• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quonny

So I guess it makes sense to upgrade the castle ASAP? To make the most of the exp boost it gives?

Seems to be going up in orb price though. Level three is 5 orbs, I thin level two was 3 orbs

Might be the best way to spend orbs in the game until limited-time banners come out.

I'm just blowing all my orbs on it. I'm thinking of it like a coin doubler.

Bladelaw

So I guess it makes sense to upgrade the castle ASAP? To make the most of the exp boost it gives?

Seems to be going up in orb price though. Level three is 5 orbs, I thin level two was 3 orbs

I asked earlier and was told 20 orbs maxes out the castle. I plan on doing this with IAP once I know whether or not I like the game.

Caim

I think the totals are:

1/2/5/7/10

Gonna max it out for sure though.

kswiston

Might be the best way to spend orbs in the game until limited-time banners come out.

I'm just blowing all my orbs on it. I'm thinking of it like a coin doubler.

Do the bonuses apply to leveling up via crystals/shards, or only via battles? If it's just battles, I don't see the point unless you are happy with your team.

Quonny

Do the bonuses apply to leveling up via crystals/shards, or only via battles? If it's just battles, I don't see the point unless you are happy with your team.

Not sure, but it specifically does say 'all EXP', so I would be inclined to believe it's for everything. I'm 2 orbs short of the max upgrade, so I can test it in a few minutes.

Muffmuff

Neo Member
Thanks! except i linked my damn account. :( oh well.

you can delete the data from your nintendo account in the app settings.

btw. the 5th pull (the 3 story missions) isn't worth the effort, pull the 4 heroes after the tutorial and restart the reroll process after. I need the same amount of time to get the last 3 orbs for (5 x pulling) like a complete restart + the download...

Kitoro

One of my 3* units is level 20 and can upgrade to 4* now, but I need feathers. Are feathers only obtained from sending units home?

What are those other materials needed to upgrade 4* to 5*, and how can we get them?

kswiston

One of my 3* units is level 20 and can upgrade to 4* now, but I need feathers. Are feathers only obtained from sending units home?

What are those other materials needed to upgrade 4* to 5*, and how can we get them?

You also get feathers from ranking in the weekly (?) arena challenge.

The other upgrade items come from the training tower. Currently, you can only get stuff for green units.

Quonny

To follow up, it seems like the castle upgrades do NOT effect infusing crystals, which is a bummer. Still, it's double EXP in battle, which will be useful.

Kyuur

Now that this is out, can anyone answer me on whether there are any friend/social features ala P&D in this, or if its basically a single player game?

To anyone who wants to start playing in NA on iOS. You can create an Australian itunes account and download the game that way. Then just sign back in to your regular account before you start the game and pick United States as your region.

Here is a youtube guide if you are interested. (For a different game but same technique works for Fire Emblem)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDkMBFkW7ck

Are you able to get in app purchases this way?

Caim

Arena Duel rankings, but I also read they have a chance to drop at the end of a Story Map, but I haven't seen that happen yet.

Sixth Stratum and above gives Greater Badges.

So since I'm sitting here waiting for the US iOS store to let the game loose, I wanted to ask a reroll question.

I've seen enough posts here and I'm a FFBE vet, so I get the general idea. But I've seen some people say that you have to delete the entire app and reinstall it, and a few others saying that you only have to delete the data from the "menu" to reroll.

Which is it? Because if I don't have to totally reinstall the app, that would make a huge difference in my decision on whether to reroll or just go with the flow and take what the game gives me to start.

kswiston

To follow up, it seems like the castle upgrades do NOT effect infusing crystals, which is a bummer. Still, it's double EXP in battle, which will be useful.

Thanks. I guess I will hold off until I have a team I like. 3* Sully is starting to hold me back, but I don't have a better lance yet.

JC Lately

God damn it, Nintendo! Why did America do to deserve this delay?!

Oh. Right. Nevermind.

Sorry 'bout the collateral damage, Canada and Mexico.

Fireblend

Banned
So since I'm sitting here waiting for the US iOS store to let the game loose, I wanted to ask a reroll question.

I've seen enough posts here and I'm a FFBE vet, so I get the general idea. But I've seen some people say that you have to delete the entire app and reinstall it, and a few others saying that you only have to delete the data from the "menu" to reroll.

Which is it? Because if I don't have to totally reinstall the app, that would make a huge difference in my decision on whether to reroll or just go with the flow and take what the game gives me to start.

You can just go into app settings and delete the data. I tried it myself.

NaXo

Banned
Just started playing and got Lucina as my second 5*. Dunno if she's a "common" rare to get but I'm happy nonetheless <3

NSESN

God damn it, Nintendo! Why did America do to deserve this delay?!

Oh. Right. Nevermind.

Sorry 'bout the collateral damage, Canada and Mexico.

Brazil too, not sure if there is more countries from the Americas releasing the game today

lyrick

Got a bunch of event messages during my last reroll, skipped them though as I'm sure I'll read them next reroll...

You can just go into app settings and delete the data. I tried it myself.

Just for Android I assume, or is it available for iOS too?

No idea. Tried it on Android.

Thanks, probably an Android thing then. I've never seen a way we can simply clear data on iOS, outside of un-installing/re-installing. I guess it's the latter for me then!

Can anyone with the iOS version confirm if the delete data option works there? I'm assuming it probably won't, but that would make life a LOT easier.

Are you able to get in app purchases this way?

Once the game is out in NA you will. That's how it was for Star Wars Force Arena
You will just have to go to the NA App Store and get the game again. This will not affect your save data.

Can anyone with the iOS version confirm if the delete data option works there? I'm assuming it probably won't, but that would make life a LOT easier.

This works on iOS and de-links the Nintendo Account associated with the save data.
However, it deletes all the extra data the app downloads, so it doesn't really save that much time.

Kitoro

Is there any reason to wait to level past 20 before promoting to a new star rank, or is it just best to go ahead and do it as soon as possible?

Varshes

6Yth885.jpg

Varshes

Once the game is out in NA you will. That's how it was for Star Wars Force Arena
You will just have to go to the NA App Store and get the game again. This will not affect your save data.

If this works I'm just going to grab it from the Japanese store again. I did it last night but deleted it since I wasn't sure.

chrono01

I think a few pages back someone said Delete All Data is only available when your NNID is linked otherwise you have redownload that app.
I think I'm just going to un-install/re-install, just to be sure.

Man, I'm watching a guy re-roll on NicoNico and he's going on close to four hours now. Since each live-stream is in a block of a maximum of six hours (generally), it's possible he had another six-hour block before this. So many 3*...

This bodes really poorly for me. I'm going to be re-rolling for days, I just know it.

Wait, is it really that simple?

Granted you'll miss out on the free 10 orbs if you link and then re-roll indefinitely on that account, but this would save so much time (unless it re-downloads everything anyway, in which case there's little point).

Dragoshi1

Dayum, got 5* Lucina and Marth.

Gonna keep these guys, but accidentally named myself the default name when first starting. Any way to change that? Or does it not affect much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom