• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggx2ac

Not even Julia/Nino can ORKO Effie though due to Wary Fighter. That's the crux of my my argument; no ranged unit can match Klein's ability to ORKO units. That's why he's appealing. Example

Actually, my Nino can if Effie has 50 health (neutral) and is level 40.

It's just due to having Eirika and F Corrins buffs plus being level 40+2

Although I get that is with different conditions. I like Klein though since he's a mage killer and Glacies is good for adding extra damage.

Not even Julia/Nino can ORKO Julia though due to Wary Fighter. That's the crux of my my argument; no ranged unit can match Klein's ability to ORKO units. That's why he's appealing. Example

Yeesh

I'm finding Takumi pretty mediocre at this point. What did people think was so good about him before? Close Counter is nice as well as his fast charging ability but he's too slow to double a big chunk of the top tiers and useless against armor

kswiston

Yeesh

I'm finding Takumi pretty mediocre at this point. What did people think was so good about him before? Close Counter is nice as well as his fast charging ability but he's too slow to double a big chunk of the top tiers and useless against armor

I think that he is better on defense than offense. I dropped him from my arena teams, as I was getting more utility out of my 4-star Kagero. That might change with skill inheritance.

kewlmyc

Yeesh

If you don't have an answer for him, then he can easily take down at least one of your units in Arena on defense.

He's like Bastion (before the recent buff) in Overwatch. After you've played the game for a while and have a good assortment of heroes to work with, he isn't a problem. However, he is a big "newbie" killer.

Also, thanks for all the info, PK. Makes me wish I had a Klein. Seems he would work really well with a dancer/healer.

Cerium

Yeesh

I'm building a Nino based team and I'm considering swapping out Takumi for Young Tiki to pair with my Ninian.

Long term, I'm entertaining the thought of building an All Dragon team around Ninian.

champloo

I don't either, but i'd just like to break down how his special works:

It starts at (4). Klein attacks Hector once (3), then he attacks again (2), Hector counterattacks (1), Klein attacks again (★) and then he attacks one last time, activating his special.

Basically, when fighting Hector, he will always activate his special.

Wait, but Klein doesn't have the speed to quadruple Hector? I've been sticking my Hector into any archer's range and watch them melt without thinking about it. maybe it's because my Hector has +spd..

If you don't have an answer for him, then he can easily take down at least one of your units in Arena on defense.

He's like Bastion (before the recent buff) in Overwatch. After you've played the game for a while and have a good assortment of heroes to work with, he isn't a problem. However, he is a big "newbie" killer.

Ah. Too many Robins running around at the moment though. Plus Takumi gets trashed by fast mages with his terrible res and low speed (too low to KO). My team really needs a solid green to round it out. If I had one he'd be out.

Wait, but Klein doesn't have the speed to quadruple Hector? I've been sticking my Hector into any archer's range and watch them melt without thinking about it. maybe it's because my Hector has +spd..

It isn't a quadruple. After he gets countered by Hector, quick riposte activates and by that point his special is up.

champloo

Ah. Too many Robins running around at the moment though. Plus Takumi gets trashed by fast mages with his terrible res and low speed (too low to KO). My team really needs a solid green to round it out. If I had one he'd be out.

It isn't a quadruple. After he gets countered by Hector, quick riposte activates and by that point his special is up.

Quick Riposte only works when counter attacking though..

maybe he is testing with a speed buff on Klein. tbh that's a lot of set up for a match up that may not work out every time. I still think Klein is a great unit though. I would want him better than the Taco.

PK Gaming

You need a Hone Speed buff to quadruple Hector, yeah. You can't quad +Speed Hector (which is why +Speed Hector is so goddamn valuable)

EDIT: It's not much set up if you're using Eirika ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

champloo

You need a Hone Speed buff to quadruple Hector, yeah. You can't quad +Speed Hector (which is why +Speed Hector is so goddamn valuable)

EDIT: It's not much set up if you're using Eirika ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Fair enough.. but at that point you could just use Eirika to do the job :p

If one single speed buff is considered a lot of set up, I don't know what isn't.

A speed buff and an attack buff, also need to make sure Klein is at near full health.

Cerium

What's the team looks like?

Look at Nino's weapon.

If you pair her with a character that can give her buffs, she does ridiculous absurd damage.

I'm using Eirika as my Nino buffer, but Sharena works well too.

I then place my Ninian alongside her to give Nino two attacks a turn via dance. That should mean that you're wiping out two units really easily.

I'm debating what to do about my last slot. I could use Young Tiki to benefit from Ninian's Fortify Dragons, or I could throw in Cordelia as a counter to the Falchion trio. Or I could keep Takumi. Undecided.

Zafir

I've been tempted to upgrade one of my Ninos to 5* despite them being mediocre IV's(+RES -HP, +HP -RES) since I could make a pretty good team with her.

But man, feathers are just so rare. It just puts me off even bothering since I just know if I did, I'd get a better IV Nino next roll lol.

Waiting anyway though, maybe tomorrow changes the meta a lot.

Ninferno

Can't believe I only found out about this just now:

One of the reasons why dancers are considered hard to level up is the fact that you can't dance to a dancer. However, if a dancer unequips her dance skill, she's NOT considered a "dancer" anymore and she can now be danced to! How could I not know this earlier? I want my time painfully leveling up Olivia back...

Anyway, just want to share this overly-overlooked fact and hopefully this could make someone's life a bit easier. I'm talking to you, lucky bastards who just managed to get Ninian but are having trouble leveling up.

OceanBlue

Depends. They fill different niches.

Nino requires a team built around her, but if you have such a team, she's an incredible murder machine.

I'm building one right now myself.

I don't even think Nino needs a team built around her because she does a good job of dealing with Effie, Nowi, Ephraim, and Linde on her own. I've hit 4550+ the past two weeks using Eldigan, Catria, Nowi, and Nino. If I wanted to buff her (and wanted the higher BST) I could switch Catria with Sharena, but I don't think I've needed it.

Sushen

I've been tempted to upgrade one of my Ninos to 5* despite them being mediocre IV's(+RES -HP, +HP -RES) since I could make a pretty good team with her.

But man, feathers are just so rare. It just puts me off even bothering since I just know if I did, I'd get a better IV Nino next roll lol.

Waiting anyway though, maybe tomorrow changes the meta a lot.
What's good IV for Nino?

The last missions at the training tower are so stupid like "win the 10th last stage of thé training tower with only armored unit without anyone dying for... 15 Times ????"

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, new system seems simple enough. Going to give my boy Roy Moonbow from an Extra Oden. Also just going to toss Spur Def 2 on him. Yolo and all.

Which skills are actually considered unique?

ggx2ac

Holy fuck Inheritance is nearly limitless

The choices

THE CHOICES

The disappointing thing is you need skills on each level. You cannot get the maximum level skill from the beginning and, that means you may need to make certain characters 5* to inherit max level skills.

Is there a a requirement for inheritance? I put Anna and Barst like the example but it doesn't let me go to next

Because you didn't unfavourite the character. (The heart on the character portrait.)

Ninferno

Skill inheritance's in too. Looks like we are given most of the freedom. Beside Hone/Fortify/Goad/Ward [specific movement types] kinds of skills, it looks like you can inherit any passive skills on anybody. Assistant skill has also no constraints. And skill don't even have to be learned by the source character; you need to have the skill in the list though so stars of the source characters do still matter. Non-legendary weapons can also be inherited, but only with the same type, which is perfectly fine and expected.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
One dumb thing to point out, you can make use of inheritance to give a 1 star unit a 5 star unit's weapon. I have no clue if that is ever useful, but its a thing.

Edit: Never mind, it seems you can't do that.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
There is no color restriction on the Dragon "Weapons".

Can anyone think of a PvP special for Roy that would be better than Moonbow?

Acerac

Banned
I just attempted to give a skill to a unit but it didn't receive the skill and the unit on the giving end just disappeared. This is... troubling.

*edit*

lol I got it. ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom