• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will they always skip 1-2 banners for Arena? Should I expect to be able to use Elise next season for double score?

So far it looks like they only use banners for new characters.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Thanks for this, this is great - had no idea that stats were fixed at lvl 40, so that means worrying about level ups is stupid.

Okay, here's another question. It seems like I can only earn red badges from the training levels, which I've been farming for exp and badges to promote my 3 star characters. How do you get different coloured badges?

You'll get different colored badges on different days. Today is Red, tomorrow's blue, then green, colorless, and random badges are given from Saturday-Monday (based on days of the week).

Also, there is some slight variation on stats, but that is set already when you get your unit at lvl 1. Basically a unit can have a boon and a bane (what we're referring to as IVs), where one stat is better, and another stat is worse than usual. A unit can also be entirely neutral or occasionally have 2 boons and 2 banes. You can look up these stats on feheroes.wiki (they'll list the lvl 1 and lvl 40 stats for the character. Basically if your character has above average attack at level 1, it'll have like 3 more attack than average at lvl 40, etc.).

I did a few pulls on the first banners and have been saving orbs ever since.
(Next Lyn banner when?)

All I have to show for is a +ATK / - SPD Takumi (goddamn why, and I fused a second 5* into him without checking that other's stats...) and Ogma as my 5*s.

It's okay though, I can do well enough for steady feathers in arena with Takumi, and am otherwise crawling through story mode and the side quests. "Lunatic" difficulty is mostly hopeless for me though.
I got some nice green 4*s (Raven and Frederick) and Subaki at 4* is pulling his weight a lot as the blue guy on my team. I mostly use a 3* Olivia over Ogma though, just allows for more flexibility. Before that I would also add a 3* Saizo that helped with mages. Still not able to counter armored units well in that way, and no one can really take a lot of hits, which is why I never get to clear the special maps on higher difficulties. But I just feather everyone up to 4* and that's good enough for now.

By the way, I think it's cool that one of the new missions gives a 2* Draug as a reward. The unit itself is crap, but I need some more armored units for some of the other missions, and free units that add variety are always nice! I hope they add more like this if they don't intend to add more units to the special map rotation.

If you're having trouble beating armored units, you probably need to train up a mage. Cecilia is given out for free and she has decent attack. I think Sophia and Raigh are also given out for free, so if you didn't send them home, they could be ok.

Bovine

Neo Member
My 5*
Red: Lyn, Lucina, Seliph, Leo, Karel
Blue: MRobin, Olwen, Peri
Green: Camilla, Fae
Colorless: Maria, Elise

Of course most have bad IVs, but I've done alright. MRobin was a feather promote though.
I'll probably try for Ninian once I get back to 20 in a week.

Who should I attempt to 5*:

mRobin, Tharja, Tiki (old), Cordelia, Effie, or Nino

My current 5* are:

Ninian, Lucina, Hinoka, and Camilla

My guess was Tharja and Effie being the best options, but not sure how that fits into a future team.

champloo

Finally came around enough feathers for my girl..
Uccr0Fgl.png
Such balance.. such perfection! All the numbers are in the 30s lol

Ninferno

I had this problem as well. I would say that about 25% of the rolls conducted did not have blue orbs. I am not sure why but it was definitely annoying as fuck.

The probability of missing 1 of the 4 colors in 5 stones is
(3/4)*(3/4)*(3/4)*(3/4)*(3/4) = 0.2373

So you actually aren't being unlucky at all.

My 4* MRobin is -HP +Attk
My 4* Roy is -Def +RES

Decision Decision on who to upgrade next...I guess Seliph as a good deasign too and should be considered.

The probability of missing 1 of the 4 colors in 5 stones is
(3/4)*(3/4)*(3/4)*(3/4)*(3/4) = 0.2373

So you actually aren't being unlucky at all.

The chance of blue appearing right now is actually 24% however, so (1-.24)^5=0.25355 :p

(for the record, red=31.08%, blue=24.00%, green=17.97%, colorless=26.95%)

kewlmyc

Oooh, oooh, my turn!

5*s

Red: Roy, Lyn, Eirika, Chrom, Lucina, Tiki (Young), Sanaki
Blue: Azura, Effie, Peri, Cordelia, Hinoka, Robin (Male)
Green: Raven, Camilla, Nino
Colorless: Elise, Kagero

If not for the addition of skill enhancement, I would be trying to unlock the potential of either my Tharja or my Corrin (F).

Sushen

I'm fighting urge to pull with this banner, especially people seem to get crap. And, the odd for 5* colorless seems pretty high at around 10%. Temptations... Takumi sounds great.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
From what I can tell, Ninian has the worst stats of the 3 dancers...

Ninian
HP 39/42/45
ATK 34/37/41
SPD 30/33/36
DEF 20/23/26
RES 23/27/30

Olivia
HP 33/36/40
ATK 39/43/46
SPD 30/33/36
DEF 23/27/30
RES 22/26/29

Azura
HP 33/36/40
ATK 40/43/46
SPD 33/36/39
DEF 18/21/24
RES 24/28/31

Are people liking Ninian because of the Def/Res boost? The Dragon boost is fun, if not gimmicky, but otherwise her actual stats are pretty bad lol.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Finally came around enough feathers for my girl..

Such balance.. such perfection! All the numbers are in the 30s lol
I think Selena is actually a pretty good tank because of those stats. She can probably do decent damage with that triangle adept/armorslayer too.

I always wanted to incorporate her into my team somehow because of her draw back ability, but I always end up prioritizing other units for promotion.

PK Gaming

From what I can tell, Ninian has the worst stats of the 3 dancers...

Ninian
HP 39/42/45
ATK 34/37/41
SPD 30/33/36
DEF 20/23/26
RES 23/27/30

Olivia
HP 33/36/40
ATK 39/43/46
SPD 30/33/36
DEF 23/27/30
RES 22/26/29

Azura
HP 33/36/40
ATK 40/43/46
SPD 33/36/39
DEF 18/21/24
RES 24/28/31

Are people liking Ninian because of the Def/Res boost? The Dragon boost is fun, if not gimmicky, but otherwise her actual stats are pretty bad lol.

Her durability is better than her peers (Olivia might have more defense, but Blue > Red), she has magical offense (which targets the generally lower Res stat) and Escape Route let's her teleport after she's taken damage (she has just enough speed to avoid getting ORKOd by most units). She's less flexible than Olivia/Azura, but the Dragon boost is genuinely ridiculous (good luck taking out Nowi with 45/39/33 defenses without a Dragon Killer)

kewlmyc

Her durability is better than her peers (Olivia might have more defense, but Blue > Red), she has magical offense (which targets the generally lower Res stat) and Escape Route let's her teleport after she's taken damage (she has just enough speed to avoid getting ORKOd by most units). She's less flexible than Olivia/Azura, but the Dragon boost is genuinely ridiculous (good luck taking out Nowi with 45/39/33 defenses without a Dragon Killer)

Even with a dragon killer (Lucina/Chrom/Marth), I don't see how taking down a team of Ninian/Nowi/Tiki (young)/Corrin (F) is possible.

Sushen

I'm fighting urge to pull with this banner, especially people seem to get crap. And, the odd for 5* colorless seems pretty high at around 10%. Temptations... Takumi sounds great.
Just watched a YouTube video of a guy spent over 500 orbs for Azura or Ninian, and got some 5* units nobody wanted except for Takumi. That was a wake-up call for me. Not pulling until what I want is focused.

The rate at which you obtain orbs in this game to the amount I see people pull is fucking insane.
I'll be first to admit I've spent $100 on FE heroes, but I will never spend another cent on it.
Watching videos of people using 100s of orbs is crazy town. The devs have certainly made a killing on this mobile title.

Cerium

I have gotten every hero I wanted off of each banner and I'm still F2P. :O

5* Reds: Eirika, Lyn, Young Tiki
5* Blues: Cordelia, Ninian
5* Greens: Anna, Raven, Sheena
5* Colorless: Takumi

I also have a 4* +Spd Nino who will be 5* when I get 3500 more feathers.

Pulled only reds on the Princess banner and got Eirika to pair with my Nino. Pulled only blues on the new banner and got Ninian. No muss no fuss.

Ponn

Banned
I finally hit 20k feathers so I can promote a 4* I'm stuck on who to promote though. My main crew is pretty much going to always have my 5* Camilla and Takumi so the rest kinda have to fit with that. I've been rounding it out with 4* Peri and 4* Olivia. The recent Ursula map showed I'm lacking in defense. My potential 4* promotion list is

Oboro
Hana
Subaki
Olivia

I have a 4* Nino but I also have a 5* Julia so I'm not lacking in green at all. I only use Olivia for dance and if I need a powerful red in a pinch I do have a 5* Chrom. So I guess I'm leaning towards promoting one of my spear users. Any suggestions?

Just watched a YouTube video of a guy spent over 500 orbs for Azura or Ninian, and got some 5* units nobody wanted except for Takumi. That was a wake-up call for me. Not pulling until what I want is focused.

I spent 170 for those two. Got Chrom, Lucius and Eirka. Bunch of other four and three stars. Was a bunch of stones I hoarded for free but I would never drop real money. In all my years of playing gacha games only once did I pull something I was actually going for and it took me months and hundreds of hoarded stones in order to get her.

Articalys

I can't wait for them to actually reveal whatever the hell the mechanic is for skill inherit so I can finally start promoting/merging/dismissing stuff. Want to start building up the starter trio.

champloo

That 1306 SP...

She reached Lv40 three times lol. I guess I'm ready for Skill Inheritance :)

I think Selena is actually a pretty good tank because of those stats. She can probably do decent damage with that triangle adept/armorslayer too.

I always wanted to incorporate her into my team somehow because of her draw back ability, but I always end up prioritizing other units for promotion.

Selena solved all my problem with a Hector/Effie team. She is not about killing power at all, but has a ton of utilities and very fun to use. imo she is not worse than any of the red unit out there (who am I kidding I'm probably biased lol). I'll try to write done some noteworthy things about Selena here since I've put a lot of time into her..

- Selena could be the hardest Green counter right now. I mean sure Lucina slays any green as fast if not faster, but Selena also takes literally no damage from the likes of Hector/Julia/Nino. and there are situations where you do not want to take any damage at all.
- a neutral 35spd/32def/28res is good enough to not being ORKO'ed by the majority of the cast. she can tank multiple rounds against many common threats, and spread speed debuff in the meantime, thus setting up a sweep for your dps.
- on top of these she has Reposition. Which I found to be the most useful positioning skill in the game. It allows for playing both pursuit and retract within one move. It helps that she can usually tank the incoming hit after Reposition someone to safety. Seriously, this skill along makes her a staple on my team.

Pfft it seems I've put too much dedication into my waifu.. hopefully someone finds this useful :p

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Eh she's a bit overrated imo bc of how dancers are used. You want them in the back behind your guys, not out taking hits or attacking. Same with escape route. Seems good but if your dancer has to rely on escape route, you're probably doing it wrong. Her synergy with dragons might become a thing but you would need pretty specific units and even then, there's a lot of Lucinas running around. A good unit like all dancers are, but if you have Olivia I would not spend orbs trying to get Nin unless you really want the dragon buff. I personally don't think any of these new units are worth a pull if you are F2P.

PK Gaming

Eh she's a bit overrated imo bc of how dancers are used. You want them in the back behind your guys, not out taking hits or attacking. Same with escape route. Seems good but if your dancer has to rely on escape route, you're probably doing it wrong. Her synergy with dragons might become a thing but you would need pretty specific units and even then, there's a lot of Lucinas running around. A good unit like all dancers are, but if you have Olivia I would not spend orbs trying to get Nin unless you really want the dragon buff. I personally don't think any of these new units are worth a pull if you are F2P.

Most of the time she's going to hang back and double your turns for your offensive carries, but if she ends up taking damage from a unit she can tank, escape route has some niche applications. Her main thing is buffing Nowi to the point where she rolls over most teams. Even against Lucina, Nowi w/ Ninian support actually beats her if Lucina attacks first.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Most of the time she's going to hang back and double your turns for your offensive carries, but if she ends up taking damage from a unit she can tank, escape route has some niche applications. Her main thing is buffing Nowi to the point where she rolls over most teams. Even against Lucina, Nowi w/ Ninian support actually beats her if Lucina attacks first.

Right, agreed. That's why I said unless you have the right units, not worth pulling for her. In have those units. Maybe I should pull!

PK Gaming

Right, agreed. That's why I said unless you have the right units, not worth pulling for her. In have those units. Maybe I should pull!

I'll be wishing you bad luck

The last time I wished someone good luck they got burned, so maybe this will work out...

Ninferno

Wow, some megaton just dropped in today's announcement. For starters, defense maps, reinforcements are coming! Arena matchmaking will also receive an overhaul that should provide a better evaluation of team strength. It promises to take into the account of factors other than BST, like stars, levels, +x, skills. And even the BST element will now exclude the skill modifiers (Fury just becomes much less attractive now so I don't have to regret too much about having sent dupe Hinatas home previously).

Sounds promising and exciting overall, hope they can actually deliver all these in April.

Edit: Oh, they probably meant units fallen in earlier battles being unable to join in later part of the battle series event, not actually perma-death in traditional FE sense, my bad.

Magicalhatz

Neo Member
Wow, some megaton just dropped in today's announcement. For starters, defense maps, reinforcements are coming! Arena matchmaking will also receive an overhaul that should provide a better evaluation of team strength. It promises to take into the account of factors other than BST, like stars, levels, +x, skills. And even the BST element will now exclude the skill modifiers (Fury just becomes much less attractive now so I don't have to regret too much about having sent dupe Hinatas home previously).

Sounds promising and exciting overall, hope they can actually deliver all these in April.

Edit: Not sure how to feel about the mentioning of perma-death event in the "Future Plan" section though. I can't imagine how rage-inducing it could be if you lose your hard-earned 5* MVPs in this so-called "thrilling play experiences"... I enjoy the "thrill" of perma-death in full-fledged FE games; I'm just not sure if the same can be said for a mobile gacha game... It's really ambitious and I'm sure they will need to update the T&C if they may potentially take away things people earned with IAP.

It says in the notification that you won't permanently lose any allies that are defeated while playing this event. So I doubt we'll lose our 5* MVP anytime soon or else I'm never touching that mode.

OVDRobo

Edit: Not sure how to feel about the mentioning of perma-death event in the "Future Plan" section though. I can't imagine how rage-inducing it could be if you lose your hard-earned 5* MVPs in this so-called "thrilling play experiences"... I enjoy the "thrill" of perma-death in full-fledged FE games; I'm just not sure if the same can be said for a mobile gacha game... It's really ambitious and I'm sure they will need to update the T&C if they may potentially take away things people earned with IAP.

It states in the penultimate paragraph:
"Don't worry! You won't permanently lose any allies that are defeated while playing this event."

Some interesting stuff coming, for sure. Assuming that when skill inheritance drops it doesn't completely break the game or force it down an incredibly boring meta path, I can see myself continuing to play this for quite a while.

redcrayon

Edit: Oh, they probably meant units fallen in earlier battles being unable to join in later part of battle series event, not actually perma-death in traditional FE sense, my bad.
I really like that idea, it encourages people to win maps without losing units or to have plenty of strong reserves.

Defence maps are always fun, and skill inheritance sounds interesting, as does the 'hero merit' points (gain feathers by units being used a lot).

ggx2ac

This is lame, I wanted Skill Inheritance now, not April. I'll have to expand my barracks again.

And it's good to see they are fixing up how you earn scores in arena otherwise, it would be too easy fighting 4 infrantry melee units all the time.

Dee Dee

Xander not until May.

At least Navarre is coming after Michalis.

Now we wait for the popular vote banner.

I am honestly surprised at the amount of QoL changes. They are surpressing the news banner to once every 24 hours?
And feathers for everyone! And new map objectives!

However the skill inheritance feature described sounds like it's exclusively referring to the merge of two of the same hero. If they plan to break the game with making everyone compatible with everything they are at least not going to do it in April yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom