• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purdy

Just been playing through the main story, been a breeze as I guess it's supposed to be. Should I just do the same 5 summon thing again with 20 orbs or be using them for something else?

Golnei

3. Events. Actual events with stories, new characters, and so on. Maybe introduce a new item that gives SP and tie it to events. Exclusive characters. Don't have to be top tier, don't have to even be good, but new characters or even costumes to equip to our characters would be great.

Crossover events in particular - continuing to fill out the back catalogue of FE characters and adding appropriate seasonal variations is necessary, but when most of the series' popular characters are there at launch; they're kind of running on fumes as far as worthwhile incentives to keep rolling new characters goes. A properly timed release of the Echoes cast will help, but after that the only source of characters tied to a new release will be FE Switch sometime in 2018. A couple of cameos would help enormously - it doesn't need to be anything huge, but one or two Zelda characters and Peach would be decent fits that could redirect more attention towards the game, like the Mario Kart 8 DLC.

Cross-company events are probably too much to hope for from Nintendo, but Ramza would be amazing.

Sölf;229640743 said:
Block as in... do you need to wait for your energy to refill? Or are you actually walled by the enemies?

Probably the waiting time.
Stamina consumption ramps up pretty quickly. On Normal in later chapters the Stamina cost is 7+ for a minute long battle.
On Hard and Lunatic you can easily double that cost.

So yeah .. later on the waiting time seems to be much much higher than the playtime.

Vena

I keep getting the communication error. Last time I reinstalled I lost my save (RIP Lyn), if I have linked my save does that solve this problem. Or...?

Just been playing through the main story, been a breeze as I guess it's supposed to be. Should I just do the same 5 summon thing again with 20 orbs or be using them for something else?

I came here just to ask this question.

Should I be summoning at first or should I upgrade my castle?

Sölf

I keep getting the communication error. Last time I reinstalled I lost my save (RIP Lyn), if I have linked my save does that solve this problem. Or...?

Yes it does, but you still need to uninstall and reinstall the game on an unrooted device or you have to go to "data -> data -> com.nintendo.zaba -> shared_prefs" and then delete the "deviceAccount:.xml" file. This can only be done on an unrooted device. Also, you have to connect your account again, but you won't loose any progress.

Also, the final mission on normal requires 12 energy.

Vena

Sölf;229641213 said:
Yes it does, but you still need to uninstall and reinstall the game on an unrooted device or you have to go to "data -> data -> com.nintendo.zaba -> shared_prefs" and then delete the "deviceAccount:.xml" file. This can only be done on an unrooted device. Also, you have to connect your account again, but you won't loose any progress.

Also, the final mission on normal requires 12 energy.

I have to go to an unroofed system? I can't just uninstall the current app and reinstall it?

Or did you mean rooted?

Crossover events in particular - continuing to fill out the back catalogue of FE characters and adding appropriate seasonal variations is necessary, but when most of the series' popular characters are there at launch; they're kind of running on fumes as far as worthwhile incentives to keep rolling new characters goes. A properly timed release of the Echoes cast will help, but after that the only source of characters tied to a new release will be FE Switch sometime in 2018. A couple of cameos would help enormously - it doesn't need to be anything huge, but one or two Zelda characters and Peach would be decent fits that could redirect more attention towards the game, like the Mario Kart 8 DLC.

Cross-company events are probably too much to hope for from Nintendo, but Ramza would be amazing.

Just wait the events with Same character with diferent Clothes, unique Weapons etc.

Forkball

I came here just to ask this question.

Should I be summoning at first or should I upgrade my castle?

I would say do a 20 orb pull for some decent folks, then upgrade your castle. A fully upgraded castle is 30 orbs and gives you double XP, so it will be useful down the line when you get who you want.

Sölf

I have to go to an unroofed system? I can't just uninstall the current app and reinstall it?

No, you can of course do that. But then you have to redownload everything again. IF you have a rooted device, you can just delete the file above instead of uninstalling, reinstalling and redownloading the whole game.#

Edit:
Oh, whoops. Yeah, I meant you can only do that on a rooted device.

Nbz

If people are starved for orbs, you can redeem from the my nintendo website if you got plenty of platinum points.

Doesn't look like you can redeem orbs. Only other stuff, like shards. There is a one time 10 orb bonus, but aside from that you can't just buy them with platinum points

Tahnit

Banned
Game is way too easy. Don't even really have to try. And you can't select hard mode until you beat a chapter on normal.

Sölf

Game is way too easy. Don't even really have to try. And you can't select hard mode until you beat a chapter on normal.

Come back once you reach chapter 8 and 9. Especially the last few missions in 9. Even on normal they are ridiculous in comparison to most other chapters. Heck, I had to level a bit just to beat 9-3.

Vena

Sölf;229641429 said:
No, you can of course do that. But then you have to redownload everything again. IF you have a rooted device, you can just delete the file above instead of uninstalling, reinstalling and redownloading the whole game.#

Edit:
Oh, whoops. Yeah, I meant you can only do that on a rooted device.

K excellent. Thanks. 😅

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Lon'qu is 3 stars?

this_is_bullshit_the_wire.gif

Shahadan

Is this your first gacha game? :lol:
In a month you'll be complaining along with the rest of us how near impossible it is to win unless you've paid for 5stars.

nubbe

Is this your first gacha game? :lol:
In a month you'll be complaining along with the rest of us how near impossible it is to win unless you've paid for 5stars.

Hope Nintendo add daily and weekly mission for points so we can buy stamina potions

ggx2ac

On my need of getting a green spellcaster, I was spending 5 orbs to do one summon whenever I could get a green orb. First one was crap because I already had Gunter.

Second time around when I tried to spend 5 orbs once...

C3wDWvsUkAER_BO.jpg

Not what I was expecting but if it deals magic damage then I'm happy. I'm guessing it is, female Corrin has the skill seal resistance and it'd be useless if her attack is physical.

Now to grind levels.

Akuosa

Sölf;229641513 said:
Come back once you reach chapter 8 and 9. Especially the last few missions in 9. Even on normal they are ridiculous in comparison to most other chapters. Heck, I had to level a bit just to beat 9-3.
Agree on this. I had to change my party for some battles too, while until then I just brute forced everything.

Sölf

On my need of getting a green spellcaster, I was spending 5 orbs to do one summon whenever I could get a green orb. First one was crap because I already had Gunter.

Second time around when I tried to spend 5 orbs once...

C3wDWvsUkAER_BO.jpg

Not what I was expecting but if it deals magic damage then I'm happy. I'm guessing it is, female Corrin has the skill seal resistance and it'd be useless if her attack is physical.

Now to grind levels.

I am pretty sure all dragons deal magic damage. At least my Corrin totally fails against casters... xD

Orca

Got a five star Marth in my first summon....but the rest was three star garbage or lower. Did another, all three star.

Blew all my luck on that first roll.

Can a character which only has a 2-3-4 star rank from the summons get higher ranks if you use feathers and shards to upgade them?

Like can everyone get a 5 star rank?

Avallon

Chapter 7 and the only unit I have that can do more than 2 damage is my 5-star Lucina.

Should I reroll? I've already fully upgraded my castle and redeemed my 10 orbs from Club Nintendo. Plus I got the daily log-in bonus today and yesterday.

I've spent 40 orbs rolling on this account and have one five-star to show for it.

I should probably reroll, right?

Sölf

Chapter 7 and the only unit I have that can do more than 2 damage is my 5-star Lucina.

Should I reroll? I've already fully graded my castle and redeemed my 10 orbs from Club Nintendo. Plus I got the daily log-in bonus today and yesterday.

I've spent 40 orbs rolling on this account and have one five-star to show for it.

Can't you level other characters? The training tower only requires half energy at the moment. Even 3* are pretty cool, my female Corrin is only a 3* but one of my bulkiest units.

Shahadan

Sölf;229642339 said:
I guess from dueling. You can send a friend request after a battle.

Haven't done that yet. (Edit: is it random adversaries? maybe from that then yeah) I got those requests a few hours after launch and still debating if I should accept :lol:

Avallon

Sölf;229642257 said:
Can't you level other characters? The training tower only requires half energy at the moment. Even 3* are pretty cool, my female Corrin is only a 3* but one of my bulkiest units.

This is what I've got atm:

83vesci.jpg

13ruce

Banned
I got 2 3 star one healer and a axe user, 1 4 star archer and 5 star male corrin. Should i reroll or play on i had bad luck yesterday and today this is my first 5 star character. Some advice would be great before i play or reroll again.

Sölf;229640743 said:
Block as in... do you need to wait for your energy to refill? Or are you actually walled by the enemies?
The latter. I was blazing through missions until this chapter - then suddenly the weapon wheel became important.
I experienced that enemies get a tad more challenging and stamina drain faster
and it escalates from there
Yeah, I think I have to actually implement strategy now.

ggx2ac

Sölf;229642059 said:
I am pretty sure all dragons deal magic damage. At least my Corrin totally fails against casters... xD

I forgot that I could just check her profile. Tapped on the weapon type, in this instance the green flame and it said, "Damage reduced by target's resistance."

Now I can beat those iron Knights.

aett

Should I reroll? I've already fully upgraded my castle and redeemed my 10 orbs from Club Nintendo. Plus I got the daily log-in bonus today and yesterday.

Every character can be upgraded to five stars. It might take a while to get the necessary levels and materials (and then levels again), but it will improve your weaker characters.

This isn't to say that all characters are equal. It's almost certain that any character who is a five-star exclusive is going to have better overall stats than a character you can get at three- or four-stars initially.

Shahadan

Also I'm not sure why they haven't felt the need to add a way to expand the stamina limit. Expert mode progress will be annoying

xptoxyz

Are there currencies with a free ceiling in the game? For example 50 total orbs?

Is there a consensus on how to approach spending these limited resources? For orbs it seems it's either a castle upgrade or character rolls from 2 different pools?

Any benefit to having adding people in-game?

Eridani

Haven't done that yet. (Edit: is it random adversaries? maybe from that then yeah) I got those requests a few hours after launch and still debating if I should accept :lol:

Yeah, arena is against random people, and you can send a friend request afterwards. I don't think there's a disadvantage for accepting, and friends can give you free feathers so I just accept everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom