• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Office times should really be irrelevant when there's no good reason for store updates not to be prepped in advanced and launched automatically

Considering that people already have been playing are reporting error codes and server issues. I would not be surprised if they're holding the NA release for a few hours as they try to allocate more servers, because if that shit is flakey now, letting in all of NA is gonna tear it apart.

That'd be a "good reason."

So let's change subject !

Who is the character with your favorite redesign, for me

C3rKqetWIAAkpLV.jpg

kswiston

I'm cancelling my Switch pre-order, donating all my Nintendo games to Goodwill, and getting my Triforce tattoo removed if this game isn't out before my lunch break is over.

Make sure you also switch to being an Ouya only gamer to remove all temptations to support anything Nintendo related ever again.

Cerium

Considering that people already have been playing are reporting error codes and server issues. I would not be surprised if they're holding the NA release for a few hours as they try to allocate more servers, because if that shit is flakey now, letting in all of NA is gonna tear it apart.

Nintendo always underestimating demand.

Never played the games but I know of the series and how they play, sort of.

And what do you think so far?

What do I do with duplicate units? I got a 5 star Camilla and a 4 star one but it's not letting me merge them. Do I really need to rank up the 4 star one to 5 first?

I'm curious if there's anyone playing this game who isn't a Fire Emblem fan.

That would be me. I never played a FE game, since I don't have a 3DS, so this will be my first "game" of the series for me until FE warriors come out. I know of the series and how they play though kinda

In which case they should send a tweet explaining this to us. This problem isn't unique to this game, I have the same issues with buying psn games day 1

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Random question - could someone "give" an account away if they had someone else's mynintendo login/password?

Wanderer5

Well I enjoyed Sacred Stones, but that is pretty much the only FE that I really went through. Otherwise beside liking some of the characters that are in SSB, I am usually a bit on the eh side with this series, but I want to try to this out.

Faynwulf

I almost completed Chapter 5 and now I have also hit the Stamina wall... hard. This such a strange system. I think it's especially striking because there is no account level with a stamina refresh as soon as you level up.

Also getting no 5* characters in 2 complete rolls is really annoying.

Other than that, it's a really nice game.

gaiages

Banned
Oh, um, wow, some people are extremely impatient. Those overreactions yo

I was also extremely impatient so I just downloaded the APK *shrug*. I got a 5* Tiki :D Also, my 4* Cordelia and Frederick are wrecking shit. My party is pretty great <3

If anyone wants to add me, my code is 2505709313. Do we have a separate list or spreadsheet for those yet?

RikuDawn

Make sure you also switch to being an Ouya only gamer to remove all temptations to support anything Nintendo related ever again.

As a result of this, Ouya sales are going to go way up and Nintendo's going to lose so much money that they become a third party dev. But they'll be developing all their games exclusively for Ouya.

kswiston

What do I do with duplicate units? I got a 5 star Camilla and a 4 star one but it's not letting me merge them. Do I really need to rank up the 4 star one to 5 first?

You have to select the character and then drag them up to the merge box. It's a bit cumbersome.

You can merge lower star characters, but all you get is SP. I think I might just sell them for feathers.

Nintendo always underestimating demand.

And what do you think so far?

well for a gacha style game they are hitting all the right notes, and I recodnise a bunch of the characters, i've played shining force 1 and 2 in the past so I understand the style of combat/gameplay

Well that does beg the question of why they didn't try a a soft-launch like most gacha games seem to do.

Wes

venison crêpe

I've not played FE before but am playing this.

I got after 2 rerolls:

5 Takumi
5 Lilina
4 Stahl
4 Nino
3 Henry

Thinking of sticking with this. Anyone suggest I reroll?

You are acting like an entitled little baby because the release isn't happening right when you want it to.
I'm annoyed because it's inconsiderate of the customer and there's no explanation or reason given. It's poor customer service imo, and nobody would be hurt if they handled it differently. It's such an easy thing to fix and yet it's a persistent problem I've observed beyond just this game

You have to select the character and then drag them up to the merge box. It's a bit cumbersome.

You can merge lower star characters, but all you get is SP. I think I might just sell them for feathers.

I did that but it still wasn't letting me. However, I figured out the problem: it auto-favorited the 4 star Camilla when I pulled, so it wasn't letting her be merged until I unfavorited her lol

Honestly the only reason I'm impatient is that I was holding off on a nap for the game.

Guess I'll just take the nap and see if it's up when I wake up.

Semajer

My phone is struggling like a bastard with this game. Can anyone tell me the time-limited things so that I try and focus getting them done before the next crash.

I have access to the castle, and I've redeemed those 10 free orbs.

Tidd

Random question - could someone "give" an account away if they had someone else's mynintendo login/password?

Should work. I created a new Nintendo ID because I'm sure if I want to keep that account. I can restore it whenever I want.

blado

Just went against a 5 star Lyn in arena and she went around one-shotting my team lmao. I was 1 away from 7 wins in a row too :(

Squire

Banned
I'm annoyed because it's inconsiderate of the customer and there's no explanation or reason given. It's poor customer service imo, and nobody would be hurt if they handled it differently. It's such an easy thing to fix and yet it's a persistent problem I've observed beyond just this game

Do you work in the industry?

kswiston

If anyone on Android is waiting, you can just download the APK. It works in North America. There are links in this thread if you use the search function.

Can anyone link me to a good beginners guide video for Fire Emblem?

I'm not sure i've every played one (but have always wanted to) and i'm not really familiar with the game's systems etc. I've been looking for a turn based tactical rpg-lite and this seems perfect with it begin on my phone.

Any help, tips, links or advice MUCH appreciated.

Moonlight

Banned
Basically if you reroll, the best you should aim for is going for the red orbs/flame orbs.

A majority of the best characters so far are red.
So better to just open up the red orbs and then bail out of a roll then?

IMO one of the top, if not the top. But it's still early...I don't value AOE as much as others do because the maps seem kinda small to me.
Sounds great to me.

So let's change subject !

Who is the character with your favorite redesign, for me
Haven't got to see the majority of new character art from the game, but I love Serra's artwork in this.

C3pmRdaVMAQcaN5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom