• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Wasn't paying attention and learned the wrong skills with Lucina, now I have to grind for SP to get Desperation, bleh.

Cool feature, I don't think it will be as crazy as some people. Sure, people who drop thousands on this game will have crazy teams, but they would have anyway.

Donnel does.
Nice, thanks! I think he also has that useful drag back skill too.

I have like three Donnels because blue pulls regularly tell me to go to hell.

And like six Subakis.

Kitoro

So, I pulled a Hector last night, and this changes everything for me...

My current team is Lucina, Robin M, Camilla, and Kagero.

I want to form a new team around Hector, and I have Effie as well. On one hand, I'm tempted to wipe out Effie and pass Hector the ability to not be able to negate follow-up attacks above 50% HP, but then a part of me wants to level them both up, and make a 3x Armor Unit Team along with Draug and his other Armor Unit buff, and throw in Kagero for heals (I gave her a heal adjacent units on attack ability) and ranged/infantry protection. Or should I keep Lucina in place and give Draug the boot, passing his armor buff to Effie for Hector to enjoy?

Any tips on utilizing Hector as best as possible would be much appreciated!

redcrayon

Which units have a Brave Lance? I know that Hinoka has one, but I don't want to lose her if possible.

Also, upgrading people to 5* to give their skill to someone sounds like a huge drain on feathers. :(
Just flicking through the units I have, Cordelia, Abel, Donnel.

ccbfan

What are some good 4 star skills?

As a non-whale, there's no way I'm wasting a 5 * character on skill inherit (I only have 4 5*s)

Pejo

Man, after reading up on skill inheritance, I'm kinda bummed out on this game. Arena is going to be a shitshow with tons of overpowered units. I already don't like Arena, but it sounds like it's going to be a pain to even get 7 win streaks now. I think this might be the time for me to step back and just log in for dailies.

IMO they made inheritance way too powerful.

J-Tier

So, I pulled a Hector last night, and this changes everything for me...

My current team is Lucina, Robin M, Camilla, and Kagero.

I want to form a new team around Hector, and I have Effie as well. On one hand, I'm tempted to wipe out Effie and pass Hector the ability to not be able to negate follow-up attacks above 50% HP, but then a part of me wants to level them both up, and make a 3x Armor Unit Team along with Draug and his other Armor Unit buff, and throw in Kagero for heals (I gave her a heal adjacent units on attack ability) and ranged/infantry protection. Or should I keep Lucina in place and give Draug the boot, passing his armor buff to Effie for Hector to enjoy?

Any tips on utilizing Hector as best as possible would be much appreciated!
I personally think you should keep Effie. I'd work towards getting Hector a movement skill that'll give him more mobility.

Edit: Makes me wonder if Effie would be good with Brave Lance too.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Man, after reading up on skill inheritance, I'm kinda bummed out on this game. Arena is going to be a shitshow with tons of overpowered units. I already don't like Arena, but it sounds like it's going to be a pain to even get 7 win streaks now. I think this might be the time for me to step back and just log in for dailies.

People keep saying this, but those overpowered people will not be in your bracket, at least that's how the latest IS update makes it seem. You should rarely be matched up with them.

Zafir

People keep saying this, but those overpowered people will not be in your bracket, at least that's how the latest IS update makes it seem. You should rarely be matched up with them.

I don't think those MM changes are live though, so they will be for the foreseeable future unless they +1-10 their units too.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I don't think those MM changes are live though, so they will be for the foreseeable future unless they +1-10 their units too.

Right, update is upcoming, true. I would also guess that most of us aren't going to be paired up with the really crazy teams anyway, since their stat totals will be a lot higher than mine (not like I'm rolling with any +1 or better characters).

Based on the notification, the four things that would affect matchmaking, and hence arena points, are essentially the same as what it is today.

TF8I68d.png

I believe the question is how the weighting will change.

Sounds like the new BST rule would benefit Brave weapon users by a total of 5? Unless I'm reading it wrong.

Also I have a -Atk/+spd Eirika who lives next to Nino who in return gives her +4 atk. Would it be better to give her Fury 3 or Death Blow 2? I realize Fury 3 would be ideal, but I also have Eldigan with Fury 3 so I'm concerned about too much loss of health. But at that speed and defense and res I guess it wouldn't matter as much?

Mupod

I personally think you should keep Effie. I'd work towards getting Hector a movement skill that'll give him more mobility.

Edit: Makes me wonder if Effie would be good with Brave Lance too.

With the change to weapons affecting point totals, equipping a Brave Lance on her won't be a problem anymore. So yeah Effie with one would be super dumb.

Still waiting on someone else to pull the trigger on the Ursula cavalry buff nonsense. I'm gonna wait and see what others do before I spend my feathers and such. For example I never thought of Triangle Adept on Robin and I'm super curious now.

Kitoro

Agreed. It should've been for same color/weapon units only, rather than blowing the ceiling completely off the realm of balance.

With the change to weapons affecting point totals, equipping a Brave Lance on her won't be a problem anymore. So yeah Effie with one would be super dumb.

Still waiting on someone else to pull the trigger on the Ursula cavalry buff nonsense. I'm gonna wait and see what others do before I spend my feathers and such. For example I never thought of Triangle Adept on Robin and I'm super curious now.

I think there are more effieciant means of accomplishing the Ursula thing. For instance Reinhardt already wrecks so many of the things she would. I'd almost rather give death blow 2 to him over investing 40,000 feathers into Ursula getting Blarblade. That's of course if you have Reinhardt, but he can be found at 4* now.

OceanBlue

I think I'm not too worried because, like others have said, the issues that I'll have are issues that almost everyone except for whales will have. If I can't get perfect runs in arena anymore (which was probably too easy to begin with tbh), I doubt everyone else will be getting perfect runs as usual anyway. This just makes it hard to prepare a strong team of meta counters.

I think skill inheritance favors us mostly. Have to remember we are going against AI and improving one shot capabilities, mobility, stats, etc will benefit the user controlled team more so. Especially if too many get crazy with Life and death, that will make them even squishier on defense.

It's getting defensive wins I'd be more worried about.

Totakeke

Sounds like the new BST rule would benefit Brave weapon users by a total of 5? Unless I'm reading it wrong.

There's nothing to read into because it's not descriptive enough.

I can say the system is exactly the same as before because the stat totals is a sum of base stat totals, equipped skills (weapons), and merge levels (+ levels), while character and star levels affect all those three.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I think skill inheritance favors us mostly. Have to remember we are going against AI and improving one shot capabilities, mobility, stats, etc will benefit the user controlled team more so. Especially if too many get crazy with Life and death, that will make them even squishier on defense.

I haven't gotten a single defensive win this season yet and I'm not sure why.

I'm still not sure what to think about it yet. On one hand, people will inevitably arrive at the same overpowered combinations, and those will be the new things that everyone will chase.

On the other hand, it gives "trash" units some much-needed use and gives us a lot more to do. It also lets people find ways to power up their favorite characters even if they are lower tier by default.

Venfayth

Yeah definitely seems like you need to get every rank of a skill from a unit, unless I'm missing something. (My Nowi has learned all these skills)

EwHcbWkl.jpg
7J8Fg7Yl.jpg
ZuVqErul.jpg

Firemind

Wait, you have to learn skills in order?

Like, you inherit life and death 1, then 2, then 3, from 3 separate units?
No you can choose three skills to inherit but 1 and 2 are prerequisite for 3.

I have four units with Darting Blow but zero with normal speed buffs lol (not counting Sharena). Wish I hadn't sent two Lon'qus home.

Bork

Neo Member
*Gives Cecilia Triangle Adept 1 (+10% triangle severity)*

Hm............

43 Atk * 1.2 vs 6 Res should be 45. However, she's dealing 49 which means...

BRB, KILLING ROY

So what you're telling me here with this sweet research and math is I should be putting Triangle Adept on M Robin for the sweet Takumi hard counter?

Venfayth

No you can choose three skills to inherit but 1 and 2 are prerequisite for 3.

I have four units with Darting Blow but zero with normal speed buffs lol (not counting Sharena). Wish I hadn't sent two Lon'qus home.

So if I inherit Lightning Breath, I will be able to learn Lightning Breath and then Lightning Breath+ ?

Another pull today that was awful, I'm now sitting on four 3* Cecilias. Worth putting any effort into?

The one good unit I got was a 4* Sheena. Is she any good?

Looks like the Sheena is a +Atk, -Res nature. That's a good start.

Draxal

Nah, ai team getting wings of Mercy is really really rough.

Gotchaye

Is giving vantage to Takumi and Hector a no brainer, or is there something I'm not considering?

I don't see anything you'd prefer on Takumi, but I'm not sure it's that great for Hector. On offense, you're expecting Hector to survive for a while. It's not a huge deal if he takes some chip damage from greens and blues while he slaughters them, and he's almost always going to get to get to counter reds anyway since they won't one-shot him. Vantage 3 and Quick Riposte 2 never both trigger, so you're not sneaking in two attacks before they kill you. On defense people are just going to blow him up with a strong red, and you shouldn't be using him on defense anyway.

Wary Fighter and Wings of Mercy look like much stronger choices, though of course to get Wary Fighter you've got to sacrifice a 4* Effie. Wings of Mercy actually makes him somewhat threatening on defense.

Totakeke

The biggest gap pre and post skill inheritance are simply transfers of 5* weapon skills. Getting Hector Wings of Mercy (4* Cain) or Takumi Vantage (4* Lon'qu) isn't really that difficult and a lot of players who have those characters should be able to do it relatively easily.

Giving someone who has a terribly mismatched stat distribution and weapon like Caeda, armorslayer, low attack, really high speed and darting blow, something more adequate like Brave Lance+, would either require 20k feathers or sacrificing a 5* and that's much harder for F2P players.

Well, Caeda probably still sucks even if you give her a Brave Lance+.

Nah, ai team getting wings of Mercy is really really rough.

Yeah that makes movement very unpredictable for sure. Still, that requires a unit to get damaged below a certain threshold and not finished, so adjust plans accordingly.

Also if triangle adept on Robin and Cecilia affects colorless I'd wait to see if that is a feature or a bug.

scy

43 Atk * 1.2 vs 6 Res should be 45. However, she's dealing 49 which means...

BRB, KILLING ROY

I was going to comment that someone gets Triangle Adept Rank 3 at 4* so you don't need to kill Roy!

Then I remembered it was Roy.

...RIP ROY

The biggest gap pre and post skill inheritance are simply transfers of 5* weapon skills.

I keep debating upgrading an Odin for the sole purpose of getting Blarblade+ onto Linde. 20k feathers! But Linde! It's DIY Nino that I was willing to upgrade if I pulled a 4*! etc.

Draxal

The biggest gap pre and post skill inheritance are simply transfers of 5* weapon skills. Getting Hector Wings of Mercy (4* Cain) or Takumi Vantage (4* Lon'qu) isn't really that difficult and a lot of players who have those character should be able to do it relatively easily.

Giving someone who has a terribly mismatched stat distribution and weapon like Caeda, armorslayer, low attack, really high speed and darting blow, something more adequate like Brave Lance+, would either require 20k feathers or sacrificing a 5* and that's much harder for F2P players.

Well, Caeda probably still sucks even if you give her a Brave Lance+.

They made Caeda a swordie. And somebody like Cherche just became great.

FeD.nL

I don't see anything you'd prefer on Takumi, but I'm not sure it's that great for Hector. On offense, you're expecting Hector to survive for a while. It's not a huge deal if he takes some chip damage from greens and blues while he slaughters them, and he's almost always going to get to get to counter reds anyway since they won't one-shot him. Vantage 3 and Quick Riposte 2 never both trigger, so you're not sneaking in two attacks before they kill you. On defense people are just going to blow him up with a strong red, and you shouldn't be using him on defense anyway.

Wary Fighter and Wings of Mercy look like much stronger choices, though of course to get Wary Fighter you've got to sacrifice a 4* Effie. Wings of Mercy actually makes him somewhat threatening on defense.

Was looking at Wary Fighter for Hector but I think it will mess up Armads. Wonder if renewal is worth it.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I've never seen Quick Riposte being used. How does it actually work?

Also, what seems to be the meta for Lucina? Vantage?

Mupod

Turns out Shanna gets desperation 3 at 4* and I had a 3* one hiding under the couch cushions. All the pegasus riders blur together for me...but this could be useful. May give that to Robin or Lucina instead of Vantage.

Triangle Adept working on Robin is lol. I'll perhaps settle for the 15% version I suppose, that'd be more than enough to smite Takumis. Need to be sure that's enough to handle Kagero before I pull the trigger.

I have a 4* Cain dupe with shit stats so I have a Wings of Mercy ready to go for someone. The question is who. It'd be fun on a dancer if that's allowed, I have no Hector or any usable armor unit really. I wonder if the AI would crap its pants if it had to use a dancer with that ability.

But yeah on that subject I may just give up on Ninian and turn Olivia into something fearsome. Fury, Wings of Mercy, maybe Rally Speed instead of Attack. A 5* promote and re-leveling would give her the SP she needs. Mine's +atk -def, which I think is preferable to neutral. Leveling her again will suck but that's why I got all these crystals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom