• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

wait, robin can kill the knight? I'll try that next, out of stamina for now as my strategy didn't work at all. Abel can't survive one hit from Ursula and my Camilla can't one-round the ninja, also apparently every fucking unit on this map has Wings of Mercy or some other teleport. I'll try running a healer for Robin and just hope he can kill everything himself.

Mupod

Well spent my last 102 orbs on the Nino/Effie banner and only pulled on Blue/Green. Got 1 5* which was Azura. The rest was generally pretty garbage though T_T....

Anything useful here for my team? I'm currently using:
5* +ATK, -RES Takumi
4* +ATK Olivia
5* Sharena
4* Gunter/Cecilia/Anna

5* Azura (yay, -HP, +DEF... that seems fine) <-- except I already have 5* Sharena and am using a 4* +ATK Olivia... hm.
4* Hawkeye
4* Merric (+ATK, -HP)

3* Nino (+RES, -ATK)
3* Nino (+ATK, -RES)
3* FCorrin (+ATK, -Res... this seems decent?)
3* Robin (-HP, +SPD - how is this?)

Dupe 4*s: 4* Gunter (already have one at lvl 40 T_T)
4* Abel (already have him as well at lvl 40...)
4* Frederick (already have one as well...)

and lots of 3*s... (3* Cherche, 3* Oboro x 3, 3* Sully, 3* Beruka x 2, 3* Barst, 3* Shanna x2, 3* Arthur, 3* Florina, 3* Donnel)

What I'd do: run Sharena and Azura for 3 buffs, then promote up that +atk -res Nino once you have feathers. Nino with 3 buffs would basically just one shot everybody. And I guess keep using Takumi. I could probably beat anything with that team.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Well spent my last 102 orbs on the Nino/Effie banner and only pulled on Blue/Green. Got 1 5* which was Azura. The rest was generally pretty garbage though T_T....

Anything useful here for my team? I'm currently using:
5* +ATK, -RES Takumi
4* +ATK Olivia
5* Sharena
4* Gunter/Cecilia/Anna

5* Azura (yay, -HP, +DEF... that seems fine) <-- except I already have 5* Sharena and am using a 4* +ATK Olivia... hm.
4* Hawkeye
4* Merric (+ATK, -HP)

3* Nino (+RES, -ATK)
3* Nino (+ATK, -RES)
3* FCorrin (+ATK, -Res... this seems decent?)
3* Robin (-HP, +SPD - how is this?)

Dupe 4*s: 4* Gunter (already have one at lvl 40 T_T)
4* Abel (already have him as well at lvl 40...)
4* Frederick (already have one as well...)

and lots of 3*s... (3* Cherche, 3* Oboro x 3, 3* Sully, 3* Beruka x 2, 3* Barst, 3* Shanna x2, 3* Arthur, 3* Florina, 3* Donnel)
The +atk Nino might be good for eventual promotion. She's not supposed to be taking hits anyway, I think.

Robin seems good too. The -HP hurts but the +SPD might help both offensively and defensively, since it might keep him from getting doubled.

Azura is probably good too, since her attacks aren't harmed. Sure, she'll be singing most of the time, but she can hit pretty hard as a blue lance if you need to take out a red.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
What I'd do: run Sharena and Azura for 3 buffs, then promote up that +atk -res Nino once you have feathers. Nino with 3 buffs would basically just one shot everybody. And I guess keep using Takumi. I could probably beat anything with that team.

Hm ok. Would super buffed Nino take out Hector? That's my one concern with not having any Red unit. I think Sharena at full health can barely tank that first hit, but I've been using Olivia thus far for that.

The +atk Nino might be good for eventual promotion. She's not supposed to be taking hits anyway, I think.

Robin seems good too. The -HP hurts but the +SPD might help both offensively and defensively, since it might keep him from getting doubled.

Azura is probably good too, since her attacks aren't harmed. Sure, she'll be singing most of the time, but she can hit pretty hard as a blue lance if you need to take out a red.
Hm ok... yeh the 3*s there seem ok, but it'll take forever to get the feathers up again (I just promoted Sharena to 5* last week and have like 3K feathers).

Mupod

Hm ok. Would super buffed Nino take out Hector? That's my one concern with not having any Red unit. I think Sharena at full health can barely tank that first hit, but I've been using Olivia thus far for that.

Hm ok... yeh the 3*s there seem ok, but it'll take forever to get the feathers up again (I just promoted Sharena to 5* last week and have like 3K feathers).

the counterattack might be a problem for squishy Nino but with +16 attack she might just straight up one shot Hector. I guess just do the math first. But yeah obviously you'd want a strong red sword instead of Takumi.

edit: oh man picture Ryoma instead of Takumi on that team. +20 Nino. Shit I wish I had that.

woopWOOP

Screenshot_2017_03_10_14_00_03.png
Screenshot_2017_03_10_14_00_12.png
Finally, my first 5-star :D

I have no clue if she's any good or not, but I'm happy. Apparently she's +DEF/-HP so her weakest stat gets boosted which feels like a waste...

That's also my 5th Frederick. Almost half my green units are goddamn Frederick

My strategy for new challenge map: Move Hector into aggro range.

Map over.

I do the same thing every time... where's the challenge for the Mighty Hector?!

Hector is easy mode for that map.

Jeez, my Hector must have a bad boon/bane then. Maybe I need a better team around him.

EDIT: And what do you know, after tinkering around a bit, I won with Hector, Maria, Lyn, and Camilla. Letting the Knight warp right by Lyn was key. Camilla turned out to be the MVP by the end, Hector just tanked hits and dealt chip damage.

Ninferno

Since we are now under community, I figured I might as well mentioned this: a new trailer for Shadows of Valentia has just come out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7CKYVgVuO0

The more I play Heroes, the more I wish I'm playing a full-fledged FE game. Fortunately, we don't have to hold out for long:)

Man, I'm so ready to play SoV on day 1. I can still remember vividly the day I first played Gaiden via a Chinese bootleg NES cartridge. It was back in the 90s before emulation becomes a thing. We had access to only a limited number of games so we play any game we can get our hands on over and over again. I can't count how many winter and summer vacations I have spent playing Gaiden. It's still hard for me to believe that 25 years later, we can expect a remake of it in just a little more than 2 months (1 if you are Japanese)!

I hope they promote the shit out of SoV in Heroes, make a super awesome Alm/Celica banner, paralogues and events so that more people get interested in checking out SoV.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
the counterattack might be a problem for squishy Nino but with +16 attack she might just straight up one shot Hector. I guess just do the math first. But yeah obviously you'd want a strong red sword instead of Takumi.

edit: oh man picture Ryoma instead of Takumi on that team. +20 Nino. Shit I wish I had that.

Btw, Azura doesn't have an Attack boost though... That's what Olivia has. Azura boosts speed. So I don't think Azura would help Nino all that much. I guess I'll go with my original team plus an eventual Nino for Green and possibly use Azura along with Olivia when I want to just kill everyone as Takumi xD

Pejo

Well holy shit, just pulled, was planning on only pulling blue to try to get Effie (or always hoping for Azura), and of course the first set of pulls had no blue. Picked the lone green amongst colorless and reds and out pops 5* Nino (-SPD,+RES - sounds like it sucks but oh well, free 5*). I go back in a few times and get 1-2 blue orbs that of course give me 3* donnel and est, who i have gotten like 50 times now (not literally), and then the 4th blue single pull nets me a 5* Effie (another totally shit roll at -ATK, +SPD - fuck).

Still, don't have to waste the feathers on them now, and I actually really like Ursula's skillset, so I might 5* her. Or Tharja since she's -HP +DEF and I don't have any red mages at 5*. Thoughts?

Mupod

Btw, Azura doesn't have an Attack boost though... That's what Olivia has. Azura boosts speed.

Huh? Sharena has rally attack and fortify defense. Azura has fortify resist. That's 3 buffs. Unless the wiki is wrong, I don't have an Azura obviously. Sharena's attack buff does not stack with Olivia's.

lt519

Wow this is a doozy. Robin can tank the ninja's and kill them in a bait and attack but then I get charged and can withstand the initial assault if I tank Ursala and the Red Horse with Subaki but he actually kills the red horse and the green knight slides in and takes him out. If I can hold off on Subaki killing the horse I think I can keep the Ninja at bay in time to get Robin healed up again.

I've tried a few strategies and I think what's ultimately going to do it for me is Robin with a Healer and then Subaki for his tank abilities on the Ninja's. The last spot I'm unsure if I want Nino to take care of the knight and horse mage or a dancer to give Robin and the healer more moves.

Also got an Erika yesterday :) Plan on leveling her and replacing Roy for a permanent spot on the team.

fek

Think I'm going to promote my 4* Camilla for Ursula insane.. I got pretty close to beat it but Reinhardt wasn't able to finish Ursula in the last turn.
Also used a bit over 80 orbs and got Effie from the new banner, she'll definitely help too. Now back to saving orbs again, would like to pull whenever Hector gets featured.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Huh? Sharena has rally attack and fortify defense. Azura has fortify resist. That's 3 buffs. Unless the wiki is wrong, I don't have an Azura obviously. Sharena's attack buff does not stack with Olivia's.

Sorry, yeh you're right it's Res not SPD. Wait, Nino gets better attack from a fortify res with her weapon? o_O?

If so, I also do have a 4* Eirika...

my 5* MRobin is +spd and gets doubled by these ninjas (who have 32 freaking res). Guess he's not gonna be useful here.

But yeah Merric can't one shot Ursula even buffed - he'd win in a 1v1 if I can get it down to that. He can deal with the armor knight in two rounds, so I don't necessarily need a red unit.

I have 4* Camilla and Abel at 40, they might fare better.

edit: https://youtu.be/VWtWXn0kB0w

I think I could almost execute this strategy...my Camilla is only 4* and I highly doubt Robin could kill the axe knight, but I know Merric could. But then Merric would have to kill the red sword at the end to save Camilla and I doubt that's happening.

Sigh I have the other issue. I get to the last poison dagger user and he doubles up my Camillia and nobody can save her. Literally the last person everytime.

Guess I need to train a Calvary unit

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I took down 4* Ursula with Hector, Julia, MRobin, and Olivia. Julia took down the green knight. Hector was able to eliminate the ninjas and Ursula, MRobin removed the cavalry unit. Olivia danced for all three, each on different turns to take down the respective enemies.

chrono01

Approaching 200 orbs soon.

Come on new banner!
I'm at 226 Orbs right now. Part of me wants to try for Lucina, but knowing she'll be in the Choose Your Legends banner as well, along with Ike, Lyn and Roy, makes me want to wait. I just wish we'd get it already so I could stop hoarding. :/

scy

~100 orbs on Princess banner -> No 5*, nothing notable at all.
~100 orbs on Nino / Effie banner -> No 5* but a bunch of Robins (+ATK, -RES seems best of the bunch). I guess the game just really wants me to use Robin(F) as my green mage.

On one hand, I'm glad I have the two accounts so I can do things like this but at the same time, leads to bad week of pulls like this :|

Mupod

on the one hand the choose your legends banner is gonna be topheavy with reds, which I do not need. But on the other hand goddamn I'm sick of not having a decent bonus unit for arena.

Hopefully we get the 20 orbs soon enough that I can blow them all on the hunt for Effie.

Ursula isn't even the threat to me on this map, the Ninjas and the knight are the real threats.

Julia is just too fragile once they get close to her but she's also my ace.

Ekid

I hope they promote the shit out of SoV in Heroes, make a super awesome Alm/Celica banner, paralogues and events so that more people get interested in checking out SoV.
If they are clever they will add a mission on My Nintendo rewarding like 20 orbs if you buy the digital version with the associated NNID.
And maybe add some flyer with a code in the physical version.

Akuun

Sigh I have the other issue. I get to the last poison dagger user and he doubles up my Camillia and nobody can save her. Literally the last person everytime.

Guess I need to train a Calvary unit
I just cleared it with this strategy, except I had a 4* Felicia in place of the Peri. First few turns ran fine with Camilla taking out the north ninja and MRobin taking out the green knight.

I think Ursula actually hit Robin when she went in, instead of going after Felicia. I took her out with Camilla, but the south ninja and red cavalry guy was still there. I think I did something weird like making Robin go in to land a hit on the ninja, then danced Robin with Olivia to get Robin to safety (he was down to 1 hp), then moved Felicia in to both finish off the ninja and bodyblock the choke so that the red knight couldn't go in to hit Camilla. The red knight severely injured but did not kill Felicia on the enemy turn.

Next turn, I moved Felicia to the left to safety (she barely survived the turn), moved Olivia in to attack the red knight, and then had Robin hit the red knight again to finish him off.

Dee Dee

The Voting Gauntlet is nuts. I think I have seen and played EVERY stat variation of level 40 Takumi that is out there, usually several at the same time.

Found out mine is +ATK / - SPD that way. ... I think that's pretty bad?

forgrim

is their a website which tells you which characters are better with what stat?

Just as an example, i have this:

+hp/-spd nowi
+atk/-res nowi
+atk/-hp ephraim
+res/-spd ephraim

I have no idea which one is better or not and which one to sacrifice to the other.

Thanks in advance

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

+hp/-spd nowi
+atk/-res nowi
+atk/-hp ephraim
+res/-spd ephraim

I have no idea which one is better or not and which one to sacrifice to the other.

Thanks in advance

Imo, the +ATK Ephraim is much better. Ephraim is slow enough as is, and you don't want him to be doubled by even slower characters. Plus then he has fantastic attack with +ATK. With Nowi I'm assuming the +ATK is better as well. Typically +ATK/+SPD is best for boon, -HP is usually best for bane (unless it's a defensive character). Effie's good as -SPD though because of her Wary Fighter ability and her speed being so low anyways that it doesn't make a difference.

Akuun

+hp/-spd nowi
+atk/-res nowi
+atk/-hp ephraim
+res/-spd ephraim

Thanks in advance
Search for fire emblem heroes IV calculators. There are a bunch out there, though some are better than others.

PK Gaming

5 &#9733; Ursula is looking good. Death Blow effectively gives her 45 attack (mitigating her low bst), and she has Threaten Res on top of that. 32 Speed is pretty good too, since it she can start doubling a few threats with Hone Speed support. And while mounted units are niche, her weapon destroys enemy mounted units for free. Her stats are too low for serious arena runs, but she's a solid unit overall.

Gotchaye

+hp/-spd nowi
+atk/-res nowi
+atk/-hp ephraim
+res/-spd ephraim

Thanks in advance

I think this site has limited coverage of different natures for each hero, but I really don't know how reliable they are: https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/heroes

The basic principles are pretty simple, though. People generally like offensive stats - Life and Death is seen as a good skill. Almost every character benefits from +Atk or +Spd. Some characters have special features that change this up a bit. Effie doesn't benefit much at all from Spd because of Wary Fighter. Heroes with Brave weapons want +Atk at all costs. Of the defensive stats, HP is typically the least valued - if a character is going to take at least two hits in a match, 2 HP is never better than 1 Def and 1 Res. But some fragile characters are happy to take a minus to Def or Res if they never expect to survive two attacks from that type anyway.

For the two heroes you have, I think there's really no contest and you should go with the +Atk versions.

Akuun

5 &#9733; Ursula is looking good. Death Blow effectively gives her 45 attack (mitigating her low bst), and she has Threaten Res on top of that. 32 Speed is pretty good too, since it she can start doubling a few threats with Hone Speed support. And while mounted units are niche, her weapon destroys enemy mounted units for free. Her stats are too low for serious arena runs, but she's a solid unit overall.
What's the rating range I should be looking for when it comes to arena runs?

MANUELF

Banned
I have tried beating Úrsula but my Robin being -spd means that Úrsula doubles him and kill him and the red Knight always kills my Camilla after she kills Úrsula

Akuun

On a side note, keeping a second Olivia who knows Dance might be worthwhile because two Olivias + healer is a great way to train up a new character.

Mupod

just need to figure out how to safely kill the second ninja and sword cavalry on Ursula's map and I should be fine. I almost had it just now but the ninja did the exact amount of damage to kill Merric, he's -def +res otherwise he'd have survived.

lt519

Can't withstand the second ninja that comes along, of my Nino had 1 more HP I think I could do it, maybe get him a defensive buff.

I was thinking about 5* Kagero anyway with my 20k feathers. She useful for this for the other ninjas?

I tried turtle traffic with a healer, Olivia, Nino and Robin but they rush too fast.

Venfayth

My feathers are burning a hole in my pocket. I am tempted to make Ursula a 5* because she's going to be useful against
Xander
but she doesn't seem too impressive otherwise.

MegaPanda

4*'d RobinF and Olivia to see if I could use them to beat Ursula, but I realize now that I could've just promoted the 3* Ursula I already have.
¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom