• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man 5 star focus units used to be lords and royals. Now it's just become anyone who gets added in after the first wave.

I can't see how someone like Rebecca can get the same amount of prominence as Takumi.

Man 5 star focus units used to be lords and royals. Now it's just become anyone who gets added in after the first wave.

I can't see how someone like Rebecca can get the same amount of prominence as Takumi.

P2W in purest form - if you want maximum score from arena you can:

a) spend orbs
b) spend 20k feathers on free unit if you don't want to use 4* version for two weeks

What color lucius go. He can heal but he's also a light tome user.

Karel is obviously red.
Jaffar, Rebecca and priscilla are colorless
Ninian probably blue but could be green.

Mupod

Hopefully the adjusted feather rewards make it easier to get in the top brackets. I'm not going to be there anytime soon unless I replace my entire team, Robin and I thrive in Takumi land anyways.

Ninian being green would be a best case scenario for me just because I already have a wide selection of blues and reds due to hunting Robin and Lucina. I'm not confident enough in my luck that I think I will get the character I want, so at least if I get a bunch of other random folks there's a chance I could find someone else with good stats. Every single physical green I've ever found has been Arthur or gimped by -spd or -atk.

Guys I REALLY need help with this Ursala Lunatic map, it's driving me crazy. I've spent so much stamina and orbs trying to complete this. I do not have FRobin as I was rerolling for Lucina and Eirika which I got during that time. I have mostly red lords, a few blue mages 2 red mages.

Watching this video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUFT7bb2xLo I SHOULD be able to do this with the units below but for some god damn reason my Camilla cannot one shot Ursala. She requires a two shot and that does not happen. In looking at Ushi's video I see that when Ursala hits him his special counter goes from 3-1, mine does NOT do that. He's using Tsubaki and I'm using Effie. He's using Leo and I'm using Lilina.

Lilina 5* 40 - 36 hp 54 atk 25 spd 22 def 27 res

Olivia 5* 27 - 26 hp 35 atk 24 spd 19 def 21 res

Effie 4* 37 - 47 hp 48 atk 18 spd 26 def 21 res

Camilla 5*40 - 37 hp 34 atk 30 spd 28 def 31 res

Mupod

Guys I REALLY need help with this Ursala Lunatic map, it's driving me crazy. I've spent so much stamina and orbs trying to complete this. I do not have FRobin as I was rerolling for Lucina and Eirika which I got during that time. I have mostly red lords, a few blue mages 2 red mages.

Watching this video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUFT7bb2xLo I SHOULD be able to do this with the units below but for some god damn reason my Camilla cannot one shot Ursala. She requires a two shot and that does not happen. In looking at Ushi's video I see that when Ursala hits him his special counter goes from 3-1, mine does NOT do that. He's using Tsubaki and I'm using Effie. He's using Leo and I'm using Lilina.

your camilla looks like -atk +spd. I can't watch the video but maybe 30spd is enough to prevent her from being doubled by Ursula, so you only take 1 attack instead of 2 (which means only +1 to special counter)

I did it with a 4* Camilla but killing Ursula wasn't her job. I only had her aggro Ursula to start the fight then kill the top ninja and chill for the rest. I dunno how useful Effie would be here but I'd imagine if you can get Ursula dead with Linde, she could roll over the ninja and red sword for free.

edit: derp I thought you had Linde not Lilina. Do you have any green or blue mages? Even Robin could kill the axe knight with a dance.

PK Gaming

I'm afraid your Camilla can't one shot Ursula because she has a -Atk IV.

Check out this reddit thread. There are a strategies with a bunch of different characters. Hopefully you have one of the combinations.

Okay, I have 4 Olivias, all 4*. They are:

+SP -HP
+HP -SP
Neutral
Neutral

Who do I want to keep and merge the others into? +SP -HP, right?

(I'm trying to put her on a team with Robin, Camilla and Catria to hopefully take down the higher Ursula)

your camilla looks like -atk +spd. I can't watch the video but maybe 30spd is enough to prevent her from being doubled by Ursula, so you only take 1 attack instead of 2 (which means only +1 to special counter)

I did it with a 4* Camilla but killing Ursula wasn't her job. I only had her aggro Ursula to start the fight then kill the top ninja and chill for the rest. I dunno how useful Effie would be here but I'd imagine if you can get Ursula dead with Linde, she could roll over the ninja and red sword for free.

edit: derp I thought you had Linde not Lilina. Do you have any green or blue mages? Even Robin could kill the axe knight with a dance.

Check out this reddit thread. There are a strategies with a bunch of different characters. Hopefully you have one of the combinations.

Sigh, well that explains it. Thanks guys!

PK Gaming

Okay, I have 4 Olivias, all 4*. They are:

+SP -HP
+HP -SP
Neutral
Neutral

Who do I want to keep and merge the others into? +SP -HP, right?

(I'm trying to put her on a team with Robin, Camilla and Catria to hopefully take down the higher Ursula)

+Speed is best. Olivia's stats are generally meh, and no matter what she's going to get rolled at 4 stars. That said, with +Speed she ends up at 34 Speed, which prevents her from being doubled by 36-38 Speed characters, which is useful.

Mupod

yeah I can count on zero fingers the number of times that 4* +atk -def Olivia has saved the day by actually attacking. And I use her a LOT. The funny thing is until I got Lucina, 40atk made her tied for my hardest hitting character. I'd go with the +spd one but either way I wouldn't stress out over it.

Dude, Takumi isn't even at full power yet.

Once he gets Vantage, he'll redefine the word "bullshit"

Is there any proof that this is happening with the game? I know people data mined skill inheritance but there's so factual evidence how it works and if every skill can be transferred ect. Right?

OMFG I did it!!!!

Same units I listed but I had to adjust the breaking of the wall and attack order but god damn I did it!

PK Gaming

Do we have any confirmation on the limitations of skill transfers, or is IntSys just going to let people go gungho on game breaking combos?

Is there any proof that this is happening with the game? I know people data mined skill inheritance but there's so factual evidence how it works and if every skill can be transferred ect. Right?

We know that there are limited limitations in place (unique weapons/skills likely won't be able to be transferable) and there might be slot restrictions, but it doesn't matter because Gordin has Vantage and Takumi has a free slot for that skill.

THANKS FOR NOTHING, GORDIN

Mupod

takumi counterattacking robin for another 6 damage might suck I guess. But then I have two Lon'qus so I could give Robin Vantage too, lol.

If my Lyn wasn't garbage she'd be a real fun character to give that ability to. She'd go super saiyan below 50% hp.

Wichu

I don't have a good green, so I finished my last Lunatic quests and did a few pulls on the Ursula banner. Got -Def +Spd Nino. Finally, a hero with a good nature!
4* though - I know where my next 20000 feathers are going!

kewlmyc

Just the thought of the bullshit Skill Inheritance could produce has me giddy. Fury and Vantage for everybody.

Also Brave Lance+ for Effie.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Takumi is such a bullshit character my god.
Yeah, he's one of those characters that you need to have a prepared counter for or else you're bound to lose at least one guy to him. My life got a lot easier once I got MRobin, but without him he was a huge pain.

What are some other characters that you watch out for in arena? Here are mine:

- Hector - means I have to make sure my Lucina is safe to counter him or else I wipe.
- Effie - Keep my ranged guy safe or else I wipe.
- Linde - I try to never let her attack at all because she can seemingly oneshot anyone.
- Kagero - Same.
- Takumi - Hope I can bait him into range/Keep my MRobin alive for him.
- Lyn and Cordelia - I need to make sure they die in one turn, because fighting them without killing them leads to death.

PK Gaming

Just the thought of the bullshit Skill Inheritance could produce has me giddy. Fury and Vantage for everybody.

Also Brave Lance+ for Effie.

MwrmJf7.png

The bread represents victory

kewlmyc

Yeah, he's one of those characters that you need to have a prepared counter for or else you're bound to lose at least one guy to him. My life got a lot easier once I got MRobin, but without him he was a huge pain.

- Hector - means I have to make sure my Lucina is safe to counter him or else I wipe.
- Linde - I try to never let her attack at all because she can seemingly oneshot anyone.
- Kagero - Same.
- Lyn and Cordelia - I need to make sure they die in one turn, because fighting them without killing them leads to death.

Add Azura to that list. The AI is surprisingly good with her.

Mupod

- Kagero - Same.

Takumi is generally free wins for me thanks to Robin, and as a ranged unit he's easy to bait. It's usually a relief to see him, although if there's two or three it gets hairy.

My big problems are cavalry mages. I know the high rollers with 5* hectors and such don't run into those but Leo and Reinhardt are a pain in the ass. Robin/Merric aren't great against other mages, and baiting them out results in taking a bunch of damage or losing my 3* scrub bonus unit. At least next week I'll probably have Ursula to deal with them.

edit: and yes going against dancers is rough. They are annoyingly unpredictable, which is why I put Olivia on defense.

Dang, no wonder my first 5*, Roy, sucks. He's -Spd +Res.

To be fair, the Res has been useful at times, but he gets doubled far more than I'd like.

Meanwhile my other Roy is neutral. I guess that's literally better than nothing?

I think I'll stick with Chrom and/or Tiki. I remember Chrom is +Spd and Falchion is super useful. Meanwhile my Tiki's stats are nothing special, but she's amazing as is.

Akuun

Add Azura to that list. The AI is surprisingly good with her.
I find the AI is okay with dancers but awful with team abilities like Rally <whatever>. Some AIs use the dancer well to unexpectedly double one of my guys, but sometimes I've seen the AI do something stupid like dance someone > danced unit uses rally skill on the dancer.

I've had a lot of trouble with Nowi and Ryomi. For me Merric is annoying especially on my main account with Robin and Effie. Armored units I think are easy to play around. Takumi I look for forward to facing, so long as there aren't two.

Akuun

Ryoma scares me more than Lucina or a Falchion user. That ranged counter guarantees some damage on your end.

ryseing

After too many orbs into this banner, five star Nino obtained.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

First ever five star and it's exactly the one I wanted. THANK YOU RNG GODS

ggx2ac

This might be the first arena season that I get ranked above 1k, currently at 889 with 2 and a half hours to go.

I have 4576 offense points, and now my highest defense points is 273 with 8 defense wins.

Also, Eldigan is really good. Especially when you don't use Lunge. My one has Def Up, so seeing 40 Defense is pretty awesome.

Pejo

Thanks for this link.

Argh, I thought I could pull off that strat using Abel Olivia Camilla and Roy, but then realized Roy is mandatory and mine's too low level to grind up before the event ends. All those configurations, and all my level 40s, and i got nothing that matches. Balls.

Xetherion

- Kagero - Same.

I may or may not have both of those on my Defense team >_>
They also may or may not both have good IV's (Kagero +ATK/-DEF, Linde +SPD/-DEF) <_<
I may or may not run Olivia with them to give them even more ATK and double turns >_>

Ryoma scares me more than Lucina or a Falchion user. That ranged counter guarantees some damage on your end.

Nah, Kagero just one-shots him for me ^_^

Akuun

I may or may not have both of those on my Defense team >_>
They also may or may not both have good IV's (Kagero +ATK/-DEF, Linde +SPD/-DEF) <_<
I may or may not run Olivia with them to give them even more ATK and double turns >_>
I'd probably do the same if I had either one. Those are two of my most wanted characters.

gaiages

Banned
My big scare in Arena is Nowi. Hector gets eaten for breakfast, she was the color advantage over Tiki, and with Distant Counter I can't pick her off with Takumi. I haven't fought her with Reinhardt yet but I imagine he can't do much against her, either.

Thankfully I haven't seen her in Arena lately, but she's the sole reason I want a 5* Falchion user lol

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I don't have a good green, so I finished my last Lunatic quests and did a few pulls on the Ursula banner. Got -Def +Spd Nino. Finally, a hero with a good nature!
4* though - I know where my next 20000 feathers are going!

What's the ideal Nino IV? I have 2, one is normal base stats, the other is +attack and -res.

I think Takumi is my biggest weakness. Or multiple ranged foes.

I don't have a good Robin M and my Kagero doesn't do enough damage to one-shot him.

It was easier last season since I had space to run Olivia, but now I have to replace her with Robin F to keep my score up (not that she's terrible).

Firemind

I don't have a good Robin M and my Kagero doesn't do enough damage to one-shot him.

It was easier last season since I had space to run Olivia, but now I have to replace her with Robin F to keep my score up (not that she's terrible).
I run Olivia, Kagero, Robin F and Y Tiki. Kagero oneshots everything with Olivia's buff except Hector which Tiki easily takes care of.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
+Spd anything except Atk

Hmmm okay thanks!

Yeah, I think ranged units are harder in arena than non-range. You can funnel melee characters into your designated units pretty easily, but ranged characters just screw everything up.

ggx2ac

Hahaha only dropped to 899 in rank from 889 in the last 2 hours.

This will definitely be my first ranking above 1k in arena.

MANUELF

Banned
Thanks for this link.

Argh, I thought I could pull off that strat using Abel Olivia Camilla and Roy, but then realized Roy is mandatory and mine's too low level to grind up before the event ends. All those configurations, and all my level 40s, and i got nothing that matches. Balls.
I have all those but my Olivia is low level, hopefully she dont need to attack

Syntsui

I don't understand how the Arena works. Got the 7 streak one time for a total of 1,9k points. Then I lost some, but spent some refills to get another 7 streak but the score didn't change.

I spent more refills, did a third 7 streak and the score didn't change. WTF is going on?

kswiston

I don't understand how the Arena works. Got the 7 streak one time for a total of 1,9k points. Then I lost some, but spent some refills to get another 7 streak but the score didn't change.

I spent more refills, did a third 7 streak and the score didn't change. WTF is going on?

Highest score is the only one that counts. Also, use a bonus character. They double your points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom