• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addi

I have no idea what speed stat does :(

edit: is it related do double attack?

Yeah, you get double attacks if your character is faster than the other (I don't know by how much)

I'm almost through story mode on hard. I was afraid that was the end for free orbs, but now I see there's also a lunatic mode :p

Yeah, you get double attacks if your character is faster than the other (I don't know by how much)

I'm almost through story mode on hard. I was afraid that was the end for free orbs, but now I see there's also a lunatic mode :p

I wonder what will happen after we finish Lunatic mode. Tying most of premium currency rewards to one time stuff is problematic in the long term.

ggx2ac

Ended up getting a second Lyn which isn't what I wanted but, it was handy to merge. It wouldn't have mattered for me to get 1000 feathers from sending her home.

C3vrYOJUYAAqB9Q.jpg

C3vrYOMUMAEy4vB.jpg

Because now I got the 500 SP to get Galeforce.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I wonder what will happen after we finish Lunatic mode. Tying most of premium currency rewards to one time stuff is problematic in the long term.

Are you saying you think it's a problematic for them to only reward you premium currency once for completing things? Because that's how gacha games work.

Also, I tried this a bunch yesterday, but I just don't think it's for me. It may be because I just don't get into FE as a series? I don't know. I wanted to love it, but with me not caring about any of the characters, it's just not clicking. Boo.

Are you saying you think it's a problematic for them to only reward you premium currency once for completing things? Because that's how gacha games work.

Nope that's not how they work. If premium currency is your only source of characters then you are supposed to be getting it reasonably fast so you can progress at all without paying.

Love live is giving login rewards and also constantly has events which give you premium stuff. Dragon Blaze has weekly ranking events that give rubies to buy premium stuff.

Good gatcha game makes you spend because you want - not because you have too.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm getting an awful lot of those dud level ups with only two stats increased. Is this going to cripple me down the line?

Yui

Love live is giving login rewards and also constantly has events which give you premium stuff. Dragon Blaze has weekly ranking events that give rubies to buy premium stuff.

Love Live is like 3+ years old at this point.
This game has been out for one day.
Most gacha games don't get really generous with login /event stuff until they are at least a couple of weeks/months old.

kswiston

Nope that's not how they work. If premium currency is your only source of characters then you are supposed to be getting it reasonably fast so you can progress at all without paying.

We're getting 2 orbs a day. If that continues in some form, that's not too bad. They could probably also stand to give you a clearance bonus for beating the two character daily battles.

Quonny

I'm getting an awful lot of those dud level ups with only two stats increased. Is this going to cripple me down the line?

The game seems to have some sort of rubberbanding in regards to stats. Like if you get a couple dud levels you'll get a couple good levels down the line.

There is variance, but it appears that eventually the stats even out somewhat.

SaberVulcan

Apologizes if this has been asked before, but thoughts on feeding a 4* -> 3* for the +1 level stats? .

I did it with two level 1s I had, deciding if it is worth it with my level 15 4* to a level 1 3* or not - leaning towards yes because I definitely got some garbage level ups on the 4*...

Quonny

Apologizes if this has been asked before, but thoughts on feeding a 4* -> 3* for the +1 level stats? .

I did it with two level 1s I had, deciding if it is worth it with my level 15 4* to a level 1 3* or not - leaning towards yes because I definitely got some garbage level ups on the 4*...

Your stats reset when you rank up, which pretty much limits the usefulness of this feature to 5* fusions only.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The game seems to have some sort of rubberbanding in regards to stats. Like if you get a couple dud levels you'll get a couple good levels down the line.

There is variance, but it appears that eventually the stats even out somewhat.

Ok thanks. Hopefully that's the case because otherwise I'd just have to keep restarting battles over and over again.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Oh, that is what you meant.

No gacha game is going to give you a stream of premium currency to allow you to pull willy nilly without spending real money. They'll give you enough to get one or two pulls to entice you to pull more, but of the numerous gacha games I've played (Love Live included, both US and JP server), no game has EVER given you "enough" currency to pull whenever you want.

FE:H will probably give you login rewards for quite some time. After that, I suspect they'll do events where you get bonus login rewards, special missions that reward you with an orb or two upon completion, etc. I'm surprised that you'd honestly think otherwise, especially because you've played gacha games before.

ReaperXL7

Anyone know how many emblems and feathers it takes to evolve a 3* to a 4?

I'm hoping they will have a special event that gives high amounts of exp because trying to grind even a 3 star to lvl 20 is taking a decent amount of time.

ggx2ac

One thing I hate my about 5* team at the moment is that it really sucks against iron knights.

Which is why I'd need a spellcaster to make up the difference. Annoyingly they're all 3* and none of them are green.

I just got female Corrin which is 4* but blue attack. I haven't used any dragons yet, do they deal physical damage or magic damage?

I'm amazed that how faithful they were in adapting Wendy from FE6 to Heroes... as in she's COMPLETELY useless and one of the worst units in the series jfc

She's one of my favorite characters in Fire Emblem, but that doesn't reflect at ALL in her gameplay ;;

She moves one square per turn ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Got the 20 orbs for a second pull doing story missions, aaaaaand Nadal. 4 star Fae, Nowi, and that priestess from yesterday's special map + 2 3 star staff users I don't even recognize. Still no 5 stars. I WILL get Hector and Lyn, dammit.

Also, wasn't linking a Nintendo account supposed to yield something?

On the plus side, the game itself is actually not bad. Very simple, but perhaps because of my garbage units I still have to think about it a little. There also looks to be some interesting depth in terms of skill possibilities.

Shinypogs

One thing I hate my about 5* team at the moment is that it really sucks against iron knights.

Which is why I'd need a spellcaster to make up the difference. Annoyingly they're all 3* and none of them are green.

I just got female Corrin which is 4* but blue attack. I haven't used any dragons yet, do they deal physical damage or magic damage?

I have a 5 * merric with wind magic so they can be pulled but yeah if your team has no magic or dagger users with debuffs your gonna have a hard time against high def units.

ggx2ac

Anyone know how many emblems and feathers it takes to evolve a 3* to a 4?

I'm hoping they will have a special event that gives high amounts of exp because trying to grind even a 3 star to lvl 20 is taking a decent amount of time.

2000 feathers.

Level up using shards, I've done that a couple of times getting a character to 20 from 1.

I'm amazed that how faithful they were in adapting Wendy from FE6 to Heroes... as in she's COMPLETELY useless and one of the worst units in the series jfc

She's one of my favorite characters in Fire Emblem, but that doesn't reflect at ALL in her gameplay ;;

She moves one square per turn ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Knights move one square. I used Draug, he has lunge which is good and brave sword. Maybe Wendy has decent skills?

So, after I finish the campaign on all three difficulties, how will I get more free orbs? Wait for new content? Regular events? I'm new to these kind of Gacha games, so I'm not sure how they tend to address that. I'm still only on Chapter 5, Normal. So I'm not concerned about running out yet, just curious. I don't want to not have any free orbs by the time they eventually add FE9 and 10 heroes.

ggx2ac

So, after I finish the campaign on all three difficulties, how will I get more free orbs? Wait for new content? Regular events? I'm new to these kind of Gacha games, so I'm not sure how they tend to address that. I'm still only on Chapter 5, Normal. So I'm not concerned about running out yet, just curious. I don't want to not have any free orbs by the time they eventually add FE9 and 10 heroes.

Yes. You've got login bonuses and they said they're planning to update the story mode every two weeks.

Quonny

Now that the game has been out a day and we kind of see how the meta and such is shaking out, this game has a very strong base but does despirately need a few key additions/features if it's going to take over the world:

1. Some kind of long-term grind goal. FFBE has TMRs, Granblue has fusing weapons, and so on. Something that we can grind with our energy that will make us stronger. At the moment, the only thing you can grind is experience points and to a lesser extent, SP. You can't grind feathers. If you could, this might work, but alas, it's a 'do this three times a day and collect your rewards once a week' kind of thing. More dripfeeding is required.
2. Daily quests. Even if this just rewards feathers, or experience shards/crystals, we need some sort of daily quest. This keeps people engaged and doing things.
3. Events. Actual events with stories, new characters, and so on. Maybe introduce a new item that gives SP and tie it to events. Exclusive characters. Don't have to be top tier, don't have to even be good, but new characters or even costumes to equip to our characters would be great.

Give us those three and you have a great, healthy game. I worry that without these this game will get stale. Maybe they have these in the works.

IdleRover

Spent far to long rerolling, settled for a 5* Robin.

Having fun with the game now that I'm actually playing it.

Throwing in my ID as well: 7980551713

Now that the game has been out a day and we kind of see how the meta and such is shaking out, this game has a very strong base but does despirately need a few key additions/features if it's going to take over the world:

1. Some kind of long-term grind goal. FFBE has TMRs, Granblue has fusing weapons, and so on. Something that we can grind with our energy that will make us stronger. At the moment, the only thing you can grind is experience points and to a lesser extent, SP. You can't grind feathers. If you could this might work, but alas, it's a 'do this three times a day and collect your rewards once a week' kind of thing. More dripfeeding is required.
2. Daily quests. Even if this just rewards feathers, or experience shards/crystals, we need some sort of daily quest. This keeps people engaged and doing things.
3. Events. Actual events with stories, new characters, and so on. Maybe introduce a new item that gives SP and tie it to events. Exclusive characters. Don't have to be top tier, don't have to even be good, but new characters or even costumes to equip to our characters would be great.

Give us those three and you have a great, healthy game. I worry that without these this game will get stale. Maybe they have these in the works.

They have this, no? The "Special Maps"?

vareon

Yeah, hopefully they roll updates rather quick, even if it's minor features at a time, just to give the impression that the game is living and improving. With Fire Emblem and Nintendo, there's quite a lot of console gamers who burned out the content day one.

Syntsui

Yes. You've got login bonuses and they said they're planning to update the story mode every two weeks.

Two weeks? Will there be other paralel events in-beetwen that?

That's an eternity for a gacha game, you either update on a weekly basis or you will die painfully.

Draxal

1. Some kind of long-term grind goal. FFBE has TMRs, Granblue has fusing weapons, and so on. Something that we can grind with our energy that will make us stronger. At the moment, the only thing you can grind is experience points and to a lesser extent, SP. You can't grind feathers. If you could, this might work, but alas, it's a 'do this three times a day and collect your rewards once a week' kind of thing. More dripfeeding is required.

I thought Arenas were going to be that until I realized they weren't an aggregate weekly thing, but a top score only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom