• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSESN

These special maps where everybody needs to survive and the enemy has:

5 units
counters to everything
you cornered in a chokepoint

can fuck right off. So sick of this game.

At least the previous ones were lv 35 at most, so you could brute force. This one is lv 40 with counters to the most common type of unit, infantry.

Mupod

my 5* MRobin is +spd and gets doubled by these ninjas (who have 32 freaking res). Guess he's not gonna be useful here.

But yeah Merric can't one shot Ursula even buffed - he'd win in a 1v1 if I can get it down to that. He can deal with the armor knight in two rounds, so I don't necessarily need a red unit.

I have 4* Camilla and Abel at 40, they might fare better.

edit: https://youtu.be/VWtWXn0kB0w

I think I could almost execute this strategy...my Camilla is only 4* and I highly doubt Robin could kill the axe knight, but I know Merric could. But then Merric would have to kill the red sword at the end to save Camilla and I doubt that's happening.

Sölf

my 5* MRobin is +spd and gets doubled by these ninjas (who have 32 freaking res). Guess he's not gonna be useful here.

But yeah Merric can't one shot Ursula even buffed - he'd win in a 1v1 if I can get it down to that. He can deal with the armor knight in two rounds, so I don't necessarily need a red unit.

I have 4* Camilla and Abel at 40, they might fare better.

edit: https://youtu.be/VWtWXn0kB0w

I think I could almost execute this strategy...my Camilla is only 4* and I highly doubt Robin could kill the axe knight, but I know Merric could. But then Merric would have to kill the red sword at the end to save Camilla and I doubt that's happening.

I only have a 4* Camilla, no Linde and all my mounted units except Elise are 4*. But I also thought about using a Dancer and some other units to try stuff.

Mupod

thinking about it some more if my Abel and Camilla were 5* I could easily do this. As it is, it'll be tight if it works at all. 5 damage brave weapons aren't great. Camilla will probably get doubled by Ursula but she's -spd +res so probably won't take any damage.

Whoa, I just beat the lunatic special map on my first time and literally only using Hector and Julia...

That was unexpected, specially considering that I couldn't manage to beat the previous Grand Battles on Hard!

Mupod

I'll be trying for Effie but I don't expect much, I burned all my orbs hunting for Lucina. Are we getting the event payout before these banners expire?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Bah, I burned my orbs on the princess banner because I felt like doing pulls, even though I do want Effie and Nino.

So I did a pull with 9 orbs and the slate gave me one blue, three reds and one grey. The blue was a 3* Subaki. Screw that.

I'm also having trouble with Ursula Lunatic. Maybe I'll try Camilla as suggested, since those dual poison dagger ninjas are a huge pain. My Robin can survive them but can't seem to hurt them enough.

Maybe something like Camilla + Hinoka with someone healing could work. Hinoka's flier buff is really strong, even if Hinoka herself isn't that great as a unit.

Alucrid

Banned
Are starting positions random or based off of the slot number your character is on the team? If it's the latter I really wish we could deploy our units before battle

Coppanuva

Are starting positions random or based off of the slot number your character is on the team? If it's the latter I really wish we could deploy our units before battle

Based on slot number, kinda sucks a lot since it ends up just being trial and error to find the spaces... Luckily in a lot of maps AI won't move til you're in range so you can burn some turns rearranging units...

Sölf

I tried the video strategy and I can't. Because Jagen is only 4* he dies when I have to kill Ursula. He survives the Sword Cavalier with 1 HP and then gets bodied by the second thief. And Camilla has to take a second hit from Ursula because else Jagen gets oneshot by her. Nino and Julia are both not fast enough to double Ursula so the only other option I may have would be to level up F Robin to 40 and hope I have a better chance with her. Else I just don't see how I should be able to do this.

Tried to see if I could get a 5* Nino and save 20,000 feathers and...

image.png

Then I realized she's +HP -speed...

Venfayth

Whew, 4* Ursula acquired.

I used: 5* level 40 Azura (could easily be replaced by any level of Olivia), 4* level 37 Clarine, 5* level 40 M.Robin, 5* level 40 Catria

Involved such shenanigans as: Clarine equipped with martyr, tanking one turn of a Ninja to bring her down to 2hp so that on her next turn she could heal my M.Robin with 2HP who tanked Ursula back to full health in one round.

Catria tanking the ninjas every turn and taking basically 0 or 2 damage each round was super important as well.

Took a lot of trial and error (used 2 stam drinks), but very difficult and fun.

Kaiterra

Banned
Here's a guide to which party slots start in which position: http://imgur.com/a/5jI0N

That's not my team though. My top tier characters are 5* Hawkeye, Child Tiki, Roy, Ephraim, Nino, Hinoka, Camilla and Jakob. I also have a Lv37 4* Clarine. I thought I had this in the bag by using Nino to bait out Ursula, but then that axe knight teleported in and killed her. I can't touch the ninjas as far as I can tell. I see a lot of advice to use Camilla here but I'm not sure where to position her. If I could just have even one character die it'd be a pretty simple clear probably but as is I end up smushed into a kill box on turn 2. Any suggestions for what to do with this team?

Venfayth

Here's a guide to which party slots start in which position: http://imgur.com/a/5jI0N

That's not my team though. My top tier characters are 5* Hawkeye, Child Tiki, Roy, Ephraim, Nino, Hinoka, Camilla and Jakob. I also have a Lv37 4* Clarine. I thought I had this in the bag by using Nino to bait out Ursula, but then that axe knight teleported in and killed her. I can't touch the ninjas as far as I can tell. I see a lot of advice to use Camilla here but I'm not sure where to position her. If I could just have even one character die it'd be a pretty simple clear probably but as is I end up smushed into a kill box on turn 2. Any suggestions for what to do with this team?

You should be able to win fairly handily, especially if you have a dancer.

I would do something like Olivia/Clarine/Camilla/Nino

You want Camilla to tank the southern ninja to build up her Special. Use Nino to tank (or kill) Ursula on the next turn. If she doesn't die outright then Camilla can finish her. Then it's a matter of dealing with the ninjas and the axe guy. The sword cavalry will basically never do anything as long as the southern ninja is attacking something.

If you forego using Olivia/Clarine you could use a more offensive strategy, but Camilla and Nino are really going to do a lot of work for you.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
My strategy for new challenge map: Move Hector into aggro range.

Map over.

I do the same thing every time... where's the challenge for the Mighty Hector?!

Mupod

Whew, 4* Ursula acquired.

I used: 5* level 40 Azura (could easily be replaced by any level of Olivia), 4* level 37 Clarine, 5* level 40 M.Robin, 5* level 40 Catria

Involved such shenanigans as: Clarine equipped with martyr, tanking one turn of a Ninja to bring her down to 2hp so that on her next turn she could heal my M.Robin with 2HP who tanked Ursula back to full health in one round.

Catria tanking the ninjas every turn and taking basically 0 or 2 damage each round was super important as well.

Took a lot of trial and error (used 2 stam drinks), but very difficult and fun.

I have MRobin, a 40 Clarine (she babysits my leveling units and has slowly gotten up there) and Olivia so I might try this. I'll need to see if 4* Abel can tank the ninjas or if he just gets doubled for a ton of damage, mine is -hp +spd so I could maybe take off his brave lance and just have him soak hits with Aegis.

Kaiterra

Banned
You should be able to win fairly handily, especially if you have a dancer.

I would do something like Olivia/Clarine/Camilla/Nino

You want Camilla to tank the southern ninja to build up her Special. Use Nino to tank (or kill) Ursula on the next turn. If she doesn't die outright then Camilla can finish her. Then it's a matter of dealing with the ninjas and the axe guy. The sword cavalry will basically never do anything as long as the southern ninja is attacking something.

If you forego using Olivia/Clarine you could use a more offensive strategy, but Camilla and Nino are really going to do a lot of work for you.

I don't know if I just have a Camilla with terrible IVs for this strategy but it's not working at all. She doesn't actually survive because she gets pinched between both ninjas. I mean killing Ursula is the least of my problems on this map.

redcrayon

Man, there's no way I'm getting this Ursula before the event is up. Hopefully these rotate out like other games.
Can you not even get the 3* one? A tailored team of 4* characters at level 40 should be able to handle it fairly easily.

I'm still struggling with the lunatic one, going to try 5* Camilla, 4* Cecelia, 4* Olivia and 5* MCorrin later on, I think that might be my
best bet with the units I have.

Venfayth

I have MRobin, a 40 Clarine (she babysits my leveling units and has slowly gotten up there) and Olivia so I might try this. I'll need to see if 4* Abel can tank the ninjas or if he just gets doubled for a ton of damage, mine is -hp +spd so I could maybe take off his brave lance and just have him soak hits with Aegis.

I think Abel could work. I will say that my -HP M.Robin got super close to dying to Ursula, and actually would if he got hit by the Ninja splash or didn't have my Azura's +res buff. If he has -hp or -res and you haven't got anything to buff him he might have some trouble with it.

I don't know if I just have a Camilla with terrible IVs for this strategy but it's not working at all. She doesn't actually survive because she gets pinched between both ninjas. I mean killing Ursula is the least of my problems on this map.

Yeah if your Camilla is -def or -hp that might be unfortunate for this map.

Sölf

I just used up all my orbs, trying to snipe for a good Green or blue unit I may be able to use for this shitfest. Well, I got another 4* Nino and the best thing was a 5* Cordelia. I might be able to pull this off if I level her to 40 and she can survive a hit from Ursula and survive the round after that. It not... I wasted my 47 orbs for nothing.

At least we get another 20 soon, so I can still pull once from the next banner.

Mupod

I actually can't wait for lunch to try the strategy I came up with, lol. I forgot about Merric's awesome AOE special which he'll build up on the axe knight. Gonna go in with Olivia, Merric, Abel and Camilla. Plan is to send out Camilla to lure in Ursula, have Merric get danced and kill the axe knight (I know he can do this at least), then send Camilla after the top ninja. Abel will facetank the other ninja then hopefully have enough left in the tank to help clean up the bottom enemies. The only question is if my 4* units won't have enough stats to deal with this bullshit.

Alucrid

Banned
Based on slot number, kinda sucks a lot since it ends up just being trial and error to find the spaces... Luckily in a lot of maps AI won't move til you're in range so you can burn some turns rearranging units...

thanks, probably should have taken note of it on the special map

Kaiterra

Banned
I think Abel could work. I will say that my -HP M.Robin got super close to dying to Ursula, and actually would if he got hit by the Ninja splash or didn't have my Azura's +res buff. If he has -hp or -res and you haven't got anything to buff him he might have some trouble with it.

Yeah if your Camilla is -def or -hp that might be unfortunate for this map.

Apparently she's -RES/+HP. So she's probably taking more damage from Ursula than she could be.

I tried the strategy in the folowing video (with Hinoka instead of Peri) and it worked though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWtWXn0kB0w&feature=youtu.be

Elepsis

Neo Member
My strategy for new challenge map: Move Hector into aggro range.

Map over.

I do the same thing every time... where's the challenge for the Mighty Hector?!

My Hector is +HP/-Speed, so he gets double hit by the red knight and then double hit again by Ursula, which he can't survive even if I buff his defense. Sigh.

Akuun

Apparently she's -RES/+HP. So she's probably taking more damage from Ursula than she could be.

I tried the strategy in the folowing video (with Hinoka instead of Peri) and it worked though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWtWXn0kB0w&feature=youtu.be
Interesting, but I'm not sure if I have anyone who can take down that green knight in two turns like this guy's Linde.

Camilla being a strong tank on this map is very useful information, though.

Venfayth

Interesting, but I'm not sure if I have anyone who can take down that green knight in two turns like this guy's Linde.

Camilla being a strong tank on this map is very useful information, though.

M.Robin can take the green knight down with a dance, actually, I would wager most level 40 mages could.

Gotchaye

My team's having a lot of trouble with this and I think I need to level someone up.

Catria can tank the ninjas and kill the sword cavalier but not Ursula. Takumi gets doubled and killed by the ninjas and could kill Ursula in two attacks.

If Takumi gets a +4 Spd buff he can double and kill Ursula and hopefully clear the way for Catria to do work on the ninjas and cavalier. So that means Hone/Spur Spd 3 or Rally Spd. I don't think I have anyone with Spur Spd 3 who could also tank a ninja. I have Eirika with Hone Spd, but if I use her that's basically all she's going to be good for since I don't think she can touch the axe knight. There's Matthew but he'd be a huge pain to get up to 4* and level. But Rally Spd looks promising. Caeda has it along with an Armorslayer and Fortify Flyers at 4*. If I level her up a bit she can help Takumi kill Ursula and also make sure Catria survives in great health, plus she herself should be pretty resilient to the ninjas. She can probably survive a round with the axe knight but I don't think she's winning the fight.

So then as a fourth member I could bring someone to specifically kill the Axe Knight, like Tiki. Or a healer who might be able to ensure that Caeda can kill him, although none of my healers are that great. Or a pretty low-level Olivia just for Dance, as long as she can stay away from the ninjas. Or I guess just some random buffer.

bjork

Can you not even get the 3* one? A tailored team of 4* characters at level 40 should be able to handle it fairly easily.

I'm still struggling with the lunatic one, going to try 5* Camilla, 4* Cecelia, 4* Olivia and 5* MCorrin later on, I think that might be my
best bet with the units I have.

I don't have anyone at level 40, is most of the problem. But I play this pretty casually, so if it doesn't happen, it's not the end of the world.

Venfayth

My team's having a lot of trouble with this and I think I need to level someone up.

Catria can tank the ninjas and kill the sword cavalier but not Ursula. Takumi gets doubled and killed by the ninjas and could kill Ursula in two attacks.

If Takumi gets a +4 Spd buff he can double and kill Ursula and hopefully clear the way for Catria to do work on the ninjas and cavalier. So that means Hone/Spur Spd 3 or Rally Spd. I don't think I have anyone with Spur Spd 3 who could also tank a ninja. I have Eirika with Hone Spd, but if I use her that's basically all she's going to be good for since I don't think she can touch the axe knight. There's Matthew but he'd be a huge pain to get up to 4* and level. But Rally Spd looks promising. Caeda has it along with an Armorslayer and Fortify Flyers at 4*. If I level her up a bit she can help Takumi kill Ursula and also make sure Catria survives in great health, plus she herself should be pretty resilient to the ninjas. She can probably survive a round with the axe knight but I don't think she's winning the fight.

So then as a fourth member I could bring someone to specifically kill the Axe Knight, like Tiki. Or a healer who might be able to ensure that Caeda can kill him, although none of my healers are that great. Or a pretty low-level Olivia just for Dance, as long as she can stay away from the ninjas. Or I guess just some random buffer.

Catria + (Mage Who Can Tank Ursula) + Healer + Dancer is what I did, Especially if the healer has martyr and can heal the tank up to full so that they can two-turn Ursula with a dance on the next round. I'd imagine Takumi could fit in this role, but the mage is also what I used to kill the green knight and I don't think Takumi would work as well there.

M.Robin can take the green knight down with a dance, actually, I would wager most level 40 mages could.

Can confirm. M Robin continues to show why he is the MVP. Used the Camilla trick with MRobin and beat it on lunatic.

One for sure combo would be M Robin, Camilla, Olivia/Azura, and really anyone that can survive an attack or two like Effie or possibly a blue Calvary or flier.

Can confirm. M Robin continues to show why he is the MVP. Used the Camilla trick with MRobin and beat it on lunatic.

One for sure combo would be M Robin, Camilla, Olivia/Azura, and really anyone that can survive an attack or two like Effie or possibly a blue Calvary or flier.

Hmm. My main team is MRobin/Camilla/Catria/Lucina. Olivia has to be in there though, right? I could train her up and sub her in. Instead of Lucina, as odd as that sounds?

Akuun

Hmm. My main team is MRobin/Camilla/Catria/Lucina. Olivia has to be in there though, right? I could train her up and sub her in. Instead of Lucina, as odd as that sounds?
I've found Lucina to be surprisingly useless on that map because of the number of blues and Poison Dagger users on that map. It's pretty safe to swap her out there.

Venfayth

Question:

I have 4 Olivias:

1*
2*
3*
3*

What's the best way to promote/merge them to one ideal unit? Does it matter what their IVs are?

Theoretically you'd promote them all up to 4* (if that's what you plan on stopping at), compare IVs at that point, and then merge them all into the one with the best IVs.

If you promote a unit it loses all it's + levels (from merging), so you do it at the end of the process.

evangd007

Spent 100 orbs on the princess banner.

Ordered from best to worst, I got 4* Tharja with -spd/+res, 4* Nino with -atk/+def, a lot of garbage, and a 5* Hinoka.

Theoretically you'd promote them all up to 4* (if that's what you plan on stopping at), compare IVs at that point, and then merge them all into the one with the best IVs.

If you promote a unit it loses all it's + levels (from merging), so you do it at the end of the process.

Ah... that's a lot of leveling up. Well, what the hell, maybe I'll go for it. (As soon as I'm done, I'll finally pull Azura).

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Well spent my last 102 orbs on the Nino/Effie banner and only pulled on Blue/Green. Got 1 5* which was Azura. The rest was generally pretty garbage though T_T....

Anything useful here for my team? I'm currently using:
5* +ATK, -RES Takumi
4* +ATK Olivia
5* Sharena
4* Gunter/Cecilia/Anna

5* Azura (yay, -HP, +DEF... that seems fine) <-- except I already have 5* Sharena and am using a 4* +ATK Olivia... hm.
4* Hawkeye
4* Merric (+ATK, -HP)

3* Nino (+RES, -ATK)
3* Nino (+ATK, -RES)
3* FCorrin (+ATK, -Res... this seems decent?)
3* Robin (-HP, +SPD - how is this?)

Dupe 4*s: 4* Gunter (already have one at lvl 40 T_T)
4* Abel (already have him as well at lvl 40...)
4* Frederick (already have one as well...)

and lots of 3*s... (3* Cherche, 3* Oboro x 3, 3* Sully, 3* Beruka x 2, 3* Barst, 3* Shanna x2, 3* Arthur, 3* Florina, 3* Donnel)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom