• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTJAAAAM

Haven't been able to continue all morning due to the 803-3001 error. Had to wipe data and re-download my save from My Nintendo to fix it.

Isn't this supposed to be out today? Checked the playstore and saw nothing. NA.

It'd be great if people could, at the very least, skim the current page of the thread before asking a question that's taken up half the page.

Calling it now, NA isn't officially getting it until the 3rd.

Why jump to that conclusion instead of in an hour or two? It was explicitly announced for the 2nd. It's only 9AM, Mario Run wasn't released until around this time.

If I'm not able to download it at all today, I will just make a UK iOS account or something and download it.

Just like how people were able to download Hearthstone at that time lol.

The iOS App Store usually updates after 10am pst.

I wouldn't freak out yet. Miitomo and Mario Run both weren't up by this point in the day. If this follows Mario Run's time, it should be up in 15-45 minutes.

I thought the app store updated after 9am pst.

Mario Run wasn't up until 10am for me.

woopWOOP

Screenshot_2017_02_02_18_19_36.png
That's more like it
No 5*, but I probably won't be really needing those for a long while anyway.
I could do without the double Corrin tho, lol

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
This game has one of the most crippling energy systems in any mobile game I've ever played. At Chapter 7, I'm basically averaging 20 minutes of playtime from 50 energy, and about 5 minutes daily out of the 3 PvP sword allotment.

That's roughly an hour or two of playtime a day, at this rate.

You expect to play more than 1 hour a day a game on a f2p game ? Erm okay.

Quonny

Oh, I've played FFBE daily since launch, and if I go lightly, I end up with 200+ stockpiled energy. Also, that has account leveling that refills energy to max, making it virtually impossible to run out of energy for a long time.

I've played hundreds of gacha games, and this energy system represents a whole new low in my book.
I don't mean to say you're wrong, but you run out of energy in 2-3 minutes in the 20-40 range. Six event fights that take 30 seconds each and you're done, plus you're wasting 30+ energy every night you go to sleep. You can play 2-3 days in that rank 20-40 range and not get a rank up.

I'm at this point right now in the game, and it's way worse.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You say that, but I can realistically play Kingdom Hearts Unchained, Brave Frontier, Sword Art Online, and many others for hours at a time (even infinitely in some cases) and still not run out allowable content.

And there are hundreds of others where you can't. Nintendo decided to join this group. As I said in the SAO thread, I don't think unlimited stamina is good in these games.

Man I worked my way back to 20 orbs again, and what do I get? Complete ass and THREE fucking repeats. I swear the RNG is built to make you want to buy goddamn orbs, but I'm not giving in.
L M A O
M
A
O
You say that, but I can realistically play Kingdom Hearts Unchained, Brave Frontier, Sword Art Online, and many others for hours at a time (even infinitely in some cases) and still not run out allowable content.
Unchained is also padded to hell and back.

Cruxist

Man I worked my way back to 20 orbs again, and what do I get? Complete ass and THREE fucking repeats. I swear the RNG is built to make you want to buy goddamn orbs, but I'm not giving in.

Also, what do the feathers do? I sent home a few units so now I have some feathers, but dunno what to use them for

Welcome to the Gacha, son!

haendeul

I haven't played that many gatcha games, and don't know a lot about how much content you can consume during a day, but I have to say that the few battles I've played in FE now have been a lot more enjoyable than anything else I've tried in the genre.

Golnei

The game cutting out music playing in other apps even in silent mode is awful, have I missed a setting which allows it to be changed?

Akuosa

I think it's the fact that you don't have an account level here to give you extra refills when leveling up. It's usually impossible to run out of stamina in this kind of games at the beginning because of that, but here you actually do and it feels weird, but the rate it's pretty normal, plays just like any other game when you're out of the first levels.

Hubb

I'm pretty sure that Tharja doesn't exist in my game. ;__;

I had to give up on her because I had such a good roll and I was tired of rerolling. One day I'll get her.

That being said, all I am getting now is "error, error, error"

Nachos

The game cutting out music playing in other apps even in silent mode is awful, have I missed a setting which allows it to be changed?
If you're on Android and have a music player that has its own controls in the notification area, pause it in the notification area (not the app itself), and then hit the play button while you're in-game. Works for me, at least.

nubbe

Haven't started to play this yet as I will wait for US iOS to release it but you're saying the starting stamina is the max you get? That is interesting...
It forces people to take a break, unless they wanna spend money.

Thankfully you can spend Nintendo points to buy stamina.

Syntsui

Ahh. Lucina is pretty rare though being a 5* base. Are you going to reroll anyway?

Already did. I need at least two good units,don't even need to be 5* base.

It's unfortunate that this roll was so bad, because I absolutely adore Lucina.

It forces people to take a break, unless they wanna spend money.

Thankfully you can spend Nintendo points to buy stamina.

Oh, I am more than okay with it because it would give me more time with FFBE so I actually like the mechanic. I just haven't seen that before to my knowledge.

kswiston

50 stamina is generous for beginners, but it's going to get old fast if you can't upgrade it down the road.

I assume you get orbs for clearing the higher difficulty levels for the first time. If so, that's a pretty generous amount of free currency from regular quests. 200 units before you need to spend stones to upgrade is extremely generous. Most games give you around 20.

Hellraider

So I reach 89% on the download, says communication error, pick retry and then it gets stuck there showing that it's downloading but no progress is happening. Any ideas?

Sophia

I can't even connect now on my Android tablet. It just gives me "A communication error has occurred." with the support code of 803-3001. : \

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom