• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

explodet

I've only pulled 3 5* characters (Roy, Camilla and Merric), and am on the verge of promoting my fourth with 20K feathers. The RNG demons have not been kind to me.

fmiGzS7.png

Trying for Ninian last night only got me a ton of 4* lancers, which I don't really need because my Effie is beasting over everything even at 4*.
actually, I was talking with people who have been digging around in game files and they think that a 3-4* unit wouldn't need to be 5* to pass on 5* versions of skills. Of course that seems a little TOO crazy and generous to me and went against what I was assuming myself. Just another mystery that'll be solved by tomorrow.
I was hoping for that as well, I just pulled a 3* Odin that's headed to the sacrificial altar - my 4* is as threatening as a wet noodle and I'm tired of babysitting him.

And it would also make all those 1* characters useful.
I'm going to try giving F Robin my 1* Cecilia's Gronnraven/Rally Resistance/Attack+ and see what's possible.

Mupod

heh, with Gronnraven and any random MRobin (I have THREE 4* ones alone) it'd be fun to turn FRobin into a palette swap of him. They have identical stats.

Sushen

They specifically say that the daily arena rewards of feathers/crest/orb have no planned end point at this moment- they aren't temporary.

For the time being, we've gone from 14 to 8 orbs a week, but with an extra 1400 feathers instead. It's a drop, but the promotions seem pretty regular, I don't think there's going to be a drought.
I think this is more feasible approach where you rely on promoting what you've got instead of relying on 5* luck which only handful of players have.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So I think my new team is gonna be

Eirika, Nino, Ninian, Takumi

Obviously the primary strategy will be for Nino to murder everything with buffed up attack and assists from Ninian.

The only thing I'll really miss is my Tiki for eating Hectors. Maybe I'll swap out Takumi for Tiki and have Ninian use Fortify Dragons...

Eirika can take down Hector right?

Wouldn't Olivia be the better choice since hone attack's 4 attack is more useful than +def in this instance?

Griss

I'm now at 40 summons with no 5 star characters. For some reason I thought number 41 would be a guarantee, but it's actually number 121, right?

I can almost feel the fact that I'm destined to have to use that guarantee to get one.

Oh well, at least I have a balanced squad of 4-star characters now.

J-Tier

I have 20k feathers and tempted to promote my Cecilia. I think it's probably a bad idea though, since I already have Julia and Camilla as my greens. A green cavalry mage seems useful though :/

I'll follow GAF's good advice though and wait until inherit skill is a thing.

Mupod

I'm now at 40 summons with no 5 star characters. For some reason I thought number 41 would be a guarantee, but it's actually number 121, right?

I can almost feel the fact that I'm destined to have to use that guarantee to get one.

Unless you've done all those summons on one banner then the appearance rate won't keep going up. Saying this as someone who put 200 orbs into Legendary Heroes and just barely got Robin before it went away. Also keep in mind if you're pulling a color on a banner that doesn't have a featured unit, you're less likely to find a 5*. For example green orbs on the one that is up right now have no focus unit.

I was already in too deep with my mynintendo account linked and some money spent so I didn't start over after my own 200 orb fiasco. But now wouldn't be a bad time to try restarting over and over to look for a super rare unit like Hector, as you'd get the 25 orb login bonus with a new account.

redcrayon

I think this is more feasible approach where you rely on promoting what you've got instead of relying on 5* luck which only handful of players have.
This is what I'm thinking too. I've got about 30 decent 4* units at level 20-40 (out of around 60 units) and ready for promotion, I'm quite happy to promote some of them rather than keep pulling for 5* units. All that's done for me so far is fill my roster with more mouths to feed (with XP). :D

Ninferno

When a unit is +atk-def for example, would the trait continue once promoted?

Yes.

How do we know which ones will get a 4* version?

We don't know it for sure until the next banner comes up but it's pretty safe to say that characters you can only pull as 5 stars are very rare and mostly reserved for those best units like Hector, Lucina, Linde. For Priscilla, I think her 4* after this blazing banner is almost guaranteed and even 3* would be very likely.

That's indeed unfortunately, but if you have done 40 summons, that's equivalent to 8 full 5-pulls and your rate of getting 5* should be raised to 3 + 0.25 * 8 = 5% for both focus and non-focus (assuming your 40 summons have been under the same banner). That in total is 10% per summon, so in terms of expectation, your next 5-pull should result in 0.5 5* on average. That's a pretty good chance, but well, expectation is expectation.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I mean Eirika was pretty good and she got a 4* version. Klein was one of the better units from last banner and he has a 4* version now.

Eirika is not really that good... Klein was also not that good either. But who knows. Maybe they choose at random.

I'm topping out at 4470 in a flawless arena run with Reinhardt, Eldigan, Nino, Eirika. Great score, but still 5 days left to try and improve it. I could swap Reinhardt for 5* Camilla or 5* Jakob who both have a 12 point higher BST.

Question is how much do those 12 points really raise the score potential? And would Jakob be better than Camilla for this experiment since I already have a green in Nino. Camilla is +Atk/-res and I have no clue what nature Jakob is as I started leveling him already.

Sushen

It's pretty upsetting when you get a crap 5* unit wasting your percentage rather than a good 4* that you can promote later.

Weebos

Banned
Yesterday I pulled Reinhardt and Jaffar (right after upgrading Kagero too lol). I've been training them up and man is Reinhardt good.

Bovine

Neo Member
It's pretty upsetting when you get a crap 5* unit wasting your percentage rather than a good 4* that you can promote later.

Agreed, today I went for a Ninian, only to get an Abel with +Speed -Atk, which is garbage for him (he's already slow through the Brave Lance, and -Atk is his worst. I'm done pulling this banner.

Zafir

Yeah the other week when I got to 4.5%+4.5% it was broken by a low tier 5* healer (Sakura I think?).

lol

Fortunately my luck has come around since then.

Eirika is not really that good... Klein was also not that good either. But who knows. Maybe they choose at random.

I mean they aren't the best units in the game in their respective areas, but I think they're some of the "better" units of the game.

Eirika is one of the better red units in my opinion since she gives units around her +ATK and +SPD. Klein isn't a Takumi but if used well he can do a lot of damage to a unit.

Either way, who knows.

Yesterday I pulled Reinhardt and Jaffar (right after upgrading Kagero too lol). I've been training them up and man is Reinhardt good.

Yes he is. I got a +Atk/ -res 4*on my other account and it is soooooo tempting to pull the trigger on promoting him over Effie, but I need that BST

. Dude one shots nearly every red in the game, many blues, nearly all colorless including Takumi, especially if he is buffed. I wouldn't be surprised if he moved to S tier. His speed is dreadful but being Calvary he is easy to keep out of harms way.

Ninferno

Eirika is very good, so is Klein. They are just good for more specific purposes, not as general as Hector's "move forward and see everybody perishes before me" kind of good. There are also many extremely good general-purpose units like Effie, Nowi, and Marth who can be pulled as 4*; Nino can even be pulled as 3*. Still, this could just be because the developer themselves failed to realize how good these units actually are during the design phase; it doesn't change the fact the it is pretty clear the developer intended to make the 5* exclusive units the best.

Pejo

Ok I'm done on this banner. Put some cash into the game and just more of the same shit - Donnel, Florina, Est, and Sully in parades, the occasional Gwendolyn. Only 5* I got was a dupe Ephraim. Blue dancers will not grace me with their presence, dammit.

Ok I'm done on this banner. Put some cash into the game and just more of the same shit - Donnel, Florina, Est, and Sully in parades, the occasional Gwendolyn. Only 5* I got was a dupe Ephraim. Blue dancers will not grace me with their presence, dammit.

i got a blue dancer first pull

only thing was it was ninian instead of azura.

kayos90

Yeah the other week when I got to 4.5%+4.5% it was broken by a low tier 5* healer (Sakura I think?).

lol

Fortunately my luck has come around since then.

I mean they aren't the best units in the game in their respective areas, but I think they're some of the "better" units of the game.

Eirika is one of the better red units in my opinion since she gives units around her +ATK and +SPD. Klein isn't a Takumi but if used well he can do a lot of damage to a unit.

Either way, who knows.

Eirika is very good, so is Klein. They are just good for more specific purposes, not as general as Hector's "move forward and see everybody perishes before me" kind of good. There are also many extremely good general-purpose units like Effie, Nowi, and Marth who can be pulled as 4*; Nino can even be pulled as 3*. Still, this could just be because the developer themselves failed to realize how good these units actually are during the design phase; it doesn't change the fact the it is pretty clear the developer intended to make the 5* exclusive units the best.

Both of these units are really solid and better than the units they choose to 5 star in their respective banners.

I can see how you make the point that Eirika is good but Klein really isn't. He has a very interesting and a good kit but unfortunately his stats make him subpar and doesn't support his kit at all. It's just not that great.

As for Eirika, she fulfills a certain niche but she's in a category where there are just too many good reds that can be replaced and her support role is better fulfilled in other colors imo.

PK Gaming

I can see how you make the point that Eirika is good but Klein really isn't. He has a very interesting and a good kit but unfortunately his stats make him subpar and doesn't support his kit at all. It's just not that great.

As for Eirika, she fulfills a certain niche but she's in a category where there are just too many good reds that can be replaced and her support role is better fulfilled in other colors imo.

With Klein, he can just delete things with Death Blow boosted Brave Bow. He ORKO's literally every red lord and mage (barring Robin) in the game, and can even take out Effie and Hector. Back him up with Hone Attack, and you're looking at someone who can dish out heavy burst damage. And he's going to get even BETTER after the matchmaking changes.

Eirika might not be flashy, but she's versatile and works well with literally every unit in the game due to her buffs. She doesn't necessarily compete with other Red lords either since you can use them alongside her (like I have with Ryoma).

kayos90

With Klein, he can just delete things with Death Blow boosted Brave Bow. He ORKO's literally every red lord and mage (barring Robin) in the game, and can even take out Effie and Hector. Back him up with Hone Attack, and you're looking at someone who can dish out heavy burst damage. And he's going to get even BETTER after the matchmaking changes.

Eirika might not be flashy, but she's versatile and works well with literally every unit in the game due to her buffs. She doesn't necessarily compete with other Red lords either since you can use them alongside her (like I have with Ryoma).

Gonna be honest but most red lords are pretty weak and squishy. The bar itself is set low if you're using this example.

For Eirika, you didn't even directly address my issues....

den

Hey there, summoners of Askr... need some suggestions.

I wanna use up my 20k feathers, and I'm thinking of promoting Corrin(F) to 5* as she seems to have a +atk/-def IV and has Seal Res skill, which might be good with a mage team.

Has anyone gotten her to 5* yet? Is she tanky enough to survive an attack from Takumi/Robin so that she can reduce their RES afterward, and then have my mages nuke the enemies afterwards?

Any thoughts?

I have a 5* Corrin(F), however mine is +def/ - res so I don't know if your results will be the same as mine. My Corrin can take takumi hits easy, they do about 7-9 damage. Robin does about half damage to her, but yours would probably be better off since it has neutral res.

fek

Got 4* Ursula to level 40, expecting her to be a bonus character for the next arena season. Probably gonna find some use in one of the next grand battles as well.

Draxal

Gonna be honest but most red lords are pretty weak and squishy. The bar itself is set low if you're using this example.

Tbh, I only think she's weaker than Lucina and Ryoma, with Ryoma being the one that is impossible to get.

I actually think Blue has the best array of units overall, and I'd much rather run Azura and Eirika over Olivia and a blue buffer as Olivia doesn't work with Sharena.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

So with skill inheritance, I wonder if you could put Dance on Eirika....

Eirika benefits a lot from Nino being a "common" character that can be pulled at 3* and just we just had a banner for her as well. Eirika by standing next to Nino gives Nino +10 Atk and Nino gives Eirika 4 back to help with her relatively low Atk. And even if you don't have Nino she still buffs Atk and speed, something that would normally take two characters. And she has solid stats across the board so she is hard to one shot, she can even bait out some attacks. A good BST, and her pivot skill allows her to move 4 spaces if planned properly. If Olivia can be S tier for passing her turn to other characters, then Eirika deserves to be there more so.

PK Gaming

But I also showcased his effectiveness against tanky units (he's one of the only units who can ORKO Effie through Wary Fighter and he can ORKO Hector, which is something most physical ranged units can't do. Also you're off base; due to their high Speed, it's surprisingly difficult to ORKO red lords (which is something even Takumi can't do). Klein does it for free.

Re: Eirika

I'm not sure what you mean by "support role is better fulfilled in other colors imo." There isn't a single unit in the game who gives both Attack and Speed buffs at the same time. Of the Hone Speed users currently in the game, you have Ryoma (who rocks), Hinoka (needs support of her own), Laslow (whatever), Matthew (who cares). Eirika is a low maintenance unit that can instantly you your units up with a +3 Atk/4Spe boost to stats. Nobody else can match that.

As for whether she competes with other Red Lords, let's run through all of the relevant red's:

Lucina: Eirika and Lucina don't compete. Lucina's offense is legendary, while Eirika's is okay. Running the two units together is very viable, though.
Lyn: lol
Ryoma: See Lucina.
Roy: lol
Chrom: Nah
Marth: Up to you
Eldigan: Works best on cav teams.
Corrin: Meh
Seliph: lol

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Is there any difference in a 4 star mRobin and the 5 star?
5* MRobin gets a much more powerful weapon. It's a big step up from 4* MRobin.

I'd argue that 4* MRobin isn't very good in his role as a fairly tanky anti-grey mage without his 5* weapon.

scy

Klein's primary failing was just Brave weapon + Ranged leaving him with a low total stat pool (it's like ... one of the lowest in the game?). Takumi has basically all the same value but without an extra penalty. Really, if we're going to that extreme than colorless as a whole is pretty terrible which is a whole different discussion.

If nothing else, his other primarily failing is being essentially a stat check role but without the stat stick.

It largely depends on what your definition of "good" is going to be here? She's a solid red unit that does basically everything you want her to. She has better defensive stats (notably RES) than a lot of other lords; reasonable ATK/SPD to take out most every green unit she needs to and survives well enough taking a hit to set up fights. She's not the best but she's not really competing with, say, Lucina or Ryoma levels of offense. She's not a focal point of a group but more the all-rounder that ties up loose ends.

Plus, I'd argue she's pretty unrivaled in her support in hitting the vital offensive stats in one adjacent slot. If she had competition at a two-panel range then maybe but she's a good one panel choice for a buff. I guess to put an example to it, I pulled an Eirika and was pretty excited at the opportunities she'd slot into rather than groups I'd want to build around her. Her only real competition for this power of a utility buffer, that isn't Dance, is basically Sharena? And that's offensive vs defensive utility.

But I also showcased his effectiveness against tanky units (he's one of the only units who can ORKO Effie through Wary Fighter and he can ORKO Hector, which is something most physical ranged units can't do. Also you're off base; due to their high Speed, it's surprisingly difficult to ORKO red lords (which is something even Takumi can't do). Klein does it for free.

I'm not sure what you mean by "support role is better fulfilled in other colors imo." There isn't a single unit in the game who gives both Attack and Speed buffs at the same time. Of the Hone Speed users currently in the game, you have Ryoma (who rocks), Hinoka (needs support of her own), Laslow (whatever), Matthew (who cares). Eirika is a low maintenance unit that can instantly you your units up with a +3 Atk/4Spe boost to stats. Nobody else can match that.

As for whether she competes with other Red Lords, let's run through all of the relevant red's:

Lucina: Eirika and Lucina don't compete. Lucina's offense is legendary, while Eirika's is okay. Running the two units together is very viable, though.
I use Eirika with Reinhardt and Eldigan and it rocks.

kayos90

Almost any mage unit can go through Effie if they're ranged with high attack. This is such a moot point. As for Hector, he's something else entirely. I guess you can say he's a Hector killbot?? Idk. As scy mentions, I personally believe he comes across as bad to me due to a mismatch of stats vs skills.

I'm not talking about the exact buffs offered by Eirika specifically. I'm talking about support buffs offered as a whole. I'm not saying Eirika is bad unlike Klein. Eirika is an alright unit. I wouldn't use her as a primarily red lord if I have Lucina or Ryoma for sure. But if this is the case then she's most likely populating the 4th slot and this slot can be fulfilled by other roles so easily. That's just how it stands in my eyes. Eirika is a good stop gap for what good red units can look like but it's just not quite there in the current state of the game.

Klein's primary failing was just Brave weapon + Ranged leaving him with a low total stat pool (it's like ... one of the lowest in the game?). Takumi has basically all the same value but without an extra penalty. Really, if we're going to that extreme than colorless as a whole is pretty terrible which is a whole different discussion.

If nothing else, his other primarily failing is being essentially a stat check role but without the stat stick.

I agree with this assessment.

It largely depends on what your definition of "good" is going to be here? She's a solid red unit that does basically everything you want her to. She has better defensive stats (notably RES) than a lot of other lords; reasonable ATK/SPD to take out most every green unit she needs to and survives well enough taking a hit to set up fights. She's not the best but she's not really competing with, say, Lucina or Ryoma levels of offense. She's not a focal point of a group but more the all-rounder that ties up loose ends.

Plus, I'd argue she's pretty unrivaled in her support in hitting the vital offensive stats in one adjacent slot. If she had competition at a two-panel range then maybe but she's a good one panel choice for a buff. I guess to put an example to it, I pulled an Eirika and was pretty excited at the opportunities she'd slot into rather than groups I'd want to build around her. Her only real competition for this power of a utility buffer, that isn't Dance, is basically Sharena? And that's offensive vs defensive utility.

Eh.... I don't really have a counter-argument. I'll concede on this point. I'd just re-emphasize the point that if she's a person that ties up loose ends then I'd rather have someone else. Idk. Maybe I'm too biased when running specific compositions.

Scum

How are you guys spending your orbs? Going for the full five pulls or just "wasting" them on the colours you want..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom