• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinsei

Banned
If anyone on Android is waiting, you can just download the APK. It works in North America. There are links in this thread if you use the search function.

I would, but I'm worried it might mess up the My Nintendo stuff if they figure out you're using an APK.

Is it going to be possible for me to download this through qooApp on Bluestacks, create a new account with no ID linked and then later on download it from iOS and link my ID through there?

Lanrutcon

JuPAP3G.png

8yNJsmJ.png

Pejo

What determines when you can use the field skills? I have used Tiki's field AoE skill twice, but I'm not seeing what makes it trigger to be usable.

nacimento

Can you increase your unit's stars somehow or is a 2-star damned to be 2-star forever? I don't want to use Takumi just because he's a fiver...

Shun

I'm just happy that my because I put Leon and Tiki in the OT, they ended up being the two best characters to draw for at the moment.

And I'm happy I got both.

The actual gameplay, does it feel fun and satisfying, and true to FE? or does it feel dumbed-down? I'm guessing the former, as I'm mostly seeing really positive opinions.

Lanrutcon

The actual combat, does it feel fun and satisfying, and true to FE? or does it feel dumbed-down? I'm guessing the former, as I'm mostly seeing really positive opinions.

You smack things and get smacked. The weapon triangle is all there.

Battlefields are far smaller, and engagements (so far) are quick and brutal.

Moonlight

Banned
I'm just happy that my because I put Leon and Tiki in the OT, they ended up being the two best characters to draw for at the moment.

And I'm happy I got both.
Find it hilarious how his character bio ('here to save us all') turned out pretty accurate to the game. :lol

kswiston

I would, but I'm worried it might mess up the My Nintendo stuff if they figure out you're using an APK.

Why would they care? It's the exact same installer that everyone else is using, and local currency microtransactions are already up and running.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Can you increase your unit's stars somehow or is a 2-star damned to be 2-star forever? I don't want to use Takumi just because he's a fiver...

If its like other Gacha games, you gotta get your unit to max level, than you can rank it up to the next star, but it resets it back to level 1.

Addi

I'm wondering about a couple of things. I haven't played much Fire emblem and the app doens't seem good at explaining everything in detail.

- I understand the colour triangle (Red > Green > Blue > Red), but what about grey? Are they sort of neutral?
- Other than the the colour triangle, there seem to be other strength and weaknesses. What are those? I see the bows are struggling against armours for example (even though the archer is the stronger colour).
- Does the terrain matter? Is a certain type weaker when standing in a tree?
- Why do some characters suddenly have x2 attacks?

Elwood is voiced by Takahiro Sakurai.

Oh wow, that's an interesting choice. Never would've pictured that one since he usually ends up voicing edgier or more asshole-ey characters. His voice definitely does sound younger than Jun Fukuyama's.

Edit: LMAO of couuuurse he's Yrui Lowenthall in english. Curios to know how many characters he voices in Heroes considering he was Marth in the Fates and CODENAME Steam dub.

After a few re-rolls I got a 4 star Tharja and 3 other characters I don't like, is it worth sticking with this or should I re-roll until I get at least 2 characters that I do like?

Caim

After a few re-rolls I got a 4 star Tharja and 3 other characters I don't like, is it worth sticking with this or should I re-roll until I get at least 2 characters that I do like?

Yeah tbh even if its just 1 5* (assuming its a character you like) I'd go with it.

Chopper

If I delete this and reinstall (I think I fancy rerolling) will I be able to reclaim the free orbs from My Nintendo, or is that a one time only deal?

L~A

Can I play this on an iPad Air 1? I'm pissed it doesn't run on my 1GB Android phone...

Have you tried running it on your Android phone? Because 2GB is what's recommended, not required. Runs fine on my old Galaxy Note 1 with only 1GB of RAM.

Totakeke

The gameplay is good. There's a distinct binary attack range where you can either attack at 1 range or only at 2 range being a bit weird, and also that the there's mainly two movement ranges, 2 or 3, making characters that can move 3 way more versatile, but otherwise I don't see any problems with it. I don't think there's any terrain battle modifiers too so that also simplifies things a lot.

It won't be as well balanced compared to a traditional FE game because your team strength is mainly determined by how many overpowered characters you gacha'ed. So difficulty seems fairly arbitrary for the most part, perhaps until the lunatic or late game maps you have to grind.

Edit: Perhaps the main gameplay would be getting a fairly big roster of 5* characters that you can switch around to specifically tackle maps with particular enemies near the end. Lots of specific unit counters like armorslayers maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom