• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this goes the same route as granblue fantasy then I need to save my orbs for when I can make real gains

Like when swimsuit versions of heroes are temporarily in the rotation

muu

If we can compare max level characters (which is apparently level 40) and check how many values they have in total it would determine whether or not it is random.

The same level 1 characters have the same base stats, distributed to different stats but ending up with the same number of points in total. The same could happen at max level.

I've been seeing Japanese twitter users report on total stat value converging at level 40 -- the sum of all stat values are the same among a number of Takumis for example, though their stat focus may be slightly different. Some people also mentioning growth is determined by initial stats, and same units w/ different stats will grow in an identical fashion.

At the rate things are going we're probably going to know how most of this stuff works within a week.

Credo

I'm not the biggest expert, so these are hardly facts, but:

1.) Is correct, though you must click on the owl on the home screen to get 2 extra orbs.
2.) Since tier lists aren't all that accurate yet, it's hard to say what's the most powerful. In any case, it's good to have a balanced team, since the weapon triangle seems very impactful.
3.) Is also correct.

As for what to prioritize, it's up to you. 5 stars will almost certainly be better, but if you just want your favorite characters then go for that. Upgrading does seems pretty expensive though, but nobody really knows how easy/hard farming the materials will be in the future.

So far, there's no real endgame so it's hard to say how much you'll really need 5 star teams. As with any gatcha though, rerolling for good (5 star in this case) units might save you a lot of trouble later on.

Thanks for your reply :)

Omnicent

If we can compare max level characters (which is apparently level 40) and check how many values they have in total it would determine whether or not it is random.

The same level 1 characters have the same base stats, distributed to different stats but ending up with the same number of points in total. The same could happen at max level.

There was discussion about this on reddit. They say that the total values are the same, but the distribution is random.
I can't read the japanese twitter chain (google trans is butt).
This still sucks cause RNG can still screw you over in where it allocates the alloted points.
Could be worse though.

KHlover

Banned
I got in my lats 2 rerolls 2 5 star roys.

Its like the game knows what you want and gives it to another person.

Welp, perhaps I shouldn't have voted for Marth 12 times on the same Nintendo account :D

Fucking desire sensor in full effect.

any of you experiencing Support code: 803-3001?

Had that this afternoon. If you're not on a rooted device you'll just have to keep trying. Rooted users can do some other stuff, but you'd have to ask someone else about that.

ggx2ac

There was discussion about this on reddit. They say that the total values are the same, but the distribution is random.
I can't read the japanese twitter chain (google trans is butt)

Then I'm not surprised. I pointed out how it's not truly random because I've had characters become level 7 or 10 twice because of dying and they still got the same stat growth for that level.

J0dy77

Pulled Robin and Lilina on my first reroll on iOS. Not going to press my luck, trying to get any particular character. How are those 2 in terms of 5 star units?

Game Centre Achievements
My Nintendo Missions
In-game Normal / Hard / Lunatic Missions
In-game Normal / Hard / Lunatic February Quests

Ahhh playing me like a fiddle, I'm a sucker for trophies/achievements/etc.

Roman

I'm seeing a lot of scattered ID posting and questions regarding a sheet in a discord server.

That server is our Fire Emblem GAF Discord and we are collecting IDs on a spreadsheet there. Share yours so everyone can get more feathers!

ccbfan

I can't read the japanese twitter chain (google trans is butt).
This still sucks cause RNG can still screw you over in where it allocates the alloted points.
Could be worse though.

Well I'm out then.

My lone 5* character shitted the bed with growing hp and only has 3 hp growth in the first 10 level ups.

Needing luck for gacha is already bad enough but completely rando stat growth? No thanks.

Pejo

Man, they're just throwing stamina potions at us up front. That's what I spent all of my nintendo coins on, too.

What's the most effective way to level up alternate teams that you've guys found?

Holy shit

AaLei1W.jpg

Achtius

I am having trouble damaging sword knight units, can anyone tell me which unit is strong against them? Tried using spear, still doing single digit damage to them

crimnos

I'm sure this will be like a lot of gatcha games for me, where I enjoy it until the real meta kicks in. Still, liking it so far. I've added folks from this list and am looking to round out my friends list. ID is 3711148036.

EGM92

Had that this afternoon. If you're not on a rooted device you'll just have to keep trying. Rooted users can do some other stuff, but you'd have to ask someone else about that.

I am on a rooted device, but it was working earlier. I was finally able to summon my characters, finished my first battle in the store mode and then it crapped out giving me that error at all times. I'm going to try uninstalling and starting over.

Now I'm completely tired of this game. Already used 80 of the 170 orbs avaibles so far and all I got was a 5-star baton user that I couldn't care less about since she's from Fates and a bunch of characters that I will never use it. Not to mention that the idea of stones with different colors just makes it worse. The gameplay is way too dumbed down, story is a joke, art is a hit or miss, there are 6 Fire Emblem missing, I'm not gonna finish this game, going to delete it and wait for Echoes.

Eridani

I am having trouble damaging sword knight units, can anyone tell me which unit is strong against them? Tried using spear, still doing single digit damage to them

Swords are red right? In that case, blue tomes (mages) should work best, though spears should still be fine. Leveling up can also really help - even 1 or two levels can be a big difference.

Kinsei

Banned
There better be more Christmas characters. Why would they do an event and only give Christmas variants to shitty characters?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Now I'm completely tired of this game. Already used 80 of the 170 orbs avaibles so far and all I got was a 5-star baton user that I couldn't care less about since she's from Fates and a bunch of characters that I will never use it. Not to mention that the idea of stones with different colors just makes it worse. The gameplay is way too dumbed down, story is a joke, art is a hit or miss, there are 6 Fire Emblem missing, I'm not gonna finish this game, going to delete it and wait for Echoes.

Game isn't for everyone. I personally feel like it has the foundation to make an excellent mobile game and look forward to seeing how it develops.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Given that there's a fixed amount of orbs you can get from the campaign, how do these games typically supply orbs when an expansion drops? This isn't like a digital CCG where you can grind some sort of arena mode for summons and "go infinite".

...Is it just daily login? If so, I can't see myself playing this in the long-term.

Kinsei

Banned
Given that there's a fixed amount of orbs you can get from the campaign, how do these games typically supply orbs when an expansion drops? This isn't like a digital CCG where you can grind some sort of arena mode for summons and "go infinite".

...Is it just daily login? If so, I can't see myself playing this in the long-term.

We're getting new story chapters every two weeks or so which will supply orbs. There are also challenges you can do to get more.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Different games do it different. You usually get free currency each time you beat a new event, during maintenance periods or during promotions (e.g., OPTC gives away 1 free gem per day for random events). It's TBD how generous this game is. It's also TBD how important particular characters or skills are.

This looks cool.

But Fae doesn't have a special move, she'll probably get one in an update in the future.

So, if you have any units that don't have a special, you can already see what their special attack image will be.

That the Etrian Odyssey artist? Looks super rad.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
We're getting new story chapters every two weeks or so which will supply orbs. There are also challenges you can do to get more.

Different games do it different. You usually get free currency each time you beat a new event, during maintenance periods or during promotions (e.g., OPTC gives away 1 free gem per day for random events). It's TBD how generous this game is. It's also TBD how important particular characters or skills are.
But that's still gated by the developers right? There won't be a consistent time -> orb conversion (without using money as the go-between haha) right? Also can I get a source for that new story chapters every 2 weeks thing?

Loving this bite sized content. This is definitely my current favorite iOS game. My rolls haven't been that great so far sadly.

My ID is 8799138872

Holy shit congrats. Curious which pool did you pull from?

Deep Devotion. I was hoping for a second 5 star after getting Lyn from my first batch. After getting 1 on the first summon I thought, "OK, cool. Pretty happy with this" then came the next one right after then as I was wrapping it up out came a third.

Crazyorloco

Changed my settings to tap to confirm moves. I kept making errors before.

The game is addictive and the matches are so quick so I end up playing a lot more than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom