• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
The training tower is such a troll. I bring in Fir, Florina, Tiki and Azama in case things go bad. End up against 3 armoured units which Fir and Florina can't damage (maybe if I get more SP I can at least get the heavy spear for Florina).

Don't think I'm going to quite get the stats needed to do the harder daily for the better version of Sofia. Especially as I think it has the same no deaths win condition as the normal one.

Cess007

My reroll experience so far

6iCTuX3.gif

lmao

Personally, I just went with my first draw

Make sure you also switch to being an Ouya only gamer to remove all temptations to support anything Nintendo related ever again.

I'm going to join a Buddhist monastery and take a vow of silence after giving away all of my worldly possessions. All in protest of Nintendo's draconian policy of releasing the game later than I like.

I hope this comes out soon in NA. After how bad my day has been, I really need a distraction.

How "spoilery" is this game? I've only played awakening and want to get into the rest of the series. Based off of screenshots and previews, it seems pretty vague thus far and just gives a light introduction to the characters, which I'm fine with.

TheDanimal

I'm going to join a Buddhist monastery and take a vow of silence after giving away all of my worldly possessions. All in protest of Nintendo's draconian policy of releasing the game later than I like.

If this game doesn't come out within the next 123 seconds I'm going to sell my soul to Konami in hopes of destroying Nintendo's reputation. Nintendo will be forced to release only pachinko games because Fire Emblem heroes hasn't released in NA yet.
Your move, NoA.

Kouriozan

If you already linked it but tried rerolling without deleting data like that, can I relink or do I need to login first and then unlink?

If you don't like your linked account then you should unlink it, yes. Then you'll be able to link it to a better roll.

Nakho

Have you tried running it on your Android phone? Because 2GB is what's recommended, not required. Runs fine on my old Galaxy Note 1 with only 1GB of RAM.

No, I haven't... You gave me some hope now, after some people told me it chugged way too much with 1GB of RAM. I suppose it also depends on the processor... Anyway, thanks!

Chopper

Can someone talk me through the rerolling process?

Also...
If I delete this and reinstall (I think I fancy rerolling) will I be able to reclaim the free orbs from My Nintendo, or is that a one time only deal?

Squire

Banned
Please explain how automating an update to happen at a set time would be that much harder than making an alarm clock go off correctly

I'm not gonna do that because I don't work for Nintendo or Apple, nor have I ever managed the launch or maintenance of a game be it mobile or otherwise.

You presume too much. I know better.

Caim

I hope this comes out soon in NA. After how bad my day has been, I really need a distraction.

How "spoilery" is this game? I've only played awakening and want to get into the rest of the series. Based off of screenshots and previews, it seems pretty vague thus far and just gives a light introduction to the characters, which I'm fine with.

That's pretty much how it is, it doesn't really delve into each game's story.

Seik

Banned
Can I basically do my first roll without linking my MyNintendo account?

That would pretty much be my first re-roll experience, I played FFBE, but I just dealt with my first roll, which was shitty. :lol

Kouriozan

Trying to level up story heroes but they start showing weakness at Chapter 6+, this is going to be hard, I will have to go to the training tower.

I'm not gonna do that because I don't work for Nintendo or Apple, nor have I ever managed the launch or maintenance of a game be it mobile or otherwise.

You presume too much. I know better.
I have enough understanding of how code works to know automating a store update should be super easy

Please explain how automating an update to happen at a set time would be that much harder than making an alarm clock go off correctly

Please explain how it isn't. I know how to set an alarm clock because I'm an almost-30 year old man who grew up in a first world country. However, I don't have a degree in computer science. My explanation for why it's harder amounts to "aw you know, computers and shit!"

Since you seem to have some advanced programming knowledge, do enlighten us on why the two are so similar.

Squire

Banned
I have enough understanding of how code works to know automating a store update should be super easy

If you know anything about programming at all you know enough to know you're being extremely reductive right now. "Simple process" is an almost oxymoronic concept.

muu

Can I basically do my first roll without linking my MyNintendo account?

That would pretty much be my first re-roll experience, I played FFBE, but I just dealt with my first roll, which was shitty. :lol

Link to Mynintendo after you've rolled the perfect roll.

Nintendo just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about mobile app culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is on consoles where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in mobile, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the mobile gaming public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Fire Emblem for either iOS or Android, nor will they purchase any of Nintendo's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Nintendo has alienated an entire market with this move.

Nintendo, Intsys, Google, Apple publicly apologize and release the app NOW or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Please explain how it isn't. I know how to set an alarm clock because I'm an almost-30 year old man who grew up in a first world country. However, I don't have a degree in computer science. My explanation for why it's harder amounts to "aw you know, computers and shit!"

Since you seem to have some advanced programming knowledge, do enlighten us on why the two are so similar.
Good code is written so different functions act as black boxes. All you should need to do is take the code that sets an event (for an alarm clock making noise) to happen at a given time and put the store update code (which would exist manually anyways) and have it be what's executed at the given time

I got a 5 star Camilla on my first reroll

do I keep rerolling to try and get Camilla and Tharja?

god that seems like it would be a nightmare but

Camilla AND Tharja

Semajer

Has anyone tried playing this from multiple devices? My iPhone is struggling, but I should have access to an android tablet.

Good code is written so different functions act as black boxes. All you should need to do is take the code that sets an event (for an alarm clock making noise) to happen at a given time and put the store update code (which would exist manually anyways) and have it be what's executed at the given time

Right. Remind me again what type of database Apple uses for the App Store?

Squire

Banned

The fact the vast majority of people that see this post won't get it at all makes that alarm clock analogy fall apart entirely.

Coppanuva

I mean the problem is more replicating it across all the servers and ensuring they're kept in sync. Is it something that might be easily possible? Yeah it is. But it's not how google's infrastructure appears to have been set up. It doesn't look like it was planned to allow developers to say when an app should be available, only takes a list of inputted ones and eventually publishes them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom