• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceMarker

m8zAZzE.png

What do you guys think of my current arena defense team? I feel like it might be too heavy on the lances in case people start switching to RobinF/Axe users more often.

kewlmyc

Just pulled a 5* Atk+/HP- Jeorge. Is he any good?

m8zAZzE.png

What do you guys think of my current arena defense team? I feel like it might be too heavy on the lances in case people start switching to RobinF/Axe users more often.

You'll fuck up the day of anyone running a mostly red team, which is more common than you think. It's a fine defense team.

PK Gaming

Almost any mage unit can go through Effie if they're ranged with high attack. This is such a moot point. As for Hector, he's something else entirely. I guess you can say he's a Hector killbot?? Idk. As scy mentions, I personally believe he comes across as bad to me due to a mismatch of stats vs skills.

Not even Julia/Nino can ORKO Julia though due to Wary Fighter. That's the crux of my my argument; no ranged unit can match Klein's ability to ORKO units. That's why he's appealing. Example

I'm not talking about the exact buffs offered by Eirika specifically. I'm talking about support buffs offered as a whole. I'm not saying Eirika is bad unlike Klein. Eirika is an alright unit. I wouldn't use her as a primarily red lord if I have Lucina or Ryoma for sure. But if this is the case then she's most likely populating the 4th slot and this slot can be fulfilled by other roles so easily. That's just how it stands in my eyes. Eirika is a good stop gap for what good red units can look like but it's just not quite there in the current state of the game.

Can you give me examples, then? Because I can't think of support units who match Eirika's +7 buffs on top of her passable combat and drag back/pivot utility.

IceMarker

You'll fuck up the day of anyone running a mostly red team, which is more common than you think. It's a fine defense team.
In my experience Jeorge seems to be a slightly tankier Takumi, obviously without Close Counter. He's pretty solid IMO, but his special is really hard to take advantage of since it's a flat horizontal line, but at least it does great damage.

Thanks, that's the intention!

Yeah in retrospect I guess that could work too since the double stat buff is too fucking good (Eldigan avoids getting doubled by 35 Speed lords after a boost).

She works well with pretty much every unit in the game.

She makes a decent replacement for Gunter if you don't have him or ddin't want to promote him to 4* for Hone Cavalry. Still, Erika is tied for the best single support unit along with dancers.

Also, on Klein, I'm not really convinced he is so amazing. He is basically a faster Gordin (trades in defense, and still not fast enough), and Gordin hasn't been doing too much for me. I'm just going to assume the gold standard of killing reds is being able to nuke Lucina. Neutral Klein needs + 1 attack in order to OHKO neutral Lucina, and plus attack Klein can't ORKO +HP or + Def Lucina. Lucina isn't really what I'd call bulky either. In practice, almost everyone runs some kind of attack buff, so this isn't too big of an issue, but it leaves me feeling meh. Klein isn't a bad unit though, just not amazing to me. I'd rather marry my support unit to a -blade mage than a brave bow user.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

What am I going to do with all of these 5 star Rebeccas?? I should have waited for a better banner, or just not opened them all when I saw 4 colorless.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Not even Julia/Nino can ORKO Julia though due to Wary Fighter. That's the crux of my my argument; no ranged unit can match Klein's ability to ORKO units. That's why he's appealing. Example

All 4 shots show him using his skill to boost damage. How is this even a good comparison to anyone else?

Can you give me examples, then? Because I can't think of support units who match Eirika's +7 buffs on top of her passable combat and drag back/pivot utility.

I would much rather this.

http://feheroes.wiki/Corrin_(F)

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
As I understand it, he's a solid bow user. Kind of like Takumi but minus the close counter.
How are you guys spending your orbs? Going for the full five pulls or just "wasting" them on the colours you want..?
I mostly just pull blues and greens these days. I have way too many 5* sword users (2 Lucinas, Ryoma, and Roy), and the only grey I'm interested in is Kagero, so I don't bother pulling grey.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
One-round KO. A unit killing a full-health unit in one round, which includes both one-shots and double attacks.

PK Gaming

All 4 shots show him using his skill to boost damage. How is this even a good comparison to anyone else?

?!?

The special only mattered against Effie. The rest died with or without it. Also, he charges his special pretty fast with his Brave Weapon, and saving her for last is easy due to her pathetic movement range. Even if you don't charge it, he does 48 HP to her, which is a goddamn ton, and way more than every single mage in the game.

I like using her too (I use both her and Eirika on my main team), but she doesn't have Hone Speed + Hone Attack, which is better than just Hone Attack. Heck, they don't even compete for a slot since they fulfill different roles.

Griss

Unless you've done all those summons on one banner then the appearance rate won't keep going up. Saying this as someone who put 200 orbs into Legendary Heroes and just barely got Robin before it went away. Also keep in mind if you're pulling a color on a banner that doesn't have a featured unit, you're less likely to find a 5*. For example green orbs on the one that is up right now have no focus unit.

I was already in too deep with my mynintendo account linked and some money spent so I didn't start over after my own 200 orb fiasco. But now wouldn't be a bad time to try restarting over and over to look for a super rare unit like Hector, as you'd get the 25 orb login bonus with a new account.

When you say a 'banner', what do you mean? I'm new to gatcha.

Each time I've summoned, I've used all of the orbs on the board for max efficiency. Is that what you mean? Or does the fact that some of my pulls were under the 'Princes' thing and some under 'Fighting Ursula' etc mean that it gets reset? Because FUCK if true.

kayos90

?!?

The special only mattered against Effie. The rest died with or without it. Also, he charges his special pretty fast with his Brave Weapon, and saving her for last is easy due to her pathetic movement range. Even if you don't charge it, he does 48 HP to her, which is a goddamn ton, and way more than every single mage in the game.

I like using her too (I use both her and Eirika on my main team), but she doesn't have Hone Speed + Hone Attack, which is better than just Hone Attack. Heck, they don't even compete for a slot since they fulfill different roles.

Also it seems from those pictures that those units suffered from debuffs or somethign else. I don't buy these. And even if it did I'm not fully convinced. His kits do not mesh well with his stats on paper.

I said earlier other support roles. I specifically mentioned that it didn't have to be those skills specifically.

Each time I've summoned, I've used all of the orbs on the board for max efficiency. Is that what you mean? Or does the fact that some of my pulls were under the 'Princes' thing and some under 'Fighting Ursula' etc mean that it gets reset? Because FUCK if true.

The second one. You only stack bonus rates for pulls under the same title, and gain bonus pull rate for every 5 non 5* pulls.

Griss

The second one. You only stack bonus rates for pulls under the same title, and gain bonus pull rate for every 5 non 5* pulls.

God. Damn. It.

I might be better off doing the reroll thing then at this stage despite being halfway through the campaign on hard.

How many orbs would I get if I started over today?

I can then keep rerolling until I get a decent start on an all-manakete team, which would be my ultimate desire, whether it's decent at fighting or not.

Mupod

The banner is the summoning focus in question - Princes, Fighting Ursula, and the current one with Ninian etc for example. If you pick all the orbs you're being more efficient, but if for example you were pulling under the Princes banner then the only focus units were Ephraim, Chrom and Leo. So green and colorless orbs would only have the normal rates instead of the additional chance for a 5* Chrom/Ephraim/Leo.

And yeah it's bullshit but each focus has its own appearance rate that climbs as you fail to find stuff. If the banner goes away before you find one, it all goes away.

God. Damn. It.

I might be better off doing the reroll thing then at this stage despite being halfway through the campaign on hard.

I can then keep rerolling until I get a decent start on an all-manakete team, which would be my ultimate desire, whether it's decent at fighting or not.

it might have been a bit better to do it two days ago as you'd have the launch celebration maps, but a free 25 right off the bat would be nice for rapidly trying over and over. And halfway through hard is something you could breeze through really fast with some strong units, especially if you start off with a good team and have spare orbs for the upgraded exp castle.

God. Damn. It.

I think you'd get 35? The 20 orbs for the Lucina Massacre, and then the 15 base orbs for starting. Don't remember if there are other orbs, but you should be able to easliy make 40 orbs. You'll have the para/xenologues too.

EDIT, you'll have 40 with the 5 free orbs. Also, consider heavily if you want top upgrade you castle all the way. 18 orbs for last 40% EXP boost isn't always a good idea...

PK Gaming

Also it seems from those pictures that those units suffered from debuffs or somethign else. I don't buy these. And even if it did I'm not fully convinced. His kits do not mesh well with his stats on paper.

OtLnas1.png

Alright, let's math it out.

Klein has 38 base attack. Death Blow puts him at 44/. Takumi has 25 defense. After an attack boost, he's at 48. (48 - 25) * 2 = 46. Dead Takumi.

vs Hector, he deals (48 - 37) * 4 = 44. Hector's alive. BUT, his skill will always proc against Hector due to Distant Counter. So it's actually (11 + 11 + 11 + 30) Dead Hector.

I emphatically disagree that his kit doesn't mesh with his stats. Death Blow is a top tier skill for ranged units, and Quick Riposte gives him a strong enemy phase. He has literally everything he needs to succeed.

I said earlier other support roles. I specifically mentioned that it didn't have to be those skills specifically.

Those skills are the go-to skills for support, though. There isn't much out there that matches it outside of Dancing and Defense buffs. Healers are underpowered.

Scum

As I understand it, he's a solid bow user. Kind of like Takumi but minus the close counter.

I mostly just pull blues and greens these days. I have way too many 5* sword users (2 Lucinas, Ryoma, and Roy), and the only grey I'm interested in is Kagero, so I don't bother pulling grey.
Hmm. I asked simply because I have way too many lances and swords too. 😂
Cheers for the response.

kayos90

PSA: So when I was rolling for Ninian I did some experimenting about the 5* rate increases after every round. Here's what I found. If you select one gem out of 5 and then stop the summoning, it will NOT increase the rate by .25%. However, if you select at least two then it will increase it by the aforementioned percent. Use this info as you will.

OtLnas1.png

Alright, let's math it out.

Klein has 38 base attack. Death Blow puts him at 44/. Takumi has 25 defense. After an attack boost, he's at 48. (48 - 25) * 2 = 46. Dead Takumi.

vs Hector, he deals (48 - 37) * 4 = 44. Hector's alive. BUT, his skill will always proc against Hector due to Distant Counter. So it's actually (11 + 11 + 11 + 30) Dead Hector.

I emphatically disagree that his kit doesn't mesh with his stats. Death Blow is a top tier skill for ranged units, and Quick Riposte gives him a strong enemy phase. He has literally everything he needs to succeed.

Those skills are the go-to skills for support, though. There isn't much out there that matches it outside of Dancing and Defense buffs. Healers are underpowered.

I really don't want to make this into a back and forth but as I mentioned before, his special is being used. Idk.

PK Gaming

I really don't want to make this into a back and forth but as I mentioned before, his special is being used. Idk.

I don't either, but i'd just like to break down how his special works:

It starts at (4). Klein attacks Hector once (3), then he attacks again (2), Hector counterattacks (1), Klein attacks again (★) and then he attacks one last time, activating his special.

Basically, when fighting Hector, he will always activate his special.

Madn

Herpes are never good.

=P

That typo was unfortunate :p

Current rotation has 2 healers in Focus and one blue Dragon/Dancer that is very good, but according to some here still worse then your other dancer or blue options. So wait unless you have no alternatives there currently, since not that great odds to get the great unit here.

If you are looking for a specific unit, you might want to wait for the next Voting Gauntlet, but the last one could have been an exception unfortunately. The last Voting Gauntlet banners had only 3 characters in Focus, which gives the highest probability for a specific 5* = 1%. If you wanted Ephraim, Leo or Lucina, that was a great banner!
The other banners have at least 4 units in Focus, the new unit banners now have even more.

Edit: Your typo is a thing of beauty.

Ninian is a dancer and Dance is already a top-tier skill. She gets the ability to warp on top of that for easier positioning when below 50% HP and can buff dragons for a massive +6 Def/Res. Basically a must-get if you have Tiki and Nowi.

Karel got Reprisal (30% of suffered damage added as damage, 2-action cooldown), which combines well with his bulk and the rest of his kit including Defiant Attack and the new Wo Dao weapon (+10 damage on special activation). He won't be the next Lucina, but at least at first glance he's got a surprisingly good matchup against lancers and can definitely win against other swordsmen.

The rest are eh. Jaffar's way too fragile without anything to show for it. I think I'd prefer Setsuna over Rebecca. Lucius and Priscilla are healers which are the most unloved class for various reasons.

Thanks for the detailed explanation, I think I'll keep my orbs as I already have Olivia as a dancer and I'm fine with her for the moment

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
What would be the new banner tomorrow? Anyone knows? I'm itching to pull.

I don't think there's a new banner tomorrow considering this one just released. I think the next scheduled one will be the one with Minerva that was datamined, and that should be a couple days before 3/24 when the next Grand Hero Battle is.

Draxal

I don't think there's a new banner tomorrow considering this one just released. I think the next scheduled one will be the one with Minerva that was datamined, and that should be a couple days before 3/24 when the next Grand Hero Battle is.

It also depends if we have a surprise event like the voting battle again.

Sushen

Hmm a bit disappointing then. I'll be stockpiling my orbs instead, although I'm not too excited for Minerva. Any othe units rumored in the batch?

I thought they usually run two banners at the same time mostly.

Griss

I think you'd get 35? The 20 orbs for the Lucina Massacre, and then the 15 base orbs for starting. Don't remember if there are other orbs, but you should be able to easliy make 40 orbs. You'll have the para/xenologues too.

EDIT, you'll have 40 with the 5 free orbs. Also, consider heavily if you want top upgrade you castle all the way. 18 orbs for last 40% EXP boost isn't always a good idea...

Yeah, I can confirm that you start with 48 orbs at the moment. I've started rerolling. That's enough for 11 summons per reroll.

I've done 4 full rerolls now, so with my original 40 pulls and the new 44, that's 88 without a 5 star. Starting to get frustrating but I'll press on.

Draxal

Hmm a bit disappointing then. I'll be stockpiling my orbs instead, although I'm not too excited for Minerva. Any othe units rumored in the batch?

I thought they usually run two banners at the same time mostly.

They haven't for the most part.

Voting and launch banners were the exception really.

Griss

After 88 pulls, no 5 stars... 5 star Effie and Karel in a row. No idea if they're any good (and they're not favourites of mine) but that's enough for me.

Let's get back to actually playing the game!

alcheim

I have a 5* Corrin(F), however mine is +def/ - res so I don't know if your results will be the same as mine. My Corrin can take takumi hits easy, they do about 7-9 damage. Robin does about half damage to her, but yours would probably be better off since it has neutral res.

Thanks! I really needed a single unit that can bait those 2 into range, and fem Corrin seems to fit nicely

Sushen

After 88 pulls, no 5 stars... 5 star Effie and Karel in a row. No idea if they're any good (and they're not favourites of mine) but that's enough for me.

What playing? I thought pulling is the game and the other part is intermission.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

Effie is a really good knight. Karel is the swordsman from the new banners, right? He's supposed to be decent, kind of like Lyn.

Leveling up for the Lunatic mission? I'm doing the same. Still going to be hard. I have a 5* Effie, but I'll need Draug to pull weight as a three star with Hector, and he isn't even close to tough enough as of level 30. Because of the particular map setup you can't really have any weak links or they'll get killed by something quickly. Not sure if Draug has it in him, but I'm definitely not spending the feathers to upgrade him. Effie can take on everybody else, but killing Hector and keeping anybody else dying are my main issues.

Running Effie, four star Gwendolyn and Sheena, and Draug. All but Effie are around 30 right now, though.

lt519

Lost for the first time in the arena in 4 seasons. Effie, Ryoma, Olivia and a damn 4* Nino. I got in a really awkward position where Ryoma was keeping my mages at a point where I'd have to trade but I didn't want to so I cornered myself and then Nino/Olivia snuck in and took out Robin and then I was toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom