• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so it looks like you can't inherit skills that the unit doesn't meet the requirements for. Does this mean that for example you'd need to sacrifice 3 Effies to get Hector to learn Wary Fighter 3 or would Wary Fighter 1 open up 2 and 3 without further inheriting?

Cerium

I need to get Vantage on Lyn.

Wait I need to get all the buffs onto Nino. Who's got that shit that stacks with the other attack buffs?!

Shouta

Skill inheritance is really good. Gives the game something really meaty to do and gives a reason to keep the lower star units as well.

Now to figure out how I want to customize my 5 stars and my favorite ones. Gonna buff up Lyn and Eldigan for sure.

DooD1234

Death Blow skills with every character in arena is definitely going to be a thing in arena now isn't it? I don't even know what bullshit skill combination I might face in arena now lol.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, so it looks like you can't inherit skills that the unit doesn't meet the requirements for. Does this mean that for example you'd need to sacrifice 3 Effies to get Hector to learn Wary Fighter 3 or would Wary Fighter 1 open up 2 and 3 without further inheriting?

You can transfer Wary Fighter 1, 2, and 3 in one go.

Cerium

Skill inheritance is really good. Gives the game something really meaty to do and gives a reason to keep the lower star units as well.

Now to figure out how I want to customize my 5 stars and my favorite ones. Gonna buff up Lyn and Eldigan for sure.

God I don't think I have time to keep up and remain competitive while also saving Hyrule.

Saturday

First wombo combo unit. Lyn + Vantage + Desperation. Let the stupid begin.

Also vantage Takumi.

I need more vantage.

Also this means meta is completely wrecked.

Cerium

This is the point where the whales will start to clearly separate themselves from the pack.

Not looking forward to the Arena fuckery that will ensue.

Articalys

This is the point where the whales will start to clearly separate themselves from the pack.

Not looking forward to the Arena fuckery that will ensue.
Yep, there goes any chance I ever had of accomplishing anything in PvP ever again.

Time to kiss those 6,000 monthly feathers goodbye.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wait you can inherit weapons?!
Yes, but it has to be from the same weapon type, and you can't move Unique Weapons. Best use is likely to move Brave weapons and Armor Slayers.

The one thing to note is that all Dragon's are considered to have the same weapon class, no matter their color.

ggx2ac

C7Bftc2VAAABSlx.jpg

This is what I've done for now. I can get Wings of Mercy level 3, I just need 80 more SP.

The only reason I didn't pick Deathblow or Life and Death is because the arena changes haven't happened yet.

I couldn't get Drag Back like what I wanted, so I wasn't sure whether Wings of Mercy would be better compared to Desperation or Vantage for Nino.

Spoit

Lol I'm definitely going to start aiming lower to avoid whales. Hopefully lower ranks won't be as bad.

Eh, theoretically months from now the whales will have shot off like a rocket, and we might be able to avoid them roflstomping us too much.

It will certainly make trying to farm easy lvl 1 team wins a lot harder though

ggx2ac

Oh bullshit. I was going to give my Dragon character Svalinn shield but it wouldn't let me due to movement type. So it's restricted to Armoured units. Have to wait for the infantry version.

chrono01

I'm really not sure I like the inheritance feature. It benefits whales too much and causes the characters to lose a lot of their individuality (some exceptions apply).

Normally, I wouldn't really care and wait to focus on Arena until everything balances out (if it does). Unfortunately, they tied the daily free orbs to clearing the Arena, so if I just do the single-player content I'll be missing out on those. :/

champloo

Oh bullshit. I was going to give my Dragon character Svalinn shield but it wouldn't let me due to movement type. So it's restricted to Armoured units. Have to wait for the infantry version.

Those skills have different version for different movement types. Iote for fliers, Svalinn for Armor, and Grani for Cavs. Good luck waiting for a infantry protecting shield lol

Spoit

I'm really not sure I like the inheritance feature. It benefits whales too much and causes the characters to lose a lot of their individuality (some exceptions apply).

Normally, I wouldn't really care and wait to focus on Arena until everything balances out (if it does). Unfortunately, they tied the daily free orbs to clearing the Arena, so if I just do the single-player content I'll be missing out on those. :/

Nah, the orb is from killing 20 people a day. It's not linked to the arena itself, even though it's listed under that catagory

chrono01

Nah, the orb is from killing 20 people a day. It's not linked to the arena itself, even though it's listed under that catagory
Oh, that's really confusing. Why list it under Arena then? Thanks for the clarification!

I still really hate the inherit system, though. Right now, it's basically grab the character you have with the highest stats, fuse all of the other characters wit useful abilities into them, and you're set. No need/want to go after specific ones, outside of those with unique weapons, unless you want that particular sprite. All characters feel like every other character. In a game like Fire Emblem, where each one is supposed to have a bit of variation to them, it's slightly disappointing.

Honestly, I thought it was a bad idea when I first heard of it, but I thought they would have more restrictions to it then there are.

What they should have done is used equipment (weapons?) you could farm from certain events/maps, and have abilities tied to those. Equip them to your character to alter their skill-set, but they still retain what it is that makes them unique.

DooD1234

So how likely is this skill inheritance is going to make high tier characters like Lucina, Linde, Hector, and other high stat character basically the only viable characters to roll for? It would be ashamed if all the new characters are basically fodder for Lucina and such.

Trunx28

I can already see the questions incoming these days: What do you think, should I sacrifirce Cherche to give Nino Attack +3? Or Lilina with Attack +2? Or what? Damn, this is giving us endless possibilities ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom