• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addi

Maybe they have to fix their servers a bit before releasing it in the US? It was a bit messy this morning in Europe with all the connection errors.

Syntsui

How long it takes to refill a bar of stamina and how much stamina gets used (i.e. can you quickly burn stamina if needed) are two things I look at.

FE is doing pretty well at the latter, especially as you get higher leveled and literally gain nothing from doing lower stamina content (I really dislike the EXP system and I probably overdid my castle which just makes me reach this point too quickly).

The former though, 50 stamina 5 minutes per stamina. A full bar in 4 hours. So I lose over two full bars just by sleeping alone. Also no current way to make the cap larger. I prefer anything 6 hours myself.

One thing I've learned after playing several Gacha games is, you should absolutely never center your life around it, you just can't be stressed over ''lost energy oportunity''. I'm personally happy that there is no option to program my energy spendings upfront.

Literally from the beginning I know there is no way to 100% manage the energy, so from this very beginning I won't take it that seriously.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Since it's not coming out today, I wonder if it'll come out this week at all. Friday is usually a slow day at work so I doubt it'll be released until Monday at the earliest.

And that's stupid, because most Americans aren't. Also wrong because midnight releases on the eshop are always midnight EST, and normal eshop releases are noon est

Midnight releases have never been standard for the app store though. When an app says it's out on February 2nd, that typically means: "at some point on February 2nd."

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck NOA, I'm cancelling my Switch pre-order because of this nonsense.

If you really want the app now rather than in a few hours, I'm pretty sure you can download it through other sites and it'll work fine.

That said, I don't understand what App Store/Google Play management can inform us about being a Switch owner in North America. However, your decisions as a consumer are yours to make.

Jarate

Banned
I mean, it's not that big of a deal, but we shouldnt excuse Nintendo for not giving us any information about the release or when we should expect it.

kswiston

Since it's not coming out today, I wonder if it'll come out this week at all. Friday is usually a slow day at work so I doubt it'll be released until Monday at the earliest.

I'm guessing that North America will get this game at the same time that PC gets Final Fantasy XV. That makes the most strategic sense.

I mean, it's not that big of a deal, but we shouldnt excuse Nintendo for not giving us any information about the release or when we should expect it.

They did say when we should expect it: "February 2nd."

I expect that will turn out to have been correct information.

Dee Dee

*sigh*

No Ryoma, No Lyn, but after 6 Re-Rolls I got a 5* Takumi.

I guess he'll do for now.

Might drop some Eurobucks on the game once I hit a wall to get a sword fighter.

Edit: OH SHIT I GOT A SECOND 5* TAKUMI FROM THE SAME PULL, SHENANIGANS!

Late Edit: Pics or it didn't happen:
2vufexh.jpg

I'm cancelling my Switch pre-order, donating all my Nintendo games to Goodwill, and getting my Triforce tattoo removed if this game isn't out before my lunch break is over.

Shun

Thread is chugging along...

Any suggestions on who to shoot for when re-rolling?

Any of these 5 stars have beneficial skills.

Ryoma and Hector are good physical attacker.

Tiki and Leon are two of the best ranged units in the game and are really useful for that.

Lyn also has this skill where she can act again.

Squire

Banned
And that's stupid, because most Americans aren't. Also wrong because midnight releases on the eshop are always midnight EST, and normal eshop releases are noon est

Midnight EST works in favor of Nintendo, since it's only 9 PST at the office then.

Not really in favor of your point, you know?

Should I just throw all my rolls at once and pray for 5 stars?

Doing the special one is bizarre, I have to clear the map but if one person dies it's game over, no mention of that anywhere as far as I could see.

The story is also pretty awful but hey the tactics part is decent once I turned off auto completing actions lol

Midnight EST works in favor of Nintendo, since it's only 9 PST at the office then.

Not really in favor of your point, you know?
Office times should really be irrelevant when there's no good reason for store updates not to be prepped in advanced and launched automatically

Addi

I didn't know about that My Nintendo page before today (no need for it before now because Super Mario Run isn't on Android yet) and the rewards have really helped me (10 extra orbs for connecting the nintendo account, stamina refill for 100 coins etc). It won't last too long though, I only have two adventure left to get coins from.

I'm curious if there's anyone playing this game who isn't a Fire Emblem fan.

I just played it a bit on my brothers GBA years ago, I mostly know the characters that are in Smash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom