• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trunx28

seeing all these great rolls and I'm sitting here with 4x3* and 1x4* .. guess it's not my lucky day.

but great game, even if it is simplified tremendously. Didn't think that killed units would stay within your roaster or that you could try any level again and again (till your energy runs out, that is) - fine move by Nintendo.

Qurupeke

Fire Emblem Heroes ID: 4383686498

Also, I was surprised with the small update earlier. Stamina potions are cool for later, as right now I barely use up any stamina.

pahamrick

Probably should have been saving up my orbs, but after doing a 5 pull and getting jack I saved up another 20 and on my very first pull got a 5* Tharja.

Yeah, I stopped the pull right there. I'm not tempting fate now.

Anyone else have trouble linking their Nintendo account? I go through the menu, select "link account" in Chrome, and the page refuses to load.

Android 5.1, fwiw

seeing all these great rolls and I'm sitting here with 4x3* and 1x4* .. guess it's not my lucky day.

but great game, even if it is simplified tremendously. Didn't think that killed units would stay within your roaster or that you could try any level again and again (till your energy runs out, that is) - fine move by Nintendo.

It would be absolutely fucked if gacha characters had perma death.

Qurupeke

Anyone else have trouble linking their Nintendo account? I go through the menu, select "link account" in Chrome, and the page refuses to load.

Android 5.1, fwiw

I think it's a server load problem, I tried several times before being able to successfully link the account.

Just to be clear - there is a small punishment for having a unit die - they lose any EXP they earned in that map. That seems like the perfect middle ground to me, as having permadeath in a gacha game would be so obscenely hardcore that near nobody would be playing it for long.

tsundoku

I don't even particularly care about getting "the big pulls" or even my favourite characters, since from my experience so far you can creatively select units with good speed, use a thief to lower enemy speed and match the right types up / bait the enemy units into coming at you in 1/2/3 to win. And casualties seem to have zero punishment from what I can tell at this point

Like the game seems doable enough with a small set of characters, but I used my orbs + free gift orbs to do a single summoning ritual for 5 heroes. And then upgraded my castle a few times until the cost got expensive for a 60% exp boost but obviously understanding how close my units were already getting to level 20.

Now i'm almost completely out of orbs and it looks like I can grind all the way to the endgame and do the lunatic and hard mode versions of february and get.. 8? and another 1 here and there from the story missions. Is every story mission 1 orb? Is it 1 orb per stage per difficulty so i'm only going to be able to get a full summoning ritual in every 3 months / per full difficulty of the story mode I finish? I notice I have 200 character slots and am winning comfortably with proper strategy with a variety of like ... 7 characters
Is everyone just rerolling to get a 4 team of silvers and golds and then exclusively playing the game with them?

My only concern about actually getting to do more summoning rituals is that I literally have a single green hero, Anna, and she isn't even versatile like having a green mage would have been. I can deal with Blue enemies by overwhelming force by treating them like dangerous grey types, but If I have to finish the majority of the story mode just to summon in a green hero I might just drop it. A lot of the bosses i've been fighting so far are reds so I just have my fully bronze unspecial Est who seems to be getting ridiculous stats and is one shotting bosses even without the female protag's attack boost. But there have to be blue bosses thru the story mode right? That are going to eat me alive?

I assumed I was going to get a couple characters as I kept doing the story, but they have you fight people like Marth early on and don't even feed you a "bronze shitty" Marth you can do stuff with, he just fucks right off when you beat him and says "see you in the gachapon!"

Also everyone I got was bronze / "3* (does this even go below 3? is using 3,4,5 some kind insidious design choice?)

Also kinda wish you got like 10% exp for using your boost abilities like in the real games, I have to stop using the female protag's amazing attack boost every couple of fights and feed her some kills to keep her up

L~A

Android 5.1, fwiw

What kind of error do you get? A redirect to https://null (or something along those lines)?

Keep trying again, it'll work eventually. Try clearing browser cache (and maybe even try another browser if it doesn't work)

CPCunha

FML i hate RNG and it hates me... 2 consecutive rolls with nothing but 3 stars..............................

...i want to play the game...
<=0(

I think it's a server load problem, I tried several times before being able to successfully link the account.

What kind of error do you get? A redirect to https://null (or something along those lines)?

Keep trying again, it'll work eventually. Try clearing browser cache (and maybe even try another browser if it doesn't work)
Thanks guys- I'd done it like 6 times (with the null error, yeah), but I gave it one more go and it went through!

That server quality.

I don't even particularly care about getting "the big pulls" or even my favourite characters, since from my experience so far you can creatively select units with good speed, use a thief to lower enemy speed and match the right types up / bait the enemy units into coming at you in 1/2/3 to win. And casualties seem to have zero punishment from what I can tell at this point

Like the game seems doable enough with a small set of characters, but I used my orbs + free gift orbs to do a single summoning ritual for 5 heroes. And then upgraded my castle a few times until the cost got expensive for a 60% exp boost but obviously understanding how close my units were already getting to level 20.

Now i'm almost completely out of orbs and it looks like I can grind all the way to the endgame and do the lunatic and hard mode versions of february and get.. 8? and another 1 here and there from the story missions. Is every story mission 1 orb? Is it 1 orb per stage per difficulty so i'm only going to be able to get a full summoning ritual in every 3 months / per full difficulty of the story mode I finish? I notice I have 200 character slots and am winning comfortably with proper strategy with a variety of like ... 7 characters
Is everyone just rerolling to get a 4 team of silvers and golds and then exclusively playing the game with them?

My only concern about actually getting to do more summoning rituals is that I literally have a single green hero, Anna, and she isn't even versatile like having a green mage would have been. I can deal with Blue enemies by overwhelming force by treating them like dangerous grey types, but If I have to finish the majority of the story mode just to summon in a green hero I might just drop it.

Also everyone I got was bronze / "3* (does this even go below 3? is using 3,4,5 some kind insidious design choice?)

There is a small punishment for casulties - that character loses all EXP gained on the map.

You can get units with below 3 stars from in game events (right now if you go to special battle, you can get virion) and a couple have appeared from what I think is part of the story mode (Matthew, Virion, the two new lords for the game, for example).
They presumably set 3* as the minimum from summoning so you get a minimum level of quality for your orbs.

tsundoku

There is a small punishment for casulties - that character loses all EXP gained on the map.

You can get units with below 3 stars from in game events (right now if you go to special battle, you can get virion) and a couple have appeared from what I think is part of the story mode (Matthew, Virion, the two new lords for the game, for example).
They presumably set 3* as the minimum from summoning so you get a minimum level of quality for your orbs.

I already have Virion though, I beat the normal mode one and then tried 'merging them together' and got a bit of sp out of it. Maybe I just need to advance the story further and instead of fucking off forever like Marth they'll go to that section to be challenged and I can actually get some more strategic options for green?

I already have Virion though, I beat the normal mode one and then tried 'merging them together' and got a bit of sp out of it. Maybe I just need to advance the story further and instead of fucking off forever like Marth they'll go to that section to be challenged and I can actually get some more strategic options for green?

Hey, I'm not the one making the choices for event characters to give out. Why Nintendo chose Virion to give out today. There was a mage of some description yesterday, and there will be someone else tomorrow. At the moment, it's only the one person per day. If you want a green character, you'll have to summon it or wait at the moment, I'm afraid.

Seik

Banned
Awww yeah!

Got Tiki on my second official roll! The three others were shit though, I should've stopped there.

Man, her intro was great, didn't know some characters had animated intros when summoned.

deleted

The connection error is Support Code: 803-3001 (or 3101 I believe)?

You don't need to delete the game to get rid of the error. Using a root browser (regular file browser doesn't work), go and delete that file:

But first, make sure you connect the game to a Nintendo Account, or you'll lose your save data (since that file is basically your save data).

Once you've done that, you'll be able to load the app again, though you will need to relink your NA again at start-up.

Errors will pop up again after a while, and in that case, simply re-delete the aforementionned file and it'll work again. Rinse and repeat every time it happens, basically.

Not really sure what's causing the issue. Only people I've seen impacted by this are all root/custom ROM users, but this is way too random, flimsy, and easily bypassable to be an anti-root security measure.

Thanks for the help! It's excactly that error... Do you have any suggestions for a root browser?

Also - couldn't connect my Nintendo Account yet, so I guess I'm out of luck for at least one other try, right? After that it uploads my savegame?!

Forkball

Ran out of stamina.. I got pretty addicted. Liking the game so far.

Got these guys from the first 20 orbs then another 20 orbs from the story. Though I've only been using those 4 for now:
ofjGMif.jpg

How the eff is your Lucina's attack so high? Mine is level 12 with only 29 attack. Did the RNG gods bless you or did you use a special item/skill?

[edit]Looking closely, my Lucina has 14 defense while yours only has 7, so I guess it's RNG. Speed and Res is the same however. I wonder if there's some EV shenanigans behind the scenes.

tsundoku

Hey, I'm not the one making the choices for event characters to give out. Why Nintendo chose Virion to give out today. There was a mage of some description yesterday, and there will be someone else tomorrow. At the moment, it's only the one person per day. If you want a green character, you'll have to summon it or wait at the moment, I'm afraid.

Well it's only been Virion if you actually downloaded the app from the store when it actually came out in Canada super late today but I hadn't realized it was going to change daily.
I'm perfectly fine with that, I can get my strategic options, train them up a bit each day and maybe beat the story 3 times and be done with it, thanks.

KHlover

Banned
Getting 803-3101 whenever I try to start the game right now. I played just fine last night and now I can't log in. Dammit.

L~A

Getting 803-3101 whenever I try to start the game right now. I played just fine last night and now I can't log in. Dammit.

Are you using root/custom ROM?

Thanks for the help! It's excactly that error... Do you have any suggestions for a root browser?

Also - couldn't connect my Nintendo Account yet, so I guess I'm out of luck for at least one other try, right? After that it uploads my savegame?!

That's the one I'm using:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.root.browserfree

You need to also install busybox (it's all done via the app).

You also need root access.

Yowch, I guess it'll be a while before I can upgrade my 4 star Heroes. Kinda sucks since they're so close to Level 20, but I don't nearly have enough Hero's Feathers.

I suppose it's not strange that they're the second hardest thing to get.

BTW, is it worth upgrading 3 star Heroes at all? I don't think I have the patience to grind 1 and 2 stars.

duckroll

Cleared Chapter 3 and did a bunch of grinding on the first few Training Tower floors. Unless they have some amazing long term plan, I feel this game isn't going to have much holding power on me. The size of the maps being the size of the phone screen is logical on paper, but in practice it already feels like the layouts are so limited. The game is clearly designed to be playable in quick bursts, which is good for mobile, but at the same time they don't seen to have taken into account how quickly it starts to feel stale. Low troop count + small maps + high damage balancing means when it works out it's fast and fun, but it also means that as you get increasingly powerful it stops feeling like a strategy game and more like a tapping exercise.

Lanrutcon

So, should I keep leveling my heroes past lvl 20 or do they lose those stats when promoting?

The barrier to promoting heroes is resources, not levels. Getting to 20 takes all of a day. Getting the required materials to promote? ...yeah.

Might as well keep using that dude to grind stuff. You lose nothing.

jwhit28

So, should I keep leveling my heroes past lvl 20 or do they lose those stats when promoting?

They lose all stats when promoting. They start with higher base stats and already learned skills though.

I can't get feathers at all. The ones I have are from sending units home or friend units giving them to me.

Zeeman

Ugh, one of my 3* is at lvl 20 and getting the badges seems impossible until the training tower turns back to green. Is that the only way to get them?

Aselith

Cleared Chapter 3 and did a bunch of grinding on the first few Training Tower floors. Unless they have some amazing long term plan, I feel this game isn't going to have much holding power on me. The size of the maps being the size of the phone screen is logical on paper, but in practice it already feels like the layouts are so limited. The game is clearly designed to be playable in quick bursts, which is good for mobile, but at the same time they don't seen to have taken into account how quickly it starts to feel stale. Low troop count + small maps + high damage balancing means when it works out it's fast and fun, but it also means that as you get increasingly powerful it stops feeling like a strategy game and more like a tapping exercise.

There are three difficulty levels so my hope is that the higher difficulties are balanced for high level, high star units and will be more strategic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom