• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggy

Do later chapters involve following any strategy like a normal FE game? The first two chapters were just 1-1 fights that were easily won.

Sölf

This is what I've got atm:

83vesci.jpg

I would really try to level up a few more units. Selena seems to be pretty cool (she can get an Armor Slayer), also Raigh as a mage would be a good idea (mine sucks, I am using Nino). Imo you should try to have 2 of every type (Red/Green/Blue) to be able to change units if needed. I wouldn't give up, try the Training Tower, try the Duel Arena.

Have you used your crystals? If not you could use them to level up a few of your low level units fast.

Dimmle

I'm stuck at the beginning of Chapter 9 with my strongest units 7 levels under the competition. Is the free ride over?

J0dy77

Any initial guides for rerolling? Do all characters have the ability to be 5 stars or are some just stronger than others? I made four pulls and got 2 - Four Star and 2 three star... no clue what to aim for if I should restart.

mfiuza

Anyone knows why a character stops gaining XP from kills? Is it because his lvl is high comparing to the one he kills? My 5 star Marth stopped gaining any XP after half lvl 15, and I'm on chapter 5 I think.

Sölf

Do later chapters involve following any strategy like a normal FE game? The first two chapters were just 1-1 fights that were easily won.

Yes, they do. They are never as complex as other FE games because of the size, but they can be interesting. Even if only small changes are made, like enemies waiting for you to come in range or having annoying skills, that changes how you approach maps.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is this your first gacha game? :lol:
In a month you'll be complaining along with the rest of us how near impossible it is to win unless you've paid for 5stars.

Yeah, kinda weird to see people complaining about how easy the game is. Umm.. what do you expect from early story missions?!

In other news, Lyn is ridics.

Sölf

I'm stuck at the beginning of Chapter 9 with my strongest units 7 levels under the competition. Is the free ride over?
Chapter 9 is not nice. But 9-1 and 9-2 are cakewalks compared to the last 3.

Anyone knows why a character stops gaining XP from kills? Is it because his lvl is high comparing to the one he kills? My 5 star Marth stopped gaining any XP after half lvl 15, and I'm on chapter 5 I think.

I am pretty sure it's only because of the level difference (as in, your Marth is to high).

Eridani

That's the reason yes. Don't know the exact level difference it happens at, but it happens surprisingly quickly.

Avallon

Sölf;229642787 said:
I would really try to level up a few more units. Selena seems to be pretty cool (she can get an Armor Slayer), also Raigh as a mage would be a good idea (mine sucks, I am using Nino). Imo you should try to have 2 of every type (Red/Green/Blue) to be able to change units if needed. I wouldn't give up, try the Training Tower, try the Duel Arena.

Have you used your crystals? If not you could use them to level up a few of your low level units fast.
Wouldn't that give me an all red team?

Shahadan

I got a 4* Nino and thought I wouldn't bother but her skill to step back a tile and drag an ally with her should be useful in some situations. Hmm

studyguy

Got a 5 star Marth last night, replaced Roy.
His fucking stat growth is REDONK.
Dude is sitting at 39atk at level 12, are the stat boosts random? He gains so many fucking stats.

vareon

Finally got a 4* Camilla, which is nice because my other green (Anna) sucks. I think I'm ready to roll into the story more quickly.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Got a 5 star Marth last night, replaced Roy.
His fucking stat growth is REDONK.
Dude is sitting at 39atk at level 12, are the stat boosts random? He gains so many fucking stats.

I was reading that stats aren't the same for everyone, which is a bit ... interesting... , so my Lyn could be much better (or worse) than someone else's Lyn.

Azuran

Banned
Fucking hell, it's looks insane to level up a 3* to 5*

I may just reroll again and try for more higher bases because I only have one 4* and 5*. The rest are 3* and there's no way I'm wasting so many resources at this point in the game.

Credo

I apologize for having to ask this, but I was gone all day yesterday and am just now getting around to starting this up, so it's near impossible to wade through all the comments. If someone could tell me if the following points are correct, I'd appreciate it.

1.) Rerolling can be done through playing the tutorial and 3 prologues to do a 5-pull or by doing the tutorial alone for a 4-pull.
2.) Red units tend to be the most powerful.
3.) Don't listen to tier lists because it's too early to have formed accurate lists.

Also, would you prioritize getting 5-stars of characters you don't care about or 3/4-stars of your favorite characters? I'd love to have Roy, Marth, Chrom, Hector, Lyn, or some of those, but if I get one or two of them as 3-stars, is it worth keeping them? I'm not sure how you go about upgrading units from 3 to 4 and then to 5 stars, so I don't know how difficult that will be. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Anyone here rerolling using nox emulator with having renamed folders (to keep what you think could be a good team but still trying again) still working after rerolling.

Also, the only thing I need to do to continue with the same characters in my phone is vinculating my nintendo account in the emulator one and once I open the phone version using my account will traspass my characters no?

ggx2ac

This looks cool.

C3wMKIoUoAA_5yO.jpg

But Fae doesn't have a special move, she'll probably get one in an update in the future.

So, if you have any units that don't have a special, you can already see what their special attack image will be.

ccbfan

Any specific skill I should get for Tiki first?

She's my only 5* and I don't want to mess her up.

Also how do you get a healer? Are orbs summons the only way right now?

Should I do a 2nd 20 orb summon?

kewlmyc

Spent all my orbs on the caste and have that maxed out now. Leveling everyone up.

Currently have a 5* Tiki and 4* Jakob that are wrecking everything. I think I'm content with this. I'm going to go ahead and make this my primary account.

Watcha think? Blessing of the waifus fell upon me. I am tired of rerolling, and I think it will be wise to keep this party.

I'll resend requests to codes from page 40+

f71NHAo.png

Haines

Banned
Is this worth playing if i will never soend money on it or play it outside of the house or am i better off just playing more of my copy of awakening?

Welp, I am fucking in this game. Never been much of a phone game guy, but I already dropped like $20 on this game lmao. Really enjoying, it's a ton of fun. Already nearing the end of the Normal campaign and am near the 1/3rd sport for Hard. Pulls have not been very good to me though, haven't seen another 5 star since my first roll with Tiki.

Omnicent

Man these feather costs SUCK.
The only good thing is that fusing lowers the feather cost.
My 3* Setsuna went from 2000 to 1850. Guy on reddit did it twice for 3*and it went down to 1700.
I hope this scales (a 150 reduction from 20,000 would be laughable)
Does anyone know if there is a fusing limit, because fusing seems like its going to be pretty important for +1'ing and for lowerin feather costs.

Also reduction does not work when feeding a lower * to a higher star (fed a 3* to my 4* and only got SP and no reduction in feather cost).
So basically +1'in a unit lowers cost (My Setsuna is 20+1 in her info)

Aselith

Is this worth playing if i will never soend money on it or play it outside of the house or am i better off just playing more of my copy of awakening?

It doesn't seem too bad on the MT but you will have to wait sometimes due to energy refill stuff

Dimmle

It's a great mobile encapsulation of FE but obviously Awakening is a better FE experience overall. FEH's strength is that the maps are quick, fun, and capture the spirit of the series' core mechanics.

And you can complete the story without spending a dime.

ggx2ac

Man these feather costs SUCK.
The only good thing is that fusing lowers the feather cost.
My 3* Setsuna went from 2000 to 1850. Does anyone know
if there is a fusing limit?

My 4* Gunter went from 20000 to 19700. So basically, it reduced the feathers by the same amount sending home a 4* character would achieve.

I guess fusing characters below 5* isn't useless then. However now knowing this, I'd only be doing that below 5* if I was planning to get the character to 5*

Eridani

I apologize for having to ask this, but I was gone all day yesterday and am just now getting around to starting this up, so it's near impossible to wade through all the comments. If someone could tell me if the following points are correct, I'd appreciate it.

1.) Rerolling can be done through playing the tutorial and 3 prologues to do a 5-pull or by doing the tutorial alone for a 4-pull.
2.) Red units tend to be the most powerful.
3.) Don't listen to tier lists because it's too early to have formed accurate lists.

Also, would you prioritize getting 5-stars of characters you don't care about or 3/4-stars of your favorite characters? I'd love to have Roy, Marth, Chrom, Hector, Lyn, or some of those, but if I get one or two of them as 3-stars, is it worth keeping them? I'm not sure how you go about upgrading units from 3 to 4 and then to 5 stars, so I don't know how difficult that will be. Thanks in advance for any replies.
I'm not the biggest expert, so these are hardly facts, but:

1.) Is correct, though you must click on the owl on the home screen to get 2 extra orbs.
2.) Since tier lists aren't all that accurate yet, it's hard to say what's the most powerful. In any case, it's good to have a balanced team, since the weapon triangle seems very impactful.
3.) Is also correct.

As for what to prioritize, it's up to you. 5 stars will almost certainly be better, but if you just want your favorite characters then go for that. Upgrading does seems pretty expensive though, but nobody really knows how easy/hard farming the materials will be in the future.

So far, there's no real endgame so it's hard to say how much you'll really need 5 star teams. As with any gatcha though, rerolling for good (5 star in this case) units might save you a lot of trouble later on.

Haines

Banned
It's a great mobile encapsulation of FE but obviously Awakening is a better FE experience overall. FEH's strength is that the maps are quick, fun, and capture the spirit of the series' core mechanics.

And you can complete the story without spending a dime.

Cool. Me and the wifey will give it a shot.

So what are the chances to get the same reroll twice one behind the other. Got the 4 characters that I thought were shit, uninstalled, installed, rerolled again and got the same 4 characters (eliwood had 4 stars now instead of 3 though).
What are the fucking chances!

Also Eliwood's character art is atrocious, his eyes are horribly drawn.

Omnicent

My 4* Gunter went from 20000 to 19700. So basically, it reduced the feathers by the same amount sending home a 4* character would achieve.

I guess fusing characters below 5* isn't useless then. However now knowing this, I'd only be doing that below 5* if I was planning to get the character to 5*

In that case it sounds like it will be good to fuse instead of sending a unit home if applicable (lowers feather costs and you get better stats to help out in pvp for feathers)

EDarkness

Being playing this game a bit and having a lot of fun. I did my second 5 pull this morning and I ended up getting a 5* Robin. The thing is, I have a 4* Robin that is level 11 right now. I tried merging them, but it won't let me do that. So I guess I have to start from scratch and work on the 5* Robin from the beginning. I also ended up with Kagero and Oboro which will be pretty awesome to build up. Not sure how I'm going to have time building up so many characters.

Gotchaye

I'd never played a gacha game before this. The business model seems crazy. A single pull is not worth very much because 60% of the time you get utter trash, and they want to sell me 3/5 of a pull for $2? I have a hard time imagining ever spending money on this.

My free pulls have done pretty well for me so far, though. I have an all 5* team with baby Tiki, Lucina, and two copies of Takumi. I'd merge them but I don't have a better 4th member. The only 4* I have that I particularly like is Cherche but she's already level 20 so there's not much point in continuing to build her up, and I also expect that there are much better options for a green physical hero. I've gone through normal and most of hard mode pretty easily with them.

Something I'm not clear on about the pulls: my impression is that you can only get 5* focus heroes on the right color of stone for the hero that they are. So if you summon on a red stone with Legendary Heroes you have a 3% chance of getting any of Lucina, Marth, or Tiki, a 3% chance of getting a random red 5*, and a 94% chance of getting a 3* or 4*. But what happens if you summon on a stone that can't produce a focus hero because there are none of that type? Legendary Heroes is 3 red and 1 blue, so if you summon on a green is it just a 6% chance of a random green 5* or is it basically just a 3% chance of a 5*? I'd been thinking that it was less likely to give me a 5* so I've been summoning only on stones that could produce focus heroes and then stopping, but is this actually how it works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom