• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no best banner, and it depends on what you need/lack of.
Also do not expect to pull anything good >.<

Also, when you get to this stage, unless you're trying to just get a bunch of new blood, it may be better to pull for colors that you're lacking on or want to buff up.

scy

One last batch of 20 orbs to throw at Princess banner -> 1 red summon to be had -> Lucina. Only took to 4.5% but got there. +DEF -HP so at least avoided a -ATK or -SPD.

Time for the next banner to have her anyway and an insta dupe.

OVDRobo

Huge thanks to everyone on team Lucina for setting a red unit as their party leader in the final battle against Ephraim his blue friends.

We won the waifu war but failed to pass the basic competency test.

spiritfox

Huge thanks to everyone on team Lucina for setting a red unit as their party leader in the final battle against Ephraim his blue friends.

We won the waifu war but failed to pass the basic competency test.

Don't worry, everyone on the other side is using all Reds too.

Sölf

Jesus I finally beat the lunatic Ursula map. I spent WAY too many ressources to make that happen, but I had fun. And, well, I now have a level 39 Cordelia and 3 other characters who are nearly level 40, including F Robin and my Kagero.

Articalys

Hey folks, I've been dipping my toes in this game a bit after I finally downloaded it to burn off extra My Nintendo coins at the end of February (and ended up accidentally wasting another couple months worth, but that's neither here nor there for this thread). After the tutorial stuff and a bunch of login bonuses and other things, I had enough for a couple full summons and wound up with 5* Chrom and 4* Hana, Caeda, and Frederick for top units. Between them and the starter trio, plus a couple other 3*s I'm keeping an eye on maybe trying to develop (Serra, Gordin, and Est for healing, ranged, and having a backup lancer who can armorbreak) I guess that's not too bad for low level play.

Anyway, since the whole leveling/promoting/stat system seems a bit complex, I just wanted to ask to make sure I've got all the mechanics down properly, since the info's spread out across the help pages on every different screen in-game:
- Each unit has a fixed total amount of base stat points at max level, but the exact distribution will vary from unit to unit. I don't know if the order the game chooses to increase those stats as you level up on the way is randomized or not.
- Feeding a dupe of a lower rarity just gets you extra skill points, but feeding one of equal rarity gets you SP and a small stat increase.
- Shards can help level a unit up to level 20. Crystals can help level a unit up to the max (40).
- Once a unit is at least level 20, you can promote them to the next highest rarity, increasing their base stat total and unlocking new skills to purchase, but resetting their level to 1 (and accordingly, resetting their level-up stat increases as well).
- Feathers are needed to promote any unit. Additionally, promoting to 2-4* requires Badges, while promoting to a 5* requires Great Badges.
- For shards/crystals/badges, they need to match the character color. The universal gold ones get used for shards/crystals if you're out of the matching ones for whoever you're leveling.

Did I get all that right?

A couple other random questions:
- This one is kind of dumb, but SP and unlocked skills are preserved after you promote, right?
- Am I doing something wrong or is sorting broken on all the party screens except for team selection? And on the same note, on the team selection screen itself, I hate how selected team members jump to the top of the list no matter what sorting is being applied.
- When you start summoning, but before you pick the first orb color, it saves the orb layout so there's no way to reshuffle if you don't like the selection, yes? So even if it's less orb-efficient, is it smarter to only pull on colors you want/need and exit the summon session once there aren't any more left?

Thanks a bunch, and as somebody who's only played FE like once, eight or so years ago, this is kind of fun, though the random layout elements can be annoying.

Thinking of making an Olivia 4 Star. I don't use her for attack since i have Hector, Takumi, Young Tiki. I have a bunch of 3 star ones so which stats should I look for so I can level and evo one?

Wichu

Hey folks, I've been dipping my toes in this game a bit after I finally downloaded it to burn off extra My Nintendo coins at the end of February (and ended up accidentally wasting another couple months worth, but that's neither here nor there for this thread). After the tutorial stuff and a bunch of login bonuses and other things, I had enough for a couple full summons and wound up with 5* Chrom and 4* Hana, Caeda, and Frederick for top units. Between them and the starter trio, plus a couple other 3*s I'm keeping an eye on maybe trying to develop (Serra, Gordin, and Est for healing, ranged, and having a backup lancer who can armorbreak) I guess that's not too bad for low level play.

Anyway, since the whole leveling/promoting/stat system seems a bit complex, I just wanted to ask to make sure I've got all the mechanics down properly, since the info's spread out across the help pages on every different screen in-game:
- Each unit has a fixed total amount of base stat points at max level, but the exact distribution will vary from unit to unit. I don't know if the order the game chooses to increase those stats as you level up on the way is randomized or not.
- Feeding a dupe of a lower rarity just gets you extra skill points, but feeding one of equal rarity gets you SP and a small stat increase.
- Shards can help level a unit up to level 20. Crystals can help level a unit up to the max (40).
- Once a unit is at least level 20, you can promote them to the next highest rarity, increasing their base stat total and unlocking new skills to purchase, but resetting their level to 1 (and accordingly, resetting their level-up stat increases as well).
- Feathers are needed to promote any unit. Additionally, promoting to 2-4* requires Badges, while promoting to a 5* requires Great Badges.
- For shards/crystals/badges, they need to match the character color. The universal gold ones get used for shards/crystals if you're out of the matching ones for whoever you're leveling.

Did I get all that right?

A couple other random questions:
- This one is kind of dumb, but SP and unlocked skills are preserved after you promote, right?
- Am I doing something wrong or is sorting broken on all the party screens except for team selection? And on the same note, on the team selection screen itself, I hate how selected team members jump to the top of the list no matter what sorting is being applied.
- When you start summoning, but before you pick the first orb color, it saves the orb layout so there's no way to reshuffle if you don't like the selection, yes? So even if it's less orb-efficient, is it smarter to only pull on colors you want/need and exit the summon session once there aren't any more left?

Thanks a bunch, and as somebody who's only played FE like once, eight or so years ago, this is kind of fun, though the random layout elements can be annoying.

You have everything right.

You can find your exact level 40 stats from your level 1 stats, as level 1 stats and level 40 stats are fixed per character and known. +/-1 in a stat compared to your character's average at level 1 will result in an increase/decrease in that stat at level 40 (usually 3, but depends on the character and stat). I'm not sure about intermediate stats (whether they're randomised or not).

Yes, SP and skills are preserved when you promote.

All screens list your current party at the top, regardless of the sort order. The rest of your units will be sorted as expected.

No, there's no way to reset the stone colours without exiting the summoning session. If you're aiming for units or even just 5*s, it's worth wasting an orb to exit the summoning session when you run out of the colours you want.

Note that stones that are the colour of the current summoning focus will have a higher chance of being a 5* for obvious reasons (each focus character of that colour adds approximately 3% to the probability). For example, if you're using the Princesses banner (Elise/Eirika/Lucina), red stones have a ~9% chance of having a 5*, grey stones have a ~6% chance, and green/blue have a ~3% chance. From that banner, I would only summon from red stones and exit once there are no more reds, unless you really want Elise.

Whizkid7

I've been Team Ephraim since the start of this gauntlet and I'll be damned if I don't fight against the waifu my hardest even if it is doomed to fail.

MrDaravon

Starting to get really annoyed trying to level up my best units in the Training Tower (I'm in the mid-20s). Even when I bring units based on opposing colors half the time I just wind up getting fucked hard because I get a shitty map layout/starting positions where I don't have the right ranged or flying unit or whatever, or one of the enemies has some skill I couldn't have possibly known before loading into the map that unexpectedly one-shots me etc. It's very frustrating and I've just been spinning my wheels in the low to mid-20s with my entire team for like a week now, I HAVE to be doing something wrong but I don't know what. If I do stratums below my character levels I get very little experience, if do stratums at or above my level I seem to get fucked half of the time.

I've completed multiple FE games, I know how the mechanics work. I really really hate the small map sizes/teams/no prep phase, I feel like a lot of the time it's a total crapshoot what I'm going to get loading into a map. My levels are preventing me from completing all of the current content at even it's lowest level, I can't touch the lowest level version of the Ursula map for example.

Syntsui

I can't contribute to the event because there is no source of flags available anymore. It also turns out I wasn't able to get the best rewards in any round. I'm pretty sure they didn't think this through.

5 flags a day is a bad joke.

kswiston

I can't contribute to the event because there is no source of flags available anymore. It also turns out I wasn't able to get the best rewards in any round. I'm pretty sure they didn't think this through.

5 flags a day is a bad joke.

Define best rewards. Top ranks were always going to be the people spending all of their flags on a single round with the bonus character as their leader and as many battles as possible in that 36 hours.

Mupod

Kinda wish I hadn't burned 100 flags in the first round. That ended up not being enough to get anything. But I still had every other flag and I'm gonna pour em all in today, already at 40,000. Hopefully I can get a rank amid all the people who jumped on the Lucina bandwagon late.

Second run at arena went much better. 4235 with 3* Sully. Finally got a defense too.

Sölf;231864223 said:
Jesus I finally beat the lunatic Ursula map. I spent WAY too many ressources to make that happen, but I had fun. And, well, I now have a level 39 Cordelia and 3 other characters who are nearly level 40, including F Robin and my Kagero.

I only used one potion when I started to get close, but I seriously spent all day at work thinking about how to beat that map without having to level new characters. It ended up coming down to a risky move and trusting in Robin's tankiness. I had made it down to the last two guys a few times and it took 3 variations of moves until I found the solution.

So is it normal for a unit to not retain their level up after dying but still winning the stage? I was training my Carmilla by suicide jumping the enemies for exp but noticed she doesn't keep the level up after completing the stage.

Puruzi

Banned
So is it normal for a unit to not retain their level up after dying but still winning the stage? I was training my Carmilla by suicide jumping the enemies for exp but noticed she doesn't keep the level up after completing the stage.
That's the penalty for dying since they can't really have permadeath in a game like this. They have to live to keep exp gains.

Sushen

Define best rewards. Top ranks were always going to be the people spending all of their flags on a single round with the bonus character as their leader and as many battles as possible in that 36 hours.
That's what I did although I was only 3000th-Ish after dumping all my flags in one round. I only played like 7-8 games. I was happy to get 1300 plus 500 for winning.

Only regret is that I didn't realize the prize doubles, and you I should have all in the final round.

kswiston

That's what I did although I was only 3000th-Ish after dumping all my flags in one round. I only played like 7-8 games. I was happy to get 1300 plus 500 for winning.

Only regret is that I didn't realize the prize doubles, and you I should have all in the final round.

There are a ton of people playing. If you figure that you could theoretically play over 60x in a round, there are going to be a number of no-life players using all their flags AND playing 30+ times in one round.

Sushen

I also noticed she dropped to A+ tier in the list.

Not related, trying to like Leo, but he seems just ok. Am I using him wrong?

elty

I also noticed she dropped to A+ tier in the list.

Not related, trying to like Leo, but he seems just ok. Am I using him wrong?

His niche is kiting and baiting archer to double counter, both are difficult to pull out. Being unable to kill Hector despite being a red mage makes him bad,

There are a ton of people playing. If you figure that you could theoretically play over 60x in a round, there are going to be a number of no-life players using all their flags AND playing 30+ times in one round.

Just to tag on here, the theoretical maximum total score if you have no life and/or botted is (3x45x2-13+1130)x110=152570.

Syntsui

Spend the flags, get the best reward, don't ever get near the best reward because there is no more source of flags. That's a shitty designed event.

I couldn't get the best rewards ever because I got the flags too sparsely and they never added up properly.

kswiston

Just to tag on here, the theoretical maximum total score if you have no life and/or botted is (3x45x2-13+1130)x110=152570.

Pretty much.

I wasted 105 flags before I knew about the bonus. I also had 205 flags (plus tomorrow's 5) unused going into this round where I lack either of the bonus characters. With my 315 unboosted flags, 815 boosted flags, and fairly minor (under 10 battles) playing each round, I am heading towards a score of 122k-123k.

The base score for spending all of your flags with no bonus is 113k. The base score for spending all of your flags with a bonus is 124.3k So that top 100k is going to be packed with people whose scores differ by only a few percent until we get to the no-lifers/botters at the top of the ranking list.

Spend the flags, get the best reward, don't ever get near the best reward because there is no more source of flags. That's a shitty designed event.

I couldn't get the best rewards ever because I got the flags too sparsely and they never added up properly.

The sadder part is that the event offered zero challenge if went in with a low level lead character. I just entered every battle with a < lv 10 character (usually Eirika, but I had to switch to a colorless char to get the 100 flags assigned to that color) and easily mopped up with the lv 35-40 character they assigned me from my friend's list. All of the enemies were matched from your lead's level.

I think it's actually more efficient to get near the middle of the reward. You can only get the best reward once, and then you're stuck at the lower rewards for the rest of the matchups. If you get the middle reward for every matchup, the total feathers is higher than getting the best reward once.

Note that stones that are the colour of the current summoning focus will have a higher chance of being a 5* for obvious reasons (each focus character of that colour adds approximately 3% to the probability). For example, if you're using the Princesses banner (Elise/Eirika/Lucina), red stones have a ~9% chance of having a 5*, grey stones have a ~6% chance, and green/blue have a ~3% chance. From that banner, I would only summon from red stones and exit once there are no more reds, unless you really want Elise.
Actually, it's not 3% chance of getting EACH focus character, it's 3% chance of getting A focus character. So in your example, you'd have a slightly higher than 1.5% chance of gettinf Eirika or Lucina, and slightly higher than a 3% chance of getting Elise (accounting for getting them via the normal 3% 5 star vs the focus 3%). Basically they first check for the category, and then you have an equal chance of every eligible character in that category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom