• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slashlen

Finally got Ursula 4*. Used the Robin/Blue tank/healer/dancer strategy, but I've been burning stamina potions over the last few days to get Robin and a 4* Gwendolyn leveled.

vaporeon

Any advice on beating Lv30 Ursula with anyone from my ragtag team?
Or should I simply give up and laugh it off?
(FYI - most skills acquired for everyone)
K92d8Md.png

LaNaranja

I just started playing yesterday and even though I know nothing about Fire Emblem outside of what is in Smash I have been enjoying my time with this. The drop rates seem to be really damn great too. Have I just been getting lucky or do you always get at least one 5 Star character when you multi-pull? I have done two pulls of five each and have gotten 3 five star characters.

Roman

I just started playing yesterday and even though I know nothing about Fire Emblem outside of what is in Smash I have been enjoying my time with this. The drop rates seem to be really damn great too. Have I just been getting lucky or do you always get at least one 5 Star character when you multi-pull? I have done two pulls of five each and have gotten 3 five star characters.

Extremely lucky. But good to see you are getting into the series through this game.

MANUELF

Banned
I thank you guys for that reddit link before, could easily beat the lunatic Ursula stage with my team of 5* Roy, 3* Olivia, 5* Abel and 5* Camilla

lt519

Whew just beat Ursula Lunatic with 5* Nino, 5* RobinM , 4* Subaki, 4* lvl 1 Caeda.

Whole thing unlocked with using Caeda to SPD Boost Nino to one shot Ursula. Could have been anyone who/ SPD Boost though. Drew the top ninja to the top left spot with Robin who I speed boosted with Caeda to not let the ninja get two tosses in. Nino bombed the knight in two turns and then Subaki plugged the hole and tanked the sword and other ninja. Subaki took 0 damage the entire time lol.

I had tried this strategy before only without the SPD Boost had failed so many times trying to use dancers, medics, etc. One shotting Ursula makes it manageable because normally she'd take out my Subaki before he got a chance to tank.

scy

Beat Lunatic Ursula on both my accounts.

Account #1 - I had written this off entirely until I pulled a Hector (-HP/+ATK) last night and figured it was worth the try. 5* Hector, 4* Cecilia, 5* Takumi, Olivia and it wasn't so bad but I did this after my other account blew ~100+ stamina on attempts with a similar strategy (but with F. Robin over Hector but better nukes).

Account #2 - 4* F. Robin, 4* Cecilia, 5* Sanaki, Olivia. Mostly the typical F. Robin to counter Ursula with a dedicated tank, in this case Cecilia (+DEF! Still taking a ton of damage though) to handle baiting thieves. The biggest struggle I had was figuring out one-rounding the red cavalry with everyone attacking until I realized all I needed was repositioning to get the Aegis eaten from the cavalry since Sanaki can one-round.

Probably going to be smarter about this and level Ursula ahead of time and beat the last minute rush :|

How much am I missing out that I started playing too late to get a strong enough team to tackle the Ursula event map?
Having more options will almost certainly be beneficially as the game continues, and Ursula will probably be a bonus unit in a future arena season, which is important for earning feathers.

Are you strong enough to at least tackle the 3* version of her map? Then at least you have access to her, and can upgrade in the future if necessary.

PK Gaming

Any advice on beating Lv30 Ursula with anyone from my ragtag team?
Or should I simply give up and laugh it off?
(FYI - most skills acquired for everyone)
K92d8Md.png

You can do definitely do it with that team. I couldn't find an exact match, but here's someone pulling it off with a similar-ish team. The main thing is having another unit who is durable enough to avoid taking much damage from the ninjas. (If you're desperate, you can level up Freddy or Sheena)

Etria

Finally beat Ursula on Lunatic with the recommended 3* free units - Subaki at Lv.38, Female Robin at Lv.36 - and Lissa and Olivia. Had to follow the video strategy since the AI reacts differently if you place units other than where it suggested. So relieved that my time spent training Subaki and Female Robin were not in vain.

Articalys

Having more options will almost certainly be beneficially as the game continues, and Ursula will probably be a bonus unit in a future arena season, which is important for earning feathers.

Are you strong enough to at least tackle the 3* version of her map? Then at least you have access to her, and can upgrade in the future if necessary.
Seeing as the recommended map level is 30, and my team tops out in the low 20's... I'm going to say no.

Still trying to figure out if I should try and summon on specific colors from the current two banners before they go away or not.

ggx2ac

So it took me around 20 hours to level up Hector from 1 to 40 and I didn't use any stamina potions.

He's pretty strong, especially when baiting characters to use Quick Riposte as long as you have a healer.

scy

Why? There will always be new players that deserve to get those units

I feel like the more likely expectation is an eventual banner adding them all as Focus units and then adding them to the general pool of units rather than just content reuse outright.

...maybe? That or the next batch of free daily units are all the Grand Battles scaled down to 1*/2* variants.

So it took me around 20 hours to level up Hector from 1 to 40 and I didn't use any stamina potions.

He's pretty strong, especially when baiting characters to use Quick Riposte as long as you have a healer.

Man, most the leveling process was just move Hector forward, watch him counter things into oblivion, rinse, repeat. I thought that would stop working eventually but, no, not really. He just kept pushing through without a care in the world.

Golnei

...maybe? That or the next batch of free daily units are all the Grand Battles scaled down to 1*/2* variants.

Once they're just down to Xander, it might not be a bad idea to make all previous Grand Battles available for a day consecutively, culminating in his new one.

lupin23rd

Hadn't really been paying too much attention to nearby unit stat boosts but it seem to have saved my ass on this 4* Ursula map. Almost gave up trying but finally managed to do it on a first attempt with a different team than I'd been trying.

I used 5* Effie, 5* Sanaki, 4* FRobin, and 3* Olivia.

Moved FRobin down to bait Ursula, and managed to take her down thanks to Sanaki's Hone Attack ability. Got her the hell out of there, and then had Sanaki one shot the green armored knight, and had Olivia dance to get her the hell out of there (away from the thief who was coming next turn). Then Effie just stood tall and took 0 damage from the the thieves and almost nothing from the red knight as she slowly took them down.

Sushen

Hector is only green unit that I want. Knowing my luck, I won't bother wishing for him, though. Azura, Takumi, and Kagero are others.

Hector is only green unit that I want. Knowing my luck, I won't bother wishing for him, though. Azura, Takumi, and Kagero are others.

I have Hector, Takumi, Young Tiki. I have a 4 star Robin but I am gonna wait till I roll to see if i get something better for my feathers. I can't say i'm crazy about him. My perfect 4th would be an Azura.

J-Tier

Someone was able to beat it with Julia, Nowi, Olivia, and healer (which you have). Sadly, they didn't post their strategy... This video might help at least.

The key to winning is having Julia smack the shit out of Ursula, and mitigating the damage from the ninjas somehow.
It's Olivia that I'm missing, she can allow Julia to attack twice where she'd be able to wreak serious havoc. Without Olivia, Julia gets one hit by a ninja at any point between turn 2 and 3 and it's over.

EDIT: That video actually got me somewhere. Unlike the player, my Ryoma gets one hit from the ninja, but with Nowi, I could Def buff and he survives with 5 hp. The problem comes when the player needed Ryoma to tank the Green Axe Knight--at this point, it's over for me.

I used Jakob, Ryoma, Julia, and Nowi for reference. Same strategy and team order as video.

EDIT2:
Wow! I did it! Thank you so much!

Articalys

What are the best units from the banners that are going away? Should I try to summon on their colors now for the focus or just wait until their in the general pool AND the new characters are the focus?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Finally got enough feathers to 5 star someone and crippled by choice.

My main team is 5-star Lucina and Azura (both are fab) and 4 star Camilla and Raigh who both feel like food 90% of the time and are making it impossible to beat the story on lunatic. I've also got a 5-star Marth and Jakob that I don't have fully leveled.

So what type of units best complement what I've got currently? I've been thinking about male Robin, so I can use him to beat all the damned Takumi's in the arena but aside from that, no ideas. Are armored units any good? I don't really use any of mine.

toneroni

Can anyone help? Not sure what units I should use for Lunatic. Finally got around to it after a long day. I also have RobinF but lvl 1 :/
Thanks in advance!

img_9258g7uoe.png

toneroni

Yes! Beat Lunatic with the team pictured above with 11 mins to spare. Linde actually survived a hit, Seliph did nothing at all lol.

bigzgod

Took ages to level up Subaki but finally did it \o/

I literally didn't have any non-infantry unit with high defense. Ended up just having F. Robin nuke Ursula and having Subaki tank all the hits, with Elise healing 15-30 hp per round, depending on whether or not it was safe to dance for a 2nd heal.

At 28 defense, Subaki takes 2 damage from the red Cav and 10 each from the 2 ninjas. Just enough to survive with Elise's healing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom