• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

I'll see what I can do with 4* Catria and 3* F.Robin.

It's just such a pain in the ass to invest time in non level 5*. I'm at least a month away from enough feathers for another unlock potential, but I guess that's an universal problem f2p players will have to face in the initial state of the game.

Ninferno

Reinhardt is fucking scary. He has the longest range of any Brave weapon user with a decent attack stat so he can just charge up to you from halfway across the map and delete anyone without good resist. He's a monster in defense arena matches. I'm just glad not many people has woken up to him yet.

Yeah, he's a monster. Fortunately I do have Nino so he's always welcome to commit suicide. On my newer alt account though, I'm still scratching my head so hard to formulate a consistent Reinhardt countering plan.

Ninferno

33 Def? Fuck thats absurd, she has 22 at level 28 right now. I really won't level her up to 40 just for this, specially considering I would have to do it all over again once I promote her to 5*.

I guess 4* Ursula is just impossible for me.

I was more or less in the same boat as you. I have a 4* Catria and she's absolutely my MVP in that 4* Ursula map. I did train her to lv40 though because she was one of the arena bonus characters last season. But even without that, she's still one of the better lance users so I don't see the training as a waste, unless you desperately needs a good blue unit and is planning on upgrading her to 5* real soon, which judging from what you said, isn't the case.

At 4* lv 40 her defense is not insanely high, at 26 based, but she has Seal Atk 2 which lowers the poison dagger ninja's Atk by 5. My 4* Catria is neither +Def nor +Spd so she takes 7 damage per hit and gets doubled so it looks like she take 7*2 = 14 per turn, but that's just the 1st turn. The next turn she's only taking 4, which is hugely negligible. And like others have said, she also can kill the sword knight faster, thanks to higher Atk, Spd, and obviously Luna, which the ninjas help you charge up every time:)

What I'm trying to say is, training 4* Catria is worth it, if you really want to beat the 4* Ursula map. I'm one of those lazy guys who really do not want to train some otherwise mediocre units just to beat the map, so I brought two of my mains to the map, Nino and Marth. My Nino did the exact same thing as many others' FemRobin, kill Ursula in turn 1. But my Nino is not +Spd, she has the based 36 Spd which is not enough to double Ursula. This is where Marth comes in, with Spur Spd. Fortunately my Marth s +Spd -HP so he doesn't get doubled by the ninja, still he takes 20 damage so I need a healer to heal him every turn (at -HP he only has 37 HP). But I also need my healer to heal Catria who's tanking another ninja. What is the solution? Well, Falchion healing! So at the turn Falchion healing triggers, I divert my healer to heal Catria instead. And there's also occasion where I need to use Nino to pull my healer back to avoid staying in the ninjas' range after healing.

And just like that, I finally piece my solution together. I don't have any of those "recommended" units like Hector, Camilla, or Effie and I refused to train or upgrade FemRobin, Narcian, or Subaki just for this map. It's surprisingly satisfying that I just make use of some of my usual units' abilities like Draw Back, Falchion, Spur Spd, Seal Atk and solve the puzzle. This feel really good.

1_zps4cwyjylr.png

spiritfox

What's the best activated skill not taking into account stats and weapons? Just wondering if I should grab some heroes with Luna for skill inheritance.

Wichu

I'll see what I can do with 4* Catria and 3* F.Robin.

It's just such a pain in the ass to invest time in non level 5*. I'm at least a month away from enough feathers for another unlock potential, but I guess that's an universal problem f2p players will have to face in the initial state of the game.

If you have a hero with a defense boosting skill, you can do it with less base defense. I used my Hinoka with 25 Def, boosting it using Sharena (+4 at the start of each turn) and later her own passive (+7 while less than 50% HP). FRobin baited Ursula (you need at least 31 Atk to kill her on the counter), then killed the knight while Sharena-boosted Hinoka tanked the ninjas.

There's also an AI quirk where it will always go for attacks before moves, even if moving first will guarantee a kill - if you have FRobin next to the wall attacking the knight, with your tank below her and a ninja above the knight, the ninja will move down to attack the tank, blocking the knight in place and letting you throw more magic at it (rather than the knight moving down and the ninja killing FRobin).

I used this strategy from Reddit - you probably can't use this exact plan (I think it assumes your tank can one-shot the ninjas), but it should give you some ideas. There's a ton of strategies in that thread, and there's a high chance at least one of them will work for you.

So everyone's jumping on team Lucina so they can be on the winning side huh? You bastards.

Eh, joke's on them. I'm fairly certain I'll be in the top 10000 on Ephraim so that's 2200 feathers, and I think I have a chance at making top 5000 for another 400 feathers.

Luck finally ran out on the Princes banner, tried to orb-hunt and take advantage of the 3.75% (7.5%?) chance to get Leo or Chrom before it expired and got burnt big-time. 59 orbs to 0, and nothing but dupes to show for it. Bummer.

Ekid

is there going to be a banner of brand new characters this week? got like 100 orbs i want to burn

Yes next banner with new characters should be up next Monday/Tuesday.

The real question is if they will continue with the sibling bond thematic, because there are still a good number of sibling left.

FE1/3/11/12:
Jubelo/Yuliya
Matthis/Lena

FE4:
Sigurd/Ethlyn
Edain/Brigid
Shannan/Ayra
Claud/Sylvia
+ the 2nd gen.

FE7:
Ninian/Nils
Raven/Priscilla
Karel/Karla
LLoyd/Linus

FE8:
Innes/Tana
Ewan/Tethys

FE9:
Ike/Mist(one can dream...)
Makalov/Marcia
Geoffey/Lucia

+ some other I probably forgot.

Coppanuva

Yeah, he's a monster. Fortunately I do have Nino so he's always welcome to commit suicide. On my newer alt account though, I'm still scratching my head so hard to formulate a consistent Reinhardt countering plan.

So glad I have him... haven't got him maxed for arena yet though. Gonna make my team a pain to fight.

Just got Lucina from my last rolls +DEF -RES

Whyyyyyyyyyy

+ DEF isn't terrible. She goes up to 29, which is respectably tanking for her. Since she can't take a magic hit well either, =RES isn't bad. Her speed and attack are neutral, so you really won't run into trouble against most enemies.

Quixzlizx

TFW you spend your very last orbs on the princess banner and get Lucina instead of Eirika when you have a Nino team.

She's -atk/+spd too... I don't know how gimped that makes her.

2 -atk Camillas from this god forsaken princess banner.

Why is it so difficult to get a decent green? My Anna is 4 stars now. Maybe I'll be able to upgrade her in a couple months

Sushen

TFW you spend your very last orbs on the princess banner and get Lucina instead of Eirika when you have a Nino team.

She's -atk/+spd too... I don't know how gimped that makes her.
That's what I got, which is better than -Spd. So far, she looks good as I'm busy getting her to max level along with other characters I got in the last pulls.

I look forward to the next banner, although not going to spend money for a while.

Mupod

I'll have exactly 20 orbs for the Effie banner tomorrow, so hopefully we get the event rewards right away. I don't regret putting 60 into the princess one because I got Lucina. I won't be opening red orbs for a very long time.

Unless I fall tens of thousands of spots in the event I'll be close to 40k feathers as well, I'd be there but I've upgraded a few units to 4*. Waiting on inheritance to decide what I do. I have some very promising 3* and 4* units but nothing that actually fits well into my team.

I need a tanky blue or green and a strong physical green. I also have a lack of colorless, I won't be pulling greys on the effie banner but if I accidentally find a Felicia I won't cry about it because she'd be situationally useful.

Just got Lucina from my last rolls +DEF -RES

Whyyyyyyyyyy

huh? that's not bad at all. If I get a 5* that isn't -atk or -spd I'm generally very happy with it. I keep a spreadsheet of my stats and it's horrifying how many gimped units I have.

Scum

Decided to start FE:Heroes on another phone. Got a +ATK -RES (I think) Lucina. Why couldn't I get her on my main save...? Boourns.

Quixzlizx

my last 3 matches were 3 reds vs nothing but Ephraims and Lindes, fucking hell people stop putting Lucina in spot 1.

I just had a match with Ephraim, Minerva, and Camilla vs Takumi/Ryoma/Ryoma, and it was the lava map with Takumi guarding the chokepoint, and it was a map where the AI won't move until you enter threat range.

Luckily Ephraim was able to tank the first round from Takumi, or it would've been RIP in pieces for me.

IceMarker

When the daily 2 orb log-in bonus ends I wonder how/if they're going to find a way to consistently keep F2P players orb counts relatively consistent. I figure right now we're looking at about a 5-pull per week, I'm afraid after the log-in bonus disappears we're going to be looking at a 5-pull per 2 weeks.

Gotchaye

I leveled up my new Eirika and then was able to do the harder Ursula map, but it turned out the stats on Eirika were totally unimportant, and in fact anyone with Rally Speed would have worked just as well. I was right that the speed buff made a huge difference, since then Takumi was able to counter and kill Ursula. Catria is then totally invulnerable to the ninjas after they attack her once and get debuffed, and Takumi has all the time in the world to chip down the axe knight with the occasional Vengeance.

Mupod

When the daily 2 orb log-in bonus ends I wonder how/if they're going to find a way to consistently keep F2P players orb counts relatively consistent. I figure right now we're looking at about a 5-pull per week, I'm afraid after the log-in bonus disappears we're going to be looking at a 5-pull per 2 weeks.

I'm sure they'll have something to replace the launch celebration maps and login bonus. I'm assuming the login thing got extended while they worked on a replacement.

What I'd like is if they kept the orb trickle similar but you actually had to do something other than log in or autobattle a level 15 map to get it. Like a daily mission or random map.

redcrayon

I'm sure they'll have something to replace the launch celebration maps and login bonus. I'm assuming the login thing got extended while they worked on a replacement.

What I'd like is if they kept the orb trickle similar but you actually had to do something other than log in or autobattle a level 15 map to get it. Like a daily mission or random map.
What might be cool is if they've got a way of looking at the characters you've got, having a daily mission where you have to include one you haven't used much? Maybe that's too complex compared to offering the same thing to everyone.

I'm sure they'll keep some kind of orb trickle somehow too- they need to keep people pulling to drive desire to pull more.

Someone had the idea of providing a secondary summon currency instead. Dunno how that would work though.

There is a "4 star Focus" text in the game script, which I'm wondering if it's related. Maybe you could use the secondary currency to pull from 4 and 3 stars, with a chance of getting a 4 star Focus.

Got an Olwen. Uhhh ... she seems pretty bad. But perhaps can be saved with inheritance.

I got her to 40 and used her for the 4* Ursula map. She actually is pretty good. The only other Brave Tome user is her brother Reinhardt to my knowledge. He has better skills but according to the guides she outstats him in speed. She can 1 turn a lot of units and her being a mounted unit makes it very easy to initiate an attack. Reposition of course is really good at saving units. Brave tome users in general are really great if they have someone with spur or hone attack, since you are basically getting double the buff. I think with Inheritance and giving her something like deathblow (It is that skill that gives +attack when you initiate attack, which Effie and Ursula have) she will murder most units on attack. Though if you get a brave weapon unit with -atk, that is really bad since the weapon and unit usually have less attack to make up for getting double attacks.

No idea how they'll change the game with the next update r.e. orbs, but if I can't earn a similar amount to now, I'll probably drop it very quickly. Make it a daily quest or something, but anything less than 2 orbs (which is only a character every 2.5 days) + monthly quests won't cut it.

Jims

Finally was able to complete the 4* Ursula map, after something like 9 or 10 attempts. Ended up getting it with a Nino/Subaki/Olivia/Sakura team. My Nino is -ATK, so she needed Sakura's buffs as well as Olivia's to kill Ursula on Turn 1. And then Subaki, since he can swap Nino and tank the ninjas. This would've been easier with a Takumi, I suspect.

Fun little puzzle challenge, though. It really encourages you to build up, like, 20-30 useful characters just to cover specific designed scenarios.

Sushen

It'll be like 1 pull per week at most if that for me unless I pay. I've got only 6 more levels to clear the lunatic maps and have no other way to earn orbs. It'll be lots of leveling up for no reason other than that's all I can do in the game.

BTW Eirika at 4* is pretty useless, right?

Verelios

It'll be like 1 pull per week at most if that for me unless I pay. I've got only 6 more levels to clear the lunatic maps and have no other way to earn orbs. It'll be lots of leveling up for no reason other than that's all I can do in the game.

BTW Eirika at 4* is pretty useless, right?
Yeah...I have 3...for some reason and two 5* Eirika so 5 in total. They're pretty good for rally speed and as rear but not exactly top of the line if you know what I mean.

toneroni

Welp, out of flags now. Haven't really played the event much until today. Hope I don't drop too much! Rank 1200ish army and 18k overall.
Now to try and beat the tougher Ursula..

Articalys

Back with a couple more questions:
- How useless is a character with a nature that goes against their strongest stat?
- I know people have been talking about holding off on any promotion/merging until they explain more about this upcoming skill transfer feature, but if I got the free 1/2* Hanas from the daily map and already have a 4* from the gacha, I might as well just merge them in for a bit of extra SP?

Back with a couple more questions:
- How useless is a character with a nature that goes against their strongest stat?
- I know people have been talking about holding off on any promotion/merging until they explain more about this upcoming skill transfer feature, but if I got the free 1/2* Hanas from the daily map and already have a 4* from the gacha, I might as well just merge them in for a bit of extra SP?

- unforunately some natures can make a top tier character just ok. In many cases they are usable, but bad natures can mean your character can't double people, can't one shot, or now are themselves susceptible to a one shot.

- I think doing anything right now without knowing how skill inheritance works out is unwise. SP is one of the few commodities in the game you will have an abundance of by the end. You are almost better sending them home for the 15 feathers, than merging for a meager helping of SP. basically don't do anything right now.

Really intrigued to see what they do with earning orbs after tomorrow. I'd honestly be ok if Sunday or Monday the tower allowed you to grind feathers with random orbs mixed in. getting a trickle of free orbs is what keeps a larger active playing base alive which in turn will increase the odds of people spending actual money. If they kept giving me free orbs in some manner and a banner I really wanted to take part in came about I may be willing to spend money on it, if they give me nothing then I am spending nothing and am just going to use what I already got.

Syntsui

Every relevant Gacha out there has, even if negligible, a steady income of free currency. They will kill the game if they don't give daily/weekly/monthly currency.

I understand that the way the rates work and the amount of currency they have been given is insane, people are legit spoiled. But they absolutely cannot scrap it altogether.

Let's see how they will handle everything.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Had to level my female robin to 40 to clear Lunatic Ursula. Question is, now what? Lol

FRobin only really needed 31 attack to OHKO Ursula though? I guess having a lvl 40 FRobin isn't that bad. She'll murder any blue mage, especially Cavalry ones (the main ones being Robin, Linde, Ursula, Olwen and Reinhardt now).

Every relevant Gacha out there has, even if negligible, a steady income of free currency. They will kill the game if they don't give daily/weekly/monthly currency.

I understand that the way the rates work and the amount of currency they have been given is insane, people are legit spoiled. But they absolutely cannot scrap it altogether.

Let's see how they will handle everything.

I think so long if they can match the output they have now through challenges (quests, paralogues, a unique challenge map for orbs). Maybe not reduce how much one can get in the same period they can now, but make people earn them rather than auto battling paralogues and simply logging in to get them. Imagine if they could give hector completely broken stats surrounded by glass cannon mages, and if you can take down Hector with all members surviving you will get max orbs, and less and less depending on how many survive. A map like that would be able to use all existing assets and max payout would be rewarding to accomplish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom