• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinypogs

Blasted through Normal and I'm on Chapter 6 of Hard now.

I farmed enough orbs for 5 multipulls, and got not even a single 5*. At 4% 5* Rare and 4% Focus, so hopefully my next one will get me one or two 5* to make up for the disappointment.
Do you get orbs for story missions again on hard?

Vecks

I guess I'll work on upgrading the main characters since they won't go home, and it bugs me to have 2 stars clogging up the castle. Not sure if it's worth it, but they each seem to have some unique skill at 5 star and there's not much else to focus on anyway.

Lanrutcon

Send your unwanted heroes home, you get rewarded with feathers. The rarer the hero, the more feathers you get.

You only get 1k from a 5 star hero. You need 20k to make a 5 star hero.

you can get 1,600 by getting more than 3k points in arena. (Did it earlier today and it wasn't too hard)

That's limited to once a week, and dependent on everyone's standings. It's a PVP ranking system.

After putting in a few hours and completing some more story chapters I'm already starting to feel kinda bored of the game, I think it's because there aren't really any short term carrots compared to every other F2P gacha game I've played.

The major problem is that there isn't any way of getting new heroes without using the premium currency, most F2P gacha games have a free currency pool with low rarity characters to get people started which then double up as fusion fodder later on. In addition to that the gacha pools are already starting out super bloated making it impossible to get anything you want. Short of account re-rolling until the end of time I'm probably never going to get a Tharja, Felicia, Arthur or Lissa through the endless stream of bald monk dupes.

After putting in a few hours and completing some more story chapters I'm already starting to feel kinda bored of the game, I think it's because there aren't really any short term carrots compared to every other F2P gacha game I've played.

The major problem is that there isn't any way of getting new heroes without using the premium currency, most F2P gacha games have a free currency pool with low rarity characters to get people started which then double up as fusion fodder later on. In addition to that the gacha pools are already starting out super bloated making it impossible to get anything you want. Short of account re-rolling until the end of time I'm probably never going to get a Tharja, Felicia, Arthur or Lissa through the endless stream of bald monk dupes.

felicia and liss are available through the special maps i think shes coming up soon actually speaking of the special map today is virion

edit: lissa is going to be on next tuesday and felicia is on next friday

Dangit Gunter. You're a 4* hero but somehow RNG gods are giving you god tier growths.

He's wrecking house almost as well as my 5* Robin

Shinypogs

Yep! And it's a cakewalk.
Sweet. Atm between merrics giving no fucks about anything and saizo debuffing and using poison strike things could def be harder but i acknowledge i lucked out on pulling a 5 star unit my first pull. That he targets res and uses wind magic to fuck over the pegs who have good res only helps.

I like my team though and will likely not end up doing any more pulling till new units are added. I've got a healer and can switch between est and sharena for lances. Good to know I can star hoarding orbs from higher difficulties though.

So since feathers are needed in a massive amount, do you guys think it will be a cool idea to just make a huge google doc with everyone's ID ? So everyone register everyone and at the end of the day, we can have better income

Hmm, that's good news I guess, thanks for the info. Won't they just be 1* with no skills though?

the minimum is at 1 star but u can go for 2 stars (i have a feeling they are gonna make more difficult ones later ) also if you finish both u can at least get 40 sp on a 2 star hahah (silver lining )

So since feathers are needed in a massive amount, do you guys think it will be a cool idea to just make a huge google doc with everyone's ID ? So everyone register everyone and at the end of the day, we can have better income

at least from my experience ive only gotten 5 feathers regardless of how many friends i got :/ maybe im doing it wrong hahaha

jahasaja

Genuine question:

What is the goal of this game? I do not seem to be able to understand Fire Emblem games or rather I do not understand strategy games with exp.

The games seems to tell me that the best strategy is to make one guy OP and then let him do all the attacks. The same thing happened to me in Awakening suddenly I realised that the best way to proceed is to make everybody except my OP character huddle in a corner.

However, this way of playing is not fun since there is no strategy involve. Just like Awakening it seem like you have to actively work against breaking the game.

So it the goal not to win every fight but rather win every fight AND try to distribute the exp evenly?

PaiiNx

Neo Member
After 1 day of rerolling and one account with double Lyn finally I used all my lucky on this roll.
paWCqrw.png

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Ok getting started - i rerolled for Lucin becaus eof reasons...lol. Zero friends so far dont know what they are used for but if any Gaffer wanna send me an invite.

ID: 4074600765

Genuine question:

What is the goal of this game? I do not seem to be able to understand Fire Emblem games or rather I do not understand strategy games with exp.

The games seems to tell me that the best strategy is to make one guy OP and then let him do all the attacks. The same thing happened to me in Awakening suddenly I realised that the best way to proceed is to make everybody except my OP character huddle in a corner.

However, this way of playing is not fun since there is no strategy involve. Just like Awakening it seem like you have to actively work against breaking the game.

So it the goal not to win every fight but rather win every fight AND try to distribute the exp evenly?
the early game makes you feel that way but once u hit a certain chapter it gets a lot tougher and u will need to have some balance in your units

Shinypogs

Genuine question:

Generally you want to build up a whole team yes since some maps in the games cannot be solo'd while completing all objectives and within time limits. Awakening does allow a super unit to break the game though.

For this game you want a core team with weapon triangle coverage and passive skills that help buff allies since your team is so small and limited. Also remember that you don't have to attack. You can let your strong units take damage and only retaliate while your healer gets exp and other units get much needed kills. The idea is always to use what you have as a whole to their utmost potential.you have an army they should function like one not like 4the strong juggernauts doing their own thing. Well unless you like that playstyle.

Sölf

The difficulty near the end ramp ups quite a bit. I just lost in 9-3 and don't think I can beat that with my current lineup unless I train a bit (which I will probably do). Those damn knights already have nearly 40 HP and those mages wreck me.

ggx2ac

Did arena, Takumi is so bullshit. Extremely high attack, his weapon can allow him to pass through enemies and, he can counter at melee range.

rockx4

How much content do these games normally have, in terms of maps and such. It seems pretty low for the story maps. Do people mainly just grind to lvl/rank up characters?

its a celebration event it seems
free 10 stam pots
no stam cost for equiping skills (i didnt even know this was a thing ....its probably a good idea to get those high costing skills now lol

out side of the potions it seems everything was already in effect....nvm the half stam only applies to traning tower

How much content do these games normally have, in terms of maps and such. It seems pretty low for the story maps. Do people mainly just grind to lvl/rank up characters?

These games are usually designed for long term. Cranking out content constantly is how they keep people coming back.

nubbe

new content is added regularly to keep people playing and spending

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Dem sweet Stamina pots - guess i will be able to play more story later.

And changed my nickname lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom