• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman

Nintendo doesn't seem to have the fortitude to run an actual gatcha.

image.png

Caim

I had no idea Stamina was required to equip Skills.

This game is weird...lol

But then again I saw that Stamina gauge in the Skill menu when I started, but wasn't paying attention.

Roman

Also I want to point out our Fire Emblem GAF Discord server again, where we have a spreadsheet with friend IDs.

More friends in this game translates to more feathers. It would be great if more people shared theirs in one place.

ZiZ

how do you get dueling swords?

is there another way to get orbs other than completing story missions? will there be a way to get orbs after you finish the story?

my friend code is 8441154530 if anyone needs some feathers.

duckroll

The structure of the game is super disappointing. Each chapter is like a cameo from a different FE, and there's really nothing to it other than:

Cameo Character: YO WATCH ME POSE FOR THE CAMERA. SORRY WE GOTTA FIGHT, SEE YOU IN 5 BATTLES!

- 5 battles later -

Cameo Character: WHOA YOU'RE SO STRONG. CYA!

nubbe

is there another way to get orbs other than completing story missions? will there be a way to get orbs after you finish the story?

you can get orbs from the monthly quests

Roman

There is an item in your inventory called Dueling Crest - it restores all 3 swords. For a shortcut you can just click the + button next to your swords.

You can get these Crests through things like Quests & Missions. For example the Hard February Quest "KO Lvl 20+ Foes w/Flying" gives 3 such Crests.

LTWheels

Is something wrong with the game on iOS. I swear that every time the game needs to restart (i.e. Left memory) it asks to redownload that 400mb download.

Happening to anyone else?

WhyMe6

Duelling swords are refreshed every day, it seems. I had a notification today when the day rolled over that they were refreshed, and there they were.

I would think that later in the games life they will release mini chapters for extra rewards but right now there seems to be enough content to keep busy for quite some time. I think that's what that yellow chapter box is for in the story area.

Yeah 3 swords a day unless you have a dueling token thing to refresh them.

ggx2ac

Gunter has a really good skill that I can't make use of.

Hone Cavalry: Grants adjacent cavalry units +6 Atk/Spd bonus through their next actions.

Since I barely have any cavalry.

jahasaja

the early game makes you feel that way but once u hit a certain chapter it gets a lot tougher and u will need to have some balance in your units

Generally you want to build up a whole team yes since some maps in the games cannot be solo'd while completing all objectives and within time limits. Awakening does allow a super unit to break the game though.

For this game you want a core team with weapon triangle coverage and passive skills that help buff allies since your team is so small and limited. Also remember that you don't have to attack. You can let your strong units take damage and only retaliate while your healer gets exp and other units get much needed kills. The idea is always to use what you have as a whole to their utmost potential.you have an army they should function like one not like 4the strong juggernauts doing their own thing. Well unless you like that playstyle.

Thanks for the answers! I do not know if I will continue. I have been doing auto-battling with only Marth in my Team until chapter 5 without dying once just waiting for the game to start.

I guess I cannot wrap my head around the concept of a strategy game with exp that you also can grind in. There just seem no skill involved.

Sorry for the negativity, I guess I just miss Advance Wars.

deleted

So the game is up and running for everyone just fine?

I can't connect to the game anymore. I'm on a 1+1 with Cyanogen-Mod which isn't officially supported (can't download it through the store). Downloaded the .apk and could start and play the game just fine.
After a while I couldn't connect anymore and I get a connection error, so I deleted the game and began anew.
Worked just fine, could even play more of the game, but then I got the same error. Can't connect anymore. I don't want to start new every half hour, so am I out of luck?
Or is the Connection Error not connected to my cellphone?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
played a little bit yesterday, classic gatcha nonsense with no real underlying gameplay

hope it makes a ton of money and N can funnel it into their proper game development efforts

Comparing a gacha game on its first day of release to stand alone games is dumb. Stop doing that.

when do they get fun?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I used orbs from the story to do this:

That what i need to do as well - seems like the best orb investment right now unless you wanna try your luck again at the Gacha machine. Wont be pulling again anytime soon...Lucina is all i wanted lol.

The structure of the game is super disappointing. Each chapter is like a cameo from a different FE, and there's really nothing to it other than:

Cameo Character: YO WATCH ME POSE FOR THE CAMERA. SORRY WE GOTTA FIGHT, SEE YOU IN 5 BATTLES!

- 5 battles later -

Yeah its abit odd.

Ive done a couple re-rolls but not luck. Not sure If I can be arsed to keep re-rolling :/

MSScaeva

Neo Member
This game loves giving me good sword units and not much else. Got both 5* Roy and Chrom, 4* Marth, Lon'qu and 3(!) Eliwood. I have Barst and Beruka for axes (both 4*), but the only good lance units I have are Sharena and Effie. I've got Serra and Clarine for healing/magic, and a bunch of low rank archers, so I don't have much in the way of ranged/magic attacks.

Friend ID is 3327917021 if anyone wants to add me.

Rixa

That what i need to do as well - seems like the best orb investment right now unless you wanna try your luck again at the Gacha machine. Wont be pulling again anytime soon...Lucina is all i wanted lol.

After a while you'll get diminishing returns. Sometimes I don't even gain exp from killing mooks.

I know. Doing Stratums at the moment as its ½ stamina. In main story I just cleared Normal 8-4.

5* Marth level 22.
5* Tiki level 20.
5* Hawkeye level 21
4* Camilla level 18

I have 5th & 6th stratum opened, just entered to 5th, prolly getting tought fight.

- 5 battles later -

Still a better story than fates.

ZiZ

you can get orbs from the monthly quests

There is an item in your inventory called Dueling Crest - it restores all 3 swords. For a shortcut you can just click the + button next to your swords.

You can get these Crests through things like Quests & Missions. For example the Hard February Quest "KO Lvl 20+ Foes w/Flying" gives 3 such Crests.

Duelling swords are refreshed every day, it seems. I had a notification today when the day rolled over that they were refreshed, and there they were.

ah, I see, wish there were more ways to get orbs. February only gives you one orb.
thanks all.

Shinypogs

my nintendo rewards Remember to use this to pick up extra dueling swords, stamina potions etc etc. You get coins for completing each chapter so you should be able to stock up on stuff you'll make good use of. Sadly no feathers or orbs ( other than the one time 10 orb gift). Also for those not checking reddit, if you complete all the normal mode challenges for February you get a new set of hard mode quests with more rewards clicky

ah, I see, wish there were more ways to get orbs. February only gives you one orb.
thanks all.

oncw u finish the normal missions u get another tier of missions which gives u 3 orbs for beating calvary unnits that are lvl 20+ the best chapter to grind for that is chapter 8-4

Rixa

5th Stratum.
Marth abusing flying unit to get thru water slot.

Screenshot_20170203-134808.png
Screenshot_20170203-134824.png

Next turn enemy Tharja ohkoed my Camilla (the flying mount unit in water slot) :p So no exp to Camilla this time :D

I haven't summoned many units, but I'm already liking this.

Ogma and Female Corrin are absolutely destroying the enemies. Anna fell off hard, and she is going to be dropped really soon.

Kyonashi

Finally got a good pull so I'm keeping it, I just want to stop the damn rerolling and play.

5★ Focus - Tiki (Dragon Scion)
4★ - Bartre (Fearless Warrior)
4★ - Saizo (Angry Ninja)
3★ - Clarine (Refined Noble)
3★ - Felicia (Maid Mayhem)

L~A

So the game is up and running for everyone just fine?

I can't connect to the game anymore. I'm on a 1+1 with Cyanogen-Mod which isn't officially supported (can't download it through the store). Downloaded the .apk and could start and play the game just fine.
After a while I couldn't connect anymore and I get a connection error, so I deleted the game and began anew.
Worked just fine, could even play more of the game, but then I got the same error. Can't connect anymore. I don't want to start new every half hour, so am I out of luck?
Or is the Connection Error not connected to my cellphone?

The connection error is Support Code: 803-3001 (or 3101 I believe)?

You don't need to delete the game to get rid of the error. Using a root browser (regular file browser doesn't work), go and delete that file:

data/data/com.nintendo/zaba/shared_prefs/deviceAccount:.xml

But first, make sure you connect the game to a Nintendo Account, or you'll lose your save data (since that file is basically your save data).

Once you've done that, you'll be able to load the app again, though you will need to relink your NA again at start-up.

Errors will pop up again after a while, and in that case, simply re-delete the aforementionned file and it'll work again. Rinse and repeat every time it happens, basically.

Not really sure what's causing the issue. Only people I've seen impacted by this are all root/custom ROM users, but this is way too random, flimsy, and easily bypassable to be an anti-root security measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom