• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strings

There's some gorgeous character art! But then some really shitty stuff too :(

... Like Matthew? What the hell man, I love Matthew, but bleurgh. At least they did right by my FE6 girl Gwendolyn. Now if only she could move further than a single square.

Nightbird

Okay, okay, so hear me out:

I was just doing some training in the training tower, when my phone (yet again) decided now would be the best moment to reboot.

When i re-entered the app, it asked me if i wanted to continue where i left off. When i said yes it brought me back to the turn that i didn't finished. I don't think it used additional stamina by doing so, but since i didn't expected this to happen in the first place, i wasn't checking how much i had before.

It's surprising to have something like that in stamina-based game

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I was just doing some training in the training tower, when my phone (yet again) decided now would be the best moment to reboot.

When i re-entered the app, it asked me if i wanted to continue where i left off. When i said yes it brought me back to the turn that i didn't finished. I don't think it used additional stamina by doing so, but since i didn't expected this to happen in the first place, i wasn't checking how much i had before.

Pretty common in just about every gacha game. Often it's a way to undo your mistakes.

Male Corrin has animated intro but Female Corrin doesn't. We know who is better now.

This combined with Female Corrin only being available at 4 stars just feels like them still desperately trying to push male corrin. Even though people have already gone "nah, i'm good" they're still dangling him in front of us trying to distract from the more popular female version they seem almost adamant to hide.

Intelligent Systems...

f3c.gif

talking of the superior corrin though, either I got lucky with her levels or she's a hell of a good unit. She's still 4 stars and not overlevelled but a lot of units are hitting her for 0 damage and she's one-shotting them back :eek:

Sadly, Anna, much love to her, feels like a liablity so far. Dunno if it's because she's only 2 stars but her defence and resilience is practically non-existant.

it's normal thing

Ultimadrago

There's some gorgeous character art! But then some really shitty stuff too :(

Yeah, this is on some straight Soccer Spirits shit. (Shoutouts to those that know what I'm talking about). I much prefer when gacha handle a more-or-less consistent art style. Makes it look less like a wild art mashup.

Totakeke

Pretty common in just about every gacha game. Often it's a way to undo your mistakes.

Actually I think it's setup to prevent undos.

Anyone know if the skill list changes between character ranks for the same character? Do you know the complete available skills at 5* immediately regardless of rank?

Nachos

It's so weird to be playing a Nintendo game that uses Japanese name order.

Neat that Himukai ended up drawing one of the starter units, though.

But for Lyn's Defiant Atk, the skill description says "Grants Atk+X at start of turn if unit's HP ≤ 50%". Does anyone know if that means the attack boosts will keep increasing?

commish

Only four generic 5-star characters? Why settle for that when you can keep re-rolling until you get 4 that are S class or above?

That's a good point. Accept nothing less or you won't be able to finish any game content.

Okay my best roll so far is two 5-star: Jeorge and Corrin. Not my fav characters so think I will pass... but wish we could create passwords to give away or keep just in case.

Sadly, Anna, much love to her, feels like a liablity so far. Dunno if it's because she's only 2 stars but her defence and resilience is practically non-existant.

If FEH plays out like other mobile titles, all 3 story characters will eventually be upgradable to 5 stars. I imagine they'll be more viable then.

If FEH plays out like other mobile titles, all 3 story characters will eventually be upgradable to 5 stars. I imagine they'll be more viable then.
Oh definitely, I've already slapped a bunch of gems on her to try and get her to level 20 but seeing the picture earlier in the thread I'm somewhat worried what the feather cost will end up being :eek:

Totakeke

For the special maps where you recruit characters, redoing a map you've completed already doesn't grant you additional copies.

Also it seems like you get an immediate game over once you lose a character for special maps so either you have to be careful with your character placements or you have to bring characters that are not too fragile.

It seems that it's also possible that you can "game" the level up system by restarting a map every time you get a level up with stats you don't like. This could end up being a very screwed up system for min-maxing...

Was there any confirmation of a level cap?

commish

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/5rlu1m/list_of_characters_available_rarity/

Honestly this list (which has already been posted) is the list I would use to know whether you should keep your account or not.

First, if you want a certain character and get that character, then you're done.

But if not, then I would prioritize those characters which are 5-star ONLY because chances are much higher that you'll eventually get the 4 star characters that can be made into 5 star characters at some point since their pull rate is so much higher.

I don't care to play anything on phone/tablet right now except rarely Raiden Fighters "free" on Kindle, but this I'll give this a try. Wonder if Karla is in, as I see the expected Bartre and Fir are.

Edit: aww, poor Karla as per list above lol

So, how long does the story mode take to finish? Is there a decent amount of story content between each level, like in the mainline games? Does it seem designed such that they'll continually add new levels, or is this it?

Soul Lab

Ok. So how do I support my units to give a stat boost?
They explained it shorty. Walk to a friendly unit and then? I haven't figured it out yet lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom