoured units, so can't get it themselves. Having armoured friends lets those people borrow armoured units in the voting gauntlet, so they can still work towards the quest.

oh yeah there was something like that, the real problem for me is the mission to beat 7-5 in lunatic with 4 armored units and with no deaths (I have Effie, Draug and Gwendolyn)

lt519

Defensive wins are a lot less frequent as of late. I think being in the highest tier is making it tough. I haven't lost an Advanced match in weeks and that's been with Odin or Jagen between level 20-30 bogging me down. I'm also doing the arena a lot less and assuming others to. I had a perfect no death run with a level 20 Jagen on my first 7 matches this week and just decided that's good enough. They should give a small amount of feathers to any arena win so people are enticed to keep playing once they've maxed out their score.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

Btw, other than deleting all of your other friends and adding the armor friend, is there any way to guarantee that armored unit to be in your gauntlet party?

lt519

How do people have such high total scores? Are there other ways to earn flags? I've done all the quests (minus one) and fail to see how people have scores of 120k+. It seems I'll cap out at 111k. Are there bonus points for using units?

Gotchaye

How do people have such high total scores? Are there other ways to earn flags? I've done all the quests (minus one) and fail to see how people have scores of 120k+. It seems I'll cap out at 111k. Are there bonus points for using units?

All the quest + daily flags are about 121k. Then you're still getting 110 per win, up to every 30 minutes. So if you've been really dedicated you can be at 134k or so, right? There are 1100 quest flags.

lt519

All the quest + daily flags are about 121k. Then you're still getting 110 per win, up to every 30 minutes. So if you've been really dedicated you can be at 134k or so, right? There are 1100 quest flags.

I mean yeah, I suppose you could get an extra 9600 per 48 hour voting period...

110 per win though? How are you getting a ten percent bonus? Seems I'm not getting some bonus others are getting..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom