• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggx2ac

Being playing this game a bit and having a lot of fun. I did my second 5 pull this morning and I ended up getting a 5* Robin. The thing is, I have a 4* Robin that is level 11 right now. I tried merging them, but it won't let me do that. So I guess I have to start from scratch and work on the 5* Robin from the beginning. I also ended up with Kagero and Oboro which will be pretty awesome to build up. Not sure how I'm going to have time building up so many characters.

In settings, 4* or higher characters are auto-favourite when you obtain then. Go to the character's profile and tap on the heart to remove favourite.

What is the point of being able to unlink a Nintendo Account? Can you link an initial save to your Nintendo Account, unlink and then link a different save to your account?

wrowa

I'd never played a gacha game before this. The business model seems crazy. A single pull is not worth very much because 60% of the time you get utter trash, and they want to sell me 3/5 of a pull for $2? I have a hard time imagining ever spending money on this.

That's my reaction every time I start a gacha game. I have no idea how these games can charge so much for a single pull when a single pull ends up getting you trash most of the time. Well, or more precisely, I don't understand why people are willing to pay so much for it.

Seems to be a cultural thing, I guess, considering that gacha mechanics don't seem to be all that popular outside of Japan. Actual gacha machines being a thing for decades probably plays a role in this. Thing is, if it was more comparable to a small pack of trading cards, I'd actually be inclined to spend money a couple of times. The way it is, though, I'm not going to spend a penny.

Totakeke

I'm trying out how characters play while rerolling and Leo is the one that seems really insane so far. He can move 3 and attack at range, which is already quite rare. He also has a 5cd special that can do like 20+ damage AOE before his normal attacks (1.5x atk stat - enemy res), and then also a passive skill that does 7 AOE damage after an attack.

Only problem with the one I'm using with low defense. However he has high resistance and can tank magic hits like nothing so he can charge up his special that way. If I had a dancer with him he probably can cheese a good number of maps.

Shengar

I pulled my first 5* unit and I don't even know who is she.
She's Maria, Minnerva's Sister apparently. She came just in time when I need a healer

Whizkid7

Ugggggh game come ON I want to play not keep rerolling! I just want Roy...I don't even care if its his 3 star version, just GIMME ROY DAMMIT!

I mean, I'll take Marth or Hector too. Just gimme someone I WANT!

ccbfan

I'd never played a gacha game before this. The business model seems crazy. A single pull is not worth very much because 60% of the time you get utter trash, and they want to sell me 3/5 of a pull for $2? I have a hard time imagining ever spending money on this.

Gacha games are never worth the cost if you pay. (At least the ones I play.)

If done correctly you should never have to pay to enjoy the game. They give you more than enough free 'currency' to progress. This game for instance gives a ton from what I'm seeing (Most gives one per chapter, this give one per stage) and dailies (This gives 2). You might not get exactly the characters you want but you should have enough to progress. So if you're a major fanboy of characters, these type of games aren't what you want to play or become a whale which is usually not recommended unless you're rich.

Li Kao

Sölf;229640033 said:
Yeah, you basically sell it. The other thing would be to fuse your duplicates, but that doesn't really make sense for anything but 5* units.

Yeah about that. I had fused two duplicates already before reading in a tooltip that when promoting a unit, you lose your fusing bonus ? Really ?
So in fact you only should fuse duplicates when they are at 5*, am I understanding things correctly ?

Firemind

Does promoting even do anything substantial besides unlocking slightly better skills and gaining slightly better base stats? Doesn't seem worth all that trouble.

FireVoa

Are most people prioritizing the Learned Skills which are more costly over the cheaper ones? Or getting the cheaper ones out of the way first? I invested only 200 SP into my Tharja 5* and Lyn 5* and was wondering if I should save for their 500 cost ones, or pick up their cheap 40 and 50 skills.

Totakeke

What's the best way to train new characters?

Best as in fastest or most efficient in terms of stamina? :p

By spending like 3k crystals you can level a character from 1 to 18 instantly.

Are most people prioritizing the Learned Skills which are more costly over the cheaper ones? Or getting the cheaper ones out of the way first? I invested only 200 SP into my Tharja 5* and Lyn 5* and was wondering if I should save for their 500 cost ones, or pick up their cheap 40 and 50 skills.

It depends on the skills available and how you use the character and your team.

Some characters have pretty synergistic skills.

ggx2ac

My free pulls have done pretty well for me so far, though. I have an all 5* team with baby Tiki, Lucina, and two copies of Takumi. I'd merge them but I don't have a better 4th member. The only 4* I have that I particularly like is Cherche but she's already level 20 so there's not much point in continuing to build her up, and I also expect that there are much better options for a green physical hero. I've gone through normal and most of hard mode pretty easily with them.

Something I'm not clear on about the pulls: my impression is that you can only get 5* focus heroes on the right color of stone for the hero that they are. So if you summon on a red stone with Legendary Heroes you have a 3% chance of getting any of Lucina, Marth, or Tiki, a 3% chance of getting a random red 5*, and a 94% chance of getting a 3* or 4*. But what happens if you summon on a stone that can't produce a focus hero because there are none of that type? Legendary Heroes is 3 red and 1 blue, so if you summon on a green is it just a 6% chance of a random green 5* or is it basically just a 3% chance of a 5*? I'd been thinking that it was less likely to give me a 5* so I've been summoning only on stones that could produce focus heroes and then stopping, but is this actually how it works?

Takumi is pretty OP, I wonder if using two at the same time will be better.

Yes, 5* characters that are not Focus are just 3%. You can still increase that chance it if you keep pulling 5 orbs at a time and no 5* appears.

So in a sense, Focus characters are easier to get.

I guess I've been lucky then because I have three 5* characters that are not Focus. Cordelia, Catria and Fae.

Lucky because it's hard getting a strategic team if say all your 5* characters were the Focus characters like Marth, Roy, Lyn and Tiki.

mstevens

What's the best way to train new characters?

I'm wondering this as well.

I'm still not a fan of the random growth in a gacha setting. I hope there is a mechanic later on that can prevent 5* units from getting gimped in relation to others.

Eridani

That's my reaction every time I start a gacha game. I have no idea how these games can charge so much for a single pull when a single pull ends up getting you trash most of the time. Well, or more precisely, I don't understand why people are willing to pay so much for it.

Seems to be a cultural thing, I guess, considering that gacha mechanics don't seem to be all that popular outside of Japan. Actual gacha machines being a thing for decades probably plays a role in this.

People pay so much for it precisely because a single pull gives you nothing 97% (or 99% in some other games) of the time, so if you want to actually get something you have to pay up. Since there's apparently plenty of people who are willing to pay until they get their favorite character (which can take thousands of dollars in some cases) it doesn't really matter if the cheap, single pulls are worthless. Even if you only want to spend a little money on the game you practically have to buy one of the more expensive packs, otherwise you'll just get nothing.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
PkkZv37.jpg
I think I might call it quits on this note.

matmanx1

This thing is draining my battery even when I'm not playing. Checking my battery usage in the system properties it used 16% overnight when I was doing absolutely nothing. That seems excessive.

Totakeke

Camillia having low speed is actually a feature, not a bug. Her weapon already lets her attack twice regardless of speed requirements. She also has naturally high def and res (but not too high). This means she charges up her special ability very fast by doing more attacks and taking more hits.

Biske

Im having fun going through the harder modes before I progress through the main game as it were.

Add me folks! 8752075178

Quonny

Random stats in a gacha is not a good look. I really hope they implement a feature where we can reach a cap through in-game means.

redcrayon

Just spent 20 orbs (at the end of chapter two) to get four three star characters and one four star. I was considering paying a tenner as I've enjoyed a few hours with the game now, but if these are the kind of odds to get characters I might actually use, I don't think I'll be giving them any money. 'Gacha' doesn't seem like it's for me, I think I'd rather replay any of the normal FE games I've got kicking around than just grind for the sake of grinding on simple maps. That's the most boring part of (some of) the games, and they've made a game out of it. Still, nice to see new art of old favourites.

Azuran

Banned

Seems to be a cultural thing, I guess, considering that gacha mechanics don't seem to be all that popular outside of Japan. Actual gacha machines being a thing for decades probably plays a role in this. Thing is, if it was more comparable to a small pack of trading cards, I'd actually be inclined to spend money a couple of times. The way it is, though, I'm not going to spend a penny.

That's because you never spent money for a single pull unless you're desperate to get one more orb for some reason. All your money should be going towards bundles since that's a a relative better deal.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Random stats in a gacha is not a good look. I really hope they implement a feature where we can reach a cap through in-game means.

I hope that each character has a set amount of possible points that are randomly distributed (so, you could have 50 speed and 10 HP), but then there are items that drop or you can earn that allow you to redistribute your stats. Would allow an additional level of strategy.

Quixzlizx

Fuck. I did my first 5-roll past the initial one, and got two 4* Hinatas, 3* Tiki, 3* Stahl, 3* Beruka.

1. Are duplicates helpful in any way?
2. Are any of these units decent? I currently have 5* Young Tiki, 3* Palla, 3* Florina, 3* Serra.

ggx2ac

If we can compare max level characters (which is apparently level 40) and check how many values they have in total it would determine whether or not it is random.

The same level 1 characters have the same base stats, distributed to different stats but ending up with the same number of points in total. The same could happen at max level.

Shengar

Fuck. I did my first 5-roll past the initial one, and got two 4* Hinatas, 3* Tiki, 3* Stahl, 3* Beruka.

1. Are duplicates helpful in any way?
2. Are any of these units decent? I currently have 5* Young Tiki, 3* Palla, 3* Florina, 3* Serra.

5* units is automatically good, and I can said that it's worth it to keep your roll even when the rest are 3* units since Tiki is really good.

Ugggggh game come ON I want to play not keep rerolling! I just want Roy...I don't even care if its his 3 star version, just GIMME ROY DAMMIT!

I mean, I'll take Marth or Hector too. Just gimme someone I WANT!

I got in my lats 2 rerolls 2 5 star roys.

Its like the game knows what you want and gives it to another person.

Quonny

If we can compare max level characters (which is apparently level 40) and check how many values they have in total it would determine whether or not it is random.

The same level 1 characters have the same base stats, distributed to different stats but ending up with the same number of points in total. The same could happen at max level.

The only evidence we have is a Twitter image that enemy stat totals of the same unit can have higher caps, but that's clearly just for enemies.

I agree, though. I really hope the stats distributed are totaled evenly. If not, wew.

rsniper59

Neo Member
Started off with a 5* Camilla and 4* Hana, so I went with it. Since then, my last two 5-summons have produced nothing but 3* characters....

Lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom