• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

- unforunately some natures can make a top tier character just ok. In many cases they are usable, but bad natures can mean your character can't double people, can't one shot, or now are themselves susceptible to a one shot.

- I think doing anything right now without knowing how skill inheritance works out is unwise. SP is one of the few commodities in the game you will have an abundance of by the end. You are almost better sending them home for the 15 feathers, than merging for a meager helping of SP. basically don't do anything right now.
Are there calculators that work for levels other than 1 or 40 to let me know which stat distribution I might have? Not like I'm going to reroll at this point or have the option to try to get a replacement, but it would be nice to know.

OVDRobo

Are there calculators that work for levels other than 1 or 40 to let me know which stat distribution I might have? Not like I'm going to reroll at this point or have the option to try to get a replacement, but it would be nice to know.

It's impossible to tell since level-ups are random. You might get an onslaught of terrible level-ups early on that only increase one or two stats, but they'll be made up for later by repeated multiple stat level-ups. Ultimately, characters of a given star rating all end up with the same final stats with a minus/plus for their respective boon/bane, but one level 25 5* character might vary wildly in stats compared to another level 25 of the same 5* character due to the random distribution of stat points across levels.

While it's probably to my detriment, I've never paid much attention to my characters boon/banes. I'll notice little oddities here and there like an enemy version of the same character doing slightly more damage but I'm assuming they're probably okay since I haven't got anyone on my team that I feel is useless. Obviously if you're going in hard on the arena rankings, you'll want to optimise everything but it's not worth getting rid of a character that you want over boon/bane issues unless it's a catastrophic pairing.

Slashlen

If they're over 20, you can go into the Unlock Potential screen and see their lvl 1 stats at the next rank.

Because stats are rewarded at random from level 2-39 it is hard to know for sure. Once a character reaches over 35 or so you may be able to tell. For instance if a neutral speed is 25 and your character is 26 at level 35 then you'll know that unit is +spd.

I actually think now is a great time if you have a second device to start rolling, 3-4 days ago would have been even better. I've enjoyed this game far more having two accounts. Each poses their ow unique challenges, and its double the pulls! I understand not everyone has that luxury of course.

Articalys

Thanks to all for the responses. I think I'm just going to not really worry about it and keep playing normally, since I'd probably have to whale hard to get units good enough to seriously compete in arena matches, and I'd like to hope the game is balanced enough that I can work around any hindering natures in the single-player content.

Syntsui

IV system is an atrocious mechanic, what the hell were they thinking? Good rates mean nothing when you get that flawed 5* that won't ever do its job how it is supposed to.

Skii

IV system is an atrocious mechanic, what the hell were they thinking? Good rates mean nothing when you get that flawed 5* that won't ever do its job how it is supposed to.

It is an atrocious gacha mechanic. Just when you think companies can't stoop any lower, they always find a way to prove you wrong.

champloo

Beat Lunatic Ursula with 4 free units. Feels like an achievement :p
tsrU3mBl.png

(4* Stahl, 3* Subaki, 3* Olivia, 3* F-Robin)

Finally cleared all chapters on Lunatic after leveling up Effie, Nino, Kagero, and Roy to 40 this week. Any idea when the next major single player content will drop?

champloo

Nice! What level and how much defence does your Subaki have? Training up a 3* to tank the ninjas.

My Subaki is neutral, so 31 def at Lv40. So he takes 2x2 damage from the thieves. I believe a 4* Lv40 Subaki has 33 def, which enables him to take out 3 of the 5 enemies on that map alone.

Yup. It's bullshit

Especially with brave weapon users. If they get attack down the negative effect is doubled

Etria

My Subaki is neutral, so 31 def at Lv40. So he takes 2x2 damage from the thieves. I believe a 4* Lv40 Subaki has 33 def, which enables him to take out 3 of the 5 enemies on that map alone.

Cheers. Mine has 29 DEF right now, so a couple more points should do it. Haven't actually checked the IVs for mine, but should be a neutral one if it's the free one I received from the rotating maps.

champloo

Cheers. Mine has 29 DEF right now, so a couple more points should do it. Haven't actually checked the IVs for mine, but should be a neutral one if it's the free one I received from the rotating maps.

Yea, yours should be identical to mine. Still a tough map with him though. It took me 2 stamina pots and a change of approach to finally beat it. it was a lot of fun.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Finally managed to beat the Ursula map on Lunatic! Nino took care of Ursula and the axe knight, Olivia was Olivia, Caeda buffed Subaki and rallied Nino's speed to enable her to one-shot, and Subaki tanked the heck out of those bogus ninjas. It took like a dozen turns but it worked!

Articalys

13 billion for Lucina against 3 billion for Ephraim. Going by the results of the pre-release online poll, putting her into that bracket without Lyn or Ike (or maybe Roy) as a counter was basically a death sentence for everybody else.

I've got 60 orbs burning a hole in my pocket; should I do some summoning on any of the current banners before they go away? I mentioned it in passing before, but my current roster of anything useful is:
5* Chrom
4* Hana, Caeda, Frederick
3* Gordin, Est, Jagen, Serra
plus the starter trio and other 2* starter stuff they give you.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Got rank 6335 in the final round. Didn't rank at all for Total rank though. Rode team Ephraim the entire way, no regrets.

No clue how much I got in total, since this thing doesn't seem to say.

Got 30k feathers total, which I will likely start to use once I'm sure that the skill inheritance system doesn't need them.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Was able to get a bunch of feathers from team ephraim. From what I can tell across accounts, my one account that had 114K points on Lucina was 2 ranks lower than another account where I had 96K and got ranked 3K or so. So my team ephraim account got 300 more feathers on the last round for 20K less points. Not bad.

Used all my flags this round except for 100 I'd used before. No idea how people in Lucina camp hit 130k. I managed 113k and that got must just outside top 10,000

Not sure about the total but last round I pulled in 3100 feathers. Not bad at all. Hoping for more opportunities to pull in big feathers outside of arena in the future

Kettch

I guess we aren't getting those orb rewards before these banners end. :/

I finally hit a streak of poor luck and made it up to 4% trying to get Leo before running out of pulls.

Sushen

I guess we aren't getting those orb rewards before these banners end. :/

I finally hit a streak of poor luck and made it up to 4% trying to get Leo before running out of pulls.
In the worst case, I can tell you that Leo is OK, not a S tier.

ggx2ac

You might remember me from when I was pissed that I couldn't get any 5* Ninos from the current banner but got other 5* characters from that banner which I didn't really want: Julia, Sheena, Sheena again, Minerva, Setsuna, Effie.

Over the weekend I spent orbs for one roll each time but got screwed over because no green orbs appeared.

Now was the last time I could spend on one roll because I can't really spend anymore money.

Come on Nino...

*Rolls*

"You thought I was Nino but it was actually me, Hector!"

Hmm... I'll accept it.

Has Attack up/Defense down. I guess that's good, I would have liked it if it was Res down because he gets up to 37 Def Neutral.

1600 more feathers for overall rank.

So 5700 feathers in total. Decent haul.

EDIT:
They're doing that "Retweet for Free Stuff" thing again.

NA
https://twitter.com/FEHeroes_News/status/841186748159819776

JP
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/841182789311504384
Just a note, the NA link isn't an official account. It's a fan account that translates the Japanese tweets. Those retweets won't count.

It's only officially on the JPN Twitter account right now.

Golnei

Jaffar actually looks young enough to hang around Nino without violating a restraining order now. I still find it difficult to reconcile his original art with his age...

Another meh banner for me. At least the quality of the artwork is better.

I'll probably do a pull because I have over 200 orbs now, with nothing to spend them on.

Ninferno

Banner's not looking too hot to me. Can't image any of those being too good combat-wise, except maybe Ninian? But again, blue dragon with dance will be too powerful, so my bet is you get either of them. not both. Most likely just blue dragon + some healing or buff when she attacks (like Linde or Sanaki).

Artwork-wise, I'm also not thrilled like some of you. Ninian and Lucius do look pretty good, but not the others. The Art style is again all over the place; just look at Rebecca, she looks so weird that she doesn't seem to fit into this picture. Priscilla has a similar problem, just to a lesser degree. Jaffar looks too young and innocent; and that grin on Karel's face... These last two's facial expression are a bit off compared to their FE7 selves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom