• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagnaru

Neo Member
So skill inheritance appears to be a bust. It's just for merging the same ally and not having to re-spend sp to unlock skills. So many plans ruined.

champloo

This is lame, I wanted Skill Inheritance now, not April. I'll have to expand my barracks again.

And it's good to see they are fixing up how you earn scores in arena otherwise, it would be too easy fighting 4 infrantry melee units all the time.

It seems Skill Inheritance is still coming tomorrow. The April update is about merging heroes with inherited skills.

So skill inheritance appears to be a bust. It's just for merging the same ally and not having to re-spend sp to unlock skills. So many plans ruined.

That's not true? They showed a Marth with Sol

Alkez

Damn that was a lot of news to read. Very impressed with what they said though. They covered a lot of the issues (matchmaking!!) I had with this game that was stopping me from dropping any money. It's clear that they are listening to the community and responding accordingly.

This is lame, I wanted Skill Inheritance now, not April. I'll have to expand my barracks again.
It seems Skill Inheritance is still coming tomorrow. The April update is about merging heroes with inherited skills.

I think Champloo is correct. But even if we have to wait I would rather wait for the new system than have the "old" one now. I was thinking I would have to hold off on inheriting some skills until I got the perfect nature for the base unit.

Dagnaru

Neo Member
The "more" section in update news makes it sound weird. They will need to change the way merge allies works completely at the moment. Assuming they change that it would make more sense. Still saving my feathers till it's actually in game

kewlmyc

Reread the notice. They're just saying that when skill inheritance is used on a unit then you merge them with another unit, you lose the skill. A future update will make it so that you don't lose the skill when merging. They're just letting us know not to merge units with skills learned through skill inheritance when it drops tomorrow.

ggx2ac

So the orb famine begins. No more launch event and you can only earn three one orb a week from daily logins.

If all they keep releasing is paralogue chapters then all you'll get is 11 orbs a fortnight.

I guess that Hero Merit in a future update will help with hero feathers especially for those that play free since it will be harder getting 5* units.

So there's probably going to be even more of a drop off for the active players that play for free.

Edit: I forgot about the arena quests seeing as it's only temporary so who knows what they replace it with for earning orbs afterwards.

I guess that's okay then. I was looking around and I couldn't find anything to see if they had delayed it.

So, Skill Inheritance finally appears tomorrow and then the ability to still keep inherited skills when merging allies is possible but in a future update.

I did think about that before but at least they confirmed it. Luckily the main characters I use are already of the natures that I want so I don't need to hold onto characters for that future update to transfer skills.

Dagnaru

Neo Member
Reread the notice. They're just saying that when skill inheritance is used on a unit then you merge them with another unit, you lose the skill. A future update will make it so that you don't lose the skill when merging. They're just letting us know not to merge units with skills learned through skill inheritance when it drops tomorrow.

Ahhh I see. That makes way more sense. My bad

redcrayon

So the orb famine begins. No more launch event and you can only earn three one orb a week from daily logins.

If all they keep releasing is paralogue chapters then all you'll get is 11 orbs a fortnight.

I guess that Hero Merit in a future update will help with hero feathers especially for those that play free since it will be harder getting 5* units.

So there's probably going to be even more of a drop off for the active players that play for free.

Edit: I forgot about the arena quests seeing as it's only temporary so who knows what they replace it with for earning orbs afterwards.
They specifically say that the daily arena rewards of feathers/crest/orb have no planned end point at this moment- they aren't temporary.

For the time being, we've gone from 14 to 8 orbs a week, but with an extra 1400 feathers instead. It's a drop, but the promotions seem pretty regular, I don't think there's going to be a drought.

ggx2ac

So nice going from rank 99k to 452 in arena. My highest offense score now is 4586 points.

They specifically say that the daily arena rewards of feathers/crest/orb have no planned end point at this moment- they aren't temporary.

For the time being, we've gone from 14 to 8 orbs a week, but with an extra 1400 feathers instead. It's a drop, but the promotions seem pretty regular, I don't think there's going to be a drought.

No they didn't. They're talking about part 3 and 4 on the message board.

They are talking about the Arena Rewards (that you win when a season ends) and the daily login bonus, not the Daily Arena quests.

Gotchaye

Life and death over Fury now imho.

It's looking better now than it was, but Life and Death 3 is really hard to come by. Fury 3 is basically always better than Life and Death 1. Hana has Life and Death 2 at 4*, which is a little better offensively and a lot worse defensively. I think Fury 3 is still preferred on anybody who expects to be taking hits. Life and Death is for mages, and actually they might prefer Deathblow.

ggx2ac

It's looking better now than it was, but Life and Death 3 is really hard to come by. Fury 3 is basically always better than Life and Death 1. Hana has Life and Death 2 at 4*, which is a little better offensively and a lot worse defensively. I think Fury 3 is still preferred on anybody who expects to be taking hits. Life and Death is for mages, and actually they might prefer Deathblow.

I was going to say that with the arena changes coming up, my Nino might not use Life and Death.

My Nino could get 52 attack and 45 speed with no buffs but then have 11 Defense which would be enough for a Takumi to one shot or any other archer with 46 attack. Although technically I could still one shot Takumi since he has low resistance because Takumi is not a mage killer like Niles or Klein.

That's a good point that I can actually use Deathblow if I can remove her Resistance +3 passive because I was planning to give Attack +3 until the new arena rules got announced.

_Legacy_

Pretty happy with my current team. Working on Nino next since I need a replacement for Hector on defense.

Two dragon units? That'll be food and drink for Lucina and I see her more than any other unit in Arena. I have one too and would literally rejoice if I saw two dragon users on the other team.

Mupod

it's cool of them to share future plans and a lot of this sounds interesting. But how the hell do we still not know anything about inheritance?

Well, either way, first thing I'm gonna do is see if you can put Odin's tome on Ursula. If that works then get ready for some real dumb shit with those +6/+6 cavalry buffs. I'm guessing if they are paying enough attention to nerf Fury's effect on matchmaking that they won't let this slide, though.

Sölf

it's cool of them to share future plans and a lot of this sounds interesting. But how the hell do we still not know anything about inheritance?

Well, either way, first thing I'm gonna do is see if you can put Odin's tome on Ursula. If that works then get ready for some real dumb shit with those +6/+6 cavalry buffs. I'm guessing if they are paying enough attention to nerf Fury's effect on matchmaking that they won't let this slide, though.

Yeah, I would for example know if a unit has to actually learn a skill in order to inherit it. Because that severly limits how useful this will be.

Golnei

Wow they did rebecca dirty. RIP.

tumblr_inline_omtef3QvJ21tz0fmi_540.png

redcrayon

No they didn't. They're talking about part 3 and 4 on the message board.

They are talking about the Arena Rewards (that you win when a season ends) and the daily login bonus, not the Daily Arena quests.
Edit: ah, I see what you mean, yes, it's the season rewards that aren't temporary, not the arena quests (they run until 11 April so are at least a pretty long event!). Apologies for any confusion, my mistake.

Cerium

So I think my new team is gonna be

Eirika, Nino, Ninian, Takumi

Obviously the primary strategy will be for Nino to murder everything with buffed up attack and assists from Ninian.

The only thing I'll really miss is my Tiki for eating Hectors. Maybe I'll swap out Takumi for Tiki and have Ninian use Fortify Dragons...

Eirika can take down Hector right?

mikemandey

So I think my new team is gonna be

Eirika, Nino, Ninian, Takumi

Obviously the primary strategy will be for Nino to murder everything with buffed up attack and assists from Ninian.

The only thing I'll really miss is my Tiki for eating Hectors. Maybe I'll swap out Takumi for Tiki and have Ninian use Fortify Dragons...

Eirika can take down Hector right?

Yes she can.. But make sure no other unit(s) besides Hector himself attack her.

kewlmyc

Why is Fury 3 bad now with the future Arena rules that they're planning to drop? I don't get the fear for the most part. Is it because people will be paired up with other Fury users, not making it worth it?

Draxal

Why is Fury 3 bad now with the future Arena rules that they're planning to drop? I don't get the fear for the most part. Is it because people will be paired up with other Fury users, not making it worth it?

Its not so much fury is bad, its that the value of BST that fury provided is no longer nearly important due to the revamped arena changes.

Dee Dee

I have a bunch of orbs unused. Are the herpes in the current rotation good or should I wait to drop them?

Current rotation has 2 healers in Focus and one blue Dragon/Dancer that is very good, but according to some here still worse then your other dancer or blue options. So wait unless you have no alternatives there currently, since not that great odds to get the great unit here.

If you are looking for a specific unit, you might want to wait for the next Voting Gauntlet, but the last one could have been an exception unfortunately. The last Voting Gauntlet banners had only 3 characters in Focus, which gives the highest probability for a specific 5* = 1%. If you wanted Ephraim, Leo or Lucina, that was a great banner!
The other banners have at least 4 units in Focus, the new unit banners now have even more.

Edit: Your typo is a thing of beauty.

Mupod

I'm convinced all the people posting in the last couple pages finding two 5* at once or saying they have like 10+ as a free player are plants to try and get me to spend money to finally even out my luck. I'm on to you guys.

Anyways I wonder if the 'permadeath' event will just be like a series of arena battles where if any units are lost they can't be used anymore in the event. Maybe I shouldn't throw everybody into the fire for inheritance right off the bat.

alcheim

Hey there, summoners of Askr... need some suggestions.

I wanna use up my 20k feathers, and I'm thinking of promoting Corrin(F) to 5* as she seems to have a +atk/-def IV and has Seal Res skill, which might be good with a mage team.

Has anyone gotten her to 5* yet? Is she tanky enough to survive an attack from Takumi/Robin so that she can reduce their RES afterward, and then have my mages nuke the enemies afterwards?

Any thoughts?

I have a bunch of orbs unused. Are the herpes in the current rotation good or should I wait to drop them?

Ninian is a dancer and Dance is already a top-tier skill. She gets the ability to warp on top of that for easier positioning when below 50% HP and can buff dragons for a massive +6 Def/Res. Basically a must-get if you have Tiki and Nowi.

Karel got Reprisal (30% of suffered damage added as damage, 2-action cooldown), which combines well with his bulk and the rest of his kit including Defiant Attack and the new Wo Dao weapon (+10 damage on special activation). He won't be the next Lucina, but at least at first glance he's got a surprisingly good matchup against lancers and can definitely win against other swordsmen.

The rest are eh. Jaffar's way too fragile without anything to show for it. I think I'd prefer Setsuna over Rebecca. Lucius and Priscilla are healers which are the most unloved class for various reasons.

ggx2ac

I just realised with the arena changes that healers might become relevant for once.

I should probably get Wrys to 5*, I still haven't really seen other healers that stood out as being as good as him at healing aside from Lissa.

Ninferno

put Odin's tome on Ursula. If that works then get ready for some real dumb shit with those +6/+6 cavalry buffs. I'm guessing if they are paying enough attention to nerf Fury's effect on matchmaking that they won't let this slide, though.

While that is a perfectly sound plan, it costs 20k feathers on Odin to get Blárblade+, and then another 20k on Ursula for her to be able to inherit it. That's going to take time for a F2Per; the return could be great though, can't argue with that. You just need to pray that after you finally gather enough feathers and execute your this plan, some random blue mage with decent stats spread, naturally wielding Blárblade+ do not just pop up out of nowhere...

Mupod

While that is a perfectly sound plan, it costs 20k feathers on Odin to get Blárblade+, and then another 20k on Ursula for her to be able to inherit it. That's going to take time for a F2Per; the return could be great though, can't argue with that. You just need to pray that after you finally gather enough feathers and execute your this plan, some random blue mage with decent stats spread, naturally wielding Blárblade+ do not just pop up out of nowhere...

actually, I was talking with people who have been digging around in game files and they think that a 3-4* unit wouldn't need to be 5* to pass on 5* versions of skills. Of course that seems a little TOO crazy and generous to me and went against what I was assuming myself. Just another mystery that'll be solved by tomorrow.

This would also work with Nino and Cecilia, although losng a Nino hurts a lot more than losing an Odin, and Cecilia has crap stats + doesn't come with Death Blow for free.

I wonder if non-cavalry will be able to learn Hone/Fortify Cavalry, or if you'd need to run Gunter and Jeigan. I have both, but only at 3*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom