• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyway to get out of the summoning screen? I didn't mean to enter it but my phone never went to sleep when I put it in my pocket. I'm on Android.

Yui

Two weeks? Will there be other paralel events in-beetwen that?

That's an eternity for a gacha game, you either update on a weekly basis or you will die painfully.

I assume that's just for the main story and there will be events, new special gacha units and stuff in between.
They would be delusional otherwise and I don't think they are that blind to what other games do to be successful.

That being said, I expect there to be like an introduction period of maybe 2 weeks (seeing how the current gacha banner runs for 2 weeks that would make sense) before anything of the usual gacha routine kicks in.

Avallon

I'm getting near the end of the available story and I feel like my only useful unit is my 5-star Lucina.

This is worrisome.

ggx2ac

I have a 5 * merric with wind magic so they can be pulled but yeah if your team has no magic or dagger users with debuffs your gonna have a hard time against high def units.

I forgot about Matthew, pretty handy. 4*, rogue dagger decreases stats, has poison strike.

But then I remembered these Knights have over 40 health.

I just finished Hard mode and am now in the middle of Lunatic mode.

I remembered I could have grabbed Frederick, he has a hammer but he's 3*, lack of skills make it difficult.

Checked again and remembered I have a 4* Caeda, she has an Armorslayer. I'll see how that goes.

Forkball

You joke, but you know deep down in your heart that what you said would bring in $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It's no joke my friend.

But yes, I expect there to be special, limited versions of certain heroes, perhaps based around holidays. I am honestly expecting beach/hot spring versions of certain characters. That DLC had to have sold better then the rest outside of the exp/gold grinding ones. Since they're using a mix of artists, I could see them contracting someone to illustrate the characters around a certain theme. Like maybe when Echoes comes out, they could have an update with characters using Hidari's art, even those who are already in the game.

In terms of features, and especially map design, I think there's a ton of stuff they could add to this game. I think the game has a solid base that they can easily expand on. Even something like pair ups could dramatically mix up how the game plays and would cause people to rethink their teams AKA spend money.

ggx2ac

I'm getting near the end of the available story and I feel like my only useful unit is my 5-star Lucina.

This is worrisome.

4* units can be good as long as it adds to your team.

My 5* team sucks, I had more fun using Draug, Gordin, Lissa, Robin because it was a good balance of offense, defense and healing. If they were 5* I'd be using them for Lunatic mode.

Shinypogs

Cool, thanks!

Didn't get any 5*, have to delete and reinstall? Or can I just delete all data from the app (on android)
You don't need a five star to do well as long as you got some varied pulls that cover weapon triangle. That said if you wanna rerolls theres a guide somewhere.

On my 20th reroll I got finally Tharja, the problem is, she is a 4 star and the rest of the characters are fucking shit.
Im using the nox emulator, so I could rename the save and try more rerolls but im a little tired already.

The characters that appear most on the red stones are Palla, Olivia and Sophie and those 3 characters can go and fuck themselves with a huge metal rod. Im fucking tired of seeing one of them in every reroll.

jph139

Man, running with a full team of 4 and 5 Star units makes the story mode WAY too easy.

So I've made up a team of shitty characters to run through on normal and then going through again on Hard with my legit team. Helps keep the challenge level consistent. Though my main team is sort of stomping on Hard, too...

ggx2ac

And 4* Caeda wasn't useful enough. Iron Knights are a real pain in the ass, I guess I'm going to see what kind of damage female Corrin does and then see if that's useful. Otherwise, I'll just have to use 3* Robin or something. All I'm missing is a green spellcaster, annoyingly the orb summons have rarely picked green.

Joqu

Well, it took me the longest time to figure out why I couldn't merge my level three tiki into my five star tiki. We all have our moments.

Fair enough. I'm sure it's one of those things they'll put in all the FAQs for dummies like us.

On my 20th reroll I got finally Tharja, the problem is, she is a 4 star and the rest of the characters are fucking shit.
Im using the nox emulator, so I could rename the save and try more rerolls but im a little tired already.

The characters that appear most on the red stones are Palla, Olivia and Sophie and those 3 characters can go and fuck themselves with a huge metal rod. Im fucking tired of seeing one of them in every reroll.

I've rerolled like 20 times only to end up with her 4* version three times as well. Not going to give up lol.

Has been playing this game for 4 consecutive hours, first time ever i played that amount of time on my phone. Amazing mobile game, can't wait for the Switch version.

Did another batch (might be awhile before 20 orbs collect again) and got 5-star Marth. Some Fates Hoshidans too but I'm actually disappointed when I get them, except 4-star Setsuna will be handy as another archer.

As was the case yesterday, Effie continues to shine, and Stahl now as well.

Already a bit meh on the gameplay but will keep it on the phone and play when resources refresh. If nothing else, the art and voice samples are neat to check out.

This game is really good. Only just finished the Prologue, but it's fun and quick. The structure reminds me of the Final Fantasy mobile games, but far less complicated to grasp.

Looking forward to diving into more of this later.

Quonny

And 4* Caeda wasn't useful enough. Iron Knights are a real pain in the ass, I guess I'm going to see what kind of damage female Corrin does and then see if that's useful. Otherwise, I'll just have to use 3* Robin or something. All I'm missing is a green spellcaster, annoyingly the orb summons have rarely picked green.

Yeah, shields are my bane, need to level a caster. But I dun wannnnnaaaaaa.

alcheim

It took a whole day of re-rolling, but I finally got two 5* characters (Lucina + Robin)

...they weren't the ones I was aming for, but at this point, I'd probably end up hating the Fire Emblem if I have to restart again.

Now to actually play the game.

Ugh, just discovered that renaming old saves, when trying to go back to them again after new rerolls dont actually work anymore (changed the name to the original but when I launch the game it gives me an error).
Ive heard about people using renaming, but did it really worked for them and im doing something wrong?

Syrus

Banned
So what is the long term goal for this game? I see no reason to spend money especially if you got one 5 star base.

Sölf

So what is the long term goal for this game? I see no reason to spend money especially if you got one 5 star base.

You can fuse your duplicates. That gives them "Background Level Ups", which function like normal level ups but don't count towards your normal level up. I am pretty sure, at one point in the future, this will be the only way to improve your characters even further. Heck, even on normal mode, the last few missions are pretty hairy, even with 1-2 5* units. I don't even want to do them on Hard or Lunatic mode.

Syntsui

You can eventually evolve her to 5 star, no?
She will never be as good as a base 5* I suppose.

Which makes me question the team I'm rolling with even more. My 5* Robin is not a legit 5* and as good as Camilla is, she is still a 4*.

I may reroll again for a legit 5* base if I ha e the free time later.

Quonny

Which makes me question the team I'm rolling with even more. My 5* Robin is not a legit 5* and as good as Camilla is, she is still a 4*.

I'm casually rerolling while waiting for stamina, but honestly unless I get a mega good roll I'm just gonna stick with my meh team. No doubt that new banners will come out with broken-ass units.

Jeffrey

Sölf;229639905 said:
You get them, for example, for sending units home. Sending a 5* home gives you 1000 feathers. 4* gives you 300 I think.

Is that basically selling a unit?

So you kinda have to keep summoning to promote.

Seems like you can get the mat in the training hall too?

Sölf

Is that basically selling a unit?

So you kinda have to keep summoning to promote.

Seems like you can get the mat in the training hall too?

Yeah, you basically sell it. The other thing would be to fuse your duplicates, but that doesn't really make sense for anything but 5* units.

Totakeke

Also, you can use multiples of the same character, can you not? I didn't have problem adding a duplicate to a team but I didn't bring it into battle. If you can, I don't see selling off 5* characters as a worthwhile proposition.

Syntsui

I'm casually rerolling while waiting for stamina, but honestly unless I get a mega good roll I'm just gonna stick with my meh team. No doubt that new banners will come out with broken-ass units.
Yeah, like I said before. It doesn't matter how hard we reroll, this is literally the second day of the game. In a few months everyone will be bad.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Wait, really? Why is this? I went ahead and took my 4 star Tharja thinking that the evolution would be the same.

dragn

Also, you can use multiples of the same character, can you not? I didn't have problem adding a duplicate to a team but I didn't bring it into battle. If you can, I don't see selling off 5* characters as a worthwhile proposition.

you can fuse for stat boost or something

Sölf

you can fuse for stat boost or something

Yes you can, it's a sort of "Background Level Up" that doesn't count towards your normal level. So instead of Level 14 -> Level 15 you get Level 14 -> Level 14+.

The thing is, once you promote this disappears. So it doesn't make sense to use it on non 5* units.

Langobalt

Neo Member
Forgot to get the gift orbs so no 5 pull but still got 5* camilla and Lyn so w/e.

friend id if anyone wants to add me 8557653428

Didn't feel like re-rolling when I started and I'm glad I didn't. Within a few hours of playing normally I got 5* Takumi, 4* Corrin and 4* Merric. Seems like it isn't that hard to get decent rolls in this game.

Also yeah, feel free to add me too: 7712193949

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom