• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninferno

Also, looks like they are still going with the sibling theme for the most part but do Jaffar and Lucius have any in-game siblings? My memory is telling me no but I could be wrong. Have only played Blazing Sword twice (for Hector's path) and that was a long time ago.

Also, looks like they are still going with the sibling theme for the most part but do Jaffar and Lucius have any in-game siblings? My memory is telling me no but I could be wrong. Have only play Blazing Sword twice (for Hector's path) and that was a long time ago.

Nope, I know what you mean though.

Ninian has Nils, Karel has Karla, Priscilla has Raven and Rebecca has
Dart?
Dan.

Pretty sure they're just rounding off the Blazing Blade characters.

ggx2ac

Next banner:

C6yYbbQVAAEMpQy.jpg

Ninian, Karel, Jaffar, Rebecca, Priscila and Lucius.

Ninian is probably all I'd wanna get. But end up with Jaffar on roll for some reason.

Ninian would be the first dancer giving bonus points in arena too.

Ninferno

Nope, I know what you mean though.

Ninian has Nils, Karel has Karla, Priscilla has Raven and Rebecca has
Dart?
Dan.

Pretty sure they're just rounding off the Blazing Blade characters.

You may be right, and if that's the case it can only be a good sign. I would much rather have game themed banner rather than random themes like the sibling ones. If from now on they start rotating through different FE installments it might help to ensure a more even representation from FE games old and new.

Mupod

I had 20 orbs and used 19 in pursuit of Effie...didn't get her, but all four draws were a 4* at least. And all characters I didn't have, or have at 4*. Catria with +hp -res (seems good), Cordelia with +atk -spd (maybe ok because she's a brave weapon user but probably not) , Subaki with who cares and a Sully with -atk +def. I already have a 3*+1 Sully at 40 with -hp +spd and she actually has 1 more attack than this 4* would if I got her to 40. But the abysmal defense on the 3* was a problem in arena last week so maybe I should just level this one.

Anyways, quick copypaste of the new 'event':

Fire Emblem Heroes Play Everyday Event Details:

Part 1: Arena Special Quests

This event will be available from March 14 - April 11, 2017. You will earn Hero Feathers and Orbs from participating in Arena Duels every day!

Part 2: Dueling Crests Bonuses

This event will go on from March 13 - April 1, 2017. You'll get a 1-time rewards of 10 Dueling Crests.

Part 3: Arena Rewards

At the start of the next season (March 14, 2017), you'll get more Hero Feathers depending on your score in the Arena.

It sounds like we'll be getting a bit more feathers from daily bonuses and arena from now on, which makes sense. It always felt like the ranking brackets were designed before they realized how popular this game would be. I'll be around 38k feathers after this payout assuming I don't drop another 7000 places before it ends. So once we know more about inheritance I'll have a few more 5* characters to work with.

I guess we are not getting the 20 orbs today? :(

At first I was disappointed that I won't get more chances at Effie. But holy shit a dancer with manakete stats, all my orbs are (probably) going in pursuit of that. Running without Olivia has made me realize how reliant I am on her. I use Robin and Merric who are good but rarely one-shot people, so her attack buff and dance help a ton.

I know she has a blue stone in the picture but I dunno if I want to jump to conclusions. But blue would be nice, although I also need a good green badly. Looking forward to what dataminers find tomorrow.

I've also got another mail in rebate coming in shortly...the last one came on a prepaid visa that didn't allow me to set an address so I was sketchy about using it on steam etc so I fed it to this game. I wonder if I'll get that excuse again, lol.

Don't wanna be the guy, but it's entirely possible Ninian won't be able to dance. Of course, I don't think IS are that dumb, but you never know.

Or maybe she can dance but only after skill inheritance is activated. I think that would be pretty cool actually (although I'd feel bad for sacrificing Olivia).

Mupod

Don't wanna be the guy, but it's entirely possible Ninian won't be able to dance. Of course, I don't think IS are that dumb, but you never know.

Or maybe she can dance but only after skill inheritance is activated. I think that would be pretty cool actually (although I'd feel bad for sacrificing Olivia).

I mean, there's nothing else in this banner I'd want so I'd just go back to saving and hoping they put out an Azura or Hector one. But yeah that would kill the hype real fast. I really really like running a dancer. If it's inheritance only, that'd be weird but I've got 3 Olivias so I'm ok.

I guess we will never get Ike ?

we know he's coming sooner rather than later. I wouldn't worry about it, look at it this way if he's your dude then you have time to hoard enough orbs to get more chances at him. As someone who put 200 orbs into Legendary Heroes hunting for Robin I know all too well that it's not a sure thing. But yeah my friend wants him badly, funny because I know he already has Tiki, Lucina and Lyn at 5*. Which I'm pretty sure he got because early on he was pouring orbs into red trying for an Ike that didn't exist. I'm good with just Lucina and my garbage ass -atk Lyn and won't be touching red for a long time.

in my case my most wanted is Ross from FE8 but I'm sure he's real low priority and will get some dumpster tier art. But I need him in order to axe people some questions.

spiritfox

A Dancer that can't dance from the start is kinda stupid. I don't why she'll be so special. Just because she uses Dragonstones doesn't mean she'll have high stats.

Gotchaye

I doubt that it will be possible to inherit Dance, since heroes with it pay a significant base stat penalty, but I also expect that Ninian has Dance to begin with. A third blue dragon is a lot less interesting than a dragon dancer. At the same time I don't expect that she'll have much better stats than Azura or Olivia. Being a dragon only seems to be worth ~4 points.

Ninferno

I doubt that it will be possible to inherit Dance, since heroes with it pay a significant base stat penalty, but I also expect that Ninian has Dance to begin with. A third blue dragon is a lot less interesting than a dragon dancer. At the same time I don't expect that she'll have much better stats than Azura or Olivia. Being a dragon only seems to be worth ~4 points.

And magic attack too. Given that at the higher BST battleground, units like armored, Falchions, Ryoma, Eldigan, Nowi all have significant lower Res than Def, as long as the BST of Ninian (supposedly a blue dragon) is not significantly lower than Azura and Olivia, she can easily blow them out of water in tier lists.

Mupod

in my case I'd get a huge boost by just having a 5* dancer honestly. And 20k feathers into Olivia would be a hard pill to swallow even though she's an important character in my lineup. On top of that she'd be a bonus character for a couple weeks, so it'd be nice finally not having a gimped squad.

Regardless I won't hype myself up too much because I know all too well what happens when you pull for one specific character. Although it went a lot better with Lucina than Robin.

And yeah, I don't care what color she is but we can't assume she's blue because of the crystal. Tiki and Fae have blue dragonstones in their art.

Ninferno

Again, we think Ninian's going to be blue since she is an ice dragon, which of course makes the most sense but IS can just make her green if they feel like it. After all, they made Julia green for no apparent reason remember? It makes zero sense in terms of lore but might just help balance things up a bit.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
That was a short Effie/Nino banner. I didn't get any 5* characters from them, but oh well.

I guess I'll be pouring feathers into my lower starred characters.

If she is green then that could work. Much of the time green units are biding their time waiting for the opportune moment to strike a blue, so if they are passing a lot of turns anyway might as well use it to dance. That said if you have a top tier green like Julia, Nino, Hector it may be tough to find a place for her, and hopefully Azura ends up on a banner.

Syntsui

So because my M.Robin is -SPD, I can't mimic the only tactic on Reddit that I have all the characters for. I wasted about 11 refills to level up everyone and do this and I won't be able to do it, I can't stress enough his this bullshit frustrates me.

I just can't force myself to play anymore, I'll only login to get the dailies and that's it. Fuck this system.

Got a perfect run in arena! First time. Got it with Eldigan, Elise, Eirika, Reinhardt. Elise is being replaced soon with +spd/-res Nino. Ended up with 4450ish. Enough for ~6,500 in rank. Hopefully that holds in the top 10,000 to the end of this arena season.

Couple of things I've learned.

Reinhardt is a straight up beast. I am sure it helps a little to have Eirika buff him with +3 Atk but he one shots nearly all red units, most blue units and all colorless (including Takumi)

His rating (149) is not great for arena score though. Hopefully swapping Elise with Nino will get me to over 4,500 next arena.

IceMarker

Also, kudos to Nintendo for starting to really pump out feathers for everyone so I can finally start bumping 4-stars up to 5-stars! In between the upcoming feather reward increase for arena, the 200 feathers a week, and the voting gauntlet feathers, we might be looking at up to 40k feathers a month.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Got a perfect run in arena! First time. Got it with Eldigan, Elise, Eirika, Reinhardt. Elise is being replaced soon with +spd/-res Nino. Ended up with 4450ish. Enough for ~6,500 in rank. Hopefully that holds in the top 10,000 to the end of this arena season.

Couple of things I've learned.

Reinhardt is a straight up beast. I am sure it helps a little to have Eirika buff him with +3 Atk but he one shots nearly all red units, most blue units and all colorless (including Takumi)

His rating (149) is not great for arena score though. Hopefully swapping Elise with Nino will get me to over 4,500 next arena.
How is Elise in arena? I haven't used a healer there in a while.

How is Elise in arena? I haven't used a healer there in a while.

She has high Atk and spd and combined with Eirika and Reinhardt's Goad Calvary (mine is +Atk so after both buffs she has 52atk/40spd) she can deal enough damage to weaken a unit and allow Eldigan or Reinhardt to swoop in and finish the job. All while having the flexibility to heal.

The one thing I don't get is why does Reinhardt have higher damage with less attack stat against blue and colorless units than Elise? Does Elise's Atk get subtracted from the enemy's defense va Reinhardt's from Resistance?

She has high Atk and spd and combined with Eirika and Reinhardt's Goad Calvary (mine is +Atk so after both buffs she has 52atk/40spd) she can deal enough damage to weaken a unit and allow Eldigan or Reinhardt to swoop in and finish the job. All while having the flexibility to heal.

The one thing I don't get is why does Reinhardt have higher damage with less attack stat against blue and colorless units than Elise? Does Elise's Atk get subtracted from the enemy's defense va Reinhardt's from Resistance?

Healer damage is halved. Why?....no idea

All healers deal 1/2 of what they'd deal if they were a color mage, unfortunately. Stops them from being broken, I suppose, as otherwise the Pony Emblem comp would make Elise Linde on a horse w/ proper healing, a self-heal, & no green weakness. Still though...:(

PK Gaming

That banner looks okay

It would be nice to get the OG Dragon waifu (Ninian), the midriff menace (Jaffar) and Karel, but the rest I can take or leave.

Healer damage is halved. Why?....no idea

All healers deal 1/2 of what they'd deal if they were a color mage, unfortunately. Stops them from being broken, I suppose, as otherwise the Pony Emblem comp would make Elise Linde on a horse w/ proper healing, a self-heal, & no green weakness. Still though...:(
Ah cool. I'm ok with it because she still can chip enough damage from someone to enable someone else to finish. I just didn't know what rule was causing it. Makes sense.

But yea if it wasn't halved I would run Gunter, Elise, Reinhardt, Eldigan for the most disgusting team.

Yeah, I'm pretty hopeful she has Dance too. Otherwise it would be boring as mentioned.

Hmm, I figured characters had stat penalties for other reasons. I think Donnel also has a lower stat total? I thought it was because they're all non-combat characters.

The loli dragons also have the same low total, while adult Tiki and female Corrin have the same as a melee infantry.

scy

dumped the last of my orbs to try and get a Nino.

Got Hector.

...well, okay. I forgot to check stats before leveling so time for a big surprise at 40 (-ATK/+RES the nightmare inc).

New banner at least makes me glad I have a second account with ~60 orbs left. But no Nino to go with that Jaffar.

Gotchaye

Yeah, I'm pretty hopeful she has Dance too. Otherwise it would be boring as mentioned.

Hmm, I figured characters had stat penalties for other reasons. I think Donnel also has a lower stat total? I thought it was because they're all non-combat characters.

The loli dragons also have the same low total, while adult Tiki and female Corrin have the same as a melee infantry.

The dragons don't seem to be as consistent - compare adult Tiki to Nowi - but for the unit types with more than a handful of members there's pretty clearly a base stat total that they're designed around. For example, for melee infantry and flyers this is ~174, lower for mages, cavalry, archers, and healers. A-slot skills that give permanent bonuses to stats add to this. Special weapons like Killer weapons or Armorslayers or Triangle weapons cost 5 points. Brave weapons are a bit inconsistent but I think can cost between like 10 and 14. Both Olivia and Azura have 5 fewer points than you'd otherwise expect, presumably because they have Dance.

Donnel has 170 total stats. 174 base, minus about 10 for the Brave weapon, and +5 for his +5 HP skill.

explodet

Waiting for the new banner and looking over my current army to see what skills would be good to inherit to my A listers.

My main concern is if the skill needs to be purchased before it can be inherited. There's a bunch of skills locked out on 3* characters which I'd like to see on some of my 5* characters.

kswiston

So we are getting daily arena awards and more arena feathers? I won't complain. I should be within 500 feathers of my second 20k after the current Arena ends.

I am thinking of upgrading Sharena, but I am not 100% set on it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom