• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggx2ac

Unlocking potential to get a 3* character is much more manageable.

C3uqXYxUoAAkG10.jpg

I still have to wait until scarlet badges appear first.

What it also confirms is that there's no point raising a character's rarity to then send them home to get more feathers. I have to spend 200 for this, sending home a 3* character only gives 150.

Edit: Why did the artist draw her neck like that?...

Forkball

I feel like buying all castle upgrades is pretty much the first thing you should do.

I agree, or at least do it after your first 20 orb pull. A max upgraded castle is 30 orbs and nets you double XP, which sounds better in the long run.

Also when is the Hot Spring DLC coming?

Hikami

Ran out of stamina.. I got pretty addicted. Liking the game so far.

Got these guys from the first 20 orbs then another 20 orbs from the story. Though I've only been using those 4 for now:
ofjGMif.jpg

Caim

How do you end 4 and 5 stars home even? it won't let me

The heart symbol is the equivalent of favorite/lock in this game.

Go to the character's status screen and tap the heart to remove it.

There is something in the options that auto-locks characters for you.

Sölf

God, these energy costs get ridiculous. I am happy you can easily buy energy drinks with the Nintendo coins, even if those come in a limited number.

Theosmeo

The heart symbol is the equivalent of favorite/lock in this game.

Go to the character's status screen and tap the heart to remove it.

There is something in the options that auto-locks characters for you.

Ah thanks, is there any reason to fav? just to help identify units?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Im up to about chapter 8 in the story.. have done about 3 or 4 full buys of chars for 20 orbs.. and ive had about 5 non 3 star chars (all 4 star no names). This game hates me.

But by god i could formulate a team of 2 star spies called matthew.

Cerium

Im up to about chapter 8 in the story.. have done about 3 or 4 full buys of chars for 20 orbs.. and ive had about 5 non 3 star chars (all 4 star no names). This game hates me.

But by god i could formulate a team of 2 star spies called matthew.

Send them home and earn feathers you can use to add stars to other characters.

20,000 feathers can turn a 4 star hero into a 5 star hero.

Nothing wasted!

Lunar FC

Are these chapter 1 quests supposed to be super easy or did I just get a good draw on characters? I got two four stars and one three star.

So i presume sending home characters is effectively discarding them? Got a few two star characters that probably won't be used that much.

Also is there a quicker way to build your team and going back into the story missions? It be so much quicker if there was a build team thing in the story mode.

Is this a game where you have to spend 84 hours using some weird trick to re-roll your first character(s) before you can actually start playing the game?

I haven't re-rolled at all. I think many people are just re-rolling to get characters they want. I'm new to the series so the characters don't really mean much to me, just got to chapter 5. I just summon a new hero now and then and hope i get a higher star colour dude than what i have had before. You can also upgrade characters stars as well.

while rerolling on NOX I went and did some missions on my original account on my tablet. Had Azura and 4 Star Cordelia on that already. Just got 4 star tiki and 5 star camelia...so I guess this one is a keeper now?

How important are healers? I've been rerolling for hours trying to get Lyn/Roy and I'm tired. Thinking of just keeping this set even though it's crap cause of the healer.
AguMH0c.jpg

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
How important are healers? I've been rerolling for hours trying to get Lyn/Roy and I'm tired. Thinking of just keeping this set even though it's crap cause of the healer.
Depends on your characters. If you have a strong strike back/counter hero the value of a healer goes up. The front line is really restricted because of how small the maps are, so I think it's nice to have a healer just because they'll stay out of the way.

Is this a game where you have to spend 84 hours using some weird trick to re-roll your first character(s) before you can actually start playing the game?

you don't have to but since you can people will. a strikingly large amount of people it would seem

i linked my account and started playing immediately (although i did get lucky with lyn on my first summon)

Shun

I rolled a 5* leo who apparently is top tier, but no other good characters. Should I reroll for a natural 5*?

No. Keep it.

20,000 feathers to take a 4 star to a 5 star, and no reliable way to get them.

That's an issue.

It's really not a big deal seeing as you get them from Arena, from reducing characters, and presumably from future events.

If you get duplicates, you have all the more reason to go reduce it, especially since not all 5 star characters are ranked the same and a good majority of the red 5 star characters are outclassed and can be reduced.

Cerium

That's an issue.
Send your unwanted heroes home, you get rewarded with feathers. The rarer the hero, the more feathers you get.

AguMH0c.jpg
This obviously hasn't been tested seriously but my impression, based on what I've seen and on my experience with the franchise, is that these maps are small enough and the number of units few enough that you can get by fine without a healer. In fact, I would guess that the meta will favor aggressive play and therefore strong offensive characters rather than tanks or healers.

linkent

Started with Lyn.

Second multi got me Robin.
4* Lilina and Peri.

Guess i am gonna stick with this account.

How do we find our friend code?

Shun

This obviously hasn't been tested seriously but my impression, based on what I've seen and on my experience with the franchise, is that these maps are small enough and the number of units few enough that you can get by fine without a healer. In fact, I would guess that the meta will favor aggressive play and therefore strong offensive characters rather than tanks or healers.

I disagree, seeing as evasion and accuracy aren't present in this game, being able to survive and tank hits is more important than before. Whereas having speed is one of the most important things in previous installments because dodge and accuracy was present.

A lot of the faster units wouldn't have the bulk to withstand hits because there is no way to dodge and a lot of the time, unless you specifically have triangle advantage, your double attacks aren't enough to kill a same or off element character in a single hit. Maybe not even two attacks with proper heal and debuff support.

It's why people think Leon and Tiki are so good. They're able to take a couple hits and their ougi allows them to weaken multiple enemies via AoE and cripple tanks to finish them off.

Characters with high attack, high survivability, and crippling debuffs seem to be most important at higher levels.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

That's an issue.

The game has been out for a day lol - you dont want powercreep to to happen faster than they can produce new challenging content. Well and obv. they want you to pull for higher rank units.

Kitoro

Blasted through Normal and I'm on Chapter 6 of Hard now.

I farmed enough orbs for 5 multipulls, and got not even a single 5*. At 4% 5* Rare and 4% Focus, so hopefully my next one will get me one or two 5* to make up for the disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom